What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (12 Viewers)

Neat game, Detroit.
Why aren't you rooting for the Giants again? Because your wife told you not to?
Other than betting Detroit heavily to win the series, I like that their manager smokes cigarettes.
I think a lot of dudes on the Giants smoke the funny cigarettes.We should've just bet with each other and eliminated the vig. :shrug:
Going to be a different story in Detroit, I think. I hope.

JR's asleep in his big boy bed for the first time in his life. It's freaking me out a little that he has freedom to roam the house at night now.
Start hiding...everything.
Thanks to the good advice in this thread, I will be certain to not leave the bag of dildoes laying around.
:lmao:
When I was a barfly, I used to pretend the barmaids wanted me. Anyway, one was telling me how her ferrets dragged out her bag of Dildo/vibrator gizmos when her future MIL was over for coffee.

JR's asleep in his big boy bed for the first time in his life. It's freaking me out a little that he has freedom to roam the house at night now.
Thanks to the good advice in this thread, I will be certain to not leave the bag of dildoes laying around.
When I was a barfly, I used to pretend the barmaids wanted me. Anyway, one was telling me how her ferrets dragged out her bag of Dildo/vibrator gizmos when her future MIL was over for coffee.
:lmao: Ferrets >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cats

Neat game, Detroit.
Other than betting Detroit heavily to win the series, I like that their manager smokes cigarettes.
I think a lot of dudes on the Giants smoke the funny cigarettes.We should've just bet with each other and eliminated the vig. :shrug:
4 out of 5 is a tall order. Detroit will have some advantage with the DH back in play (the Giants will use Huff, I guess?), and it's hard to imagine Verlander laying another egg like that, esp. at home. I wouldn't touch Detroit at their current price, I'm much happier to let SF +155 ride.Has anyone ever noticed that Alex Avila looks like that guy from Half Baked/Chappelle?http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/30115.png&w=350&h=254http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkcoobYUu8g

How many does one girl need?Dildos I mean, not ferrets.

Neat game, Detroit.
4 out of 5 is a tall order. Detroit will have some advantage with the DH back in play (the Giants will use Huff, I guess?), and it's hard to imagine Verlander laying another egg like that, esp. at home. I wouldn't touch Detroit at their current price, I'm much happier to let SF +155 ride.Has anyone ever noticed that Alex Avila looks like that guy from Half Baked/Chappelle?http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/30115.png&w=350&h=254http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkcoobYUu8g
Didn't San Francisco face an 0-2 hole or something against the Cards? IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELIEVE!

Two ferrets. No idea on the vag-toys

Last edited by a moderator:
'EYLive said:
'Uruk-Hai said:
'General Malaise said:
Some of them do different things, guy.

Tanner's taken over primarily responsibility of fighting with the blockheads in the Sons of Anarchy thread. Godspeed, good sir.
Which side of the argument is he on?
That the show has gone from low-brow/entertaining to absurd/stupid. Some people take issue with this, oddly.
Charming = murder capitolpolice = stumped
I always refer to Truck's assertion that the cops on SOA are pretty much just like the cops in the Grand Theft Auto universe.

Tanner's taken over primarily responsibility of fighting with the blockheads in the Sons of Anarchy thread. Godspeed, good sir.
Which side of the argument is he on?
That the show has gone from low-brow/entertaining to absurd/stupid. Some people take issue with this, oddly.
Charming = murder capitolpolice = stumped
I always refer to Truck's assertion that the cops on SOA are pretty much just like the cops in the Grand Theft Auto universe.
pretty much

'Marvin said:
...low and outside...Shelton lets that one go for ball 2...interesting fact about Shelton, in the off-season he doesn't play baseball...Grubsteak delivers, check-swing by Shelton...the umpire appeals to the first base ump...Crawford responds with the international jerk-off gesture...the count is now 2 and 2...the Padres start a two week long road trip on Tuesday...they'll be in...Shelton adjusts his cup...St. Louis, Chicago, and Omaha for some ####ing reason...Shelton fouls off a 4-seamer down the 3rd baseline, some gaywad falls over the railing trying to snag it with his beer cup...that reminds me, Troy, who do you think would win a fight between the San Diego Chicken and Big Bird?...hold that thought, Shelton fans at a 37 mile-an-hour change-up and loses one of his 3 Phiten necklaces in the process...
So, whose voice is everyone reading this to in their head?Vin Scully for me.

'Marvin said:
...low and outside...Shelton lets that one go for ball 2...interesting fact about Shelton, in the off-season he doesn't play baseball...Grubsteak delivers, check-swing by Shelton...the umpire appeals to the first base ump...Crawford responds with the international jerk-off gesture...the count is now 2 and 2...the Padres start a two week long road trip on Tuesday...they'll be in...Shelton adjusts his cup...St. Louis, Chicago, and Omaha for some ####ing reason...Shelton fouls off a 4-seamer down the 3rd baseline, some gaywad falls over the railing trying to snag it with his beer cup...that reminds me, Troy, who do you think would win a fight between the San Diego Chicken and Big Bird?...hold that thought, Shelton fans at a 37 mile-an-hour change-up and loses one of his 3 Phiten necklaces in the process...
Phil Rizzuto, with Paradise by the Dashboard Light playing in the background.

'Marvin said:
Easy - Jerry Van Dyke

'Good said:
'General Malaise said:
'Marvin said:
'General Malaise said:
Neat game, Detroit.
Thinking of firing up bettingguys.com.

'Marvin said:
:headexplode:

Rich Eisen claimed in his reddit AMA that ESPN never "forced" the anchors to talk about certain stories. they were given carte blanche to talk about hot stories of the day, or interesting angles on current stories.

how then to explain the daily Tim Tebow stories? every ####ing time i turn on ESPN or a sports highlights show there is a "new" Tebow "story".

gtfo with this bull####

'Marvin said:
:goodposting:

Rich Eisen claimed in his reddit AMA that ESPN never "forced" the anchors to talk about certain stories. they were given carte blanche to talk about hot stories of the day, or interesting angles on current stories.how then to explain the daily Tim Tebow stories? every ####ing time i turn on ESPN or a sports highlights show there is a "new" Tebow "story". gtfo with this bull####
He's the closest thing this world will ever see to a real life Jesus Christ. Don't you think that's a bit topical?

Rich Eisen claimed in his reddit AMA that ESPN never "forced" the anchors to talk about certain stories. they were given carte blanche to talk about hot stories of the day, or interesting angles on current stories.how then to explain the daily Tim Tebow stories? every ####ing time i turn on ESPN or a sports highlights show there is a "new" Tebow "story". gtfo with this bull####
FYI:http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/03/espn-to-doug-gottlieb-you-cant-talk-enough-tebow/

I guess a Final Update:Not much left to say. I left work early on Friday, got to the house and started packing up my stuff. I only took my clothes, personal hygiene stuff, beer and my computer. Things I am leaving behind for now are CDs, movies, books, my liquor cabinet and my golf clubs. Once I get my place, I will come back and get those. Everything else I am leaving behind for my kids. I have told my wife on any downsizing she does, let me know and if I need anything I will take it.About an hour into packing my stuff, my wife shows up by herself. We had a very good conversation, talking about plans, how we are going to split some stuff up, things we need to do for the kids. At one point she says, "I know I'm not good at this wife thing, but I can still be a kick ### mom." I told her I wanted her happy, needed her happy, so she could be that kick ### mom. We had some laughs, some inside jokes, some tears (more her than me, in fact she hates that I never cry and said "If you ever wanted to squeeze out a tear, now would be a good time). It was a true moment. Any other place and time it would have probably ended up with the sechs. Ironic, I know. We talked about how we are stuck together, no reason we can't be nice about this and help each other. She said her first ex-husband was very bad to her, and she didn't hate him, so there was no reason to hate me as I had never been bad to her at all. I finished packing up and headed out, texting her so she knew it was cool to bring the kids home. I saw the family 24 hours later at my son's baseball game where he played, I coached and my wife and daughter watched. Afterwards we went and got some dinner as a family and then went our seperate ways. It was nice. We will see each other on Monday for scouts and I will pick up my son for baseball practice on Thursday. A nice slow transition.Like I said, not much more to say. Still the actual divorce to happen and me getting a place, pretty boring stuff. I don't see any value (entertainment or otherwise) in posting about that.Thanks to all for the comments, well wishes, jokes, etc. This thread really helped me work through this whole situation. :banned: :thumbup:
Kind of funny this was almost a year to the day. Tonight is the Fall Festival at my kids' daycare. The highlight of their Halloween season. Last year's Fall Festival was the first public thing after our separation. It felt strange and awkward. Watching the Rangers lose Game 7 during it just seemed appropriate. Tonight's Fall Festival will be interesting. Instead of four of us tonight, there will be five, with my ex's fiancee in tow. I think he is dressing up as Tanner this year.They are off to Hawaii in 10 days to get married and I will be staying in their house watching my kids. Any and all shtick suggestions would be welcome.

FYI:http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/03/espn-to-doug-gottlieb-you-cant-talk-enough-tebow/
not surprised by this newsalso, when does Dan Patrick stop complaining about/taking shots at ESPN? move on, man. move on.

I guess a Final Update:Not much left to say. I left work early on Friday, got to the house and started packing up my stuff. I only took my clothes, personal hygiene stuff, beer and my computer. Things I am leaving behind for now are CDs, movies, books, my liquor cabinet and my golf clubs. Once I get my place, I will come back and get those. Everything else I am leaving behind for my kids. I have told my wife on any downsizing she does, let me know and if I need anything I will take it.About an hour into packing my stuff, my wife shows up by herself. We had a very good conversation, talking about plans, how we are going to split some stuff up, things we need to do for the kids. At one point she says, "I know I'm not good at this wife thing, but I can still be a kick ### mom." I told her I wanted her happy, needed her happy, so she could be that kick ### mom. We had some laughs, some inside jokes, some tears (more her than me, in fact she hates that I never cry and said "If you ever wanted to squeeze out a tear, now would be a good time). It was a true moment. Any other place and time it would have probably ended up with the sechs. Ironic, I know. We talked about how we are stuck together, no reason we can't be nice about this and help each other. She said her first ex-husband was very bad to her, and she didn't hate him, so there was no reason to hate me as I had never been bad to her at all. I finished packing up and headed out, texting her so she knew it was cool to bring the kids home. I saw the family 24 hours later at my son's baseball game where he played, I coached and my wife and daughter watched. Afterwards we went and got some dinner as a family and then went our seperate ways. It was nice. We will see each other on Monday for scouts and I will pick up my son for baseball practice on Thursday. A nice slow transition.Like I said, not much more to say. Still the actual divorce to happen and me getting a place, pretty boring stuff. I don't see any value (entertainment or otherwise) in posting about that.Thanks to all for the comments, well wishes, jokes, etc. This thread really helped me work through this whole situation. :banned: :thumbup:
Kind of funny this was almost a year to the day. Tonight is the Fall Festival at my kids' daycare. The highlight of their Halloween season. Last year's Fall Festival was the first public thing after our separation. It felt strange and awkward. Watching the Rangers lose Game 7 during it just seemed appropriate. Tonight's Fall Festival will be interesting. Instead of four of us tonight, there will be five, with my ex's fiancee in tow. I think he is dressing up as Tanner this year.They are off to Hawaii in 10 days to get married and I will be staying in their house watching my kids. Any and all shtick suggestions would be welcome.
Shampoo bottle. nufced.

'Captain Quinoa said:
'Frostillicus said:
Not quite. My mom walked in on us one time in their porch, and then a different time my dad found her panties on the floor of the condo we were sharing in Florida after we had sex on the beach.
My grandma walked in on my girlfriend and I in high school. Neighbors found her wandering the streets in her housecoat.
Did the sight of your naked bobbing butt make her catatonic

Last week I was contacted by an old client to come on as counsel on the eve of trial. It finished up today. Quite the ride to come into a case with four or five days to go before a 2-day trial, get up to speed on a three-foot high stack of docs, interview witnesses, and then try the dang thing. I think I may have a drink now.

:banned:

Last week I was contacted by an old client to come on as counsel on the eve of trial. It finished up today. Quite the ride to come into a case with four or five days to go before a 2-day trial, get up to speed on a three-foot high stack of docs, interview witnesses, and then try the dang thing. I think I may have a drink now. :banned:
Did you win?

Did timschochet get banned? It's been great around here lately. Well, not GREAT, but pretty much better than normal.

Last week I was contacted by an old client to come on as counsel on the eve of trial. It finished up today. Quite the ride to come into a case with four or five days to go before a 2-day trial, get up to speed on a three-foot high stack of docs, interview witnesses, and then try the dang thing. I think I may have a drink now. :banned:
Did you win?
WTF cares? Did you get paid?
You better have gotten paid a significant premium to jump into a case like that.

Did you win?
I'm all about justice, Bob.

From my text last night, this beer guy, proposed to Mrs. SLB last night much to the delight of the crowd. Love The King. :wub:
Bummed I'm not getting Alan Craig for $1 in fantasy next year. Secret's out. :(
Huh, found out today he was drafted right after my nephew. My link
An MLB draft seems like it would be really hard to prepare for. Have you ever thought about sponsoring his Baseball Reference or Baseball Cube page? I think it's fairly inexpensive to do so.

'Marvin said:
'Good said:
'General Malaise said:
'Marvin said:
'General Malaise said:
Neat game, Detroit.
I think a lot of dudes on the Giants smoke the funny cigarettes.
Pretty sure you can smoke out right there in the concourse at AT&T.
You have to go to the smoker's ghetto. No smoking in most of the part.

Did you win?
You better have gotten paid a significant premium to jump into a case like that.
Yeah, no kidding. And also, can I have some?

I got a very full retainer before entering an appearance.

I got the other parties to agree that we could do memos rather than closing arguments bc of my late entry. As a result we wont get a decision for a few weeks.

There are two claims against my client. Expect to successfully defend one, think on the other we are like 65/45 to win.

I got a very full retainer before entering an appearance.I got the other parties to agree that we could do memos rather than closing arguments bc of my late entry. As a result we wont get a decision for a few weeks. There are two claims against my client. Expect to successfully defend one, think on the other we are like 65/45 to win.
You make lawyering sound cool. Woz makes it sound like Nightcourt.

I got a very full retainer before entering an appearance.I got the other parties to agree that we could do memos rather than closing arguments bc of my late entry. As a result we wont get a decision for a few weeks. There are two claims against my client. Expect to successfully defend one, think on the other we are like 65/45 to win.
:thumbup:

'Marvin said:
'Good said:
'General Malaise said:
'Marvin said:
'General Malaise said:
Neat game, Detroit.
I think a lot of dudes on the Giants smoke the funny cigarettes.
Pretty sure you can smoke out right there in the concourse at AT&T.
You have to go to the smoker's ghetto. No smoking in most of the part.
I was talking about the reefer, man.

Users who are viewing this thread