What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (3 Viewers)

We were golfing last Friday morning and there was a 5-some in front of us, one of them being a young girl and obviously the daughter of one of the other guys. One of my GB's asks "hey, did you see that chick?" My cousin replies "yeah, she's a little girl." To which my GB retorts, "little girl? She looks like she's 15!"

:lmao: :lmao: :no:

We were golfing last Friday morning and there was a 5-some in front of us, one of them being a young girl and obviously the daughter of one of the other guys. One of my GB's asks "hey, did you see that chick?" My cousin replies "yeah, she's a little girl." To which my GB retorts, "little girl? She looks like she's 15!" :lmao: :lmao: :no:
What did Homer shoot?

We were golfing last Friday morning and there was a 5-some in front of us, one of them being a young girl and obviously the daughter of one of the other guys. One of my GB's asks "hey, did you see that chick?" My cousin replies "yeah, she's a little girl." To which my GB retorts, "little girl? She looks like she's 15!"

:no: :shrug: :no:
What did Homer shoot?
You know

that was the first thing I thought of.

I'm posting from the urgent care clinic, because my wife (who is 8.75 months pregnant and currently a raving lunatic, if I haven't already mentioned that) sliced her finger open on a broken piece of glass.

It happened towards the end of a nice dinner when our 2.5 year old daughter decided she wanted to be a ghost. So she grabbed the table cloth and pulled it over her head, spilling everything on that end of table including a newly full glass of water.

No big deal, except the wife recently purchased an antique, wooden table that just so happened not to be varnished or sealed or whatever it is that means the wood won't die upon contact from water. Also, despite talking about getting a water proof tablecloth for the past month, that never actually occurred. As such, the crazy lady currently inhabiting my wife's body decides this is the worst thing that could ever happen and completely loses it.

Also, I should mention she has all kinds of crafty stuff all over a corner of the table, crafty stuff that I would later find out entailed at least one piece of highly breakable, and razor sharp, glass.

So she's running around grabbing everything she can get her hands on, screaming "The table! The table!" Like she is Tori Spelling in a lifetime movie and the table is her child, and I am yelling at her to calm down, and all this yelling causes our daughter Abby to freak out as well. So I stop participating in Operation Salvage to calm Abby down, which, like MOP and pacifism, only enrages the wife further, and she starts actively yelling at me to help with the table and slamming things around. Naturally one of the things she is slamming is the aforementioned piece of glass, which shatters and then stabs her in her in the right ring finger and slicing it down to a "clearly going to need stitches" level.

So we all pile in my wifes car to seek medical attention, her sobbing in pain, Abby sobbing in terror, and what do I see but the "fill tank soon light, because my wife didn't bother to fill the tank after it came on earlier today.

Nonetheless we made it, and wife is getting attended to while I sit in the waiting room with a 2 year old who didn't get a full dinner, only took a half hour nap today (usual = 1.5 to 2 hours), and has already passed her bed time.

She is currently switching off between throwing the Field & Stream and Fit Pregnancy magazines around, yelling at the fish in the aquarium, and climbing on the tables and chairs.

I could really use a beer.

We were golfing last Friday morning and there was a 5-some in front of us, one of them being a young girl and obviously the daughter of one of the other guys. One of my GB's asks "hey, did you see that chick?" My cousin replies "yeah, she's a little girl." To which my GB retorts, "little girl? She looks like she's 15!" :unsure: :moneybag: :lmao:
What did Homer shoot?
I think we all know what Homer shot. Let's not say it out loud.

I'm posting from the urgent care clinic, because my wife (who is 8.75 months pregnant and currently a raving lunatic, if I haven't already mentioned that) sliced her finger open on a broken piece of glass.

It happened towards the end of a nice dinner when our 2.5 year old daughter decided she wanted to be a ghost. So she grabbed the table cloth and pulled it over her head, spilling everything on that end of table including a newly full glass of water.

No big deal, except the wife recently purchased an antique, wooden table that just so happened not to be varnished or sealed or whatever it is that means the wood won't die upon contact from water. Also, despite talking about getting a water proof tablecloth for the past month, that never actually occurred. As such, the crazy lady currently inhabiting my wife's body decides this is the worst thing that could ever happen and completely loses it.

Also, I should mention she has all kinds of crafty stuff all over a corner of the table, crafty stuff that I would later find out entailed at least one piece of highly breakable, and razor sharp, glass.

So she's running around grabbing everything she can get her hands on, screaming "The table! The table!" Like she is Tori Spelling in a lifetime movie and the table is her child, and I am yelling at her to calm down, and all this yelling causes our daughter Abby to freak out as well. So I stop participating in Operation Salvage to calm Abby down, which, like MOP and pacifism, only enrages the wife further, and she starts actively yelling at me to help with the table and slamming things around. Naturally one of the things she is slamming is the aforementioned piece of glass, which shatters and then stabs her in her in the right ring finger and slicing it down to a "clearly going to need stitches" level.

So we all pile in my wifes car to seek medical attention, her sobbing in pain, Abby sobbing in terror, and what do I see but the "fill tank soon light, because my wife didn't bother to fill the tank after it came on earlier today.

Nonetheless we made it, and wife is getting attended to while I sit in the waiting room with a 2 year old who didn't get a full dinner, only took a half hour nap today (usual = 1.5 to 2 hours), and has already passed her bed time.

She is currently switching off between throwing the Field & Stream and Fit Pregnancy magazines around, yelling at the fish in the aquarium, and climbing on the tables and chairs.

I could really use a beer.
Fishy Fishy, WAKE UP!!!!

about to do a FBG Survivor league draft, mexican smoothie in hand.

I have the first pick, is Jamal Lewis a reach?

I'm posting from the urgent care clinic, because my wife (who is 8.75 months pregnant and currently a raving lunatic, if I haven't already mentioned that) sliced her finger open on a broken piece of glass. It happened towards the end of a nice dinner when our 2.5 year old daughter decided she wanted to be a ghost. So she grabbed the table cloth and pulled it over her head, spilling everything on that end of table including a newly full glass of water.No big deal, except the wife recently purchased an antique, wooden table that just so happened not to be varnished or sealed or whatever it is that means the wood won't die upon contact from water. Also, despite talking about getting a water proof tablecloth for the past month, that never actually occurred. As such, the crazy lady currently inhabiting my wife's body decides this is the worst thing that could ever happen and completely loses it.Also, I should mention she has all kinds of crafty stuff all over a corner of the table, crafty stuff that I would later find out entailed at least one piece of highly breakable, and razor sharp, glass.So she's running around grabbing everything she can get her hands on, screaming "The table! The table!" Like she is Tori Spelling in a lifetime movie and the table is her child, and I am yelling at her to calm down, and all this yelling causes our daughter Abby to freak out as well. So I stop participating in Operation Salvage to calm Abby down, which, like MOP and pacifism, only enrages the wife further, and she starts actively yelling at me to help with the table and slamming things around. Naturally one of the things she is slamming is the aforementioned piece of glass, which shatters and then stabs her in her in the right ring finger and slicing it down to a "clearly going to need stitches" level.So we all pile in my wifes car to seek medical attention, her sobbing in pain, Abby sobbing in terror, and what do I see but the "fill tank soon light, because my wife didn't bother to fill the tank after it came on earlier today.Nonetheless we made it, and wife is getting attended to while I sit in the waiting room with a 2 year old who didn't get a full dinner, only took a half hour nap today (usual = 1.5 to 2 hours), and has already passed her bed time.She is currently switching off between throwing the Field & Stream and Fit Pregnancy magazines around, yelling at the fish in the aquarium, and climbing on the tables and chairs.I could really use a beer.
:thumbup:GLGB

Gonna be a new pearl jam/saints/lsu fan(s) in around 9 months :thumbup:
Awesome news. I remember a while back you mentioned the effort. Always wanted to ask, but figured it wasn't something I needed to bring up.
Thanks GB. No prob....been talking about it in the "trouble getting pregnant" thread and in chat....wasn't really keeping it a secret
Congrats, TF. We tried IVF a couple of times before we adopted our boys. Didn't work out for us but I know how much it can suck at times. Glad you had success with it. :ptts:

I know Abby is hungry so I had to make a trip to the vending machine. I narrowed it down to Wheat Thins and Fruit Snacks as the only thing anywhere near healthy. I went with the Wheat Thins so as to avoid any sugar intake.

We are now over an hour past bedtime and her shoes are off and she is now pacing back and forth between two chairs while eating her crackers, saying "Boo!" To the chairs each time she approaches them.

Gonna be a new pearl jam/saints/lsu fan(s) in around 9 months :thumbup:
Awesome news. I remember a while back you mentioned the effort. Always wanted to ask, but figured it wasn't something I needed to bring up.
Thanks GB. No prob....been talking about it in the "trouble getting pregnant" thread and in chat....wasn't really keeping it a secret
Congrats, TF. We tried IVF a couple of times before we adopted our boys. Didn't work out for us but I know how much it can suck at times. Glad you had success with it. :thumbup:
Appreciate it :thumbup:

I'm posting from the urgent care clinic, because my wife (who is 8.75 months pregnant and currently a raving lunatic, if I haven't already mentioned that) sliced her finger open on a broken piece of glass. It happened towards the end of a nice dinner when our 2.5 year old daughter decided she wanted to be a ghost. So she grabbed the table cloth and pulled it over her head, spilling everything on that end of table including a newly full glass of water.No big deal, except the wife recently purchased an antique, wooden table that just so happened not to be varnished or sealed or whatever it is that means the wood won't die upon contact from water. Also, despite talking about getting a water proof tablecloth for the past month, that never actually occurred. As such, the crazy lady currently inhabiting my wife's body decides this is the worst thing that could ever happen and completely loses it.Also, I should mention she has all kinds of crafty stuff all over a corner of the table, crafty stuff that I would later find out entailed at least one piece of highly breakable, and razor sharp, glass.So she's running around grabbing everything she can get her hands on, screaming "The table! The table!" Like she is Tori Spelling in a lifetime movie and the table is her child, and I am yelling at her to calm down, and all this yelling causes our daughter Abby to freak out as well. So I stop participating in Operation Salvage to calm Abby down, which, like MOP and pacifism, only enrages the wife further, and she starts actively yelling at me to help with the table and slamming things around. Naturally one of the things she is slamming is the aforementioned piece of glass, which shatters and then stabs her in her in the right ring finger and slicing it down to a "clearly going to need stitches" level.So we all pile in my wifes car to seek medical attention, her sobbing in pain, Abby sobbing in terror, and what do I see but the "fill tank soon light, because my wife didn't bother to fill the tank after it came on earlier today.Nonetheless we made it, and wife is getting attended to while I sit in the waiting room with a 2 year old who didn't get a full dinner, only took a half hour nap today (usual = 1.5 to 2 hours), and has already passed her bed time.She is currently switching off between throwing the Field & Stream and Fit Pregnancy magazines around, yelling at the fish in the aquarium, and climbing on the tables and chairs.I could really use a beer.
Your wife sounds like a very nice person.1st time I have ever clicked in here, is it worth going back and reading 110 pages?

Your wife sounds like a very nice person.1st time I have ever clicked in here, is it worth going back and reading 110 pages?
how else are you gonna catch up?

So my 8 year old has always been a bit of a mommas boy but has shown flashes of toughness in lacrosse. This year he told us he wanted to play football, the wife and I cringed but would never deny him. My 13 year old is basically one of the best players in the program and has been for a few years, so my youngest was feeling like he had to fill those shoes. Well after a week of conditioning and a week of hitting, my 8 year old has been named the teams starting middle linebacker :proud: He is way better than his brother was at the same age :)

Users who are viewing this thread