What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (11 Viewers)

Kubes said:
Crazy Canuck said:
Thorn said:
bakes said:
Crazy Canuck said:
Homer Simpson said:
Thorn said:
So this hotel is on the same block as a seedy looking bowling alley. Luckily i have my balls in the car. Schwing!
Are there bowling alleys that aren't seedy looking?
Yes. Crappy hipster ones in urban areas that are full of neon and d-bags and overcharge for everything.

Short answer: ones that suck. Seediness is the essence of a good bowling alley. Seediness, light beer, and fat men in ridiculous shirts.
Also a worn-out Defender game and a pinball machine unplugged in a corner, along with a collection of house balls from the 1950s, at least seven of which are red and black Lebaowsi-esque Brunswick Fireballs. And a Lustre-King.
No brunswick in the land of candlepin.

Also cc i woulda figured you for a pro-hipster
You aren't the first person to make this mistake. I understand your confusion. The way I dress. My political leanings. The books and movies and music and all that stuff.

But as a good friend once said, "CC you aren't a hipster. You're what hipsters try so hard to be."

I don't know if that's a good explanation, but I can say this -

1. I do not obsessively follow bands with obscure names just so I can wear them on my sleeve as a psychic defense mechanism.

2. When I see hipsters around town, I'm overcome with an intense desire to punch them in the face.

I'm a man with specific tastes, but they don't follow trends like hipsters. Maybe that's what my friend meant. Beats me. All I know is Piels tastes like ####, color-rimmed sunglasses look stupid, and vinyl is way overrated.
This is exactly how a hipster would describe himself, especially the "You aren't a hipster, you're what hipsters try to be."
lo

Should be an interesting weekend... I have my daughter until ~4 and then meeting up with a lady friend for dinner and a concert. This girl is pretty cool, but lives in Columbus and is almost too nice of a person at times. She has a hotel room downtown (ex moves out next Saturday!) and said no "funny business" but wants to do brunch in the am :shrug: I told her she wouldn't be laughing :popcorn: Random makeout girl (RMG) also wants to meet up for church again (if i can make it) and then brunch tomorrow and hang out for the dayI'm going to try for an early brunch with Columbus girl, skip church and then meet up with RMG for second brunch and fun from there. I'm guessing that my weekend will be a lot like Pete Rose - a whole lot of gambling, but in the end I'll end up with a lot of doubles instead of home runs
That sure is a lot of brunch. Be careful to pace yourself and go light on the carbs.

Should be an interesting weekend... I have my daughter until ~4 and then meeting up with a lady friend for dinner and a concert. This girl is pretty cool, but lives in Columbus and is almost too nice of a person at times. She has a hotel room downtown (ex moves out next Saturday!) and said no "funny business" but wants to do brunch in the am :shrug: I told her she wouldn't be laughing :popcorn: Random makeout girl (RMG) also wants to meet up for church again (if i can make it) and then brunch tomorrow and hang out for the dayI'm going to try for an early brunch with Columbus girl, skip church and then meet up with RMG for second brunch and fun from there. I'm guessing that my weekend will be a lot like Pete Rose - a whole lot of gambling, but in the end I'll end up with a lot of doubles instead of home runs
That sure is a lot of brunch. Be careful to pace yourself and go light on the carbs.
:lmao:

'krista4 said:
'proninja said:
'Crazy Canuck said:
You aren't the first person to make this mistake. I understand your confusion. The way I dress. My political leanings. The books and movies and music and all that stuff.

But as a good friend once said, "CC you aren't a hipster. You're what hipsters try so hard to be."

1. I do not obsessively follow bands with obscure names just so I can wear them on my sleeve as a psychic defense mechanism.

2. When I see hipsters around town, I'm overcome with an intense desire to punch them in the face.

I'm a man with specific tastes, but they don't follow trends like hipsters. Maybe that's what my friend meant. Beats me. All I know is Piels tastes like ####, color-rimmed sunglasses look stupid, and vinyl is way overrated.
I might be late on this, but claiming to not be a hipster is the most hipster thing ever
:goodposting:
proninja> Sigh. Yes, you are late to this. K4> Stop. If I'm a hipster then you're right there beside me. The only thing separating us is third world mansions and a rack to die for.
you wear a newsboy cap, you read William Burroughs, you post pictures of Suicide Girls, and you named your kid Phoenix. The jury in this case is not going to be kind.

'krista4 said:
'proninja said:
'Crazy Canuck said:

I might be late on this, but claiming to not be a hipster is the most hipster thing ever
proninja> Sigh. Yes, you are late to this. K4> Stop. If I'm a hipster then you're right there beside me. The only thing separating us is third world mansions and a rack to die for.
you wear a newsboy cap, you read William Burroughs, you post pictures of Suicide Girls, and you named your kid Phoenix. The jury in this case is not going to be kind.
:lmao: :lmao:CC, I can't be a hipster. I live in Memphis.

So most of you know my mom died last week. We had the funeral on Thursday and now are going through things.

Her house was paid for, but my sister was still living with her and caring for her. We decided we should probably re-title the house in my sisters name since she is the executor.

How do we do this without an attorney or do we need one? Her will is simple and everything should go smoothly and we wont have to hire a lawyer.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to just re-title a home?

Sorry to hear about your loss Pack.

I hate having to catch up on this thread during the weekends.

Did anyone here know that it is $3k to get staples, fiber from a stuffed toy, hair tie and string from a Boston Terrier's stomach on a friday night? I didn't even want the damn dog, now I'm $5k into it in 5 mths. Allocating resources were not done very effectively in our household this past year.

I'm finding that latest "Describe your sex life with a movie title" Facebook thing to be somewhat unsettling, mostly when I'm seeing my aunts repost the picture with comment.

I'm finding that latest "Describe your sex life with a movie title" Facebook thing to be somewhat unsettling, mostly when I'm seeing my aunts repost the picture with comment.
Weekend at Bernie's?

Last edited by a moderator:
'krista4 said:
'proninja said:
'Crazy Canuck said:

:lmao: That thread is epic. The irony of that statement is the guy who wrote is my dopelganger. He's an English professor, my ex-boss actually, dresses almost exactly like me, but forgoes the hat because he can still grow hair, which he of course wears long in a ponytail. We both drive Jettas. He's five years older than me, which makes sense because the primary thing distinguishing him from me is that I'm happily married to a woman my own age while he's dating a 25 year old hipster he picked up when she was in grad school.

Mr. Pack -

1. If I missed the customary sympathies, I am indeed sorry for your loss. Rough business, losing a parent. Lost my dad tragically when I was in my early 20s. The healing process is a long one.

2. Check your inbox here.

So most of you know my mom died last week. We had the funeral on Thursday and now are going through things.Her house was paid for, but my sister was still living with her and caring for her. We decided we should probably re-title the house in my sisters name since she is the executor.How do we do this without an attorney or do we need one? Her will is simple and everything should go smoothly and we wont have to hire a lawyer.I'm just wondering if it's possible to just re-title a home?
what state are you in? Under the "modern" probate code youd need a deed of distribution from the estate to your sister after 10 days notice to all interested parties. Pm me.

'BRONG said:
Someone learn me how to post pics up in here.And what was the ruling on d/l'ing pics from peoples' fb page? Do they know you're doing it?
Friend me on FB. It's about time, Nick.

Crazy Canuck said:
Thorn said:
bakes said:
Crazy Canuck said:
Homer Simpson said:
Thorn said:
So this hotel is on the same block as a seedy looking bowling alley. Luckily i have my balls in the car. Schwing!
Yes. Crappy hipster ones in urban areas that are full of neon and d-bags and overcharge for everything.

Short answer: ones that suck. Seediness is the essence of a good bowling alley. Seediness, light beer, and fat men in ridiculous shirts.
Also a worn-out Defender game and a pinball machine unplugged in a corner, along with a collection of house balls from the 1950s, at least seven of which are red and black Lebaowsi-esque Brunswick Fireballs. And a Lustre-King.

Took JR to Cabela's today with my neighbor and then tried to hit Casa de cosjobs on the way back before calling him and being reminded that he's in Portland. So we went to a bar instead. Good parenting or bad parenting?

What's the right move here. A fraternity brother of mine's father passed away on Thursday. The services are Monday, but I'll be out of town for work. I would consider this guy a friend, but not a great friend. We both have mutual friends who we are both better friends with, but we're just not really that close. We hang out at games and parties and such in large groups, but I would never call him to see what's going on for the weekend. But he's a solid guy and I had met his dad a few times at parties, and he was always very genuine.

I will be definitely be sending a sympathy card, but shall just that suffice? Do I even mention that I'm sorry that I'm going to miss the services b/c of work? Sign the guestbook online?

I think I'm overthinking this...but I hate these situations, so would like another opinion.

Mr. Pack -

1. If I missed the customary sympathies, I am indeed sorry for your loss. Rough business, losing a parent. Lost my dad tragically when I was in my early 20s. The healing process is a long one.

2. Check your inbox here.
1. Thank you.c) Done.

- I did not know you were a hipster. Cool man. :thumbup:

What's the right move here. A fraternity brother of mine's father passed away on Thursday. The services are Monday, but I'll be out of town for work. I would consider this guy a friend, but not a great friend. We both have mutual friends who we are both better friends with, but we're just not really that close. We hang out at games and parties and such in large groups, but I would never call him to see what's going on for the weekend. But he's a solid guy and I had met his dad a few times at parties, and he was always very genuine. I will be definitely be sending a sympathy card, but shall just that suffice? Do I even mention that I'm sorry that I'm going to miss the services b/c of work? Sign the guestbook online?I think I'm overthinking this...but I hate these situations, so would like another opinion.
I think it's fine to send the sympathy card, sign the online guestbook and not have to give a reason why you can't make it.

What's the right move here. A fraternity brother of mine's father passed away on Thursday. The services are Monday, but I'll be out of town for work. I would consider this guy a friend, but not a great friend. We both have mutual friends who we are both better friends with, but we're just not really that close. We hang out at games and parties and such in large groups, but I would never call him to see what's going on for the weekend. But he's a solid guy and I had met his dad a few times at parties, and he was always very genuine. I will be definitely be sending a sympathy card, but shall just that suffice? Do I even mention that I'm sorry that I'm going to miss the services b/c of work? Sign the guestbook online?I think I'm overthinking this...but I hate these situations, so would like another opinion.
I think it's fine to send the sympathy card, sign the online guestbook and not have to give a reason why you can't make it.
I agree. Any kind of explanation is probably going to make a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be.

My neighbor across the street died yesterday. Actually, he might have died Tuesday and the police broke in on Friday. I feel bad because I've been thinking I should go over and offer to break up this big cardboard box that's been sitting in his front yard to get rid of it and to pick up trash stuck to his cactus plants. He was a former teacher, around 70, and alone. Sad to die alone like that.

My neighbor across the street died yesterday. Actually, he might have died Tuesday and the police broke in on Friday. I feel bad because I've been thinking I should go over and offer to break up this big cardboard box that's been sitting in his front yard to get rid of it and to pick up trash stuck to his cactus plants. He was a former teacher, around 70, and alone. Sad to die alone like that.
wow...that's depressing. :sadbanana:

I agree. Any kind of explanation is probably going to make a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be.
:goodposting: s

Crazy Canuck said:
Thorn said:
bakes said:
Crazy Canuck said:
Homer Simpson said:
Thorn said:

Thanks man. Us two easily-confused-as-hipsters need to stick together. :thumbup:

Crazy Canuck said:
Thorn said:
bakes said:
Crazy Canuck said:
Homer Simpson said:
Thorn said:

Thanks man. Us two easily-confused-as-hipsters need to stick together. :thumbup:
Wanna go bowling??

Crazy Canuck said:
Thorn said:
bakes said:
Crazy Canuck said:
Homer Simpson said:
Thorn said:

Wanna go bowling??
The first round of Papst is on me!

CC, I can't be a hipster. I live in Memphis.
Who's dying to get back to Chicago.
[hipsterkrista] ...shhhh, if I don't respond they won't lump me in with CC and Hack... [/hipsterkrista]And but also Oliver is totally a hipster. Or an easily-confused-as-a-hipster. Yes.
He's more of a hipster, or an easily-confused-as-a-hipster, than I am. But I don't really mind if either of us is a hipster. :shrug: I'm not dying to get back to Chicago, by the way. I am dying to get out of Memphis, but just trying to have patience as I need to put in about 14 more months here.

Crazy Canuck said:
Thorn said:
bakes said:
Crazy Canuck said:
Homer Simpson said:
Thorn said:

Wanna go bowling??
The first round of Papst is on me!
Like we don't know you misspelled this on purpose so that you wouldn't appear to be a hipster. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread