What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (7 Viewers)

General Malaise said:
jplvr said:
Is Forrest ever going to cover this?

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/0...low_of_new.html

They HAVE to be related, right? I'm not saying long lost twin or even a brother, but he's a cousin for sure.
Ooooof. You know, when I look in the mirror, I say to myself "No bad, Forrest" and shoot myself a thumbs-up before walking out with the cool confidence of Disco Stu dressed up as Superman dressed up as Chuck Norris. And yet every picture I see of myself or every link to a person somebody thinks looks like me, appalls, shocks and disgusts me. How is that every single mirror on the planet can lie to me like this? And how am I not still a virgin?
Just about every picture I see of myself, I think, "Who the hell is that guy? He's never in my mirror."I don't know. Like I said, I had been seeing that guy's picture since the story broke and kept having to do a double take. You two don't look exactly alike, but I think I'm about to nail it here: you are the only person I know who looks remotely similar to him.

General Malaise said:
jplvr said:
Is Forrest ever going to cover this?

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/0...low_of_new.html

They HAVE to be related, right? I'm not saying long lost twin or even a brother, but he's a cousin for sure.
Ooooof. You know, when I look in the mirror, I say to myself "No bad, Forrest" and shoot myself a thumbs-up before walking out with the cool confidence of Disco Stu dressed up as Superman dressed up as Chuck Norris. And yet every picture I see of myself or every link to a person somebody thinks looks like me, appalls, shocks and disgusts me. How is that every single mirror on the planet can lie to me like this? And how am I not still a virgin?
Just about every picture I see of myself, I think, "Who the hell is that guy? He's never in my mirror."I don't know. Like I said, I had been seeing that guy's picture since the story broke and kept having to do a double take. You two don't look exactly alike, but I think I'm about to nail it here: you are the only person I know who looks remotely similar to him.
No, that's what i'd look like with 15 more pounds and an affinity for male genetalias.

I turned the sprinkler in the back yard on this morning which the puppy was laying right next to chewing on one of his bones. I giggled and went inside to make breakfast for boys. About ten minutes later the dog is at the back door soaking wet. Dumb ###. As I approached the door I see the hind legs of a rabbit at his feet. :banned: His first kill as far as I know. I let him in and dry him off but he wants to finish off his breakfast and is looking at me like I'm a moron for not letting him back out. That's when the 3yo tackled the dog and brought him down. Apparently eating this rabbit hasn't changed him. Yet....
Sounds like a Lab. If I come home and it's raining, he's sitting outside at the top of the stairs to the hot tub porch (uncovered). I counted 10 covered areas he could chose for rest in the rain, but he choses there.He doesn't chase animals though. I'm fairly certain a squirrel could bite him on the tail and he'd just sit there. My Rotty on the other hand? She was 11 years old and had only 2 good legs, but could still catch rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, dig up moles, and could even snatch birds out of the air. Naturally she'd bring them to me as a prize. One afternoon back in college when she was around 2 y/o, we were sitting on the couch watching a movie, probably stoned. Nala is laying outside by the sliding glass door and I see her perk up out of the corner of my eye and then take off running into the backyard. I think nothing of it at the time, but a little later, I hear something like a metronome and once it went for a good 60 seconds or more, I realized the noise was caused by something hitting the house. I slowly opened the door and went to investigate. After turning the corner, I realized she was holding a squirrel firmly by the tail, it's head bouncing off side of the house in surprisingly good rhythm as she shook her head from side to side.

Celph Titled said:
I'm really excited that Smoo's back. Just giddy.
And you are...? Somebody whose primary alias got banned, I assume.
Look at my sig. It's easier to solve than the DaVinci Code. I don't think I've ever had what could be considered a "primary" alias.No :banned: here, btw. I'm really happy that you're back posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
MisfitBlondes said:
Out this afternoon and pulling up to a red light with a Driver's Ed. car in the left hand lane. The windows were down and I look at the Driver's Ed. car and I see the instructor. It's a Chinese woman who makes eye contact with me and she smiles...then says, "Ironic, isn't it?"I lost it laughing and MsB heard it and she couldn't control herself. :lmao:
I can't believe they let women teach driving.

MisfitBlondes said:
Out this afternoon and pulling up to a red light with a Driver's Ed. car in the left hand lane. The windows were down and I look at the Driver's Ed. car and I see the instructor. It's a Chinese woman who makes eye contact with me and she smiles...then says, "Ironic, isn't it?"I lost it laughing and MsB heard it and she couldn't control herself. :lmao:
I can't believe they let women teach driving.
:lmao:

Samuel L Bronkowitz said:
Does anyone have any landscaping experience? We're ripping up a section our yard on Saturday to put a bit of a swale in to get the water to run away from the house. Not sure how much wash stone I'm going to need. How do I calculate that?
YSR?
I was really hoping you could help me :fishing:Check my math please1 cubic yard = 27 cubic feet right?We want to do about 30 feet, 6 inches deep by 2 feet wide. I should be good with a yard, plus a little extra, yes? Or am I way over/under thinking this?Oh and I took our 6 month old beagle-mix to a friends house not too long ago, and she found a bunch of baby bunnies. She thought she was so cool bringing them up to us while we were grilling. Killed them all. Then she puked all over his house while we were playing poker.

Just wanted to update my dad's condition. He's home from the hospital. He had a brain bleed which could recur because of a condition he apparently has. They will evaluate in about a month to see if surgery is indicated. Right now it's just too hard to see because of the blood. But once that dissipates they'll have a better idea of what's going on in there.

He didn't suffer from any paralysis, loss of strength, and balance. So that's really good news. He did, however, lose a lot of his ability to communicate, as he can't remember most words. He'll begin speech therapy, and he should start regaining much of that ability.

Thanks for all of you who expressed your concern and for all your prayers. It was heartwarming for me to know that you care. :fishing:

Just wanted to update my dad's condition. He's home from the hospital. He had a brain bleed which could recur because of a condition he apparently has. They will evaluate in about a month to see if surgery is indicated. Right now it's just too hard to see because of the blood. But once that dissipates they'll have a better idea of what's going on in there.He didn't suffer from any paralysis, loss of strength, and balance. So that's really good news. He did, however, lose a lot of his ability to communicate, as he can't remember most words. He'll begin speech therapy, and he should start regaining much of that ability. Thanks for all of you who expressed your concern and for all your prayers. It was heartwarming for me to know that you care. :lmao:
Thanks for the update, Rosey. Glad to hear that there are a lot of positives in this situation, and it sounds like everything else is potentially fixable.We'll all keep the T&P going, I'm sure. :fishing:

Just wanted to update my dad's condition. He's home from the hospital. He had a brain bleed which could recur because of a condition he apparently has. They will evaluate in about a month to see if surgery is indicated. Right now it's just too hard to see because of the blood. But once that dissipates they'll have a better idea of what's going on in there.He didn't suffer from any paralysis, loss of strength, and balance. So that's really good news. He did, however, lose a lot of his ability to communicate, as he can't remember most words. He'll begin speech therapy, and he should start regaining much of that ability. Thanks for all of you who expressed your concern and for all your prayers. It was heartwarming for me to know that you care. :wub:
:cry:Good to hear on the physical noteStay stong

Does anyone have any landscaping experience? We're ripping up a section our yard on Saturday to put a bit of a swale in to get the water to run away from the house. Not sure how much wash stone I'm going to need. How do I calculate that?
YSR?
:wub:
I was really hoping you could help me :cry:Check my math please1 cubic yard = 27 cubic feet right?We want to do about 30 feet, 6 inches deep by 2 feet wide. I should be good with a yard, plus a little extra, yes? Or am I way over/under thinking this?Oh and I took our 6 month old beagle-mix to a friends house not too long ago, and she found a bunch of baby bunnies. She thought she was so cool bringing them up to us while we were grilling. Killed them all. Then she puked all over his house while we were playing poker.
Still :confused: on this. I either posted about landscaping when drunk and have no recall, or SLB now knows my last name and thinks I'm Mexican. Either way, I would be one of the last 5 people on Earth who would be able to help with this. Sorry, GB.

C> sorry to hear that. I had a friend go through something similar recently and can partially relate. The good news - he is getting better and better every day, so keep the faith up. The brain has a huge capacity to 'relearn', or find new paths to connect neurons. Stay positive, he will respond to your energy...

Please help settle a debate I'm having:

Dean and Annie have sex on her birthday in the movie "Overboard".

Acceptable or morally reprehensible on Dean's part?

Keep in mind that this is before she knows her true identity. She has presumably fallen in love with him, but the entire relationship is based on a lie, to which Dean is the major party.

Does anyone have any landscaping experience?

We're ripping up a section our yard on Saturday to put a bit of a swale in to get the water to run away from the house. Not sure how much wash stone I'm going to need. How do I calculate that?
YSR?
I was really hoping you could help me :popcorn: Check my math please

1 cubic yard = 27 cubic feet right?

We want to do about 30 feet, 6 inches deep by 2 feet wide. I should be good with a yard, plus a little extra, yes? Or am I way over/under thinking this?

Oh and I took our 6 month old beagle-mix to a friends house not too long ago, and she found a bunch of baby bunnies. She thought she was so cool bringing them up to us while we were grilling. Killed them all. Then she puked all over his house while we were playing poker.
Still :confused: on this. I either posted about landscaping when drunk and have no recall, or SLB now knows my last name and thinks I'm Mexican. Either way, I would be one of the last 5 people on Earth who would be able to help with this. Sorry, GB.

Does anyone have any landscaping experience?

We're ripping up a section our yard on Saturday to put a bit of a swale in to get the water to run away from the house. Not sure how much wash stone I'm going to need. How do I calculate that?
YSR?
I was really hoping you could help me :popcorn: Check my math please

1 cubic yard = 27 cubic feet right?

We want to do about 30 feet, 6 inches deep by 2 feet wide. I should be good with a yard, plus a little extra, yes? Or am I way over/under thinking this?

Oh and I took our 6 month old beagle-mix to a friends house not too long ago, and she found a bunch of baby bunnies. She thought she was so cool bringing them up to us while we were grilling. Killed them all. Then she puked all over his house while we were playing poker.
:lmao: Awesome.Maybe you could tell him what the Latin name of the plants he's going to put in mean?

Keep in mind that this is before she knows her true identity. She has presumably fallen in love with him, but the entire relationship is based on a lie, to which Dean is the major party.
I defer to cracked.com for this:It's not often that you can get away with making a breezy comedy about a hillbilly kidnapping and enslaving an heiress while portraying the hillbilly as the protagonist, but that's exactly what happened here. Sure, it's played off as being all in good fun to teach Goldie a valuable lesson about respecting all people and yadda yadda yadda, but still. Kidnapping.

You could sort of call it brainwashing, too. And, in a way, when she finally warms up to him and they knock boots, you could kind of call that rape. After all, you could make a solid argument that the decision was less free will and more Stockholm Syndrome.

YSR?
:sarcasm:
I was really hoping you could help me :thumbup:Check my math please1 cubic yard = 27 cubic feet right?We want to do about 30 feet, 6 inches deep by 2 feet wide. I should be good with a yard, plus a little extra, yes? Or am I way over/under thinking this?Oh and I took our 6 month old beagle-mix to a friends house not too long ago, and she found a bunch of baby bunnies. She thought she was so cool bringing them up to us while we were grilling. Killed them all. Then she puked all over his house while we were playing poker.
Yes, and yes, a cubic yard + change. I always like to get a little extra. HTH.

I defer to cracked.com for this:It's not often that you can get away with making a breezy comedy about a hillbilly kidnapping and enslaving an heiress while portraying the hillbilly as the protagonist, but that's exactly what happened here. Sure, it's played off as being all in good fun to teach Goldie a valuable lesson about respecting all people and yadda yadda yadda, but still. Kidnapping.

You could sort of call it brainwashing, too. And, in a way, when she finally warms up to him and they knock boots, you could kind of call that rape. After all, you could make a solid argument that the decision was less free will and more Stockholm Syndrome.
Well, I didn't want to go there, but that was actually the argument of my friend: that in some ways, it could be considered rape. I was taken a bit aback, but was also 1/2 bottle of wine in and didn't care to think it through. So I thought I'd leave it a collective bunch of monkeys to judge.

Well, I didn't want to go there, but that was actually the argument of my friend: that in some ways, it could be considered rape. I was taken a bit aback, but was also 1/2 bottle of wine in and didn't care to think it through. So I thought I'd leave it a collective bunch of monkeys to judge.
I think I speak for all the collected monkeys when I fling poo at your characterization.

Just wanted to update my dad's condition. He's home from the hospital. He had a brain bleed which could recur because of a condition he apparently has. They will evaluate in about a month to see if surgery is indicated. Right now it's just too hard to see because of the blood. But once that dissipates they'll have a better idea of what's going on in there.He didn't suffer from any paralysis, loss of strength, and balance. So that's really good news. He did, however, lose a lot of his ability to communicate, as he can't remember most words. He'll begin speech therapy, and he should start regaining much of that ability. Thanks for all of you who expressed your concern and for all your prayers. It was heartwarming for me to know that you care. :X
Good to hear DR!

Must...resist....softball...

Just wanted to update my dad's condition. He's home from the hospital. He had a brain bleed which could recur because of a condition he apparently has. They will evaluate in about a month to see if surgery is indicated. Right now it's just too hard to see because of the blood. But once that dissipates they'll have a better idea of what's going on in there.He didn't suffer from any paralysis, loss of strength, and balance. So that's really good news. He did, however, lose a lot of his ability to communicate, as he can't remember most words. He'll begin speech therapy, and he should start regaining much of that ability. Thanks for all of you who expressed your concern and for all your prayers. It was heartwarming for me to know that you care. :jawdrop:
Glad to hear Rosey. Spend lots of time with him. You'll be happy you did.

Please help settle a debate I'm having:Dean and Annie have sex on her birthday in the movie "Overboard". Acceptable or morally reprehensible on Dean's part? Keep in mind that this is before she knows her true identity. She has presumably fallen in love with him, but the entire relationship is based on a lie, to which Dean is the major party.
You expect a man to think in regards to sex?

Still :jawdrop: on this. I either posted about landscaping when drunk and have no recall, or SLB now knows my last name and thinks I'm Mexican. Either way, I would be one of the last 5 people on Earth who would be able to help with this. Sorry, GB.
:lmao: Keep it simple...a man is asking a woman about landscaping.

Just wanted to update my dad's condition. He's home from the hospital. He had a brain bleed which could recur because of a condition he apparently has. They will evaluate in about a month to see if surgery is indicated. Right now it's just too hard to see because of the blood. But once that dissipates they'll have a better idea of what's going on in there.He didn't suffer from any paralysis, loss of strength, and balance. So that's really good news. He did, however, lose a lot of his ability to communicate, as he can't remember most words. He'll begin speech therapy, and he should start regaining much of that ability. Thanks for all of you who expressed your concern and for all your prayers. It was heartwarming for me to know that you care. :lmao:
Hang in there DR :jawdrop:

:lmao: Keep it simple...a man is asking a woman about landscaping.
:shrug: in this day and age I would hope women landscape, no need to let the grass grow out of control :X

Please help settle a debate I'm having:Dean and Annie have sex on her birthday in the movie "Overboard". Acceptable or morally reprehensible on Dean's part? Keep in mind that this is before she knows her true identity. She has presumably fallen in love with him, but the entire relationship is based on a lie, to which Dean is the major party.
We had a big meeting for work and as a stupid ice breaker we went around the room and said what our favorite movie is. Keeping in mind we all work with movies in some capacity I was dumbfounded by some of the selections. And yes, one of them was Overboard.

We had a big meeting for work and as a stupid ice breaker we went around the room and said what our favorite movie is. Keeping in mind we all work with movies in some capacity I was dumbfounded by some of the selections. And yes, one of them was Overboard.
Frosty, where do you live? I dated a woman in Chicago whose favorite movie was Overboard. She was well aware of how ridiculous it sounded, but she had some sort of happy childhood memories associated with it or something.

Frosty, where do you live? I dated a woman in Chicago whose favorite movie was Overboard. She was well aware of how ridiculous it sounded, but she had some sort of happy childhood memories associated with it or something.
He comes from the land of kittenball and meat raffles

Considering the question which started this direction, this is fairly creepy.I know I watched Overboard, but I can't remember being creeped out.Best wishes DR.

Overboard capitalized on the "it's OK to kidnap somebody you don't like and treat them badly as long as they learn a valuable lesson at the end" mentality from the Dolly Parton/Lily Tomlin hit, 9 to 5.

For those of you that haven't been following the "gay marriage makes baby jebus cry" thread, 1) I can't blame you but 2) you're missing a level of meltdown that the love child of Beej and MoP would be envious of.

Some highlights:

Melting...

Melting...

My wife reviewed your posts

INES level 6 incident imminent

Pickle's bet

This is the world I live in

I haz research dollarz

Aren't we all a little Pickles?

Capitalism rocks

KA BOOM!!!!

Bonus

Or just read the thing from about page 30 on. As a body of work it's fascinating.

Still bummed over these netspend cards not working for online books.No idea if/how I'm going to load up this year. Wish they would do a pokerstars-sports book transaction, that would be totally sweet. Anyone know if you can transfer funds between accounts on the greek or betjamaica? :2cents:SLB - save me a spot in your pool. I'm going to need some form or action on nfl games this year
They dont work now? WTF?

For those of you that haven't been following the "gay marriage makes baby jebus cry" thread, 1) I can't blame you but 2) you're missing a level of meltdown that the love child of Beej and MoP would be envious of.Or just read the thing from about page 30 on. As a body of work it's fascinating.
:lol: :shock: :eek: :2cents: Should I know the real identity of the dufus arguing with Pickles? Maybe I'll ask Pickles myself when his 3rd grade English class lets out from lunch. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you that haven't been following the "gay marriage makes baby jebus cry" thread, 1) I can't blame you but 2) you're missing a level of meltdown that the love child of Beej and MoP would be envious of.

Some highlights:

Melting...

Melting...

My wife reviewed your posts

INES level 6 incident imminent

Pickle's bet

This is the world I live in

I haz research dollarz

Aren't we all a little Pickles?

Capitalism rocks

KA BOOM!!!!

Bonus

Or just read the thing from about page 30 on. As a body of work it's fascinating.
Is the going rate for private eyes still $600?

MN

looks like we are back and fully operational... I have no idea how, since the host hasn't done anything, and I have heard nothing from Romania...

MN
I am seriously shocked to find that there is more than one person in the United States who is: (1) employed; (2) considers Overboard to be their favorite movie ever; and (3) has the self-confidence to admit to a group of people in a work setting that Overboard is their favorite movie ever. I was sure you had met my ex.

So...my GB, sis-in-law, wife, and I are playing cards last Saturday night (we're all going to Vegas tomorrow morning) and the subject of weight loss comes up. I say something about wanting to get down to xxx Lbs. and my wife says she doesn't think I can get that low (about 7 pounds lower than I weighed that morning). I told her I could lose it by the time we leave and we make a bet. I figure it'll be pretty easy...go high protein, low fat/carbs for a few days and just do my normal workout, no problem. Weigh myself Sunday and I'm down a pound already...6 more to go. Do the diet Mon, Tues, and yesterday...prolly didn't take in more than 1200 calories each day, even got on the elliptical for 20 minutes in addition to my workout on Mon. Weighed myself after my workout last night...I freaking GAINED 5 pounds! :thumbup:

Needless to say I submitted and now I have to do laundry for a week after we got back. :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread