What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (9 Viewers)

Virtual Addiction TestIf you believe you have a more serious problem, and you have six or morewarning signs of Internet abuse as measured by the Internet Abuse Test (IAT), you should take the Virtual Addiction Test (VAT) below. If you answer yes to five or moreof the questions on this test than you may have an Internet addiction problem.1. Do you feel "out of control" when using the Internet; e.g., feeling. "Carried away"?2. When not on the Internet, do you find that you are preoccupied with the Internet or computers, (e.g., thinking about or reliving past experiences on the Internet, planning your next experience on the Internet, or thinking of ways to gain access to the Internet in the future?)3. Do you find that you need to spend greater amounts of time on the Internet to achieve satisfaction similar to previous events?4. Do you find yourself seeking more sexually stimulating material in order to achieve the same result as previously?5. Have you repeated unsuccessful efforts to control cut back or stop using the Internet?6. Do you find yourself to be restless or irritable when attempting to cut down or stop using the Internet?7. Are you using the Internet as a way of escaping from problems or relieving a bad mood, (e.g., feelings of helplessness, guilt, anxiety or depression)?8. After spending what you consider an excessive amount of time on the Internet and vowing not to do so the next day, do you find yourself back on the next day or soon after?9. Do you find yourself lying to family members, therapists or others to conceal the extent of your involvement with the Internet?10. Do you find yourself committing illegal acts related to your use of the Internet?11. Have you jeopardized or lost a significant relationship, job or educational or career opportunity? Because of your use of the Internet?Score: _______________(If you score five or over, there is a high probability that you are addicted to the Internet.)If you answered positively to the Internet Abuse Test warning signs or the Virtual Addiction Test, it may be helpful to again ask yourself the two questions below which were initially presented in chapter two. If either of your self-tests indicate that you have a problem, follow the suggestions offered in chapters five through nine.• Does your Internet use elicit a clear change in mood? And is your continued Internet use later sought out and utilized to achieve its’ mood altering effects?• Does using the Internet interfere with your life in any way, shape, or form? That is, does it have a negative impact on your work, school, family, friends, relationships, etc.?Both of these questions are very important. The second question is perhaps more relevant with regard to clarifying your addiction potential. We all do things we like or find exciting because of the way it makes us feel; it is assumed that most individuals who use the Internet find it very pleasurable. On an intellectual basis, it satisfies many needs, including curiosity, knowledge, convenience, access to data that is not ordinarily available, and connecting with people on a personal or sexual basis. However, when you find yourself using the Internet as a means to gratify what might otherwise not feel fulfilling to you, then your pleasure from online life may be superseding your satisfaction with 'real-time' living. When this occurs there may be a potential problem, for although computers and the Internet are not in and of themselves dangerous, the preference for cyber-life over real-time life should be viewed with some trepidation. The essence of an addiction then is a repetitive pattern of Internet behavior which, in spite of certain negative consequences, is still continued.
Based on this checklist, I am addicted to the Internet.Also,AlcoholCoffeeTelevisionPoopingFantasy Football

The kids in our neighborhood discovered a storm drain in the woods beside the neighborhood next to ours. It's a six-foot concrete tube set into the side of a hill, with a little water trickling out of it into a creek bed below. They went into it, and walked through it underground - including right under our neighborhood - until they came out a manhole cover by the side of the road more than a half-mile away.

My 13-year-old wanted to go in it, but he's such a good kid that he asked permission first. My wife was not sure, but then - in front of him - I said, "If all the other kids in the neighborhood are doing it, I guess it's o.k. for him to do it, too." Which got me the death glare from my wife, and I quickly had to tell him that it is definitely NOT o.k. to do something just because all the other kids are doing it.

Which is how I ended up crouched over last night, walking a half-mile through water covering my shoetops, with nothing but a flashlight beam to guide me, underground in a web-filled tunnel. Because I had to go in there and make sure it was safe before turning our kid loose in there by himself. It starts off concrete next to the new development, but then turns sharply left, and once you can no longer see daylight from the entrance you get under some older neighborhoods and the walls become brick.

I'm not going back in there but I have to say that if I were a 13-year-old boy, discovering an underground tunnel in the next block over from my house would be one of the coolest things ever.

I know that we have at least one engineer that frequents GMTAN. I started a new thread asking some questions about the field. Hope you can provide some advice.

ETA: I do Mary Kay, Amway, Avon, and sell Boy Scout Cookies as well. If you can't find me here just check EBay or Etsy. If you get a sales call tomorrow and the person on the other end just doesn't sound too into their job, be nice and keep them on the line for a few minutes...that could be me as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The kids in our neighborhood discovered a storm drain in the woods beside the neighborhood next to ours. It's a six-foot concrete tube set into the side of a hill, with a little water trickling out of it into a creek bed below. They went into it, and walked through it underground - including right under our neighborhood - until they came out a manhole cover by the side of the road more than a half-mile away.My 13-year-old wanted to go in it, but he's such a good kid that he asked permission first. My wife was not sure, but then - in front of him - I said, "If all the other kids in the neighborhood are doing it, I guess it's o.k. for him to do it, too." Which got me the death glare from my wife, and I quickly had to tell him that it is definitely NOT o.k. to do something just because all the other kids are doing it.Which is how I ended up crouched over last night, walking a half-mile through water covering my shoetops, with nothing but a flashlight beam to guide me, underground in a web-filled tunnel. Because I had to go in there and make sure it was safe before turning our kid loose in there by himself. It starts off concrete next to the new development, but then turns sharply left, and once you can no longer see daylight from the entrance you get under some older neighborhoods and the walls become brick.I'm not going back in there but I have to say that if I were a 13-year-old boy, discovering an underground tunnel in the next block over from my house would be one of the coolest things ever.
Those storm drains flood VERY quickly when it rains. That's likely the drainage for the entire development. We used to play in one when I was a kid but you better make sure they know not to go in there if it's rained recently or if it is even threatening to rain.

Last edited by a moderator:
was there some pruning of the thread today? I was on page 617 clicked 618 and went to page 614.
I was asked by someone earlier today to delete all their posts and their account. I guess they had about 3 or 4 pages worth of posts in here.
who? c'mon you can tell us
more fun to make people figure it out.
Got it first guess. The most obvious choice is usually right. Hint: who is most prone to innernet tantrums?

was there some pruning of the thread today? I was on page 617 clicked 618 and went to page 614.
I was asked by someone earlier today to delete all their posts and their account. I guess they had about 3 or 4 pages worth of posts in here.
Got it first guess. The most obvious choice is usually right. Hint: who is most prone to innernet tantrums?
Takeaway lesson: don't call someone a fat bag of fat on the internet. You may regret it.

well i guess it has to be someone who posted b/w 150-200x in this thread.How you find that out again?

well i guess it has to be someone who posted b/w 150-200x in this thread.How you find that out again?
the two posts above yours should give it away

Takeaway lesson: don't call someone a fat bag of fat on the internet. You may regret it.
Fat bag of fat, wait...

ImpossibleWhat's the fat bag of fat story? Missed that, apparently.

It didn't really belong in here anyway. Every so often, one particular poster goes off the deep end regarding a woman from the web that he may or may not have met in real life. Should be about six months before it happens again.

It didn't really belong in here anyway. Every so often, one particular poster goes off the deep end regarding a woman from the web that he may or may not have met in real life. Should be about six months before it happens again.
Improbable.I recognize the dots. I apparently just thought there was something more recently connecting them.

Fat bag of fat, wait...
Shuke > WAIT!

Cooked a new fish last night - Swai. Baked it in a nice fajita marinade and made burritos with cuban black beans and plenty of peppers. good eating.
How do I turn my regular can of black beans into cuban black beans?Serious and sarcastic answers appreciated
put them on a raft headed toward Miami
:lmao:Tiger, I have no idea if this is a 'recipe' for Cuban black beans or not, but this is what I do at least once a week and sometimes more. I eat a lot of black beans. Very good for you. However, I might cook the good parts right out of them.In a saucepan, coat the bottom with olive oil and turn the heat to high. When it's good and hot, dump in minced up garlic, onions and red/orange peppers. If the kids aren't eating, I'll add jalapenos or seranos too. Saute the mix for a few minutes, adding a little Tony's and cracked pepper to the process. Turn the heat down to medium high and add one to two cans of DRAINED black beans. Add about 1/4 - 1/3 can/bottle of any beer. More beer for two cans. Stir well.Add a pinch of oregano, garlic powder, paprika and more Tony's and cracked black pepper (how much depends on personal taste).Add at least 1 Table Spoon of Cumin. This is the key ingredient. I sometimes add up to 2 Table Spoons. Seems like a lot, but I think it's great here. I also add 1-2 fresh bay leaves. If the kids aren't eating, I'll add a dash of Cayenne. If the kids are eating, I'll use a dash of chili powder instead.Bring everything to a boil, stir well, turn the heat down to low, cover and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, stirring often. You can leave the lid off if you want, but I like trapping all the goodness in there and really letting it simmer.Not sure if that's Cuban Black Beans or not, but it's how I make them and they are a family/friend favorite. People ask me to bring them to parties and they go great with any burritos.
Just made these for lunch and they were great. I took your recipe and added a little more tony's, pepper and cumin. Topped it with some cheese and used my tostitos scoops :thumbup:Have a bunch left, and I'm betting that they will be pretty good cold as well. Especially refreshing on a hot ### day. :thumbup:

Big fan of black beans, Tiger. Glad they turned out. I use a lot of cumin and will increase the Tony's if the kids aren't eating them. Glad you enjoyed. What kind of beer did you use?

Cooked a new fish last night - Swai. Baked it in a nice fajita marinade and made burritos with cuban black beans and plenty of peppers. good eating.
How do I turn my regular can of black beans into cuban black beans?Serious and sarcastic answers appreciated
put them on a raft headed toward Miami
:lmao:Tiger, I have no idea if this is a 'recipe' for Cuban black beans or not, but this is what I do at least once a week and sometimes more. I eat a lot of black beans. Very good for you. However, I might cook the good parts right out of them.In a saucepan, coat the bottom with olive oil and turn the heat to high. When it's good and hot, dump in minced up garlic, onions and red/orange peppers. If the kids aren't eating, I'll add jalapenos or seranos too. Saute the mix for a few minutes, adding a little Tony's and cracked pepper to the process. Turn the heat down to medium high and add one to two cans of DRAINED black beans. Add about 1/4 - 1/3 can/bottle of any beer. More beer for two cans. Stir well.Add a pinch of oregano, garlic powder, paprika and more Tony's and cracked black pepper (how much depends on personal taste).Add at least 1 Table Spoon of Cumin. This is the key ingredient. I sometimes add up to 2 Table Spoons. Seems like a lot, but I think it's great here. I also add 1-2 fresh bay leaves. If the kids aren't eating, I'll add a dash of Cayenne. If the kids are eating, I'll use a dash of chili powder instead.Bring everything to a boil, stir well, turn the heat down to low, cover and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, stirring often. You can leave the lid off if you want, but I like trapping all the goodness in there and really letting it simmer.Not sure if that's Cuban Black Beans or not, but it's how I make them and they are a family/friend favorite. People ask me to bring them to parties and they go great with any burritos.
What is Tony's?

Got a wedding at 5:00 today. They're both in the military and are already married. This wedding is just for show. No rehearsal, no prayers, no unity candle, no sand ceremony etc etc. Met with them for 25 minutes the other day.

Easiest $150 I've ever made since I stopped stealing from poor boxes at the church.

Got a wedding at 5:00 today. They're both in the military and are already married. This wedding is just for show. No rehearsal, no prayers, no unity candle, no sand ceremony etc etc. Met with them for 25 minutes the other day.Easiest $150 I've ever made since I stopped stealing from poor boxes at the church.
It was a highly altered, but very real, 1953 poorbox....

Big fan of black beans, Tiger. Glad they turned out. I use a lot of cumin and will increase the Tony's if the kids aren't eating them. Glad you enjoyed. What kind of beer did you use?
well you said any beer, so i thought it was a good excuse to get rid of the Becks Premier Light that one of my chick friends left in my fridge last week.next time i'll surely use a dark beer

Users who are viewing this thread