What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (4 Viewers)

I. MUST. WIN. WITH. HARVARD. I. WILL. NOT. BE. DENIED.

DO. NOT. TAIL. THIS.

Harvard -14 vs Cornell, 1u. I am on tilt with Harvard, but only Harvard.

Nittany, do you pretty much just bet on every single game? I mean, I am ok with that....but cripes you dont lay off much
:lmao: Well, it's Tournament Time, and I just wind up getting excited. I do put thought/work into my picks, but for the amount of effort, the payoff isn't usually much, because I play so many things...This 4-Week period (Championship Week 1 & 2, plus the first two weeks of the Tournament, I don't do anything, beyond basic life functions. Not even work, really. I just go into a shell and watch basketball. It annoys everyone I'm close to, but it's like my little slice of life that no one and nothing is going to take away from me, and it's been that way for years. I spent last week buttering up my fiancée to keep her from being completely annoyed with me, but since I went into my shell on Tuesday, March 5, her patience is really wearing thin. After last year, she totally gets the Big Dance, she probably even gets the Major Conference Tourney's of Championship Week 2, but this week is a new level of strange for her. I've been lucky so far, but the subtle signs of a storm brewing are all there...I'm guessing only guys in this thread would understand this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-tourney play: New Mexico -4 @ Air Force - New Mexico has beaten Air Force 13 straight. Lobos haven't played great basketball lately, and they've already locked up the Mountain West for the 4th time in 5 years, but as the #12 Team in the country, they're already playing for seeding in the Big Dance, and should focus here. Air Force has been tough at home vs upper echelon Teams this season, but year-in, year-out, Lobos seem to have their #. 4 isn't much chalk. I'll take it for 1u.

6:00 PM Colonial Athletic Association #7 Hofstra v #2 Delaware -9 - Delaware is a solid bet to win this Tournament. Blue Hens have won 10 of 12 and are screaming hot right now behind a stifling defense and all-star Devon Saddler. With Towson not allowed to participate in the Tourney, and Northeastern a weak #1 seed, it's Delaware's to lose...I like them to pound Hofstra by double-digits today. Blue Hens -9, 1u.

ETA: 6:00 PM Southern Conference: #10 NC-Greensboro v #2 Elon -7 - Elon is the only Team in the Conference who can hold a candle to Davidson. Everyone else is just fodder. Expect a rout here. Elon -7 1u.

Last edited by a moderator:
VOLS!!! :excited: That win punched their ticket, yeah? They are well-rounded and hot!!!

Didn't bet it, but Georgia gave yeoman's effort at 'bama today. WOW, Releford at the buzzer!!!

Louisville is unreal good. Wow, just wow.

Anyone have any idea why #2 Rider is a +2 dog to #7 Fairfield in the MAAC Tourney at 7:30? Rider is in the conversation to challenge for the League title, with excellent perimeter defense, and is hot, having gone 7-1 over it's last 8 since losing to Fairfield on Feb 1st. Fairfield did win both regular-season games vs Rider, but isn't playing great basketball going into the tourney, and had to play hard just to beat St. Peter's last night...thoughts?

drilled the San Felipe (sorry no picks again Rud)

had a win, exacta, tri and $0.30 Super good for +$260...unfortunately talked myself into going less on the Super...oh well

too bad Flashback was able to hang on for 2nd or the totes really would have lit up

Anyone ever try the Jack Daniels marinade in a bag? I bought the honey teriyaki. Smells awesome. Threw a crapload of boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins in there and shook it up good. Gonna grill it in a couple of hours.

Anyone ever try the Jack Daniels marinade in a bag? I bought the honey teriyaki. Smells awesome. Threw a crapload of boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins in there and shook it up good. Gonna grill it in a couple of hours.
I have. Pretty good stuff. This is the stuff I told you about a few years back. Best teriyaki marinade I've found.

Mannnnn, something is terribly wrong here.

I have the NBA package, love the Association. I have wagers placed for the 7pm Brooklyn game.

Yet I am watching hockey

Better find a doctor.

Marshall +5 (-115)

TCU +11 1/2
Why would Marshall foul when they are down by 5 with 1 second left :no: and i never really tried tailing Stuckey, but tried today. 0-4 in the NHL, and not sure about CBB
Haha, did they really? Were they down 4 before the foul? Wondered why I lost that one.
they were down by 5. it was just nonsense. and i loaded up on Kansas in this game so i'm sure my CBB gambing season is about done

The Penguins offense(?) is so fluid, looks like they are dancing. Are they the best in the NHL in offense or am I over-reacting to my virgin ice and my over bet?

Couple of hockey plays tomorrow already in:

Flyers +155

Leafs +120

Great value on both those plays.
Stuckey also on the Flyers FWIW (posted after me :P ).One more, Islanders/Caps U 5.5 -110
Need some logic here... First time starter in net for Wash. Isles good at giving up goals, Caps good at scoring them. I'm all over the over here.
Because I played it last night before the Caps switched goalies??? That is the hazard of playing overnights. Add Stars +115 on Swede tail

CBB plays:

Anteaters +1

San Diego +14.5

Anyone else like Duke +2.5???

I never have tailed Stuckey in hockey but I won't fade him either. Apparently he got a lot of hate mail today, stupid.

Gussy give me some CBB plays.

8:30 PM Colonial AA: #6 William & Mary vs #3 James Madison -3 - Madison is in the hunt, W&M is not. Madison's D is about the only thing that's going to give Delaware a challenge for the Title. For it to do so, the Dukes have to win today. -3 isn't asking much.

CBB plays:

Anteaters +1

San Diego +14.5

Anyone else like Duke +2.5???

I never have tailed Stuckey in hockey but I won't fade him either. Apparently he got a lot of hate mail today, stupid.

Gussy give me some CBB plays.
Duke is terrible on the road...I am playing the Over 152
Sold!
Two styles that facilitate overs...The only guy that will threaten this over is that PG for Duke who sometimes gets the ball and just stands there while the shot clock gets worn down. The other guys are just chucking and ducking

I expect lots of 3 pointers and lots of free throws if it gets chippy. Both teams shoot it well.

8:30 PM Colonial AA: #6 William & Mary vs #3 James Madison -3 - Madison is in the hunt, W&M is not. Madison's D is about the only thing that's going to give Delaware a challenge for the Title. For it to do so, the Dukes have to win today. -3 isn't asking much.
Not sold!

Not sold!
Try this on for size: #4 Wisconsin-Green Bay Phoenix +9 @ #1 Valparaiso7'1" Alec Brown neutralizes Ryan Broekhoff!

The over in Pens games has to be an auto bet at his point, even at 6. That's five games in a row I think with at least 8 goals. The offense is sick and the defense and goaltending is soft to be polite.

I didn't pull the trigger. Saw that the Pens are first in scoring, Leafs are sixth so figured we were due for a 2-1 game. They covered the 6 with 25 minutes left to play. D'oh!

Users who are viewing this thread