What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (2 Viewers)

'Premier said:
Dwight can want to go to the Nets all he wants, but it isn't going to happen. Zero chance of that now.
At the risk of turning into an Abe-like trade machine, which of these teams turn down the following deals?Lakers send Bynum to Orlando for HowardLakers send Gasol to NJ for Williams (sign and trade)
Bravo Billy King.Just what your rebuilding team needs: A 32 year old soft post player with a bad contract. At least you don't have to worry about Pao curling up in a ball during the playoffs anytime soon. :bye:
I thought sign and trades werent allowed in the new CBA?
Williams has a player option this year, so he could pick that up if the Nets come up with a trade he likes.

'Premier said:
Dwight can want to go to the Nets all he wants, but it isn't going to happen. Zero chance of that now.
At the risk of turning into an Abe-like trade machine, which of these teams turn down the following deals?Lakers send Bynum to Orlando for HowardLakers send Gasol to NJ for Williams (sign and trade)
Would Orlando prefer Bosh to Bynum? :shrug:AND WHAT ABOUT SCOLA AND LOWRY.
Don't forget Kevin Martin.

'Premier said:
He had his chance last year and waffled out of it.....don't see how it could happen now

'Craig_MiamiFL said:
Gerald Wallace will forever be the face of the Brooklyn Nets.Who the ####, with a rebuilding team opening a new stadium, trades for a soon to be 30 year old journeymen with an opt-out?Billy King not only shouldn't have that GM job. He should be barred from ever being one again.
I honestly don't know how anyone could make that deal......if Nets didn't trade Dr J for a bag of balls it would be the worst deal in franchise history....How does King still have a job? Seriously please explain

'Premier said:
Nets wil not deal Dwill.... They'd rather have cap space.... No one wants Gasol

'Premier said:
Bravo Billy King.Just what your rebuilding team needs: A 32 year old soft post player with a bad contract. At least you don't have to worry about Pao curling up in a ball during the playoffs anytime soon. :bye:
I thought sign and trades werent allowed in the new CBA?
Williams has a player option this year, so he could pick that up if the Nets come up with a trade he likes.
Too many moving parts...

'Premier said:
At the risk of turning into an Abe-like trade machine, which of these teams turn down the following deals?Lakers send Bynum to Orlando for Howard

Lakers send Gasol to NJ for Williams (sign and trade)
That's crazy talk.

'Premier said:
At the risk of turning into an Abe-like trade machine, which of these teams turn down the following deals?Lakers send Bynum to Orlando for Howard

That's crazy talk.
Indeed

'Premier said:

That's crazy talk.
Indeed
no doubt

Gasol and lakers 1 to Memphis

Howard to lakers

Gaye and mayo to Orlando.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gasol and lakers 1 to MemphisHoward to jerseyGaye and mayo to Orlando.
this is confusing.Lakers give up: Gasol and 1st (get nothing)Magic give up: Howard (get Gay, Mayo)Grizz give up: Gay and Mayo (get Gasol, Lakers 1st)Nets give up: nothing (get Dwight Howard!)sweet deal for the Nets.horrible deal for the Lakers.

I heard Jim Buss yesterday- his man love for Bynum continues. Bynum is going nowhere. And Howard doesn't want to be a Laker anyhow. Neither does Deron. The Lakers aren't going to get either of them. They might get Rondo, though, if they play their cards right....

In other local news, the Clippers may let their GM walk, because Donald Sterling isn't willing to give him a new contract. Typical Sterling...

'Premier said:

That's crazy talk.
Yes...I should have Limited it to the Nets.....they don't want Gasol at his age and salary for a rebuilding team.

I'm gonna say it. The Heat are going to win this series because Boston is too old and not deep enough, but in year two of the Heatles, they are not a great team. They are certainly good and they will get to the Finals on talent alone, but if this series was 3 or 4 years ago Boston kills the Heat, even with Bosh. Boston plays as a team. Wade and LeBron just dribble around and throw it up when the game gets tight.

For whatever it is worth, I think the Celts are benefitting from very gracious refs tonite... I complain about the refs, but it goes both ways. Tonight (in their mind) is their makeup game, I truly believe this

I guess the point I was trying to make is at this point, LeBran's prediction of 5 championships or whatever would have to be seen as a joke. No way what I am seeing constitutes a dynasty of those proportions. Not playing like this.

Gasol and lakers 1 to MemphisHoward to lakersGaye and mayo to Orlando.
:lmao: you're the best.
Who says no?
Orlando. Quickly. Why in the world would they cripple themselves with that deal.
Unless the lakers offer Bynum, I can't think of a single swap they can make for Howard where they get better. Can you?
So you then decide to get way way worse?

I can't help but wonder if you take away James and Wade, could the Heat beat the Bobcats? Every time Mike Miller runs into the game he looks so broken down I think he's going to fall over before he gets on the court.

Not sure why Allen isn't running Miller and his cranky back through a thousand screens each time down the floor.

Jeff Van Gundy is a ####### awesome analyst.

Not sure why Allen isn't running Miller and his cranky back through a thousand screens each time down the floor.Jeff Van Gundy is a ####### awesome analyst.
Agreed. Work him on defense as hard as you can and not only do you get open looks but you take some legs away from his shooting.

I can't help but wonder if you take away James and Wade, could the Heat beat the Bobcats? Every time Mike Miller runs into the game he looks so broken down I think he's going to fall over before he gets on the court.
Mmmm I wonder if you took away Kobe and Bynum, I wonder if you took away Durant and Westbrook.Are you ####### kidding me with this shlock?

Mmmm I wonder if you took away Kobe and Bynum, I wonder if you took away Durant and Westbrook.Are you ####### kidding me with this shlock?
No kidding. Don't be so sensitive. It's a comment on how bad the Bobcats are. But yeah I'd take the rest of the Thunder or Laker rosters over the Heat minus those two.

The Heat making it interesting.

Like I expected though a ton of home cooking. A ton. That is the way of the NBA. So you have to overcome it. With all the incessant whining out of Boston.....I knew this was coming.

Meantime we can't hit FT's.....it is driving me insane how poor they are shooting from the line. Killing them. This could be a 3-4 point game if they would just hit a few more FT's.

No kidding. Don't be so sensitive. It's a comment on how bad the Bobcats are. But yeah I'd take the rest of the Thunder or Laker rosters over the Heat minus those two.
Everyone under estimates the Heat's role players. Chalmers is having a heck of a post season. Let's not forget about Bosh. Haslem is a fine defensive player, and Mike Miller...although hobbled...continues to hit big shots, rebound, scrap for loose balls.But yeah...they don't have the strongest role players. But you win with stars.

Everyone under estimates the Heat's role players. Chalmers is having a heck of a post season. Let's not forget about Bosh. Haslem is a fine defensive player, and Mike Miller...although hobbled...continues to hit big shots, rebound, scrap for loose balls.But yeah...they don't have the strongest role players. But you win with stars.
Most times you do, and they have the top guy and another who is top 5-10 no doubt. The NBA is where one player changes a franchise. The fact is though with Lebron, Wade, and especially when Bosh is healthy, you could fill out their starting 5 with D-league players and they are a top 4 seed in the East. Miami's best combination is likely finding a way at some point to move Bosh's contract to get better complementary guys. It will be interesting to see the contrast in philosophies if/when they play the Spurs. The group versus the 2-3 superstars.

I used to like Wade.But man, he #####es about every little thing
Well......he has not gotten a single call tonight. None.He has driven to the hole a ton...no calls tonight.Expected though.Game 4....Heat will be back and play strong.The Celtics played outstanding defense tonight for 3 quarters. They really stepped up tonight. I never expected the Celtics to lay down.Ok State should tie it up tomorrow night.

Most times you do, and they have the top guy and another who is top 5-10 no doubt. The NBA is where one player changes a franchise. The fact is though with Lebron, Wade, and especially when Bosh is healthy, you could fill out their starting 5 with D-league players and they are a top 4 seed in the East. Miami's best combination is likely finding a way at some point to move Bosh's contract to get better complementary guys. It will be interesting to see the contrast in philosophies if/when they play the Spurs. The group versus the 2-3 superstars.
Duncan and Parker are clear star players to me though. Yes the Spurs have a lot more role players and are a better rounded team. No doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greg Popovich decided to rest his guys last night and concede when losing big at the start if the 4th. Coach Spo decided to work his guys until the end of the game, they made it look close but I have to wonder if you don't just rest those guys especially Wade.

Greg Popovich decided to rest his guys last night and concede when losing big at the start if the 4th. Coach Spo decided to work his guys until the end of the game, they made it look close but I have to wonder if you don't just rest those guys especially Wade.
Makes the old Celts work as hard as possible. Wade and especially LeBron will recover. If they sit, so do Allen, Pierce and Garnett.

Users who are viewing this thread