What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (5 Viewers)

NYE wedding tonight. Should be pretty epic
Starting festivities in about at hour:1:00 race track for beers and gaming :banned: Came home +$6 (including 4 Blue Moons - WIN)

5ish - home to shower and get ready (shower :banned: ) Hoping to get a nap in

6:30 - LSU game starts :homer: :banned:

7:30 - wedding starts :banned:

Band stops at midnight, DJ til 2. bride/groom paid for busses to bring people home til four

:deadbanana:

Since I got a couple laughy faces I'll tell the story befOre I get more beer and taco bell.

tl/dr I crapped my pants visiting my brother when he was at school because I couldn't find the bathroom in the dorm at 4am. Sent them to the lobby.

So, now I have a pretty sexy pair of lacy thongs but I don't know whose they areThey could be someone in my building, but they could also be another visitor that I've had over in the last couple of weeks. There's been at least one other that it could be, so I'm not sure if I should hold onto them in case she asks about them or if I should randomly put them on the dryer downstairs :lmao:
Keep them, you never know when you might need them. :unsure:

TF - sounds like an awesome evening.

I was going to drink alone but my neighbor just called to say that he found an unexploded box of fireworks from a giant order we made two years ago so I will now be the kind of drunk hillbilly playing with explosives that often ends up in those Darwin awards emails.

Since I got a couple laughy faces I'll tell the story befOre I get more beer and taco bell.tl/dr I crapped my pants visiting my brother when he was at school because I couldn't find the bathroom in the dorm at 4am. Sent them to the lobby.
Go ahead and Guster this thing up a little bit.

Since I got a couple laughy faces I'll tell the story befOre I get more beer and taco bell.tl/dr I crapped my pants visiting my brother when he was at school because I couldn't find the bathroom in the dorm at 4am. Sent them to the lobby.
I was visiting my brother (year younger than i)when he was living in the dorms at the University of Iowa. We did the usual bar thing when some of my friends, who also go to Iowa, say they are having a house party, tell us to come by. On the way there, I push my brother into a prickly bush and I thought it was hilarious until he destroyed my eyebrow with a right hook. Needless to say I was covered in blood and should have gotten stitches, but I held the gas station rag to my eye and we were on our (about 5 of us) to my friends house party. We show up and my shirt is covered in blood and I'm holding a dirty rag to my face, and my friends are all like "what happened and ####!" then I told them what I just typed. So anyways, at this party, my brother and I decide to have a chocolate syrup chugging contest (who ever has 2 bottles of this?) and we end up getting chocolate all over theIr couch and are asked to leave. So we steal a case of beer from a frat house porch and sneak it into his dorm. Yada yada yada I end up wandering the dorm looking for the ####ter at 4am covered in blood and chocolate syrup. I ended up in the elevator room thingy and decided I cOuldnt hold it any longer. Took off my shorts and boxers and crapped into them on the floor. Sent them to the lobby. Woke up in the hallway, leaned up against some kids doorway, to him kicking me saying "mr. Are you okay?" with out any pants on, covered in blood and chocolate.

Anybody else going to be bored tonight? We got some snow so instead of spending the night with friends, we're going to our neighbors house. Mrs. SLB is paranoid about driving and worried about the weather. Probably the right call but still sucks.

Notice I rarely get texts anymore too. This whole thing run its course?
Try not to spend the whole time in the pisser, 'k?Happy New Year, GMTAN, how/wherever you're celebrating.

Since I got a couple laughy faces I'll tell the story befOre I get more beer and taco bell.

tl/dr I crapped my pants visiting my brother when he was at school because I couldn't find the bathroom in the dorm at 4am. Sent them to the lobby.
I was visiting my brother (year younger than i)when he was living in the dorms at the University of Iowa. We did the usual bar thing when some of my friends, who also go to Iowa, say they are having a house party, tell us to come by. On the way there, I push my brother into a prickly bush and I thought it was hilarious until he destroyed my eyebrow with a right hook. Needless to say I was covered in blood and should have gotten stitches, but I held the gas station rag to my eye and we were on our (about 5 of us) to my friends house party. We show up and my shirt is covered in blood and I'm holding a dirty rag to my face, and my friends are all like "what happened and ####!" then I told them what I just typed. So anyways, at this party, my brother and I decide to have a chocolate syrup chugging contest (who ever has 2 bottles of this?) and we end up getting chocolate all over theIr couch and are asked to leave. So we steal a case of beer from a frat house porch and sneak it into his dorm. Yada yada yada I end up wandering the dorm looking for the ####ter at 4am covered in blood and chocolate syrup. I ended up in the elevator room thingy and decided I cOuldnt hold it any longer. Took off my shorts and boxers and crapped into them on the floor. Sent them to the lobby. Woke up in the hallway, leaned up against some kids doorway, to him kicking me saying "mr. Are you okay?" with out any pants on, covered in blood and chocolate.
:lmao: How old are you?
Anybody else going to be bored tonight? We got some snow so instead of spending the night with friends, we're going to our neighbors house. Mrs. SLB is paranoid about driving and worried about the weather. Probably the right call but still sucks.

Notice I rarely get texts anymore too. This whole thing run its course?
Try not to spend the whole time in the pisser, 'k?Happy New Year, GMTAN, how/wherever you're celebrating.
:lmao: Oh I would love to spend the entire time in the bathroom. This is going to be lame x 10. Considering taking a Vicodin before going over. I'm guessing my wife will get mad if I wear sweat pants and top. Or decide not to shower today.

Will Ferrells mom in Step Brothers is hot for an older woman
she's been married to Terrence from Entourage and now Ted Danson.. Grade A Prime Grandma :thumbup: btw, story was pretty lame until you crapped the elevator. shocked some random was nice enough to wake u up before the cops were called.. Nice job :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
In a Farvesque act of self sacrifice and sincere dedication to prescription painkillers I have rallied to make it up 2 flights of stairs to the ACLU Theater to see the Willie Nelson snow.

In a Farvesque act of self sacrifice and sincere dedication to prescription painkillers I have rallied to make it up 2 flights of stairs to the ACLU Theater to see the Willie Nelson snow.
Technically, you're watching an "ACL Live at the Moody Theater" show. And, trust me. The Austin City Limits guys will get pissed if you claim that you're at an ACL show.

Awesome. Didn't know what ACLU was (except the obvious) but for bentley's post, but glad you made it!

Technically, you're watching an "ACL Live at the Moody Theater" show. And, trust me. The Austin City Limits guys will get pissed if you claim that you're at an ACL show.
Like I give a a ####. I'm not typing all that.

I thought you people were supposed to be jolly.

Perfect end to 2012... (file this under tl;dr...heIl, should probably just post it in the depression thread). This will be too long, too pathetic and completely a side of me that I'm not comfortable sharing usually. I'm not posting this for smypathy or support - more out of selfishness just to get this out of my head. Will likely Thorn this in the morning.

So, I had a couple party invites for tonight - one from more of an acquaintance and one from a work friend. I like the work friend and always have fun with her/that crew at happy hours, so figured I'd probably go to that one. Yeah, got canceled yesterday.

I've had a couple girls express an interest in being with me at midnight for their first kiss, but I have informed them that I'm not interested in that. Just too much drama and they like me way more than I like them. I don't want to lead them on because that would just be pouring gas on the fire.

That brings me to today, I try to figure out plans with my buddy - probably my closest friend in the city. I'm resigned to either bar hopping with him or staying at home, watching Netflix and drinking a bottle of champagne. By the time I'm done with work stuff after having my daughter all day (~7pm), he's finishing up dinner with his gf/fwb. He insists that I won't be a third wheel and that I should come out, she'll have some friends joining and it'll be fine. I figure that's more exciting than being home alone, so head out.

Yeah... After a couple hours, he decides he's done for the night and they head to his place, leaving me downtown, solo. That's just not my thing, so I'm currently back at home, starting my bottle of champagne. If I had known he would ditch me like that, I wouldn't have bothered to go out. I would have been fine staying in, but the fact that he hd me come out only to ditch me was wholly depressing.

Basically that is a microcosm of my year. I've posted plenty about my exploits with women here, but that is just a tiny part of me. That's machismo coated in bravado and isn't the "real" me. It's a fun ipersona that I play out in real life more often than I'd like.

Ok, time for the even more pathetic part... I've basically gotten to the pont where I feel like i dont have any real, true friends here in the city. I've got plenty of acquaintances and casual friends, but no one I can count on and no one that looks out for me.

When I was married, my ex hated hanging out with the people I worked with because we would usually end up talking about work when we were out drinking. We ended up hanging out with people she worked with because she liked them more. When we divorced, I basically had to start from ground zero on the friend front. I formed a new group of friends, met a girl that I dated for 2.5+ years and then when we split, yeah... she got all the friends again - turning many of my "buddies" against me through their wimmenz. That relationship ended towards the end of last year, so this was another year to start anew and find the true me.

I had formed a close friendship with my buddy that I hung out with tonight and a girl we worked with. He had known her for a year longer and was very close with her, but she and I just connected on a different level. Just instant best friends - pretty much the same passions/interest. (Funny aside, she's in India and just texted me to check in and make sure I'm having a good New Years ...) anyway - she moved to England in July and that threw the whole trio into a tailspin. She was the glue that held us together and things just sorta dissolved a bit. After a cooling off period, she and I have restarted the friendship. He and I hang out from to time, but I always have to initiate hanging out. He and he haven't talked in months.

God this is just ####### pathetic at this point.

Basically, this is a long winded way to say thank you to everyone in this thread.

I have friends that I grew up with that I can always count on, but the fine people of the GMTAN have helped me more than I could ever imagine.

From the parallel life I seem to live with my doppelgänger Zooks to the stories and connections I feel with so many in the confines of this thread, over PMs, emails, calls and texts. As pathetic as it may make me feel, you have helped me though a great many challenges in my life and I truly consider you my friends.

I love and appreciate all of you and wish you a happy, healthy 2013

ETA - the ex gf texted me about random #### over the last 15 min :wall:

Just waiting for the FWB to start texting about wanting to come over :no:

I thought you people were supposed to be jolly.
I thought you people were busy fornicating with your cousins in the pea patch. ETA. Happy new year

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect end to 2012... (file this under tl;dr...heIl, should probably just post it in the depression thread). This will be too long, too pathetic and completely a side of me that I'm not comfortable sharing usually. I'm not posting this for smypathy or support - more out of selfishness just to get this out of my head. Will likely Thorn this in the morning. So, I had a couple party invites for tonight - one from more of an acquaintance and one from a work friend. I like the work friend and always have fun with her/that crew at happy hours, so figured I'd probably go to that one. Yeah, got canceled yesterday. I've had a couple girls express an interest in being with me at midnight for their first kiss, but I have informed them that I'm not interested in that. Just too much drama and they like me way more than I like them. I don't want to lead them on because that would just be pouring gas on the fire. That brings me to today, I try to figure out plans with my buddy - probably my closest friend in the city. I'm resigned to either bar hopping with him or staying at home, watching Netflix and drinking a bottle of champagne. By the time I'm done with work stuff after having my daughter all day (~7pm), he's finishing up dinner with his gf/fwb. He insists that I won't be a third wheel and that I should come out, she'll have some friends joining and it'll be fine. I figure that's more exciting than being home alone, so head out. Yeah... After a couple hours, he decides he's done for the night and they head to his place, leaving me downtown, solo. That's just not my thing, so I'm currently back at home, starting my bottle of champagne. If I had known he would ditch me like that, I wouldn't have bothered to go out. I would have been fine staying in, but the fact that he hd me come out only to ditch me was wholly depressing. Basically that is a microcosm of my year. I've posted plenty about my exploits with women here, but that is just a tiny part of me. That's machismo coated in bravado and isn't the "real" me. It's a fun ipersona that I play out in real life more often than I'd like.Ok, time for the even more pathetic part... I've basically gotten to the pont where I feel like i dont have any real, true friends here in the city. I've got plenty of acquaintances and casual friends, but no one I can count on and no one that looks out for me. When I was married, my ex hated hanging out with the people I worked with because we would usually end up talking about work when we were out drinking. We ended up hanging out with people she worked with because she liked them more. When we divorced, I basically had to start from ground zero on the friend front. I formed a new group of friends, met a girl that I dated for 2.5+ years and then when we split, yeah... she got all the friends again - turning many of my "buddies" against me through their wimmenz. That relationship ended towards the end of last year, so this was another year to start anew and find the true me. I had formed a close friendship with my buddy that I hung out with tonight and a girl we worked with. He had known her for a year longer and was very close with her, but she and I just connected on a different level. Just instant best friends - pretty much the same passions/interest. (Funny aside, she's in India and just texted me to check in and make sure I'm having a good New Years ...) anyway - she moved to England in July and that threw the whole trio into a tailspin. She was the glue that held us together and things just sorta dissolved a bit. After a cooling off period, she and I have restarted the friendship. He and I hang out from to time, but I always have to initiate hanging out. He and he haven't talked in months. God this is just ####### pathetic at this point. Basically, this is a long winded way to say thank you to everyone in this thread. I have friends that I grew up with that I can always count on, but the fine people of the GMTAN have helped me more than I could ever imagine. From the parallel life I seem to live with my doppelgänger Zooks to the stories and connections I feel with so many in the confines of this thread, over PMs, emails, calls and texts. As pathetic as it may make me feel, you have helped me though a great many challenges in my life and I truly consider you my friends. I love and appreciate all of you and wish you a happy, healthy 2013
I'm too drunk and ADD to read all these words, but want to be supportive. So, keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars. And your stories amuse me, so keep posting those.

If it helps, a married girl that I used to work with has been texting me for the last 10 min. She moved away to a different location this fall, but will be coming back for a couple weeks sometime soon. She wants to "hang out" :unsure: :excited:

If it helps, a married girl that I used to work with has been texting me for the last 10 min. She moved away to a different location this fall, but will be coming back for a couple weeks sometime soon. She wants to "hang out" :unsure: :excited:
married? :no: what the #### is wrong with you? Serious question... do you ever intend to be the man you know you can be? :bag:

'Guster said:
Perfect end to 2012... (file this under tl;dr...heIl, should probably just post it in the depression thread). This will be too long, too pathetic and completely a side of me that I'm not comfortable sharing usually. I'm not posting this for smypathy or support - more out of selfishness just to get this out of my head. Will likely Thorn this in the morning. So, I had a couple party invites for tonight - one from more of an acquaintance and one from a work friend. I like the work friend and always have fun with her/that crew at happy hours, so figured I'd probably go to that one. Yeah, got canceled yesterday. I've had a couple girls express an interest in being with me at midnight for their first kiss, but I have informed them that I'm not interested in that. Just too much drama and they like me way more than I like them. I don't want to lead them on because that would just be pouring gas on the fire. That brings me to today, I try to figure out plans with my buddy - probably my closest friend in the city. I'm resigned to either bar hopping with him or staying at home, watching Netflix and drinking a bottle of champagne. By the time I'm done with work stuff after having my daughter all day (~7pm), he's finishing up dinner with his gf/fwb. He insists that I won't be a third wheel and that I should come out, she'll have some friends joining and it'll be fine. I figure that's more exciting than being home alone, so head out. Yeah... After a couple hours, he decides he's done for the night and they head to his place, leaving me downtown, solo. That's just not my thing, so I'm currently back at home, starting my bottle of champagne. If I had known he would ditch me like that, I wouldn't have bothered to go out. I would have been fine staying in, but the fact that he hd me come out only to ditch me was wholly depressing. Basically that is a microcosm of my year. I've posted plenty about my exploits with women here, but that is just a tiny part of me. That's machismo coated in bravado and isn't the "real" me. It's a fun ipersona that I play out in real life more often than I'd like.Ok, time for the even more pathetic part... I've basically gotten to the pont where I feel like i dont have any real, true friends here in the city. I've got plenty of acquaintances and casual friends, but no one I can count on and no one that looks out for me. When I was married, my ex hated hanging out with the people I worked with because we would usually end up talking about work when we were out drinking. We ended up hanging out with people she worked with because she liked them more. When we divorced, I basically had to start from ground zero on the friend front. I formed a new group of friends, met a girl that I dated for 2.5+ years and then when we split, yeah... she got all the friends again - turning many of my "buddies" against me through their wimmenz. That relationship ended towards the end of last year, so this was another year to start anew and find the true me. I had formed a close friendship with my buddy that I hung out with tonight and a girl we worked with. He had known her for a year longer and was very close with her, but she and I just connected on a different level. Just instant best friends - pretty much the same passions/interest. (Funny aside, she's in India and just texted me to check in and make sure I'm having a good New Years ...) anyway - she moved to England in July and that threw the whole trio into a tailspin. She was the glue that held us together and things just sorta dissolved a bit. After a cooling off period, she and I have restarted the friendship. He and I hang out from to time, but I always have to initiate hanging out. He and he haven't talked in months. God this is just ####### pathetic at this point. Basically, this is a long winded way to say thank you to everyone in this thread. I have friends that I grew up with that I can always count on, but the fine people of the GMTAN have helped me more than I could ever imagine. From the parallel life I seem to live with my doppelgänger Zooks to the stories and connections I feel with so many in the confines of this thread, over PMs, emails, calls and texts. As pathetic as it may make me feel, you have helped me though a great many challenges in my life and I truly consider you my friends. I love and appreciate all of you and wish you a happy, healthy 2013

'Sweet Feet said:
'Guster said:
married? :no: what the #### is wrong with you? Serious question... do you ever intend to be the man you know you can be? :bag:
Oh don't worry, moral code or not, she brings way too much drama to every situation than I'd ever want to deal with. Was just trying to lighten things up a bit, but guess I missed the mark

Don't delete it. It's a good yarn.

People, generally speaking, suck. I'm no Smoo or anything, but I usually err on the side of not bothering with them if given the choice.

This is definitely the alcohol talking but to all you people still doing the Gangham style in 2013 we were doing it in 1998-1999 but it was called the D-X chop in the WWF 1998-1999. Only we finished it with a 'SUCK IT' not a goofy dance :thumbup:

'Notorious T.R.E. said:
'cosjobs said:
Something is wrong with my leg. I can only raise it about three I inches and it hurts. Could barely get into the car. I had to use my hands to lift my leg over the wheelwell. I guess I need to sell my Willie Nelson nye tix
Sorry about your leg. PM Shuke for gout tips.
I love how this gout joke has gone so far that the guys who actually have gout are getting in on it.

'Annyong said:
'FDAS said:
'Annyong said:
Too awesome to be true.

Users who are viewing this thread