What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Morning Jacket (1 Viewer)

Also, for anyone going to a OK/TX/FL/NC show in December, be sure to get in early enough to check out Delta Spirit. Theyve released a couple great albums the last few years and put on a great rocking show

:goodposting: I'll be there in time. And (assuming she goes) my gf will be more excited about Delta Spirit than MMJ.

Just bought four pit tickets. :thumbup:

Also, for anyone going to a OK/TX/FL/NC show in December, be sure to get in early enough to check out Delta Spirit. Theyve released a couple great albums the last few years and put on a great rocking show

So, this happened today."Oh no, we're going to miss Delta Spirit... they're here the same night as MMJ." :sadbanana:

"Yeah, they're the opening band." :mellow:

"YAY!" :excited:

Just a reminder, dont miss Delta Spirit...They have a new album coming out in March, so Id think they play a couple new tunes as well.ETA: Interested to see if MMJ switches up their setlists from the Circuital-heavy summer shows, as well as switching from the Victory Dance > Circuital opener for every show.

Last edited by a moderator:

:thumbup: I was listening to Delta Spirit while making my previous post.

the day has come!!!

:excited: :fro: :pickle: :headbang: :clap:

jealous of those that got a steam engine last night, but I know they'll make it good to us tonight

the day has come!!! :excited: :fro: :pickle: :headbang: :clap: jealous of those that got a steam engine last night, but I know they'll make it good to us tonight
Yeah, youll probably get a Dondante tonight though, which has become the song of the 2 Id rather get with how much theyve been mixing up the jam with it over the last couple years.Just looked at their setlists since returning to the US, theyre definitely switching it up more than the summer. A War Begun ( :excited: ) and Evelyn in LA... At Dawn, Heartbreakin Man, and I Will Sing You Songs, Cobra ( :excited: ) in SF... Dancefloors in SD... At Dawn, Strangulation in Tulsa... Masterplan, Heartbreakin', and Lay Low in Dallas...Song order is definitely more varied as well.Surprised to see Gideon and Mahgeetah more phased out of the setlists so far (I think only 1 Mahgeetah in 5 shows)...Those have been every show staples for 6+ years...Also waiting for the day where they start playing Run Thru in its entirety again on a consistent basis.

'JerseyToughGuys said:
It was fine. Just feels like the more disappointing albums they pile up, the more disappointing their setlists are going to be for me. Too many tunes from the new one. Still fun times.
"Heartbreaking Man" felt like the only surprise and it was a good one. "Slow Tune" was one that played better live than on the album. A cool chunky guitar intro from Yim.

'Kenny Powers said:
the day has come!!! :excited: :fro: :pickle: :headbang: :clap: jealous of those that got a steam engine last night, but I know they'll make it good to us tonight
Yeah, youll probably get a Dondante tonight though, which has become the song of the 2 Id rather get with how much theyve been mixing up the jam with it over the last couple years.Just looked at their setlists since returning to the US, theyre definitely switching it up more than the summer. A War Begun ( :excited: ) and Evelyn in LA... At Dawn, Heartbreakin Man, and I Will Sing You Songs, Cobra ( :excited: ) in SF... Dancefloors in SD... At Dawn, Strangulation in Tulsa... Masterplan, Heartbreakin', and Lay Low in Dallas...Song order is definitely more varied as well.Surprised to see Gideon and Mahgeetah more phased out of the setlists so far (I think only 1 Mahgeetah in 5 shows)...Those have been every show staples for 6+ years...Also waiting for the day where they start playing Run Thru in its entirety again on a consistent basis.
War begun :excited:Phone Went West :excited: :excited:Gideon closer to the set pre-encore.routinely in-freaking-credible

'JerseyToughGuys said:
It was fine. Just feels like the more disappointing albums they pile up, the more disappointing their setlists are going to be for me. Too many tunes from the new one. Still fun times.
"Heartbreaking Man" felt like the only surprise and it was a good one. "Slow Tune" was one that played better live than on the album. A cool chunky guitar intro from Yim.
dude, they played steam engine in grand prairie. I would give a kidney to see that song. also Cobra in the encore.

'JerseyToughGuys said:
sorry to hear that... I actually really love circuital, and I think Z was an classic. the few songs from evil urges they have kept in the rotation work for me. the old tunes will be endangered species, but its that much more special when you can see one now.disappointing is one of the farthest words from my mind when i think about last night's show.

'JerseyToughGuys said:
sorry to hear that... I actually really love circuital, and I think Z was an classic. the few songs from evil urges they have kept in the rotation work for me. the old tunes will be endangered species, but its that much more special when you can see one now.disappointing is one of the farthest words from my mind when i think about last night's show.
you guys go to the Houston show? had tickets but gave them away due to work stuff :angry:

'JerseyToughGuys said:
you guys go to the Houston show? had tickets but gave them away due to work stuff :angry:
i was there last night, i think Nige went to Grand Prairie the night before

'JerseyToughGuys said:
I love Z. They just missed my wheelhouse a little this time.

dude, they played steam engine in grand prairie. I would give a kidney to see that song. also Cobra in the encore.
also Masterplan...They play that even less than Heartbreakin and Cobra. Not sure if theyd played it since the T5 run. Getting an entire Lay Low Id also call a surprise. 5/21 new songs isnt too much to me. Im much more sick of Im Amazed than anything off Circuital.

the MSG show was good, if not great at times. Band of Horses sounded pretty echo'y so I was scared to death MMJ was going to sound like #### in the Garden. All in all, it wasn't too bad.

One highlight: Bridwell (BoH) joined them for a nice version of "Wonderful".

Victory Dance

Circuital

It Beats 4 U

First Light

I'm Amazed

Wonderful (The Way I Feel)

(with Ben Bridwell)

Steam Engine

Outta My System

Dancefloors

Golden

Mahgeetah

Dondante

(with Brian Jackson on flute and Dearland Horns)

Smokin From Shootin

Run Thru

(Partial)

Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt. 2

Off The Record

Gideon

Encore:

Bermuda Highway

Wordless Chorus

The Day Is Coming

The Bottle

(Gil Scott-Heron cover) (with Brian Jackson on flute and Dearland Horns)

Holdin On To Black Metal

One Big Holiday

I'll Be Home for Christmas

(Bing Crosby cover) (With Band of Horses, Brian Jackson, Dearland Horns)

Bermuda Highway was a nice bust out...Gotta hear The Bottle cover, I love Gil Scott-Heron...Im assuming the Brian Jackson on a couple songs here was the one who made a few albums with GSH??

With the August dates announced, can somebody fill me in on the Roll Call fan club? I don't see the specific info I'm looking for on their website...some of which seems to be for Roll Call members only.

Up to how many tickets can you purchase in the presale (tomorrow)?

Any idea on pricing for VIP packages?

August Dates w/ Band of Horses

Pittsburgh for the 3rd year in a row!!! :headbang:

Bobcat> Im not sure on all the Roll Call details as I havent needed to join since I havent been to a show that isnt all GA since it started. If you cant find what youre looking for, Id pose your questions/post a topic on the band's forum and youll probably get an answer pretty quick from one of the fans who is in roll call.

'Kenny Powers said:
August Dates w/ Band of Horses

Pittsburgh for the 3rd year in a row!!! :headbang:

Bobcat> Im not sure on all the Roll Call details as I havent needed to join since I havent been to a show that isnt all GA since it started. If you cant find what youre looking for, Id pose your questions/post a topic on the band's forum and youll probably get an answer pretty quick from one of the fans who is in roll call.
Thanks. I'm just going to get tickets on Saturday. I think it's 4 per show with Roll Call...I got that info from a buddy that's in it but he didn't seem 100%. He does it so he can get the VIP package for $20 or something that allows you to get in for the soundcheck.

Just ordered 2 tix for Columbus! I thought the public sale started tomorrow and just happened to look now.

Fired up already....only saw them perform 1 or 2 songs opening for Pearl Jam a long time ago.

'krista4 said:
seeing them for the first time on saturday :headbang:
I'm going see them from my deck in about an hour. They Beale Street Music Festival is this weekend, and the southernmost stage is just down a bluff from the house. Right now I'm listening to Florence + the Machine, and MMJ starts in an hour. OK, so I won't SEE them, but I can sit on the deck, no crowds, 75 degree weather, port or wine or both in hand, and listen to a great live show. :thumbup:
Damn, that sounds awesome! A friend is down at the fest as well. Im interested to see how their setlists change up this tour after being Circuital-centric last summer, although festival setlists arent the best shows to judge.

Jim James sang St James Infimary with Preservation Hall on the closeout set at Jazzfest on Sunday - of the two weeks of performances I saw at Jazzfest - this one may have been the best.

I'm hoping they add a video of it to the others here - Jazzfest Videos

Jim James sang St James Infimary with Preservation Hall on the closeout set at Jazzfest on Sunday - of the two weeks of performances I saw at Jazzfest - this one may have been the best.

I'm hoping they add a video of it to the others here - Jazzfest Videos
I've heard hundreds of performances of St. James Infirmary (you have little choice if you live in New Orleans), and James' version with the PHJB was one of the 2 or 3 best I've ever listened to. Also cool was the PHJB playing its own up-tempo version of the song immediately after.

Users who are viewing this thread