What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How angry would you be if you were Aaron Rodgers right now? (2 Viewers)

On a scale of 1-10, how angry would you be if you were Aaron Rodgers right now?

• 10 -- Postal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 6 -- Meh+

• 5 -- Meh

• 4 -- Meh-

• 1 -- Prancing through the daffodils

• Total voters
from PFW... “Aaron Rodgers had a lot of audacity to tell fans, ‘Get on board or shut the hell up.’ He has not won a game in the NFL! You want to talk about an ironic situation to be in. (Mike) McCarthy was the lead proponent of drafting (Alex) Smith over (Aaron) Rodgers when he was in San Francisco (as the offensive coordinator). Now he’s in Green Bay, going into the season with Rodgers being the guy. McCarthy did not like Rodgers’ personality at all, did not think he was a leader. He thought he was too ‘into himself.’ I think that’s why Favre never warmed up to him and has never liked him — because of those qualities.”
But if you listen to everyone, he "handled this situation like a true champ". I don't really find it hard to do this when you have been given a script and are told to just follow the script which is exactly what he did. Maybe he's just a better actor that most people thought, big whoopedy dooo. On the other hand if/when Mike Vick comes back and comes off as handling all the questions that will come his way as well as Rodgers then I will give him some real credit. Example of questions for Rodgers/Vick"Hey Aaron, is this a distraction for your team"vs. "Hey Mike, we think you are a POS and should rot in hell, is this a distraction to your team"and"Hey Aaron, we all feel just awful for you, you have been through so much, How are you handling the pressure"vs."Hey Mike, you belong in prison, we all hate you, How are you handling the pressure"Real tough for Aaron. It's been so hard on Aaron with the media telling him how rough life is on him, he stuck to a script, wow, what a guy. :lmao:
What the hell does Rodgers have to do with Michael Vick?Your dislike for Rodgers is laughable.
I have made a negative comment towards Rodgers in a post about 4-5 times, you made negative comments towards Favre about 4000-5000 times, so if my dislike is laughable, what is yours? Insane, crazy, wack, what word would you use?

If I was Aaron Rodgers, I would be extremely happy. I could live in the imaginery world where people still think I will turn out to be a good QB -- and might even be able to negotiate a new high paying contract before I have to start a game -- and before anyone finds out that I am not going to be a successful QB in the NFL.

from PFW... “Aaron Rodgers had a lot of audacity to tell fans, ‘Get on board or shut the hell up.’ He has not won a game in the NFL! You want to talk about an ironic situation to be in. (Mike) McCarthy was the lead proponent of drafting (Alex) Smith over (Aaron) Rodgers when he was in San Francisco (as the offensive coordinator). Now he’s in Green Bay, going into the season with Rodgers being the guy. McCarthy did not like Rodgers’ personality at all, did not think he was a leader. He thought he was too ‘into himself.’ I think that’s why Favre never warmed up to him and has never liked him — because of those qualities.”
But if you listen to everyone, he "handled this situation like a true champ". I don't really find it hard to do this when you have been given a script and are told to just follow the script which is exactly what he did. Maybe he's just a better actor that most people thought, big whoopedy dooo. On the other hand if/when Mike Vick comes back and comes off as handling all the questions that will come his way as well as Rodgers then I will give him some real credit. Example of questions for Rodgers/Vick"Hey Aaron, is this a distraction for your team"vs. "Hey Mike, we think you are a POS and should rot in hell, is this a distraction to your team"and"Hey Aaron, we all feel just awful for you, you have been through so much, How are you handling the pressure"vs."Hey Mike, you belong in prison, we all hate you, How are you handling the pressure"Real tough for Aaron. It's been so hard on Aaron with the media telling him how rough life is on him, he stuck to a script, wow, what a guy. :thumbdown:
What the hell does Rodgers have to do with Michael Vick?Your dislike for Rodgers is laughable.
I have made a negative comment towards Rodgers in a post about 4-5 times, you made negative comments towards Favre about 4000-5000 times, so if my dislike is laughable, what is yours? Insane, crazy, wack, what word would you use?
In other words...you have no freakin clue why you brought up Vick with Rodgers.Thanks.Got those numbers on when Ted's eyes showed he was lying yet?

I voted 1. I don't think many players react to competition with anger. He'll have a chance to compete, which is all he's entitled to.
How do players react to a teammate turning their training camp into a soap opera and circus?
big boy players get excited b/c they have a better shot at winning. if they didn't want media attention, they picked the wrong profession.
Big boy players like to focus on preparing for the regular season opener, not a media circus where they get asked the same questions over and over and over and over and over again. Favre is creating a huge distraction due to his waffling about retirement. FYI the Brett Favre saga is not typical media attention.
Players like to win, but why would anyone assume that this soap opera is going to help them win?I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see the Pack fall apart the first half of the year.Not only could Rodgers be pissed, any Packer player (except maybe Jennings and Driver) has a right to be. If I'm Rodgers, heading into the last year of my contract (even if I would be RFA), I'm asking for a trade behind closed doors. Send me to the Jets or 49ers.
Rodgers is under contract through 2009. Are you saying he should ask for a trade next offseason? The starting job might be his by then if he wins it, Favre gets hurt, Favre plays poorly, Favre is traded, or Favre retires for good next offseason. Seems like an odd time to request a trade...

But if you listen to everyone, he "handled this situation like a true champ". I don't really find it hard to do this when you have been given a script and are told to just follow the script which is exactly what he did. Maybe he's just a better actor that most people thought, big whoopedy dooo. On the other hand if/when Mike Vick comes back and comes off as handling all the questions that will come his way as well as Rodgers then I will give him some real credit. Example of questions for Rodgers/Vick"Hey Aaron, is this a distraction for your team"vs. "Hey Mike, we think you are a POS and should rot in hell, is this a distraction to your team"and"Hey Aaron, we all feel just awful for you, you have been through so much, How are you handling the pressure"vs."Hey Mike, you belong in prison, we all hate you, How are you handling the pressure"Real tough for Aaron. It's been so hard on Aaron with the media telling him how rough life is on him, he stuck to a script, wow, what a guy. :bowtie:
In other words...you have no freakin clue why you brought up Vick with Rodgers.Thanks.Got those numbers on when Ted's eyes showed he was lying yet?
I felt like answering your 2nd "not too smart"(don't want trouble) comment first, sorry about that. You HATE Favre and it's hilarious, how's that.Now back to your other "not too smart" question, what does Vick have to do with Rodgers... Well, not much as you should know, I never said they have anything to do with one another. I think it was very easy a 3rd grader would have gotten my point. To repeat myself in a "watered down so a not so smart person can understand" version you "might" understand. The point was it is not difficult for Rodgers to answer softball questions from media when he has been given a script and all the reporters are acting like they feel sorry for the guy. On the other hand if a person like Vick were to answer questions, the media would be asking him with venom in their veins and hatred for the guy and if he could answer the questions and satisfy the media that would take some skill. Answering questions that are asked of you very nicely and giving canned responses isn't too difficult. Do you get it yet? If you don't then ask someone to come over your house and explain it to you. :wall:

I felt like answering your 2nd "not too smart"(don't want trouble) comment first, sorry about that. You HATE Favre and it's hilarious, how's that.Now back to your other "not too smart" question, what does Vick have to do with Rodgers... Well, not much as you should know, I never said they have anything to do with one another. I think it was very easy a 3rd grader would have gotten my point. To repeat myself in a "watered down so a not so smart person can understand" version you "might" understand. The point was it is not difficult for Rodgers to answer softball questions from media when he has been given a script and all the reporters are acting like they feel sorry for the guy. On the other hand if a person like Vick were to answer questions, the media would be asking him with venom in their veins and hatred for the guy and if he could answer the questions and satisfy the media that would take some skill. Answering questions that are asked of you very nicely and giving canned responses isn't too difficult. Do you get it yet? If you don't then ask someone to come over your house and explain it to you. :X
Whats hilarious is that you think I hate Favre.I don't. He remains my favorite player of all time.I hate how he has handled himself in this retirement/unretirement.The team, while not looking much better...has handled it a bit better IMO.As for my "not too smart question"? Way to avoid calling it or me stupid...but still getting your point accross.Sorry if you think me trying to keep you honest is a trouble making thing...but you were the one who made claims about Thompson's eyes saying he was lying...I pretty much blew your claim out of the water which caused you to backpedal just a bit...but still make the claim.I even linked the video, with a time where Thompson addressed the topic...and showed you his eyes were forward. You came back with nothing.Its laughable.As for Rodgers...what made you think any of his answers were from a script? And I would not call most of the questions he has been getting "softballs".Even bringing Vick up was pointless IMO and just another way for you to bash Aaron Rodgers...really for no good reason.

Now back to your other "not too smart" question, what does Vick have to do with Rodgers... Well, not much as you should know, I never said they have anything to do with one another. I think it was very easy a 3rd grader would have gotten my point. To repeat myself in a "watered down so a not so smart person can understand" version you "might" understand. The point was it is not difficult for Rodgers to answer softball questions from media when he has been given a script and all the reporters are acting like they feel sorry for the guy. On the other hand if a person like Vick were to answer questions, the media would be asking him with venom in their veins and hatred for the guy and if he could answer the questions and satisfy the media that would take some skill. Answering questions that are asked of you very nicely and giving canned responses isn't too difficult. Do you get it yet? If you don't then ask someone to come over your house and explain it to you. :wall:
Maybe try the second grade version Chachi as I still can't tell what the hell your point is.fyi - this thread is a purely hypthetical discussion. Rodgers has not remotely indicated any anger nor has he even hinted he considers himself a victim in any of this.

AR should be angry that he's a jeff tedford QB.

Sunday night, AR went 7 for 20, with an INT in the endzone. And he was wearing a red shirt. *lol* If you can't complete 50% of your passes when you don't have to worry about a rush or getting hit? *lol*

Favre just saved the Packers, and Rodgers from a very long season. The guy just isn't very good. Plus he's made of glass. But the outrage!!!!

Whats hilarious is that you think I hate Favre.

I don't. He remains my favorite player of all time.

I hate how he has handled himself in this retirement/unretirement.

The team, while not looking much better...has handled it a bit better IMO.
Serious question: Assume for the moment that Favre felt pressured to retire in March, and then had second thoughts and wanted to come back to the Packers. How should he have handled it?My impression is that he went back channel through McCarthy and Thomson early - they were either not convinced he was serious, or simply wanted to move on, and never had a serious discussion with Favre about coming back.

So, Favre lets it be known publicly that he wants back - make sure that the Packers know he is serious. At some point, he probably thought that if the Packers really did not want him back they would release him, and he could go play where he wanted - presumably Minnesota.

He never faxed in his paperwork to give the team an opportunity to make a deal without the distraction of Favre showing up in camp. He waited until the last minute to actual file because up until then the Packers did not appear to take him seriously.

If he was really being an ### about this - he would have filed his paperwork early and been at camp on Day 1, and you would have had a media circus, a divided fan base, and a divided team. Instead he gave the Packers every opportunity to make a move to avoid that mess.

If he really is not better than Aaron Rodgers - how much could he hurt you on any other team? The term addition by subtraction seems to fit here, if the Packers really thought Rogers was the better QB. Everyone who cries that it would not be fair to release Favre are just arguing for the sake of arguing. You can't claim on one hand he is worse than your QB with no starting experience, and on the other hand claim he is so valuable that the organization will be irreparably harmed if he is allowed to go to an arch-rival.

Contrast that with the Packers who could have nipped this in the bud back in early July by either welcoming Favre back with open arms, working out a trade, or simply releasing Favre. They have dragged their feet the entire way. At some point it shoudl have been clear to them that Favre wanted to play. The last minute bribe was just the latest clumsy step (until the hired good ole' Ari) in how they have mishandled this situation.

I voted 1. I don't think many players react to competition with anger. He'll have a chance to compete, which is all he's entitled to.
How do players react to a teammate turning their training camp into a soap opera and circus?
big boy players get excited b/c they have a better shot at winning. if they didn't want media attention, they picked the wrong profession.
So you're arguing that Aaron Rodgers' mindset is as follows:"I was named the starter, but now I'm excited because I'm no longer the starter but will have to outperform Brett Favre during the preseason, and that means I have a better shot at winning."

Are you serious?
You need to remember that these guys are professionals and Rodgers has had 4 years of wondering if he was going to be the starter. I think he's use to it by now. If I were Rodgers I would be thankful that I have an opportunity to get paid millions of $$ to play a game. I'm not saying he should be happy, just saying he probably isn't as pi$$ed as some on the message board because he's a professional. What ever happens he will get over it and it will probably make him a stronger person in the end.
Easy for you to say. He's past the point of diminishing marginal returns as far as learning from the sidelines, and he's getting ready to reach the end of his rookie contract without having proven a thing on the field. Your "it builds character" speech rings pretty hollow under those circumstances.
No it doesn't. I've worked in many upper level management positions where I was in someone elses shadow, it happens everyday. The circumstances are what they are, he has been a backup and hasn't proven anything on the field, agreed. Who's fault is that? Not every player is put in these situations but some are, and the ones who have character are the ones who dont complain. Rodgers has done everything right in his career up to this point. When Young went to the 49ers did he complain when he had to back up Montana for 4 years? He waited until he got his chance and then proved it on the field. Rodgers is doing just as Young did, he's plaing the hand he's been dealt, that's all he can do. I'm assuming you're a GB fan, are you willing to risk the season (playoffs) gambling that Rodgers makes this team better than Favre would?Personally I think that GB wants Rodgers to have the job because if they don't give it to him they will then risk Rodgers going somewhere else when he becomes a free agent. Chances are though he will shop the market and he may go to another team anyway. The Packers should be looking out for what makes them a contender this season. If they honestly believe that Rodgers makes them a better football team now then they should cut Favre lose, no hard feelings.

Personally I can't wait until this traveling circus comes to Seattle on Oct. 12th!!!
Dude, this is just a little bit different than your graveyard shift work at Taco World.

I felt like answering your 2nd "not too smart"(don't want trouble) comment first, sorry about that. You HATE Favre and it's hilarious, how's that.Now back to your other "not too smart" question, what does Vick have to do with Rodgers... Well, not much as you should know, I never said they have anything to do with one another. I think it was very easy a 3rd grader would have gotten my point. To repeat myself in a "watered down so a not so smart person can understand" version you "might" understand. The point was it is not difficult for Rodgers to answer softball questions from media when he has been given a script and all the reporters are acting like they feel sorry for the guy. On the other hand if a person like Vick were to answer questions, the media would be asking him with venom in their veins and hatred for the guy and if he could answer the questions and satisfy the media that would take some skill. Answering questions that are asked of you very nicely and giving canned responses isn't too difficult. Do you get it yet? If you don't then ask someone to come over your house and explain it to you. :banned:
Whats hilarious is that you think I hate Favre.I don't. He remains my favorite player of all time.I hate how he has handled himself in this retirement/unretirement.The team, while not looking much better...has handled it a bit better IMO.As for my "not too smart question"? Way to avoid calling it or me stupid...but still getting your point accross.Sorry if you think me trying to keep you honest is a trouble making thing...but you were the one who made claims about Thompson's eyes saying he was lying...I pretty much blew your claim out of the water which caused you to backpedal just a bit...but still make the claim.I even linked the video, with a time where Thompson addressed the topic...and showed you his eyes were forward. You came back with nothing.Its laughable.As for Rodgers...what made you think any of his answers were from a script? And I would not call most of the questions he has been getting "softballs".Even bringing Vick up was pointless IMO and just another way for you to bash Aaron Rodgers...really for no good reason.
Both of you please turn it way down.TIA.J

Serious question: Assume for the moment that Favre felt pressured to retire in March, and then had second thoughts and wanted to come back to the Packers. How should he have handled it?
Not through the media...with all of these leaks and crap. Go up there...sit down with McCarthy and Thompson. None of this "I might want to come back" crap. Just a "I want to come back"...what can we do.
My impression is that he went back channel through McCarthy and Thomson early - they were either not convinced he was serious, or simply wanted to move on, and never had a serious discussion with Favre about coming back.So, Favre lets it be known publicly that he wants back - make sure that the Packers know he is serious. At some point, he probably thought that if the Packers really did not want him back they would release him, and he could go play where he wanted - presumably Minnesota.
He went publicly...and was wishy washy even in his softball interview with Greta. Alot of mights and maybes. But nothing solid.
He never faxed in his paperwork to give the team an opportunity to make a deal without the distraction of Favre showing up in camp. He waited until the last minute to actual file because up until then the Packers did not appear to take him seriously. If he was really being an ### about this - he would have filed his paperwork early and been at camp on Day 1, and you would have had a media circus, a divided fan base, and a divided team. Instead he gave the Packers every opportunity to make a move to avoid that mess.
I think he was being an ### about it...there was already a media circus...already a divided fan base.They only way to avoid the mess he gave them was to release him...which he knew damn well they would not do from a business standpoint.
If he really is not better than Aaron Rodgers - how much could he hurt you on any other team? The term addition by subtraction seems to fit here, if the Packers really thought Rogers was the better QB. Everyone who cries that it would not be fair to release Favre are just arguing for the sake of arguing. You can't claim on one hand he is worse than your QB with no starting experience, and on the other hand claim he is so valuable that the organization will be irreparably harmed if he is allowed to go to an arch-rival.
it was never about if he was better than Aaron Rodgers...it has already been about is he better than Tarvaris Jackson.Nobody was claiming he was worse than Rodgers...that is the problem with your argument right now.
Contrast that with the Packers who could have nipped this in the bud back in early July by either welcoming Favre back with open arms, working out a trade, or simply releasing Favre. They have dragged their feet the entire way. At some point it shoudl have been clear to them that Favre wanted to play. The last minute bribe was just the latest clumsy step (until the hired good ole' Ari) in how they have mishandled this situation.
And he could have nipped this in the bud by doing it back in March when he said he was ready to and they were ready for him.Or in May when Thompson was down there with him.Or the numerous other times he supposedly confirmed to the team through McCarthy or Campen that he was staying retired.Instead...his agent was throwing out feelers, he was talking to Childress and Bevell and leaking reports to the media.Including this weekends reports that he was going to take the deal then that he was coming back.It was almost as if he was working Wendy Nix and Ed Werder to gauge the public reaction.

So you're arguing that Aaron Rodgers' mindset is as follows:"I was named the starter, but now I'm excited because I'm no longer the starter but will have to outperform Brett Favre during the preseason, and that means I have a better shot at winning."

Are you serious?
You need to remember that these guys are professionals and Rodgers has had 4 years of wondering if he was going to be the starter. I think he's use to it by now. If I were Rodgers I would be thankful that I have an opportunity to get paid millions of $$ to play a game. I'm not saying he should be happy, just saying he probably isn't as pi$$ed as some on the message board because he's a professional. What ever happens he will get over it and it will probably make him a stronger person in the end.
Easy for you to say. He's past the point of diminishing marginal returns as far as learning from the sidelines, and he's getting ready to reach the end of his rookie contract without having proven a thing on the field. Your "it builds character" speech rings pretty hollow under those circumstances.
No it doesn't. I've worked in many upper level management positions where I was in someone elses shadow, it happens everyday. The circumstances are what they are, he has been a backup and hasn't proven anything on the field, agreed. Who's fault is that? Not every player is put in these situations but some are, and the ones who have character are the ones who dont complain. Rodgers has done everything right in his career up to this point. When Young went to the 49ers did he complain when he had to back up Montana for 4 years? He waited until he got his chance and then proved it on the field. Rodgers is doing just as Young did, he's plaing the hand he's been dealt, that's all he can do. I'm assuming you're a GB fan, are you willing to risk the season (playoffs) gambling that Rodgers makes this team better than Favre would?Personally I think that GB wants Rodgers to have the job because if they don't give it to him they will then risk Rodgers going somewhere else when he becomes a free agent. Chances are though he will shop the market and he may go to another team anyway. The Packers should be looking out for what makes them a contender this season. If they honestly believe that Rodgers makes them a better football team now then they should cut Favre lose, no hard feelings.

Personally I can't wait until this traveling circus comes to Seattle on Oct. 12th!!!
Dude, this is just a little bit different than your graveyard shift work at Taco World.
Tatum Bell, Is this what you do? I post a well thought out response to your argument, I gave you a comparison to a former player in this situation as well as how it relates to real world with my situation and the thing you focus on is my comparison? Attmpting to take a cheap shot to discredit my point? All that tells me is that you have nothing to offer to this thread and are choosing to take cheap shots at those who have a general interest. As far as my personal career or anyone in the business world, the argument is similar. It's no different if you have ambition and want to showcase your skills but have to wait in someone elses shadow for that to happen. It happens all the time and for that I don't feel sorry for Rodgers!

BTW I would happily accept a position working the graveyard shift at TB if they would pay my current salary, but I don't think they pay their nightshift over 200K per year. Nice try though.

North said:

Are you serious?

Tatum Bell, Is this what you do? I post a well thought out response to your argument, I gave you a comparison to a former player in this situation as well as how it relates to real world with my situation and the thing you focus on is my comparison? Attmpting to take a cheap shot to discredit my point? All that tells me is that you have nothing to offer to this thread and are choosing to take cheap shots at those who have a general interest. As far as my personal career or anyone in the business world, the argument is similar. It's no different if you have ambition and want to showcase your skills but have to wait in someone elses shadow for that to happen. It happens all the time and for that I don't feel sorry for Rodgers!

BTW I would happily accept a position working the graveyard shift at TB if they would pay my current salary, but I don't think they pay their nightshift over 200K per year. Nice try though.
The quickest way to discredit your arguments here is to compare your career to that of a pro QB, especially when you're talking about leadership and overall perception as to how you do your job. How many tens of thousands of fans watch you do your job? Do they debate whether your or your assistant should be the top guy on message boards? Are there fantasy manager leagues in your line of work? Do you posterize opposing employees regularly? The only cheap shot here was your attempt to use your line of work - a line of work that you never actually defined, BTW - to substantiate an argument you made about Aaron Rodgers' career. Save it.

Didn't read the thread, but here's my 2 cents.

I have some small sympathy for him that a couple of times he thought he might start, but hasn't.

However, I have no sympathy for him that he hasn't started. There's been a better QB on the roster. The NFL, the Packers, the fans, and the universe do not owe Aaron Rodgers a starting spot, and I think he needs to accept that. If he can't beat out the other QBs on the roster, whoever they are, he doesn't deserve to start.

Now if he is in fact a much better QB than Favre is today, and he is showing this most every day in practice, and the starting job is handed to someone who is performing less, then he would deserve to be upset. I'm not aware this is the case, however.

So as is stands, frustrated I can understand because of how many times he's gone through it. But angry? No, he has no cause to be angry that the starting job each year wasn't being handed to him without him earning it by beating out everyone else on the roster.

per ESPN ticker just now, Favre said a QB competition isn't best for the team and Rodgers will be the starter.

Users who are viewing this thread