What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (11 Viewers)

'Notorious T.R.E. said:
'Sheriff Bart said:
'General Malaise said:
'shuke said:
Hey guys. What's I miss?
:kicksrock:
It's always the worst when you're left out of these updates. I was already starting to get pissed off about it 3/4 of the way through, but then he basically said I'm fat and I felt... relieved.
I guess I just got lucky then.
I figured if Shuke missed your posts he just doesn't care anymore. Those stood alone. I don't even know how to summarize them.

hey Cos > how early is too early to get dropped off at the airport on Monday

looking at my options to see if i can get back home in time to pick my daughter up at school and it's not pretty :unsure:

hey Cos > how early is too early to get dropped off at the airport on Mondaylooking at my options to see if i can get back home in time to pick my daughter up at school and it's not pretty :unsure:
If need be, I will personally drive you to the airport as early as you need Monday, and probably head home from there myself.

Maybe I can join you guys via Facetime a la Stan?
Any chance you could do this with some other guy's wife's boobs in your face?
:lmao: I don't see me duplicating that any time soon.
'Notorious T.R.E. said:
'Sheriff Bart said:
'General Malaise said:
'shuke said:
Hey guys. What's I miss?
:kicksrock:
It's always the worst when you're left out of these updates. I was already starting to get pissed off about it 3/4 of the way through, but then he basically said I'm fat and I felt... relieved.
I guess I just got lucky then.
I figured if Shuke missed your posts he just doesn't care anymore. Those stood alone. I don't even know how to summarize them.
Yes......

Booked, so i'm going to Austin for the Super Bowl even if this thing falls through

Code:
Your Flight Information         Fri 01FEBLV 10:50am CINCINNATI           AR 12:21pm ATLANTA              DELTA 1520                                                                                        LV 1:55pm  ATLANTA              AR 3:20pm  AUSTIN       DELTA 2066Mon 04FEB                                               LV 8:00am  AUSTIN               AR 11:15am ATLANTA DELTA 1308                                                                                                LV 1:55pm  ATLANTA              AR 3:26pm  CINCINNATI DELTA 334

CosHole sounds awesome. Wish I could be there. :(
You're not going?
January and February are really dead months around here, so Super Bowl weekend will be pretty huge for me. Probably a grand over Saturday and Sunday. Combine the lost wages with airfare and lodging and that's a pretty expensive trip.
Cool, now I really want to go.
Words hurt, Brian.

You're not going?
January and February are really dead months around here, so Super Bowl weekend will be pretty huge for me. Probably a grand over Saturday and Sunday. Combine the lost wages with airfare and lodging and that's a pretty expensive trip.
Words hurt, Brian.
Sorry, Gatsby.

Code:
Fri, Feb 1, 2013 	Depart: 08:29 amArrive: 11:07 am 	Washington, DC (IAD)Austin, TX (AUS) 	 United, Flight 3631Economy   Class Operated byGOJET AIRLINES DBA UNITED EXPRESSNon-stop			Total Travel Time: 3 hrs 38 mins Seat request: 10C  Mon, Feb 4, 2013 Depart: 12:00 pmArrive: 04:02 pm 	Austin, TX (AUS)Washington, DC (IAD) 	 United, Flight 3627Economy   Class Operated byGOJET AIRLINES DBA UNITED EXPRESSNon-stop			Total Travel Time: 3 hrs 2 mins Seat request: 10C

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Cincinatti a Delta hub? Sucks to not get a direct flight.
Yeah, used to be a major hub and they've been deprioritized in recent yearsIt's nearly impossible to get a direct flight to anything but another hub it seemsSucks, but hey...I used Skymiles to book it, so I'm not complaining too much

Again, two free round trip tickets. Just rack up $2000 in purchases the first three months. Childs play for Mrs. SLB.

My link
I got 2 free round trip tickets just for signing up for a southwest card not too long ago. Without the $2000 restriction.Not sure if that's still available anywhere. Great deal though. Could cancel before they even charge you the $60 fee a year later.

Though I have yet to break the news to my wife and though I may not have a job at the end of this year and though my finances are in horrendous shape and though I probably should stay home, I will more than likely be at CosjobsUHole 2013. I'll just find a way to make it work. On top of wanting to hang out with all you fine folks and in addition to wanting to give my support to UH in whatever direction he chooses to take with this hideous cancer, I have some more reasons to get down to Texas soon. One of my dear friends from high school is battling brain tumors and hasn't been given a very good prognosis. In fact, it's very grim and he's not going to be around much longer. So I might stop in Dallas first to visit with him before coming down to Austin for the party and the fun.

:cry:

Though I have yet to break the news to my wife and though I may not have a job at the end of this year and though my finances are in horrendous shape and though I probably should stay home, I will more than likely be at CosjobsUHole 2013. I'll just find a way to make it work. On top of wanting to hang out with all you fine folks and in addition to wanting to give my support to UH in whatever direction he chooses to take with this hideous cancer, I have some more reasons to get down to Texas soon. One of my dear friends from high school is battling brain tumors and hasn't been given a very good prognosis. In fact, it's very grim and he's not going to be around much longer. So I might stop in Dallas first to visit with him before coming down to Austin for the party and the fun. :cry:
Crap. Sorry to hear, GB.

hey Cos > how early is too early to get dropped off at the airport on Mondaylooking at my options to see if i can get back home in time to pick my daughter up at school and it's not pretty :unsure:
Make the reservation you need. We'll get you there or buy u a cab.

Though I have yet to break the news to my wife and though I may not have a job at the end of this year and though my finances are in horrendous shape and though I probably should stay home, I will more than likely be at CosjobsUHole 2013. I'll just find a way to make it work. On top of wanting to hang out with all you fine folks and in addition to wanting to give my support to UH in whatever direction he chooses to take with this hideous cancer, I have some more reasons to get down to Texas soon. One of my dear friends from high school is battling brain tumors and hasn't been given a very good prognosis. In fact, it's very grim and he's not going to be around much longer. So I might stop in Dallas first to visit with him before coming down to Austin for the party and the fun. :cry:
Sorry to hear man. If you need a ride from Dallas, just let me know.

There's a big pasture near my house. This past week people have seen a pitbull in there (with a collar), wouldn't get near anyone. Yesterday, it attacks another dog and gets out of the gate and is loose in the neighborhood. We had a chopper circling our neighborhood for a dog, which was pretty weird. Dog's still out on the loose, apparently.

This past week, there have also been two car break-ins. My wife has a theory that someone's camped out in the brush and the dog is theirs, over in some thick brush. It seemed like a dumb theory at first, but it was pretty weird to have two break-ins in our neighborhood, which is pretty out-of-the-way.

Thinking about investigating around lunch time. Thoughts? Should I arm myself?

There's a big pasture near my house. This past week people have seen a pitbull in there (with a collar), wouldn't get near anyone. Yesterday, it attacks another dog and gets out of the gate and is loose in the neighborhood. We had a chopper circling our neighborhood for a dog, which was pretty weird. Dog's still out on the loose, apparently.

This past week, there have also been two car break-ins. My wife has a theory that someone's camped out in the brush and the dog is theirs, over in some thick brush. It seemed like a dumb theory at first, but it was pretty weird to have two break-ins in our neighborhood, which is pretty out-of-the-way.

Thinking about investigating around lunch time. Thoughts? Should I arm myself?
Yes, with a bigger pit bull.

If you flew into Dallas, I'm sure Bogart or Unialias would give you a ride down for the whole hole weekend here.

You're not going?
Words hurt, Brian.
Sorry, Gatsby.
No problem, Porta John Sail From Cast Away.**I don't know of any famous Barsfieldians. :shrug:

You're not going?
Words hurt, Brian.
Sorry, Gatsby.
No problem, Porta John Sail From Cast Away.**I don't know of any famous Barsfieldians. :shrug:
Hank Williams down?

You're not going?
Words hurt, Brian.
Sorry, Gatsby.
Hank Williams down?
Yes. For quite some time now.

You're not going?
Come stay a week. That way instead of losing $333 a day, you're only losing $143 a day. You get the ticket and I'll make sure you have a place to stay. I'll even let you be the official server over the weekend so you can rack up a few tips. If krista really comes and and with the expected generosity of the other guests, I'm sure you could clear $10-15.Uniform not provided

My link

You're not going?
Words hurt, Brian.
Sorry, Gatsby.
Hank Williams down?
:lmao:Frank GiffordEarl WarrenJoey PorterRyan MathewsBrock MarionKornBuck OwensMerle HaggardPrussian BlueBrandon Cruz Brent MorelKen Rutgers Hank Williams is not from Bakersfield

You're not going?
Words hurt, Brian.
Sorry, Gatsby.
Hank Williams down?
:lmao: Frank Gifford

Earl Warren

Joey Porter

Ryan Mathews

Brock Marion

Korn

Buck Owens

Merle Haggard

Prussian Blue

Brandon Cruz

Brent Morel

Ken Rutgers

Hank Williams is not from Bakersfield
I would've just omitted this. :lmao:

Sorry to hear GB. :(

You're not going?
Words hurt, Brian.
Sorry, Gatsby.
Hank Williams down?
:lmao: Frank Gifford

Earl Warren

Joey Porter

Ryan Mathews

Brock Marion

Korn

Buck Owens

Merle Haggard

Prussian Blue

Brandon Cruz

Brent Morel

Ken Rutgers

Hank Williams is not from Bakersfield
I would've just omitted this. :lmao:
Tell me about it. They even named a street after them. Technically it is an alleyway behind the arena but it's bad enough.The only reason I put them on that list was just in case EvilGrin showed up.

Day One of me watching my kids in my ex's house is also Day One of my mom being alone for the week. I just had this phone call:

Mom: Son...........there is a BIRD stuck in the house.

Me: :mellow:

Mom: I have been trying to get him out of here for the last three hours. Can I call Animal Control??

Me: Where is he in the house?

Mom: He is in the living room. Three hours!! I am scared of birds.

Me: Did you open the back door?

Mom: Yes, I opened the back door!!! He won't go out it, just gets behind it.

Me: :mellow: Did you open the FRONT door?

Mom: No, I just thought he came in the back door.......hang on.......OK, front door open. Shoo bird, shoo, no, don't sit on the door.....ummmm, OK he is gone. Guess I just needed to call you.

Me: Talk to you later. Love you. Now say it back.

Again, two free round trip tickets. Just rack up $2000 in purchases the first three months. Childs play for Mrs. SLB.

My link
I got 2 free round trip tickets just for signing up for a southwest card not too long ago. Without the $2000 restriction.Not sure if that's still available anywhere. Great deal though. Could cancel before they even charge you the $60 fee a year later.
Damn, that is a good deal. Just got a Chase Sapphire card 4-5 months ago that also started with 2 free round trip tickets. Plus you get an extra (7-8?%) of the points you've earned the previous year tacked on annually. A better deal I can't find. My plan is to take the family to Disney World on house money.
Should I arm myself?
bring a steak. that usually works in the movies.
Dog is not in the field. There's a gate for when they let horses graze and such, and he's outside of it now. What we could be dealing with is some kind of crazed vagrant.
I believe in California you are supposed to torch a couple thousand acres to take care of things like this.

Day One of me watching my kids in my ex's house is also Day One of my mom being alone for the week. I just had this phone call:

Mom: I have been trying to get him out of here for the last three hours. Can I call Animal Control??

Mom: No, I just thought he came in the back door.......hang on.......OK, front door open. Shoo bird, shoo, no, don't sit on the door.....ummmm, OK he is gone. Guess I just needed to call you.

:lol: should have told her to go buy a cat.

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread