What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yo (2 Viewers)

Have you ever gone back and reread this thread? See things differently?
I haven't re-read the whole thing, but I've re-read the first few pages here and there and honestly it just brings me back to how hurt I was at the time. I was such a complete mess back then and now... not so much.

Glad Rusty got some action. You made him sound like a total ug.

Is Alyssa single? I say go after her...you are meant to be. #yolo.

I've heard several times that exes always seem to know when you're just about over them and that they always find some way to remind you that they once pwned your ####### heart.

Today started like any other day for me. Wake up. ####. Shower. Shave. Then haul ### to work to make sure I get there in time. Hell the work day started off like any other day. Clock in. Meet for huddle. Get our assignments. Get report. Start taking care of sick people.

All was normal and routine per my life these days until I head off to my morning break. The cute unit clerk who I usually have breakfast and flirt with wasn't at her desk so I head down to the cafeteria solo. I'm a bit tired of my usual breakfast (hard boiled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and oatmeal), since I've worked 9 days straight so I decide to make an eggs over easy, ham, and bacon sandwich. Without my breakfast buddy there I bust out my phone to read the newspaper.

I was enjoying my morning. It was almost like any other day, but half way through my sandwich and reading about the Raiders getting blasted by the Broncos, the status bar of my S3 flashes:

Alyssa: I'm so hurt right now....

It scrolls to fast but it catches my eye and I swap from the web browser to the messenger and continue the rest of the message:

Alyssa: "I'm so hurt right now. I made the biggest mistake by leaving you for an #######. I've lost the greatest thing that could happen to me. I miss you and that's ok. It's all my fault. I hope you're doing well."

Soooooooooooooo..... yah. My not so normal morning became just a little more interesting. I have yet to text her back and honestly don't plan to. I probably should block her number from my phone to prevent me from doing something stupid, but.....

After reading that text, I felt a bunch of emotions flash. Satisfaction and anger were the two that wrestled their way into my mind and stayed with me through out the day: satisfied that she got what she deserved and anger that she ####ed everything up for nothing.

Oh well, not sure what's going to come of this. Nothing hopefully. There's a part of me that wants to see where this could go, there's a part of me that's happy with my life right now, and there's an even bigger part of me that knows deep down inside I would never be able to love her the same way ever again after she threw away 7 years for an #######.

Start from the beginning of the thread again. Jesus Christ man.

She dumped you to suck another guys ####. Think about that and block her number. She only texts when she needs support and for some reason you ignore that and soak up the attention. Get over her and move the #### on for good.

Start from the beginning of the thread again. Jesus Christ man.

She dumped you to suck another guys ####. Think about that and block her number. She only texts when she needs support and for some reason you ignore that and soak up the attention. Get over her and move the #### on for good.
I'm a year behind but I'm all in.

A good buddy of mine just went through this. Dated a chick for 5 years. Lived together. She had drunkenly alluded to things being rocky twice. July of last year she told him it was over in the 2nd inning of the guy's first Fenway visit. Devistated him. She was trying to be nice and kept telling him the same #### your girl is telling you. Behind his back, she was counting the days till he moved out. He tried to "Change". For a month he did all the things she said he didn't do. It didn't matter. She was done. She got increasingly more blunt with her "it's over" comments but he'd ignore those and then find some tiny sliver of hope (a smile, or a "Thanks for washing the hardwood floors and mowing the lawn while I was at the bar drinking with friends") and cling to it like it was a sign of her true desire to get back together. It was sad. I tried to talk to him but it was pointless. This girl could have punched him in the face, kicked him in the nuts, pushed him down, pissed on him and he'd be focusing on the "But she said "bye" in a really nice voice before she left" Finally 3 months of sucking around and being pathetic (Completely ruining any respect most of his freinds or other females in his life had for him) she finally just said "Look.. i've tried being nice about this. It's been over. Get out." Don't be that guy. Move on. And DON'T Move on with the "I'll move on for a bit and she'll come back... I know it" guy. Seriously. Stop it. Just go.
On page 2, but I'm guessing he did not take this advice. Long way to go to banging a coke dealer. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't have the heart to blast away at her with a cattle prod, try this. The second she gets home, start following her around the apartment doing your loudest, most obnoxious Arnold Schwarzenegger impression.. "COME ON !! GET OUT !! DO IT, DO IT NOW !!! GET OUT OF HERE !!" and just keep that up incessantly. No matter what she does, do not stop. If she goes into the bathroom, stand outside the door and bellow. "WHAT ARE YOU DOOO-EENG? TAKING A DOMP ?!?!? COME ON, PINCH IT OFF AND GET OUT !!! GET OFF THE CRAPPER !!!" You have to just be prepared to be relentless with it. She'll never be able to take it more than an hour or so before she loses her #### and leaves.
I haven't laughed this hard in years. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I'm dying here.

I've heard several times that exes always seem to know when you're just about over them and that they always find some way to remind you that they once pwned your ####### heart.

Today started like any other day for me. Wake up. ####. Shower. Shave. Then haul ### to work to make sure I get there in time. Hell the work day started off like any other day. Clock in. Meet for huddle. Get our assignments. Get report. Start taking care of sick people.

All was normal and routine per my life these days until I head off to my morning break. The cute unit clerk who I usually have breakfast and flirt with wasn't at her desk so I head down to the cafeteria solo. I'm a bit tired of my usual breakfast (hard boiled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and oatmeal), since I've worked 9 days straight so I decide to make an eggs over easy, ham, and bacon sandwich. Without my breakfast buddy there I bust out my phone to read the newspaper.

I was enjoying my morning. It was almost like any other day, but half way through my sandwich and reading about the Raiders getting blasted by the Broncos, the status bar of my S3 flashes:

It scrolls to fast but it catches my eye and I swap from the web browser to the messenger and continue the rest of the message:

Alyssa: "I'm so hurt right now. I made the biggest mistake by leaving you for an #######. I've lost the greatest thing that could happen to me. I miss you and that's ok. It's all my fault. I hope you're doing well."

Soooooooooooooo..... yah. My not so normal morning became just a little more interesting. I have yet to text her back and honestly don't plan to. I probably should block her number from my phone to prevent me from doing something stupid, but.....

After reading that text, I felt a bunch of emotions flash. Satisfaction and anger were the two that wrestled their way into my mind and stayed with me through out the day: satisfied that she got what she deserved and anger that she ####ed everything up for nothing.

Oh well, not sure what's going to come of this. Nothing hopefully. There's a part of me that wants to see where this could go, there's a part of me that's happy with my life right now, and there's an even bigger part of me that knows deep down inside I would never be able to love her the same way ever again after she threw away 7 years for an #######.
Do NOT reply. Living in the Bay Area as a single 20 something with a good job is awesome. Tastin the PTs scrotum on Alyssa's breath is not.

Go have some fun brother.

Still is bewildering to me how most everyone in this thread is trying to 'change' you into someone you obviously are not.

Look man, at the end of the day, does having her in your life matter more than having 'pride'?

Does it matter more than 'getting back at her'?

Is the happiness that you feel when you are with her worth whatever 'heartbreaking' and disappointment she does to you?

Remember, at the end of the day, it's your life and honestly, only you know how to achieve the kind of 'happy' feelings that you want.

you still need to find that really cute 140-150# white chick that loves insecure asian dudes. it will change your life. you will see how you should be loved (snicker) and then you can go find some tiny asian spinner that treats you as well.

not sure why i wasted the time to type this.......maybe it's my pay it forward moment of the day.

If you don't have the heart to blast away at her with a cattle prod, try this. The second she gets home, start following her around the apartment doing your loudest, most obnoxious Arnold Schwarzenegger impression.. "COME ON !! GET OUT !! DO IT, DO IT NOW !!! GET OUT OF HERE !!" and just keep that up incessantly. No matter what she does, do not stop. If she goes into the bathroom, stand outside the door and bellow. "WHAT ARE YOU DOOO-EENG? TAKING A DOMP ?!?!? COME ON, PINCH IT OFF AND GET OUT !!! GET OFF THE CRAPPER !!!" You have to just be prepared to be relentless with it. She'll never be able to take it more than an hour or so before she loses her #### and leaves.
Thanks, man. I put my heart and soul into this thread, damn near all the way through. Now it's firing up again but I don't have time to comment any longer..

TAKING A DOMP still slays me. :lmao:

Go to her, No. 16. Go to her, tell her how you feel, and make love to her until the morning light. Then afterwards as you hold her, tell her you'll never let her go. Aw, yeah. Damn.

Have you ever gone back and reread this thread? See things differently?
I haven't re-read the whole thing, but I've re-read the first few pages here and there and honestly it just brings me back to how hurt I was at the time. I was such a complete mess back then and now... not so much.
Going to be interesting seeing you post this again in a year after another year of her yo-yo'ing you back and forth and leaving you again after she re-re-re-reconciles with the trainer. Delete her number and be done with her.

Still is bewildering to me how most everyone in this thread is trying to 'change' you into someone you obviously are not.

Look man, at the end of the day, does having her in your life matter more than having 'pride'?

Does it matter more than 'getting back at her'?

Is the happiness that you feel when you are with her worth whatever 'heartbreaking' and disappointment she does to you?

Remember, at the end of the day, it's your life and honestly, only you know how to achieve the kind of 'happy' feelings that you want.
Yep. It was a good move to get distance after the incident (though it took way too long) but there is nothing wrong with choosing to go back if that is what he really wants. I can't see why he would want that, but I'm not going to judge.

Thanks, man. I put my heart and soul into this thread, damn near all the way through. Now it's firing up again but I don't have time to comment any longer..
:kicksrock:

We all know a reunion is coming, so, let's say you're doing it doggy style...it's time for an unexpected backdoor delivery. Hard. And just start screaming at her like a maniac "THAT FEEL GOOD, YOU ROTTEN ####### CONNIVING WHORE?!?!?!?! TIME FOR A TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE!!!!" and just spank that ### as hard as you can while you rail the crap out of her, maybe pull the hair too. Afterwards do the crazy eyes and go "AAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!!!! THAT FELT SO GOOD!!! I AM THE LIZARD KING!!!!". Then, do two huge lines of coke and giggle uncontrollably.

Guessing she'll leave you alone after that.

"I don't discuss relationships over text any longer. I discuss plans over text. I discuss fantasy football trades over text. I discuss how long it will be before I leave work over text. If you want to talk to me about how important I am to you, call me."

"I don't discuss relationships over text any longer. I discuss plans over text. I discuss fantasy football trades over text. I discuss how long it will be before I leave work over text. If you want to talk to me about how important I am to you, call me."
Ooooh, I like this. Assertive. Strong. Confident. Everything she loves in a man and this is a positive step in the right direction to finally reunite.

Don't fall for her tricks. It's no coincidence that she texts you just before the start of the NBA season, and with the Golden State Warriors bandwagon filling up fast. She wants you only for the Warriors tix. Tell her to go to a Lakers game - the 2013 equivalent of a cold shower.

you still need to find that really cute 140-150# white chick that loves insecure asian dudes. it will change your life. you will see how you should be loved (snicker) and then you can go find some tiny asian spinner that treats you as well.

not sure why i wasted the time to type this.......maybe it's my pay it forward moment of the day.
DA RAIDERS been banging this drum since the first page... :lmao:

I know this opinion is in the minority but truly 16, if you want to try again with her I wouldn't blame you. However, you have to be willing to let go of the hurt she caused you and try to put the images I'm sure you have of her with PT out of your mind. Not easy I'm sure.

I would be willing to bet you still love her and probably alway will.

As someone mentioned in the other thread about the 23 year marriage (now 30 it appears), forgiveness is a powerful thing. If you can forgive her, she may repay you many times over and make you a happy man for a long, long time.

Just my :2cents: , but coming from someone who has been forgiven and has appreciated it every day since.

EG is the only good think about this thread...he has some great material in here.....

Lock the thread.

Text back some superficial small talk like: "Doing great, thanks. Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. Take care."

Then block her number forever. It will help you move on.

Text back some superficial small talk like: "Doing great, thanks. Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. Take care."

Then block her number forever. It will help you move on.
This is a good reply. I would also offer something more snide and dismissive like "Great to hear from you! Just the other day I was remembering the time we (insert some romantic event you shared). That was fun. But then I looked down at the gorgeous blonde I was ####ing from behind and thought to myself, "this is so much better." Take care!"

Text back some superficial small talk like: "Doing great, thanks. Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. Take care."Then block her number forever. It will help you move on.
This is a strong reply. It will make her regret her actions even more while denying her the fall-back safety net that she is looking for.

I wouldn't block her number though. We would have never gotten this update -- and you wouldn't have gotten the satisfaction of knowing her regret -- if he had blocked her number previously, as many people suggested.

---------------------------------------

I feel for Alyssa because I've been the person haunted by indecision over ending a multi-year relationship with a girl who may have been "The One". Based on that, I was inclined to go against the grain and tell you to give her another shot until I read your reaction. It's evident that if you take her back you won't have a healthy relationship. There's too much water under the bridge. The indecision you have over whether you should take her back may always linger in the back of your mind, but you're better served trying to start anew with a different lass. Good luck.

Was Alyssa your first true love? Because I think all of us have a special place in our heart for our first true love and that may be contributing to your confusion.

Text back some superficial small talk like: "Doing great, thanks. Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you. Take care."Then block her number forever. It will help you move on.
:rolleyes: you've read this thread, right? He'll be grabbing coffee/drinks with her by the end of the week.
no no no.........you've got it all wrong.

he'll fly her up to SF, send a car service to the airport for her, take her to dinner, get a romantic hotel room, etc. drop an easy 1K on it.

then............................she'll ask him to drive a uhaul to southern california with all the #### she left in SF. because she knows she can trust him. alone of course, because she has to get back to work.. & our hero will then have to unload it at her new place she shares with the PT.

Users who are viewing this thread