What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (3 Viewers)

hfs, she just walked in :thumbup:black mini skirt, short pink skin tight top, black stockings that go mid thigh and you can see the rest of the thigh. Yeah, I'm out, not getting any work done today
You HAVE to get a pic. Just say something like, "My wife is wearing almost the exact same costume. Let me get a pic and show her."
this afternoon, will have pic. will effort a solo pic, but worst case I will have a group pic, and edit out the ugly lot of the group.costume is "supposed" to be a punk rock pirate. yeah, the only thing pirate about this thing is the bandana, don't know many pirates in this getup

Love the annual Jim Rome take about wearing costumes to work.

Women of all shapes and sizes think its their chance to be a hoor. And if a guy is sitting in his cube in a costume, chances are he is not CEO material.

Im not doing the bit justice, i know.

what order should my kids watch the Star Wars movies in? they've never seen any of them.
Why would they watch them in any order other than the order of their release? You should let George Lucas disappoint them in the order he intended.
:wall: weren't the latest ones prequels or something (never saw them and not a star wars :nerd: )... just wondering if it would make more sense to watch them first (or maybe not at all?)

hfs, she just walked in :thumbup:black mini skirt, short pink skin tight top, black stockings that go mid thigh and you can see the rest of the thigh. Yeah, I'm out, not getting any work done today
GB halloween... "It's the most...wonderful tiiiiime... of the yeeeaarrrr"

SOaB I just missed an opportunity to get my picture taken with Michael Buffer. :lmao:
:unsure:That would have been funny. He just went across the street to Starbucks. A guy in a tux at 8:30 in the morning in St.louis doesn't stick out much.
Maybe it was a guy with a helluva costume, going to work :P
Nope, it was him. I'm at the convention center working a show for a client and they hired him.Reading my mind Aaron. My client is well aware of the cat shirt pics too.

hfs, she just walked in :confused:black mini skirt, short pink skin tight top, black stockings that go mid thigh and you can see the rest of the thigh. Yeah, I'm out, not getting any work done today
You HAVE to get a pic. Just say something like, "My wife is wearing almost the exact same costume. Let me get a pic and show her."
this afternoon, will have pic. will effort a solo pic, but worst case I will have a group pic, and edit out the ugly lot of the group.costume is "supposed" to be a punk rock pirate. yeah, the only thing pirate about this thing is the bandana, don't know many pirates in this getup
Suggest solo pics for everyone. That way you're not singling her out. :rant:

hfs, she just walked in :wub:black mini skirt, short pink skin tight top, black stockings that go mid thigh and you can see the rest of the thigh. Yeah, I'm out, not getting any work done today
Suggest solo pics for everyone. That way you're not singling her out. :moneybag:
:X :D

Nice. Great bullpen you got there, Ron.
The crazy thing is this was a good bullpen this season. But now they're using guys like Lowe, who weren't part of that. Frankie Francisco injury is hurting even worse than expected.My main problem with Wash last night is that he didn't have multiple options ready to go. He just assumes it's going to work out (Holland) and doesn't have a backup plan. Being confident in your players is all well and good, but as he said before the playoffs started "you don't know what the booty hole gonna do when you get under the bright lite."

Almost made me regret my parking lot t-shirt purchase earlier in the evening.

Throwing Lowe out there two nights in a row is so confusing. Only guy on the rotation, when I see him, I'm like, "Who the #### is that?"

hfs, she just walked in :Dblack mini skirt, short pink skin tight top, black stockings that go mid thigh and you can see the rest of the thigh. Yeah, I'm out, not getting any work done today
Suggest solo pics for everyone. That way you're not singling her out. :confused:
And then just point the camera and say "click" for all the other people.

hfs, she just walked in :)black mini skirt, short pink skin tight top, black stockings that go mid thigh and you can see the rest of the thigh. Yeah, I'm out, not getting any work done today
It is your job, duty and obligation to have a co-worker snap a photo of the two of you and upload it here for us to enjoy. Do this for America.

what order should my kids watch the Star Wars movies in? they've never seen any of them.
Why would they watch them in any order other than the order of their release? You should let George Lucas disappoint them in the order he intended.
:thumbup: :) We rented the original Star Wars first and watched it together. My oldest son checked out early on, but my youngest fell in love like I did when I was his age in 1979. He couldn't wait to watch the other two. I refuse to let him see the three Lucas dumped on us recently, but his mother let him. I am proud to say that he informed me he liked the three we watched together better and have gone back to watch them a handful of times. I'll probably get him the triology on DVD for Xmas one of these years.So yes, agree with Bob here. Star Wars, then Empire, then Jedi.

:thumbup: weren't the latest ones prequels or something (never saw them and not a star wars :nerd: )... just wondering if it would make more sense to watch them first (or maybe not at all?)
:) Avoid them. They are absolute garbage.Again, Lucas snuck in an 'anti-smoking' message in one of them. I'm not making this up.

:thumbup: :) We rented the original Star Wars first and watched it together. My oldest son checked out early on, but my youngest fell in love like I did when I was his age in 1979. He couldn't wait to watch the other two. I refuse to let him see the three Lucas dumped on us recently, but his mother let him. I am proud to say that he informed me he liked the three we watched together better and have gone back to watch them a handful of times. I'll probably get him the triology on DVD for Xmas one of these years.So yes, agree with Bob here. Star Wars, then Empire, then Jedi.
I watched Star Wars over 100 times as a child.

hfs, she just walked in :)black mini skirt, short pink skin tight top, black stockings that go mid thigh and you can see the rest of the thigh. Yeah, I'm out, not getting any work done today
It is your job, duty and obligation to have a co-worker snap a photo of the two of you and upload it here for us to enjoy. Do this for America.
trust me when I say there is nfw anyone wants to see a pic of me. I just walked past her in the hall and yes, I will get a solo pic.

Love the annual Jim Rome take about wearing costumes to work.Women of all shapes and sizes think its their chance to be a hoor. And if a guy is sitting in his cube in a costume, chances are he is not CEO material.Im not doing the bit justice, i know.
I used to listen to Rome every day for years (and even paid for the podcast for a while) and my favorite bit by far was his Halloween rants. I still laugh thinking about him giving out little bars of hotel soap to the kids. Like Rome, I am not down with Halloween. At. All. Last time I dressed up was 7 years ago for a party my ex-wife made me attend. I didn't have a costume, so I wore my grandfathers old fancy rain coat and went as a 'flasher'. Lot's of kids at this party I later found out.... :)

:popcorn: :lmao: We rented the original Star Wars first and watched it together. My oldest son checked out early on, but my youngest fell in love like I did when I was his age in 1979. He couldn't wait to watch the other two. I refuse to let him see the three Lucas dumped on us recently, but his mother let him. I am proud to say that he informed me he liked the three we watched together better and have gone back to watch them a handful of times. I'll probably get him the triology on DVD for Xmas one of these years.So yes, agree with Bob here. Star Wars, then Empire, then Jedi.
I watched Star Wars over 100 times as a child.
Me too. We also got hammered and stoned and watched it over and over in HS/College.

General Malaise said:
fo shizzle said:
Love the annual Jim Rome take about wearing costumes to work.Women of all shapes and sizes think its their chance to be a hoor. And if a guy is sitting in his cube in a costume, chances are he is not CEO material.Im not doing the bit justice, i know.
I used to listen to Rome every day for years (and even paid for the podcast for a while) and my favorite bit by far was his Halloween rants. I still laugh thinking about him giving out little bars of hotel soap to the kids. Like Rome, I am not down with Halloween. At. All. Last time I dressed up was 7 years ago for a party my ex-wife made me attend. I didn't have a costume, so I wore my grandfathers old fancy rain coat and went as a 'flasher'. Lot's of kids at this party I later found out.... :bag:
:goodposting: :thumbup: :homer:

General Malaise said:
E-Z Glider said:
Sideshow Bob said:
:thumbup: weren't the latest ones prequels or something (never saw them and not a star wars :homer: )... just wondering if it would make more sense to watch them first (or maybe not at all?)
:goodposting: Avoid them. They are absolute garbage.Again, Lucas snuck in an 'anti-smoking' message in one of them. I'm not making this up.
There are enough good moments to make them worth watching imo. For Star Wars fans anyway.- Darth Maul duel.- Jango Fett.- Seeing Yoda in action for the first time.- Jedis at their peak. The Vader/Kenobi duel in Ep 4 is pretty sad in comparison.- General Grevious is kinda cool.- The beginning of Ep 3 finally made Star Wars fun again. Ewan McGregor had a bit of the swagger and sparkle in his eye that the prequels had been badly missing due to the lack of a Han Solo character.- Yoda vs Palpatine and Obi Wan vs Anakin.You just have to fight through the boring government and love story crap, wooden acting, etc. But my son loves Ep 2 and 3 due to the Jedis. I think Ep 2 mostly sucks, but 3 is pretty good. 1 is terrible unless Darth Maul is on screen.

BTW, the Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network is surprisingly good. They're on season 3 now. First two seasons are out on DVD and Blu-Ray. We have season 1, which looks great on Blu-Ray. Kid asks to watch that much more than anything else we own, including all six of the movies. Season 2 will be a Christmas present.

He was one clone (Cody?) for Halloween last year, and is going to be a different one (Rex?) this year. He was Vader two years ago.

BTW, the Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network is surprisingly good. They're on season 3 now. First two seasons are out on DVD and Blu-Ray. We have season 1, which looks great on Blu-Ray. Kid asks to watch that much more than anything else we own, including all six of the movies. Season 2 will be a Christmas present.He was one clone (Cody?) for Halloween last year, and is going to be a different one (Rex?) this year. He was Vader two years ago.
There are guys named Cody and Rex in the Star Wars universe now?

General Malaise said:
E-Z Glider said:
Sideshow Bob said:
:no: weren't the latest ones prequels or something (never saw them and not a star wars :nerd: )... just wondering if it would make more sense to watch them first (or maybe not at all?)
:yucky: Avoid them. They are absolute garbage.Again, Lucas snuck in an 'anti-smoking' message in one of them. I'm not making this up.
There are enough good moments to make them worth watching imo. For Star Wars fans anyway.- Darth Maul duel.
This is probably the best fight scene in ALL of the SW movies.

General Malaise said:
E-Z Glider said:
Sideshow Bob said:
:no: weren't the latest ones prequels or something (never saw them and not a star wars :nerd: )... just wondering if it would make more sense to watch them first (or maybe not at all?)
:yucky: Avoid them. They are absolute garbage.

Again, Lucas snuck in an 'anti-smoking' message in one of them. I'm not making this up.
There are enough good moments to make them worth watching imo. For Star Wars fans anyway.- Darth Maul duel.

- Jango Fett.

- Seeing Yoda in action for the first time.

- Jedis at their peak. The Vader/Kenobi duel in Ep 4 is pretty sad in comparison.

- General Grevious is kinda cool.

- The beginning of Ep 3 finally made Star Wars fun again. Ewan McGregor had a bit of the swagger and sparkle in his eye that the prequels had been badly missing due to the lack of a Han Solo character.

- Yoda vs Palpatine and Obi Wan vs Anakin.

You just have to fight through the boring government and love story crap, wooden acting, etc. But my son loves Ep 2 and 3 due to the Jedis. I think Ep 2 mostly sucks, but 3 is pretty good. 1 is terrible unless Darth Maul is on screen.
EP3 ROCKSGreivous is just freaking cool, there's no way around it grievous is cool.

There's good action, lots of wookies, tons of good saber work

and this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dlM3sHiMT0

the essence of the entire star wars universe is on obi wan's face right there. Despite all his bets efforts his pupil, his brother, the chosen one has fallen to the dark side. He has not just fallen, he has fallen because of his love, first for his mother, then his love for Padme, and his fear at losing her. The best parts of him have been twisted to evil, and all Obi Wan can do is watch. The series is about Vader, and this is the moment where you really see what he has become, and how much that tears up Obi Wan. Yet through all of it all anakin can do is express his hatred for Obi Wan, he is lost. (Till his son luke saves him in jedi of course)

BTW, the Clone Wars series on Cartoon Network is surprisingly good. They're on season 3 now. First two seasons are out on DVD and Blu-Ray. We have season 1, which looks great on Blu-Ray. Kid asks to watch that much more than anything else we own, including all six of the movies. Season 2 will be a Christmas present.He was one clone (Cody?) for Halloween last year, and is going to be a different one (Rex?) this year. He was Vader two years ago.
hellz yeah!Captain Rex and Commander Cody.

Yeah, that's weak.My writing partner and I are working on a screenplay about Bib Fortuna as a bullied high school student. I'll send you a few pages.

Yeah, that's weak.My writing partner and I are working on a screenplay about Bib Fortuna as a bullied high school student. I'll send you a few pages.
In one episode of the cartoon there was this little Mon Calamari jedi who had a really crappy additude, he was trying to be all badassgreivous cut him upi

:confused:The whole Clone Wars concept works much better in 22 minute episodes. Getting to know the individual soldiers and the "non-marquee" Jedi is a heck of a lot better than putting up with emo Anakin for two and a half hours.

There are enough good moments to make them worth watching imo. For Star Wars fans anyway.- Darth Maul duel.- Jango Fett.- Seeing Yoda in action for the first time.- Jedis at their peak. The Vader/Kenobi duel in Ep 4 is pretty sad in comparison.- General Grevious is kinda cool.- The beginning of Ep 3 finally made Star Wars fun again. Ewan McGregor had a bit of the swagger and sparkle in his eye that the prequels had been badly missing due to the lack of a Han Solo character.- Yoda vs Palpatine and Obi Wan vs Anakin.You just have to fight through the boring government and love story crap, wooden acting, etc. But my son loves Ep 2 and 3 due to the Jedis. I think Ep 2 mostly sucks, but 3 is pretty good. 1 is terrible unless Darth Maul is on screen.
Spot on.

guru_007 said:
General Malaise said:
hfs, she just walked in :goodposting:black mini skirt, short pink skin tight top, black stockings that go mid thigh and you can see the rest of the thigh. Yeah, I'm out, not getting any work done today
trust me when I say there is nfw anyone wants to see a pic of me. I just walked past her in the hall and yes, I will get a solo pic.
:waitingimpatiently:

Truck, you're an A's fan, right? Rooting for or against the Giants?
Against, for the following reasons:1) A lot of supposed A's fans have hopped off the bandwagon and have started rooting for SF. I find this type of behavior disgusting. For some reason, maybe it's cultural, the split between the Raiders and Niners here is much more distinct. You're either one or the other. But for baseball...during the 1989 World Series, there were split hats, that the logos of both teams on them.

I'm always a believer in sticking with your team, no matter how miserable it gets. So primarily, I'm hoping they lose so these Johnny-come-latelys get stung. I also hope they get tumors in their penises and die at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

2) SF has their foot on Oakland's neck in terms of stadium relocation efforts. Oakland and the surrounding area has been hurt by globalization, like many industrial towns over the last 30-40 years. It makes sense to move down to Santa Clara county (near San Jose), where there's actually enough money to build a stadium, but the county is "Giants territory." There have been a couple of abortive attempts to move further south but stay within Alameda County (Fremont, where I grew up), but it's been a logistical nightmare. The current stadium is in a rotten neighborhood and is ugly, and can't be demolished and rebuilt. And there isn't much room left in Oakland for them to move. Going to SJ would make the most sense, but SF is blocking it for their own financial interests, even though it's obvious that they have no intention of ever moving there.

3) I don't like to see other people enjoy themselves. Esp. a LOT of come-lately fans who don't really know much about baseball and don't realize how lucky a good, but not great team has gotten this year.

4) The dumb beards

Truck, you're an A's fan, right? Rooting for or against the Giants?
Against, for the following reasons:1) A lot of supposed A's fans have hopped off the bandwagon and have started rooting for SF. I find this type of behavior disgusting. For some reason, maybe it's cultural, the split between the Raiders and Niners here is much more distinct. You're either one or the other. But for baseball...during the 1989 World Series, there were split hats, that the logos of both teams on them.

I'm always a believer in sticking with your team, no matter how miserable it gets. So primarily, I'm hoping they lose so these Johnny-come-latelys get stung. I also hope they get tumors in their penises and die at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

2) SF has their foot on Oakland's neck in terms of stadium relocation efforts. Oakland and the surrounding area has been hurt by globalization, like many industrial towns over the last 30-40 years. It makes sense to move down to Santa Clara county (near San Jose), where there's actually enough money to build a stadium, but the county is "Giants territory." There have been a couple of abortive attempts to move further south but stay within Alameda County (Fremont, where I grew up), but it's been a logistical nightmare. The current stadium is in a rotten neighborhood and is ugly, and can't be demolished and rebuilt. And there isn't much room left in Oakland for them to move. Going to SJ would make the most sense, but SF is blocking it for their own financial interests, even though it's obvious that they have no intention of ever moving there.

3) I don't like to see other people enjoy themselves. Esp. a LOT of come-lately fans who don't really know much about baseball and don't realize how lucky a good, but not great team has gotten this year.

4) The dumb beards
lol

Users who are viewing this thread