What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (7 Viewers)

Just checked my mail. My AARP card was in there. I'm finished. :bag:

I'm going to sit here and re-create a drinking contest between Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole.

Apparently some elderly woman has been giving out my email address for all sorts of things for the last year or so. From what I understand, her husband has the same name as me (not THAT common, but there are others out there) and they live in Naperville, IL. I am currently receiving emails from AARP, a couple of clothing stores, car dealerships, etc.

Is there any good shtick potential here, or do I just keep unsubscribing from listserv's...because it's getting pretty ####### annoying. For every one I unsubscribe, this woman signs me up for 2 more. This is main email account, too...not some spam account.

I am so going to nicaraguahole! Do you have kids krista? My notebook blows.
:no: No kids. You are most welcome any time. We are going down there July 3-5 to get the house finished, and then people will be welcome to stay there. As I posted on FB a few minutes ago, our shopping trips are getting interesting as we're picking up the previously-forgotten items to take there: in this instance, three alarm clocks, 12 knives, a cocktail shaker, and a first-aid kit. Target will never see another combo quite like that.I'll post pics after we've finished everything up in a week or so. After that, y'all are welcome any time, though high (i.e. non-rainy) season begins again in November.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently some elderly woman has been giving out my email address for all sorts of things for the last year or so. From what I understand, her husband has the same name as me (not THAT common, but there are others out there) and they live in Naperville, IL. I am currently receiving emails from AARP, a couple of clothing stores, car dealerships, etc.Is there any good shtick potential here, or do I just keep unsubscribing from listserv's...because it's getting pretty ####### annoying. For every one I unsubscribe, this woman signs me up for 2 more. This is main email account, too...not some spam account.
When I moved to FL I apparently inherited someone's cell phone number that had credit problems. Anything from crystal polishing :confused: to collection agencies. They would say things like "are you sure she's not there?". Yeah...unless it's an undiagnosed multiple personality, I am sure she's not here. Been on the no-call list for years and the calls have ended. Good times.

Last edited by a moderator:
what's the point of sunglasses again?
indoors or out?
let's go out for now and we'll talk in later
To see to drive? To stare at hotties at the pool without being too obvious?After sitting in a room with no windows for 10 hours, staring at a computer screen, I don't think I could drive home without them.
Yeah, the sun is really bright and stuff furley. That's like asking what's the point of shoes.
Yeah, if shoes were called footcovers

indoors or out?
To see to drive? To stare at hotties at the pool without being too obvious?After sitting in a room with no windows for 10 hours, staring at a computer screen, I don't think I could drive home without them.
Yeah, the sun is really bright and stuff furley. That's like asking what's the point of shoes.
:lmao:

If there is a better live act out there than My Morning Jacket, I'd like to know who they are and when they are coming to Portland. My god, they were awesome.

And yes, I've seen Phish live. And the Rolling Stones. And U2 back in 1987. But this show was pretty incredible. :thumbup:

No work today or tomorrow. SUCK IT!

indoors or out?
:lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Heading to Los Angeles for a long Independence Day weekend. Staying with the lady's cousin 2 nights in west hollywood and then 3 nights at the Shade Hotel in Manhattan Beach. Any restaurant recommendations at the beach? Good Mexican?
Found this. Sheesh, I knew someone asked but couldn't remember where. Ya know that's a reeeeellly bizzy weekend so expect to waaaaiiiit for a seat at a popular restaurant. I call the expensive coastal socal mexican food gentrified and the reasonably priced gringoized. BOTH can be outstanding and some of the best Mex you will ever eat, but if you're seeking what SoCal is really known for, to me it's the awesome hole-in-the-many-many-walls, seriously authentic mex with lengua and cabeza on the menus.

Good beach gringo-ized.

La Playita is possibly the best ocean view joint for casual keeping the price reasonable and atmosphere nice. It's a worthwhile 2 mile walk south on the Strand from your hotel. There's others around King Harbor in Redondo, but as I recall, the price goes way way up or the quality goes down a little or both. I'm no authority though.

More authentic.

Even better eats, but not quite as cool a walk and location is El Tarasco on Rosecrans is closer to the authentic hole in the wall grub, super good slow cooked chunked beef burritos. I usually do carnitas or carne asada, but not here. It's about a mile north of your hotel.

Gentrified SoCal foofoo.

There's aLa Sirena in El Segundo about three miles away. I haven't eaten there but it looks like the same ownership as Laguna Beach. Pretty friggin' awesome organic fancy Mexican food.
Thanks man!
Oh man, Leeroy, you're at Shade? Well done, you are going to love it down there. I actually went Saturday and it was packed with women, which is standard. 4th of July weekend is bonkers in the beach cities, I don't know where to start. P-mail me and I will give you a rundown when I have more time. But first, a little more on the Mex (good info from Chaos, btw, like always)...Pancho's: In El Porto, right by El Tarasco (above), this is pricey but a favorite and fixture of MB. Take the wife to this one, the decor is very nice and she will love the vibe there, classy joint. Go to El Tarasco after you're done drinking or whatever, late night style. It is more than a 1/2 mile, btw, cab it unless it's some lunch excursion. And if so, take the strand/beach route.

My favorite was always LA PENITA, which is just south of you, walking distance, on the boarder of Hermosa / Manhattan. Ha, I just read the Yelp for it, and if the two detractors don't offer glowing endorsements, I don't know who does. HERE. One says she had a "tummy ache later", haha, and then suggests the monster chain, CHIPOTLE, instead, lofl. The other prima donna posted this, which has me cracking up right now:

"Bad Service. Not Customer Service oriented. Food was pretty good but Bad Service won't get us back there-it may for you but I'm over lousy service. There are countless local places we plan to try.

We hadn't tried any "Local" Mexican fare since we moved to the area. Checked this place out on a Sunday night, the place says they are open till 9:30PM. We get there at 8:40PM and planned to just take-out.

The Older Cranky gray haired Mexican man who was vigorously sweeping as we walked in the tiny placed barely winced as we walked to the counter, he actually looked at us like we were annoying him. Great First Impression...That's why we asked - you are open till 9:30PM right? His answer was are you ordering Take-Out? in a barely discernible accent. As if- you cannot sit at these tables because I've already cleaned up for the night and want to leave even though we are still "Open" so take-out is all you are gettin. So we are already getting turned off and we hadn't even tried the food.

So we ordered a Chicken Taco and Asada Taco I asked for "No Onion" please on either of them. I asked again to be reassured he gets it and said so NO ONION on either of them -as I do anywhere since I HATE onions (I know harsh word). Then he proceeds to rapidly say "no, just cheese and lettuce. Anyhow, Cash Only he says and we wait feeling as if we are imposing on him. "

:lmao: :lmao: The above is spot on and half the reason I love the place. That guy is the owner and he is all-time. I have walked in there a thousand times and he has been there 999 of them. And I have never so much as got a smile, it's great! Funny, but I also order my #### without onions. I can never wait to hear him scream "NO ONION" to his son(s) directly behind him, as he scribbles on his pad.

Gotta love it, she admits the food is good, but expects the service of a Ritz Carlton, like they couldn't see where they walked into. Place is cheap too, btw. :thumbup: Oh and her and "hubby" took the food back (go to link to read rest of entertaining review), at closing time no less, lol. I would've paid to see that.

Anyway, we used to compare the guy to the soup nazi, obviously. But this guy's better. He was the Menudo Nazi before there ever was a soup nazi. If you call the place right now, he will answer, yelling, "LA PENITA!!!" :gang1: God I miss that place, now that I think about it. Oh, and his eyes are always bloodshot to hell, which is also great. :wub: I think it's safe to say it's authentic.
Inbox is full.Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing but fun trip.

The lady and I have been dating 2 years as of this 4th of July, so we like to take nice trips around this time.

She's way into organic, fresh food etc. Know of anything like that?

I have no reservations made so I am a little worried.

The Shade looks pretty awesome. I just wanted to be as close to the beach in a nice place as possible.

Thanks again for your help

If there is a better live act out there than My Morning Jacket, I'd like to know who they are and when they are coming to Portland. My god, they were awesome.And yes, I've seen Phish live. And the Rolling Stones. And U2 back in 1987. But this show was pretty incredible. :thumbup: No work today or tomorrow. SUCK IT!
:thumbup:No Dondante, but you got a War Begun!Glad you liked it!

I have raccoon eyes after another weekend of fishing. 3 days in a row and worn out. Went to the beach with the niece and nephews, which was quite a chore, but fun too. 3 days on a boat, out in the sun, and no sunburn. One day at the beach and I look like a big tomato. My belly is fire engine red and pulling the shorts up a bit for some sun on the thighs was also a mistake.

uh oh.....

shuked

@smokingroaches how many of those Cinnabons you think you could throw down in one sitting? #EATOFF

So I got an social media invite from a friend from elementary school and junior high. One of those friends that you are inseparable for three years, then he moves away and you never hear from each other. I have not heard from this guy in 20 years, had not had daily contact for closer to 25 years.

The problem I have is that it wasn't a Facebook request, I would accept that in a heartbeat. Instead it was a LinkedIn request. I keep LinkedIn pretty specific. If I can't speak on you as a worker, I don't make the connection. How do I tell this guy I won't accept his invite, but feel free to hit me up on Facebook/twitter/xhamster?

I gave you an quality link for organic Mexican. La Sirena in El Segundo. She'll love it. There's excellent farmers markets close by every day of the week. I eat at them all the time because I deliver produce to them all the time. I think they're a kick but maybe I'm strange. There's a couple world reknowned on the weekends, Santa Monica and Hollywood, if you're interested. They're not much better than a few others near you. If I was in the South Bay I doubt I would bother, and I'm an organic local fresh food junkie. If you're interested in grabbing some healthy fresh grub for the room or the beach let me know which day you'll be where and I can decipher that schedule for a tourist. I can probably direct you to my very own homegrown heirloom tomatoes which are selling in LA to the tune of a ton a week right now.There is a great (supposedly) all organic grassfed burger joint around there. I haven't been, but I've been meaning to because of the reviews. Need to look it up -- sorry, cannot find it. A bunch in WLA but didn't see the one I've been hearing about. Ugh, my aging brain.

Here's a decent way to beat the madness of crowds (I hate them maybe you don't) for a nice South Bay day with your gal on a holiday weekend. I'm sure Sonny can patch this up. Hit the Torrance or PV (or Santa Monica) farmer's market early in the morning Sat or Sun. Stock up on some healthy picnic grub. There will be artisan cheeses breads and every organic fruit and veggie imaginable. Toss in a good bottle of wine or whatever you might enjoy. Then head for the ocean front edge of the PV peninsula, get past the main housing developments, and hit one of the hiking trails not named Shipwreck. Wayfarer's Chapel (xgf used to attend for the views not the religion) is a beautiful spot and has some trails that lead to amazing views. Portuguese Bend used to lead to a pretty quiet beach for a picnic. Sonny, you know what I'm getting at. Help before I give away your secret break. :lol:

So I got an social media invite from a friend from elementary school and junior high. One of those friends that you are inseparable for three years, then he moves away and you never hear from each other. I have not heard from this guy in 20 years, had not had daily contact for closer to 25 years.The problem I have is that it wasn't a Facebook request, I would accept that in a heartbeat. Instead it was a LinkedIn request. I keep LinkedIn pretty specific. If I can't speak on you as a worker, I don't make the connection. How do I tell this guy I won't accept his invite, but feel free to hit me up on Facebook/twitter/xhamster?
Hmmmmm. You don't have to speak about him as a worker, it's just a network connection. :shrug:I wouldn't endorse his work, but I don't see an issue making the general connection.

I have nothing but loathing for this woman who got her toes sucked on by Quentin Tarantino. See Deadspin for full email/story.
She's brutalI hope she gets foot herpes
I'll choose my words carefully here: If you go back to some dude's house with him from a party, a party where you made out with said dude, and you're not willing to have sex...it's poor form.And while Mr. Tarantino is no prize (and I agree with her on Kill Bill), she's no treat either.

So I got an social media invite from a friend from elementary school and junior high. One of those friends that you are inseparable for three years, then he moves away and you never hear from each other. I have not heard from this guy in 20 years, had not had daily contact for closer to 25 years.The problem I have is that it wasn't a Facebook request, I would accept that in a heartbeat. Instead it was a LinkedIn request. I keep LinkedIn pretty specific. If I can't speak on you as a worker, I don't make the connection. How do I tell this guy I won't accept his invite, but feel free to hit me up on Facebook/twitter/xhamster?
Amway IMO.

I had a client call the other day upset with his web guy. Client was switching to a new web guy and the old one wouldn't give up passwords and whatnot for client's sites so that they could be moved over. Wrote web guy a nastygram to send passwords and end affiliation by end of day. He does, then the next day I get a linkedin request from him. :confused:

not worth creating a thread over but wanted to post...

Aaron tells OK! how MJ gave him drugs and alcohol when he was just 15.

‘I never talked about it… This is the first time. I do… I miss Michael… I have spent such incredible times with him. I did things with him that nobody else did… But I was also troubled about what he did to me,’ Aaron says.

When asked whether Michael gave him alcohol, Aaron tells Daphne, ‘Yes, he gave me wine. I mean, I could have refused, but I was 15.’ As for drugs? ‘He gave me cocaine. I felt weird about that and other stuffWe spoke afterwards, hours and hours, on the phone. I admired Michael, but his behaviour bothered me a lot. Then my mother called the police…
the part that cracks me up for some reason is "then my mother called the police."wine? okay.

cocaine? okay.

going over my minutes? i'm calling the cops on that pervert!

I gave you an quality link for organic Mexican. La Sirena in El Segundo. She'll love it. There's excellent farmers markets close by every day of the week. I eat at them all the time because I deliver produce to them all the time. I think they're a kick but maybe I'm strange. There's a couple world reknowned on the weekends, Santa Monica and Hollywood, if you're interested. They're not much better than a few others near you. If I was in the South Bay I doubt I would bother, and I'm an organic local fresh food junkie. If you're interested in grabbing some healthy fresh grub for the room or the beach let me know which day you'll be where and I can decipher that schedule for a tourist. I can probably direct you to my very own homegrown heirloom tomatoes which are selling in LA to the tune of a ton a week right now.There is a great (supposedly) all organic grassfed burger joint around there. I haven't been, but I've been meaning to because of the reviews. Need to look it up -- sorry, cannot find it. A bunch in WLA but didn't see the one I've been hearing about. Ugh, my aging brain.

Here's a decent way to beat the madness of crowds (I hate them maybe you don't) for a nice South Bay day with your gal on a holiday weekend. I'm sure Sonny can patch this up. Hit the Torrance or PV (or Santa Monica) farmer's market early in the morning Sat or Sun. Stock up on some healthy picnic grub. There will be artisan cheeses breads and every organic fruit and veggie imaginable. Toss in a good bottle of wine or whatever you might enjoy. Then head for the ocean front edge of the PV peninsula, get past the main housing developments, and hit one of the hiking trails not named Shipwreck. Wayfarer's Chapel (xgf used to attend for the views not the religion) is a beautiful spot and has some trails that lead to amazing views. Portuguese Bend used to lead to a pretty quiet beach for a picnic. Sonny, you know what I'm getting at. Help before I give away your secret break. :lol:
Many thanks! I went back through and found your original post, but didn't have time to reply. I told her I found an organic Mexican joint a short cab ride away and she's pretty excited. Her cousin lives in west Hollywood and we are staying with him a few mitts and I have a couple friends in hermosa, so I think our schedule is going to be pretty packed!

'Leeroy Jenkins said:
'Chaos Commish said:
'Leeroy Jenkins said:

Here's a decent way to beat the madness of crowds (I hate them maybe you don't) for a nice South Bay day with your gal on a holiday weekend. I'm sure Sonny can patch this up. Hit the Torrance or PV (or Santa Monica) farmer's market early in the morning Sat or Sun. Stock up on some healthy picnic grub. There will be artisan cheeses breads and every organic fruit and veggie imaginable. Toss in a good bottle of wine or whatever you might enjoy. Then head for the ocean front edge of the PV peninsula, get past the main housing developments, and hit one of the hiking trails not named Shipwreck. Wayfarer's Chapel (xgf used to attend for the views not the religion) is a beautiful spot and has some trails that lead to amazing views. Portuguese Bend used to lead to a pretty quiet beach for a picnic.
Many thanks! I went back through and found your original post, but didn't have time to reply. I told her I found an organic Mexican joint a short cab ride away and she's pretty excited. Her cousin lives in west Hollywood and we are staying with him a few mitts and I have a couple friends in hermosa, so I think our schedule is going to be pretty packed!
I'm back. Good stuff from CC again. He is thinking you should go up to Bluff Cove in PV for a spell and I agree. Great place to take your chick for a cool hikes and/or a picnic. Great tidepooling too. You won't believe you're in LA. There are lots of other spots besides Bluff Cove but that's where I'd go. The shipwreck he's talking about is The Dominator. HIKE to the Dominator. Or I should say what's left of it. There is also an old Lighthouse. Point Vicente Lighthouse. It's close by and you can go climb up inside to the top. Terranea is a new resort nearby where you can sit out above the cliff and watch the sunset, and sometimes whales and dolphins. If you look closely at that pic you'll notice the Lighthouse on the next bluff (above left)...so it's all right there, convenient. Might be a nice way to finish off your little journey. There's also a cool little 9 hole course there if any of you are into that. I'll send you my number and go over more stuff if you want, it'll be easier. Didn't know you had friends in Hermosa...you'll be set with all that stuff in the beach cities, they'll know everything.

Sonny, you know what I'm getting at. Help before I give away your secret break. :lol:
:jawdrop: :no:

Anybody know anything about Poughkeepsie? My brother and I are taking my dad on a baseball trip in September and we're staying in Poughkeepsie one night as a half way point between Cooperstown and New York. So, what do we do there?

Users who are viewing this thread