What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (13 Viewers)

I had passes to see an early screening of Project X tonight and opted to be the nice guy and give them to my wife to take a friend while I watched the kids and basketball. She just got back and told me it was like a combination of Superbad, Hangover, and Can't Hardly Wait. She then told me it was a terrible movie. I cannot reconcile those two statements.

I had passes to see an early screening of Project X tonight and opted to be the nice guy and give them to my wife to take a friend while I watched the kids and basketball. She just got back and told me it was like a combination of Superbad, Hangover, and Can't Hardly Wait. She then told me it was a terrible movie. I cannot reconcile those two statements.
I'm pretty sure it's a movie about a party with a ton of hot chicks and booze. A real "chick flick" if you will

I decided not to circumvent the language filter, but considering the intelligence I displayed here, my current vocabulary should include the phrase, "ching chong potato."

Last month I ghetto paid my power bill to get the lights turned back on (sheer stupidiy, and not a monetary issue). The bill came about a week ago, and I didn't think anything of it as I paid "total amount due" about 30 days ago. I never even opened the bill and took it to work to "get to later." Bill due yesterday; power cut off today. Apparently "total amount due" on January 29th didn't include the other $125 also due at the time they printed a January 5th bill, but only what was past due. I tried to put forward a logic problem involving the wording of their phone operated payment system, but I must have been talking to the wrong person.

To top it off, I had gone out of town for work and stopped by my stepsister's house. I spent all afternoon playing with the niece and the nephews, had dinner with the family and headed home. I called the power company at 7:30. Cut off time for getting your lights cut on due to non-payment, not power outage (yes, apparently there's a distinction)? 7PM. Luckily it's 67 degrees here at 9PM, but I'm a still a ####### moron.

I used to do the bookkeeping and paid the bills here at work. I haven't been doing that for over a year, and I'm a mess now. I used to sync all my #### with the timing of work related bills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conversation with a potential customer today (whom I have had one meeting with, and barely know):

Customer (Ed): Well, the next time you're in the area, just come on by and see if old Ed is around. I'd like to talk to you, and maybe go to lunch.

Me: Oh, I'd be glad to take you to lunch.

Ed: I didn't mean you had to take me!

Me: Then you can buy me lunch.

Ed: Bring a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker's #######, and it's a deal!

Me: :shock: Haha...I'll see what I can do.

Happy Birthday to all in shape, healthy people on this joyous occasion. Also to Shuke and Homer as well.

FYI, without having to sit here in complete silence, I would have never realized how loudly my dog licks his balls.

I've been pretty busy so I have a lot to catch up on here, but I noticed that Disco Stu lost his father on facebook. Just wanted to make sure I passed along some heartfelt condolences and am so sorry for Stu's loss. He posted a picture of his dad on FB...looks just like Stu. Uncanny.Sorry Stu. :(
Saw this too. Sorry GB.
This super sucks. Sorry, Stu, mu condolences.

Conversation with a potential customer today (whom I have had one meeting with, and barely know):Customer (Ed): Well, the next time you're in the area, just come on by and see if old Ed is around. I'd like to talk to you, and maybe go to lunch.Me: Oh, I'd be glad to take you to lunch.Ed: I didn't mean you had to take me!Me: Then you can buy me lunch.Ed: Bring a picture of Sarah Jessica Parker's #######, and it's a deal!Me: :shock: Haha...I'll see what I can do.
:lmao:Also, my thorning last night didn't seem to go as planned. I guess videos are a bad idea. :unsure:

Every once in a while i log on to this place and look at the thread topics and i just want to start punching people in their spleens

on days like this i usually leave and watch one of the planet of the apes movies in iTunes.

I'm sitting in my car dealership's customer computer room, waiting for my car, when a rep comes in and sits down and gravely tells a woman that her car's problem was a mouse living in the car. "But don't worry," he said, "it was dead and we disposed of it, and are now working on cleaning up the droppings as best we can."

The woman then detailed her suspicions that this may have been the problem, listing them day by day, evidence by evidence, over the past two weeks. Remarkably, I didn't hear one groan or sigh from the rep. He listened to all of this with the utmost concern and attention, even nodding like Dr. Watson when Sherlock revealed an important piece of evidence, like the presence of mouse turd all over the place, and the nasty smell.

I'm sitting in my car dealership's customer computer room, waiting for my car, when a rep comes in and sits down and gravely tells a woman that her car's problem was a mouse living in the car. "But don't worry," he said, "it was dead and we disposed of it, and are now working on cleaning up the droppings as best we can."The woman then detailed her suspicions that this may have been the problem, listing them day by day, evidence by evidence, over the past two weeks. Remarkably, I didn't hear one groan or sigh from the rep. He listened to all of this with the utmost concern and attention, even nodding like Dr. Watson when Sherlock revealed an important piece of evidence, like the presence of mouse turd all over the place, and the nasty smell.
poor little mouse

a dead mouse that starts to stink is a very VERY bad thingi would torch the car
Part of me wants to replicate this situation by renting an SUV from a major company like Hertz, then bring it back early and complain of a bad smell and poor engine performance. Only put human turds all over the place and a couple locks of hair in the filter.

:goodposting: Had a mouse die in the back of our Fridge, where the fiber board covers the motor and mechanics, smelled it for weeks and couldn't find it. Finally tore apart the whole back of the fridge and found it, it had essentially liquified :X horrible experience.

:goodposting: Had a mouse die in the back of our Fridge, where the fiber board covers the motor and mechanics, smelled it for weeks and couldn't find it. Finally tore apart the whole back of the fridge and found it, it had essentially liquified :X horrible experience.
i once fell asleep with a beverage on the floor and a mouse crawled into the cup and dieddrowned i assume, though it was cola so it could have had some massive sugar overdose before it drownedi took the whole cup and threw it in some bushes up the street

i once fell asleep with a beverage on the floor and a mouse crawled into the cup and dieddrowned i assume, though it was cola so it could have had some massive sugar overdose before it drownedi took the whole cup and threw it in some bushes up the street
The New & Improved Deeples Mousetrap. Patent that, stat, and watch the gravytrain roll in.

The New & Improved Deeples Mousetrap. Patent that, stat, and watch the gravetrain roll in.
we used to use snap traps in that house, they sucked for multiple reasons1) i snapped my fingers all the f'n time2) some mice are bleeders3) that rare occasion where the trap gets one appendage and then the mouse pulls it around the house franticallygod mice are the suck

The New & Improved Deeples Mousetrap. Patent that, stat, and watch the gravetrain roll in.
we used to use snap traps in that house, they sucked for multiple reasons1) i snapped my fingers all the f'n time2) some mice are bleeders3) that rare occasion where the trap gets one appendage and then the mouse pulls it around the house franticallygod mice are the suck
Get a cat. I live in the sticks and my mice issues are limited to picking up the corpses that my cat proudly lines up for me like the Valentine's Day massacre. This ain't shtick either. He's a meticulous killer. One morning I woke up to him waiting patiently by the side of the bed. He meowed, then led me to the kitchen were four mouse bodies were lined up in a row. In other news, I will never ever piss off my cat.

luckily those days are past, i live in a mouse free zone now

and ok, i dumped the dead mouse cup in the bushes of a church

i am not proud of that, but felt i needed to admit it

maybe it went to mouse heaven

luckily those days are past, i live in a mouse free zone now

and ok, i dumped the dead mouse cup in the bushes of a church

i am not proud of that, but felt i needed to admit it

maybe it went to mouse heaven
I want to believe.
every time i see American Tale I die a little inside. If only i had taken my cup out to the sink, that little mouse may still be alive!ok probably not, what's the lifespan of a mouse? couple of years?

Our cats keep our house rodent free. Of course they are indoor cats so the garage etc are free zones. Did I tell you guys about the time I found all the dog food in my car's air filter box?

'B-Deep said:
'Jeff Vader said:
'B-Deep said:
'Hawks64 said:
'B-Deep said:
Not much fun using a glue trap and finding a mouse still barely alive in that either (unless rodent torture is your thing)

'Marvin said:
Our cats keep our house rodent free. Of course they are indoor cats so the garage etc are free zones. Did I tell you guys about the time I found all the dog food in my car's air filter box?
When I first read that, I imagined some sort of feline CPAP machine. I might be sydlexic

Users who are viewing this thread