What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (3 Viewers)

SLBob>I'll take a gallon.This weekend I went to my parents' house for lunch. My mom was trying a new chicken teriyaki recipe. In her crockpot. I'm sure it was all innocent enough, but all I heard was "crockpot Kobayashi". I needed to be excused for a little while; no way was I going to 'splain why I was cracking up.
God knows I made enough. I used a pound each of chicken, andouille, crawfish & shrimp.I shouldn't cook on an empty stomach. :bag:

Shoulder sling, I'm in one. Pretty sure I'm broken good this time.
Bummer. How'd that happen? Hope they gave you some decent painkillers this time.
Too many overhand movements and my shoulder basically disintegrated. Painkillers are in. Miss was holding a heating pad against me and the 4 yr old was trying her best to keep me from moving around in bed. My hand/arm is completely numb but it amuses me that it flops when I try to move it.

Shoulder sling, I'm in one. Pretty sure I'm broken good this time.
Bummer. How'd that happen? Hope they gave you some decent painkillers this time.
Too many overhand movements and my shoulder basically disintegrated. Painkillers are in. Miss was holding a heating pad against me and the 4 yr old was trying her best to keep me from moving around in bed. My hand/arm is completely numb but it amuses me that it flops when I try to move it.
:X

I forgot to mention that 50% of the people in the 6:00 game and about 25% of the 9:00 game are deaf. I know this going in, but never seem to remember it. As a result, I try to break the ice at the tables with my many witticisms, and when I am met with silence, I always think, "Oooh, I'm at the serious player table". :bag:
what?

Guster, Homer, Shuke, or other Queen City people. Is this true?
Yes. I used to live right down the street from Superman.
The Superfriends didn't really live in the Hall of Justice did they?
No. Superman had a nice old Victorian on the East Side. Good guy. Immaculate lawn.
Oh yeah...right off of Himrod?
Did you google map the east side of Youngstown?

No. Superman had a nice old Victorian on the East Side. Good guy. Immaculate lawn.
No I have some weird encyclopedic knowledge of Mahoning County and the surrounding area.

'Tiger Fan said:
I forgot to mention that 50% of the people in the 6:00 game and about 25% of the 9:00 game are deaf. I know this going in, but never seem to remember it. As a result, I try to break the ice at the tables with my many witticisms, and when I am met with silence, I always think, "Oooh, I'm at the serious player table". :bag:
what?
Yeah, sorry, I could have been more clear. This freeroll game in which my husband and I participate each Monday night has a very large deaf attendance. It's really pretty cool and I've actually picked up some sign language along the way. About 50% of the players at the 6:00 seating are deaf. The 9:00 game, which actually counts for something, has a lot more players and so the deaf contingent is only about 25% of total players.

My point was just that, having only been to this poker night for three weeks, I keep forgetting about the deaf contingent. So when I get to the table, I make polite conversation and/or jokes. Then, when met with a stony silence, I immediately think that I'm at the Serious BusinessTM table.

Anyway, I didn't do much better with that explanation, but hope you're having a Happy Birthday!

No I have some weird encyclopedic knowledge of Mahoning County and the surrounding area.
So weird.

So weird.
Yeah it is weird. How's the pie over at Pastino's?

'Tiger Fan said:
what?
Yeah, sorry, I could have been more clear. This freeroll game in which my husband and I participate each Monday night has a very large deaf attendance. It's really pretty cool and I've actually picked up some sign language along the way. About 50% of the players at the 6:00 seating are deaf. The 9:00 game, which actually counts for something, has a lot more players and so the deaf contingent is only about 25% of total players.

My point was just that, having only been to this poker night for three weeks, I keep forgetting about the deaf contingent. So when I get to the table, I make polite conversation and/or jokes. Then, when met with a stony silence, I immediately think that I'm at the Serious BusinessTM table.

Anyway, I didn't do much better with that explanation, but hope you're having a Happy Birthday!
What nursing home is this held at?

:lmao: Perk of a tiny college was no grad student teachers and mostly understandable profs who knew us and vice versa. Pretty cool, actually. :thumbup:
I had to take some Ethics class for some goal (or maybe it was court ordered, I don't remember) and the instructor was some woman from 4th world dung-heap. To this day I have no idea where she was from. I think someone asked her and instead of telling us the country she gave the name of the tiny, one-donkey town she came from. You could understand maybe every 5th word out of her ethnically ambiguous mouth. I dropped that class and ended up taking a Philosophy class from the gay professor that made jokes everyday about his ex-wife and how stupid she was.

I shared a room in Memphis with my Religion professor for a wedding. I got him baked and we went to Graceland. Cool dude. The school didn't offer him tenure and it pissed me off so badly. I think he's at Wabash college now. Cool cool cool cool guy.

I shared a room in Memphis with my Religion professor for a wedding. I got him baked and we went to Graceland. Cool dude. The school didn't offer him tenure and it pissed me off so badly. I think he's at Wabash college now. Cool cool cool cool guy.
Let's investigate this weirdness a bit more.

I a sophomore in college looking to save a dollar; he a bearded, unkempt and jobless religious professor similarly looking to save a dollar. Two Millsapians, headed down a bumpy path towards fiscal responsibility.

I a sophomore in college looking to save a dollar; he a bearded, unkempt and jobless religious professor similarly looking to save a dollar. Two Millsapians, headed down a bumpy path towards fiscal responsibility.
You're supposed to start it off like "I'm a sophomore at a small, Southern college. I never thought anything like this would ever happ..."

'heckmanm said:
Better than Coldplay, that's for sure.
In honor of Tigerfan, I say we draft something. Cities? States? Rockbands? Condoms?

1.01 Amsterdam.
1.02 "Cigarette Dangles" The Pursuit of Happiness
1.03 Joe "King" Carrasco and the Crowns
I'm going to start a GMTAN recruiting drive. Quite frankly you people kind of suck.
Get wikkidpissah in here.
Ehhhh...

Users who are viewing this thread