What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How angry would you be if you were Aaron Rodgers right now? (1 Viewer)

On a scale of 1-10, how angry would you be if you were Aaron Rodgers right now?

• 10 -- Postal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 6 -- Meh+

• 5 -- Meh

• 4 -- Meh-

• 1 -- Prancing through the daffodils

• Total voters
I voted 9. ALMOST blind mad pissed off.

Holding back just enough to try to go out and beat the old man on the field like he deserves.

I voted 5. I mean, I would understand that the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league, and I haven't done squat. To protect my long term future, I'd take the high road and tell the Packers that I have no problem with them welcoming Favre back even if it's as the starter. That would relieve some of the pressure that I'd be sure to face if Favre goes eleswhere. Let Favre play his year or two, maybe get the Packers to sign me to an early extension, and wait like I have been for the past two seasons. It could only help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted 5. I mean, I would understand that the NFL is a "what have I done for me lately" league, and I haven't done squat. To protect my long term future, I'd take the high road and tell the Packers that I have no problem with them welcoming Favre back even if it's as the starter. That would relieve some of the pressure that I'd be sure to face if Favre goes eleswhere. Let Favre play his year or two, maybe get the Packers to sign me to an early extension, and wait like I have been for the pass to seasons. It could only help.
Yeah, because if Favre ends up in Minnesota, I'm sure the notion of Favre starting against GB will be only a minor story if Rodgers handles it well in camp and the media will barely bring it up at all.

he probably is mad, but he shouldn't be. he was about to get a job he never earned. now he probably won't. it's the NFL, not little league soccer. everybody doesn't get a turn.

I voted 1. I don't think many players react to competition with anger. He'll have a chance to compete, which is all he's entitled to.

I voted 1. I don't think many players react to competition with anger. He'll have a chance to compete, which is all he's entitled to.
How do players react to a teammate turning their training camp into a soap opera and circus?
It depends. Steve Smith would probably react by punching him. Chad Johnson would react by kissing him. Pacman Jones would react by going to a strip club. I'm not sure about Aaron Rodgers, but he'll probably just try to play the best football he can.

Rodgers should collect his check and be happy he is going to get one more year in the league before he gets exposed.

How do players react to a teammate turning their training camp into a soap opera and circus?
It depends. Steve Smith would probably react by punching him. Chad Johnson would react by kissing him. Pacman Jones would react by going to a strip club. I'm not sure about Aaron Rodgers, but he'll probably just try to play the best he can.
Maybe Rodgers will give Smith a call (seeing as he has some free time now) and talk to him about handling a problem he's got with some competition. ;)

big boy players get excited b/c they have a better shot at winning. if they didn't want media attention, they picked the wrong profession.
Big boy players like to focus on preparing for the regular season opener, not a media circus where they get asked the same questions over and over and over and over and over again. Favre is creating a huge distraction due to his waffling about retirement. FYI the Brett Favre saga is not typical media attention.

Everyone assumes Brett will win this battle but there is one intangible. GB had moved on, adjusted their game plan for Rodgers and Rodgers has been at this since early spring. Favre will have to fit into the new plan if he wants to starts. I'm not saying he won't but it is not a give either.

I would be as angry as any mid-twenties multi-millionare professional athlete would be, but thanks for reminding me of my own defiencies and how angry that makes me.

Honestly, do you see this as an all even competition. For all the BS he has exposed us too with this whole situation, he is still one of the greatest of all time. That being said, how can you truly call what is going to take place in camp now a true competition. The only way Favre doesn't come up on top is if he blows out a knee or coughs up a lung in camp.By the by, I agree with your sentiments. Its just the manner and amount of nonsense that Rodgers has had to put up with here that makes me believe he has a right to be angry here.

:shrug: :eek: :D Waa! Someone has to compete for a starting position. Waa! :) :cry: :cry:

I'd bet Rodgers is no more pissed now than he was April 24, 2005.

If I were in the same position as Rodgers, I would be elated! I get paid some big bucks to practice playing football all week, awesome!

But I guess if I were hungry to prove myself and try to make an even bigger paycheck, yeah...Id be peeved.

To get millions of dollars to hold a clipboard, you're right ARs life is such a mess. I'm sure he's rethinking this whole multimillionaire NFL stuff. He made more money last year then you did in your entire life, the daily horrors of being AR.QBs can play a long time. He's been stuck behind a HOFer. When he has played he got hurt. AR should probably count his blessings, and hope his shot to start will come later rather then sooner. Because he's going to be a below average QB regardless. If he's lucky Favre will play all year, and he can sign a 20-30 million dollar extension without ever starting in the NFL. I'm not sure how he can sleep at night with those prospects waiting for him in the future. Ahh the stress of being a backup making millions. Backup QB duty in the NFL makes serving in Iraq look like a vacation. I’m surprised they FIND people to do that kind of work. Backup QB for 2-3 million a year is just below landscaper.

To get millions of dollars to hold a clipboard, you're right ARs life is such a mess. I'm sure he's rethinking this whole multimillionaire NFL stuff. He made more money last year then you did in your entire life, the daily horrors of being AR.QBs can play a long time. He's been stuck behind a HOFer. When he has played he got hurt. AR should probably count his blessings, and hope his shot to start will come later rather then sooner. Because he's going to be a below average QB regardless. If he's lucky Favre will play all year, and he can sign a 20-30 million dollar extension without ever starting in the NFL. I'm not sure how he can sleep at night with those prospects waiting for him in the future. Ahh the stress of being a backup making millions. Backup QB duty in the NFL makes serving in Iraq look like a vacation. I’m surprised they FIND people to do that kind of work. Backup QB for 2-3 million a year is just below landscaper.
:goodposting: You'd think the title of this thread was how angry are Aaron Rodgers' dynasty owners right now by the amount of 10 votes there are. If Rodgers expects the starting job to be handed to him on a silver platter he's even more of a #### than I thought.

maybe rodgers can callup jim sorgi and the 2 of them can work on getting the players union to install term limits for NFL QBs

(of course, sorgi would tell him to stop whining and hang up)

maybe rodgers can callup jim sorgi and the 2 of them can work on getting the players union to install term limits for NFL QBs(of course, sorgi would tell him to stop whining and hang up)
Jim Sorgi is lucky he ever made it to the NFL and never really had the expectation of starting.A bit different don't you think?

You play if you are better than the other guy - I would be pissed at the situation (I put a 7), but if you are that dam good - beat him out or get on the next train out and find someone you can beat.

I would be more disappointed than angry -- still, QBs can have a very long shelf life and it's not the worst thing in the world to be learning the ropes behind one of the all time greats for a few years. Steve Young did okay.

Everyone piling on Rodgers kind of surprises me. He has handled this situation a well as anyone could have. All he has ever said was that he was told he was the starter. Now many posters are just down on him for no reason. It sounds like allot people are very unhappy with their own lives.

Everyone piling on Rodgers kind of surprises me. He has handled this situation a well as anyone could have. All he has ever said was that he was told he was the starter. Now many posters are just down on him for no reason. It sounds like allot people are very unhappy with their own lives.
I think your last sentence is a bit extreme. I agree Rodgers has handled this very well so far. He's been professional. However, what I don't get is how people think he's somehow being wronged by being asked to do something thousands of players in the history of the league have been asked to do - compete for a starting job. Rodgers isn't being wronged. If he's the best guy for the job, he can prove that by beating out Favre in camp.Right now, I think his primary concern should be figuring out how he can complete a pass in the team's scrimmage tonight. After completeng his first one, he's tossing up an 0fer.

I think your last sentence is a bit extreme. I agree Rodgers has handled this very well so far. He's been professional. However, what I don't get is how people think he's somehow being wronged by being asked to do something thousands of players in the history of the league have been asked to do - compete for a starting job. Rodgers isn't being wronged. If he's the best guy for the job, he can prove that by beating out Favre in camp.Right now, I think his primary concern should be figuring out how he can complete a pass in the team's scrimmage tonight. After completeng his first one, he's tossing up an 0fer.
Yes, but my point is Rodgers has never said he has been wronged or did I miss that link.

My take on Rodgers is based on this premise: after the couple of years Favre had in 2005 and 2006, I don't think the Packers would have been eager for him to come back at all if they thought they had anything in Rodgers. I don't think this has anything to do with anything he has said or done this offseason. It's just a matter of me speculating that he has a limited shelf life once we see his play and Favre beating him out this year extends it by one year.

I'm not saying Rodgers shouldn't compete for his job, but the guy just has a black cloud following him around or something. First he falls down the draft board and had to be devastated. The "upside" was that he would get to learn from one of the best all time. Ok, fine, he thinks. Then he gets some playing time and gets injured. Sucks. Then he does all that and thinks he finally has his shot and then this soap opera. I would say he has to be quite upset. Justified or not, the guy is only human and has to be frustrated. Despite having a stupendous job any professional athlete worth his (or her) salt wants to be OUT THERE not sitting holding a clipboard thinking "this is great, i'm getting paid to hold a clipboard". We think that about him, but he must want to be out there as the starter imo.

I voted '2'.

I am sure he was disappointed on several levels, but am sophisticated enough the understand the difference between that and anger.

I also grok that Rodgers knows how amazing a player Favre has been and know that when Favre was being touted as washed up 2 and 3 years ago it was bullwhootie.

So as disappointed as anyone who really wants to play football. Rodgers wants to do what he loves...play football.

Angry? Go buy a vowel and trade it for a clue.

I think he's pretty mad. 8 or 9. He's been stating in interviews that he expected to be the starter and the Packer organization has moved on with Favre.

Didn't he say in the interview with Jim Rome that there was a 0% shot of Favre being the starter next year? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread