What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*NBA THREAD* Abe will be missed (2 Viewers)

Alan Hahn (Knicks beat writer for Newsday) is saying LeBron's pr stunt will take place in Greenwich CT

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
Alan Hahn (Knicks beat writer for Newsday) is saying LeBron's pr stunt will take place in Greenwich CT

Link
Interesting...sounds like it definitely won't be the Cavs then...I wonder if moving trucks are staging near his house and will begin packing his stuff up during his 1 hr press conference?

Link
ESPN needs to allow fans to attend the arenas in Cleveland, NYC, NJ and Chicago and have cameras in each place then we can all see the reactions once Lebron announces where he goes. High comedy.

Agreed. I really have a problem seeing how LBJ is promoting his brand. This whole ESPN thing makes him come across as such an egotistical ###. ESPN is also losing credibility as a news source by hosting this charade. (Although most of you probably already came to this conclusion for other reasons.)

I'm pretty sure they're going to have to remounce O'Neal since he made 22 million or so last year. The only way they wouldn't is if the cap hold is only a small percentage of that number which it shouldn't be. Basically they can keep him until they need to sign Bosh, but then they lose his Bird rights. They should still be able to use all those guys in sign and trades until Wade/Bosh sign and they will be able to sign any of them as long as they are under the cap.
According to this you're correct.

I mean, really...the rest of that Miami team is going to be just awful isn't it? I can see them winning 50 games(ish) but it wouldn't shock me if they were only in the 45 range. Not to mention Wade does occasionally miss games. I just don't see how they fill this roster out. Knowing what we know right now (Wade + Bosh + filler) who would you take to even win the Southeast -- Orlando or Miami?
Tough matchup problems both ways but I'd give the edge to the Magic right now. It'd help if they resigned J.J.

ever

Ford reporting Cavs, Bulls and Nets going strong after Boozer.
Consolation prize. If Bulls pay the max for Boozer I quit.
Get ready for the overpayment stampede once the big names go down. There are still a lot of teams with cap space. I just hope that the Kings don't chase. I don't think they will if Petrie has any say in it. But if the Maloofs are driving the boat .....ETA: I'm so good at mixed metaphors, I don't even know I'm doing it anymore. :highfive:
Everything that I have heard is that the Kings will wait until next year when the CBA will make the cost of players cheaper. I'm on board with this as it will give Evans and Cousins a year to play together.

you know who isn't happy about any of this? michael beasley.

the heat have been trying to give the kid away and there are no takers. now he is the 3rd fiddle - at best - on the team?

oof.

4. Dwayne Wade is a special player, but the whole "his legacy will be tarnihsed blah blah blah" is silly. EVERY title team since I've been alive aside from the recent Pistons and 94 Rockets has had at least 2 players that were top-5 in the league at their position. Many of them have had 3.
Lebron has the ability to be in the conversation as the GOAT. I personally don't see him getting there but he's got that type of talent. Him piggy backing a title with 2 other superstars isn't going to help that legacy. That's reality.
:lol: :lol: Not a chance
He's got that type of talent. There's no doubt.
I agree. I just think he's all about marketing and not winning, the face of the "ME generation". We'll find out soon enough.

you know who isn't happy about any of this? michael beasley. the heat have been trying to give the kid away and there are no takers. now he is the 3rd fiddle - at best - on the team?oof.
I heard that Miami is refusing to sign LeBron because of him. "We're all set at SF, thanks." :lol:

Agreed. I really have a problem seeing how LBJ is promoting his brand. This whole ESPN thing makes him come across as such an egotistical ###. ESPN is also losing credibility as a news source by hosting this charade. (Although most of you probably already came to this conclusion for other reasons.)
Yea - well wait to you see the routine the Nike Lebron James Dancers have worked out for the show....you'll be changing your mind

you know who isn't happy about any of this? michael beasley. the heat have been trying to give the kid away and there are no takers. now he is the 3rd fiddle - at best - on the team?oof.
It's just baffling to me. Beasley would just completely dominate games during his season at K-State. It would have taken Derick Rose ahead of him, but he made perfect sense at 1.02 that year. Maybe he is the classic "not strong enough to play PF, not skilled enough to play SF" in the Ed O'Bannon mold, but something about that boy ain't right. His ceiling was in Carmelo Anthony territory, and he's not going to come anywhere near that.
I think he's just a knucklehead. :lol:

4. Dwayne Wade is a special player, but the whole "his legacy will be tarnihsed blah blah blah" is silly. EVERY title team since I've been alive aside from the recent Pistons and 94 Rockets has had at least 2 players that were top-5 in the league at their position. Many of them have had 3.
Chauncey certainly was top 5 at PG for 03/04/05 and Rasheed dont have the stats but his first 2 years in detroit he played as well as anyone at PF throw in the Defensive player of the year in Ben Wallace plus a hall of fame coach = Title and should of had 2. Dont hate on my boys COlin, right now is a sad time to be a pistons fan

It's just baffling to me. Beasley would just completely dominate games during his season at K-State. It would have taken Derick Rose ahead of him, but he made perfect sense at 1.02 that year. Maybe he is the classic "not strong enough to play PF, not skilled enough to play SF" in the Ed O'Bannon mold, but something about that boy ain't right. His ceiling was in Carmelo Anthony territory, and he's not going to come anywhere near that.
i think it's coaching. he thrived under huggins. spoelestra most definitely isn't huggins in any way, shape or form. put him on a team like SA - please! - which is a small market and led by a disciplinarian like Pop and he'll return to form.i think the guy has been sheltered at almost every level and the maturity was lacking. i read some quotes from him recently and it sounded like he was finally growing up some.

ETA - huggy recruited Beasley but did not coach him. frank martin, a noted dirty coach, coached him instead.

i think it's coaching. he thrived under huggins. spoelestra most definitely isn't huggins in any way, shape or form. put him on a team like SA - please! - which is a small market and led by a disciplinarian like Pop and he'll return to form.i think the guy has been sheltered at almost every level and the maturity was lacking. i read some quotes from him recently and it sounded like he was finally growing up some.
Serious question: What do you think SA would have to give up to get him?

Serious question: What do you think SA would have to give up to get him?
The Heat don't want anything but cap relief for him. He is there for free if you can do that for them.

State of LeBron: Live at 9, from his ego

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 17 minutes ago

The Championship of Me comes crashing into a primetime cable infomercial that LeBron James and his cronies have been working to make happen for months, a slow, cynical churning of manufactured drama that sports has never witnessed. As historic monuments go, this is the Rushmore of basketball hubris and narcissism. The vacuous star for our vacuous times. All about ‘Bron and all about nothing.

James is throwing a few foosball tables at Boys & Girls Clubs, an empty gesture out of the empty superstar. He’s turned free agency into the title of our times, a preening pageant of fawning, begging and pleading. Hard-working people are dragged into municipalities and told to hold signs, chant scripted slogans and beg a diva who doesn’t care about them to accept a $100 million contract.

Privately, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh weren’t pleased on Wednesday morning with the belief that James’ camp was responsible for leaking their plans to a television partner, but then again it makes perfect sense: This isn’t about Wade and Bosh choosing the Heat. It’s about LeBron getting the stage to himself on Thursday night.

One front-office executive whose team made a presentation to LeBron James told Yahoo! Sports that he believes James is choosing between Miami and Cleveland. And yet, if James wants to deliver the biggest kick in the gut to his hometown, he’ll pick the flat-lined New York Knicks. Whatever the decision, he’s made clear that the teasing and tormenting of the loser isn’t his concern.

Team LeBron is having the time of its life, but has no idea the repercussions of what it’s done here. All that comes to James now is the biggest burden to win a championship that sports has ever seen. They aren’t making James a bigger star with this big-top, but a bigger target. All those teams that marched into the presentations and listened to some of the foolish and naiuml;ve questions asked of them believed these kids had no idea what they were doing, or what they had gotten themselves into. They’re all feeling more validated every day. From beginning to end, this process has been a farce.

On James’ new website, under the headline dubbing this TV debacle “The Decision,” there come these words: “Maverick Carter, CEO of LRMR Marketing said…” This explains everything. Carter’s marketing company isn’t doing so well trying to get its one client Jonny Flynn a used-car dealership endorsement in the Twin Cities, and now Carter’s going to try to justify all that plush office space, staff attorneys, private planes and resort hotels by translating the Championship of Me into the making of his reputation.

Carter’s pushed one agent – Aaron Goodwin – and one advisor – William Wesley – aside because he wanted to be the voice in James’ ear and the one getting credit on the masthead. So far, Carter’s been a superstar at spending James’ money on LRMR, but now he’s getting the company name out there and turning LeBron into Mr. July after LeBron didn’t have the stomach to be Mr. June.

Team LeBron had discussed a documentary on the free-agent process, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported, but the narrative changed after James’ Game 5 meltdown in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Carter says there was never a plan for a free-agent tour, but this is what he means: There was never a plan for James to get held accountable, to have his motivations and priorities called into doubt. There was never a plan for the blame to shift from Danny Ferry, Mike Brown and his Cavaliers teammates. There was never a plan that real-world rules applied to the self-proclaimed King.

They scrapped the tour, the documentary and set sights on hijacking the network for an unprecedented special they believe will elevate James’ brand. Only, James has never looked smaller, never more insecure and unsure of who he is and what he wants to be. He won’t look so much like Kobe Bryant and David Beckham, but rather a three-star linebacker from Shaker Heights picking Bowling Green over Kent and Ohio U. on local access television.

Team LeBron has known all along it was going to do this, and the cushy, protective relationship with that television network culminates with a basketball player commandeering his own coverage on his own terms. Now James and his buddies spoon out misdirection plays on his possible destination – feeding everyone for days and weeks that the Knicks were dead, only to say now, “Well…who knows?” – to build back drama for the infomercial.

This is some plan they’ve hatched and some game they’re playing with those Cleveland fans who’ve been so relentlessly loyal to James. First, he marched the biggest suitors in the sport to come court him in downtown Cleveland with those pointless presentations. He wanted those people out there creating a visual public push-and-pull for him, and because James needed to be told something that probably isn’t completely true anymore: Cleveland loves him.

Well, Cleveland craves him. Love is a strong word, and it ought to be unconditional, but loving a sports hero is the most conditional kind of love there is. Only, it was different with Cleveland. He’s one of them, but you still have to wonder: Are they one of him?

James never shared that town’s angst with the Browns and Indians. He wanted winners in his life, and rooted for the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees. He doesn’t feel the pain of a city’s broken heart. Shaquille O’Neal leaving the Orlando Magic for the Los Angeles Lakers 14 years ago was a hard hit, but LeBron bailing on Cleveland is far more devastating on a different level.

Everyone ridicules Cleveland, makes it a butt of jokes, but LeBron James has the chance to change all of that. And even then, it has to crush Cleveland’s sporting psyche that James could still walk out. If one of our own won’t stay, what does that say to the rest of the country?

That’s the hardest part here, and that makes the possibility that James would go on national television – with those split-screen shots of stunned fans in Akron and Cleveland – and completely crush those people so impossible to believe. He couldn’t be that cold, that callous, that cunning? Or perhaps, maybe this is all a rollout – the website, the Twitter page and the infomercial – to introduce a new LeBron, a new city, to the world.

Whatever happens, James and the television network will hide behind some money going to the Boys & Girls Clubs. But this isn’t about kids and sports, and it sure isn’t about the credibility that comes with winning championships. Something’s changed here, and LeBron James has gone a long way to devaluing winning and losing in the NBA. David Stern has long pushed the individual over team, marketed showy over substance, and LeBron James represents the manifestation of it all.

Greatest talent to ever walk into this league, the self-proclaimed King, and now everyone gets a front-row, primetime seat for how it means to live without self-awareness, without restraint. The vacuous star for our vacuous times, live on Thursday night and fitting himself for a ring as the undisputed Championship of Me. All about ‘Bron and all about nothing.

State of LeBron: Live at 9, from his egoBy Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 17 minutes agoThe Championship of Me comes crashing into a primetime cable infomercial that LeBron James and his cronies have been working to make happen for months, a slow, cynical churning of manufactured drama that sports has never witnessed. As historic monuments go, this is the Rushmore of basketball hubris and narcissism. The vacuous star for our vacuous times. All about ‘Bron and all about nothing.James is throwing a few foosball tables at Boys & Girls Clubs, an empty gesture out of the empty superstar. He’s turned free agency into the title of our times, a preening pageant of fawning, begging and pleading. Hard-working people are dragged into municipalities and told to hold signs, chant scripted slogans and beg a diva who doesn’t care about them to accept a $100 million contract.Privately, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh weren’t pleased on Wednesday morning with the belief that James’ camp was responsible for leaking their plans to a television partner, but then again it makes perfect sense: This isn’t about Wade and Bosh choosing the Heat. It’s about LeBron getting the stage to himself on Thursday night.One front-office executive whose team made a presentation to LeBron James told Yahoo! Sports that he believes James is choosing between Miami and Cleveland. And yet, if James wants to deliver the biggest kick in the gut to his hometown, he’ll pick the flat-lined New York Knicks. Whatever the decision, he’s made clear that the teasing and tormenting of the loser isn’t his concern.Team LeBron is having the time of its life, but has no idea the repercussions of what it’s done here. All that comes to James now is the biggest burden to win a championship that sports has ever seen. They aren’t making James a bigger star with this big-top, but a bigger target. All those teams that marched into the presentations and listened to some of the foolish and naiuml;ve questions asked of them believed these kids had no idea what they were doing, or what they had gotten themselves into. They’re all feeling more validated every day. From beginning to end, this process has been a farce.On James’ new website, under the headline dubbing this TV debacle “The Decision,” there come these words: “Maverick Carter, CEO of LRMR Marketing said…” This explains everything. Carter’s marketing company isn’t doing so well trying to get its one client Jonny Flynn a used-car dealership endorsement in the Twin Cities, and now Carter’s going to try to justify all that plush office space, staff attorneys, private planes and resort hotels by translating the Championship of Me into the making of his reputation.Carter’s pushed one agent – Aaron Goodwin – and one advisor – William Wesley – aside because he wanted to be the voice in James’ ear and the one getting credit on the masthead. So far, Carter’s been a superstar at spending James’ money on LRMR, but now he’s getting the company name out there and turning LeBron into Mr. July after LeBron didn’t have the stomach to be Mr. June.Team LeBron had discussed a documentary on the free-agent process, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported, but the narrative changed after James’ Game 5 meltdown in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Carter says there was never a plan for a free-agent tour, but this is what he means: There was never a plan for James to get held accountable, to have his motivations and priorities called into doubt. There was never a plan for the blame to shift from Danny Ferry, Mike Brown and his Cavaliers teammates. There was never a plan that real-world rules applied to the self-proclaimed King.They scrapped the tour, the documentary and set sights on hijacking the network for an unprecedented special they believe will elevate James’ brand. Only, James has never looked smaller, never more insecure and unsure of who he is and what he wants to be. He won’t look so much like Kobe Bryant and David Beckham, but rather a three-star linebacker from Shaker Heights picking Bowling Green over Kent and Ohio U. on local access television.Team LeBron has known all along it was going to do this, and the cushy, protective relationship with that television network culminates with a basketball player commandeering his own coverage on his own terms. Now James and his buddies spoon out misdirection plays on his possible destination – feeding everyone for days and weeks that the Knicks were dead, only to say now, “Well…who knows?” – to build back drama for the infomercial.This is some plan they’ve hatched and some game they’re playing with those Cleveland fans who’ve been so relentlessly loyal to James. First, he marched the biggest suitors in the sport to come court him in downtown Cleveland with those pointless presentations. He wanted those people out there creating a visual public push-and-pull for him, and because James needed to be told something that probably isn’t completely true anymore: Cleveland loves him.Well, Cleveland craves him. Love is a strong word, and it ought to be unconditional, but loving a sports hero is the most conditional kind of love there is. Only, it was different with Cleveland. He’s one of them, but you still have to wonder: Are they one of him?James never shared that town’s angst with the Browns and Indians. He wanted winners in his life, and rooted for the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees. He doesn’t feel the pain of a city’s broken heart. Shaquille O’Neal leaving the Orlando Magic for the Los Angeles Lakers 14 years ago was a hard hit, but LeBron bailing on Cleveland is far more devastating on a different level.Everyone ridicules Cleveland, makes it a butt of jokes, but LeBron James has the chance to change all of that. And even then, it has to crush Cleveland’s sporting psyche that James could still walk out. If one of our own won’t stay, what does that say to the rest of the country?That’s the hardest part here, and that makes the possibility that James would go on national television – with those split-screen shots of stunned fans in Akron and Cleveland – and completely crush those people so impossible to believe. He couldn’t be that cold, that callous, that cunning? Or perhaps, maybe this is all a rollout – the website, the Twitter page and the infomercial – to introduce a new LeBron, a new city, to the world.Whatever happens, James and the television network will hide behind some money going to the Boys & Girls Clubs. But this isn’t about kids and sports, and it sure isn’t about the credibility that comes with winning championships. Something’s changed here, and LeBron James has gone a long way to devaluing winning and losing in the NBA. David Stern has long pushed the individual over team, marketed showy over substance, and LeBron James represents the manifestation of it all.Greatest talent to ever walk into this league, the self-proclaimed King, and now everyone gets a front-row, primetime seat for how it means to live without self-awareness, without restraint. The vacuous star for our vacuous times, live on Thursday night and fitting himself for a ring as the undisputed Championship of Me. All about ‘Bron and all about nothing.
pretty much agree with all of this...and yet this jagoff will still be sitting front and center with :confused: watching

My fear in the whole thing is that the Bulls would feel the need to do "something" if they lost out on the big 3. Save the money and go after Carmelo next year. Don't do like the Knicks did and spend money just because you have it available. Once you start spreading Joe Johnson money around to the David Lee's of the world, you're setting yourself up for nothing but cap trouble.

ever

Get ready for the overpayment stampede once the big names go down. There are still a lot of teams with cap space. I just hope that the Kings don't chase. I don't think they will if Petrie has any say in it. But if the Maloofs are driving the boat .....ETA: I'm so good at mixed metaphors, I don't even know I'm doing it anymore. :highfive:
Everything that I have heard is that the Kings will wait until next year when the CBA will make the cost of players cheaper. I'm on board with this as it will give Evans and Cousins a year to play together.
Not to mention the team needs help at the guard spots, and there's nobody out there this offseason that would be a difference maker at those positions.

It will be very interesting to see if Miami's approach works. They effectively are building a roster from scratch around 2 superstars. It's far easier to recruit talent when you have studs in place, but it's difficult to take a brand new team and win championships immediately. No doubt that the Heat will win a ton of regular season games with Wade, Bosh, and the 3rd talent they sign with their leftover $, but when you get deep in the playoffs role players become extremely important as mismatches are exploited to an even greater extent and decide who the winners are. Good for the NBA. This is exciting. :lmao:
Agree 100%. This will be a very interesting experiment.
Seems like the exact same experiment that the Celtics did a few years ago and they won the title.

State of LeBron: Live at 9, from his egoBy Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 17 minutes agoThe Championship of Me comes crashing into a primetime cable infomercial that LeBron James and his cronies have been working to make happen for months, a slow, cynical churning of manufactured drama that sports has never witnessed. As historic monuments go, this is the Rushmore of basketball hubris and narcissism. The vacuous star for our vacuous times. All about ‘Bron and all about nothing.James is throwing a few foosball tables at Boys & Girls Clubs, an empty gesture out of the empty superstar. He’s turned free agency into the title of our times, a preening pageant of fawning, begging and pleading. Hard-working people are dragged into municipalities and told to hold signs, chant scripted slogans and beg a diva who doesn’t care about them to accept a $100 million contract.Privately, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh weren’t pleased on Wednesday morning with the belief that James’ camp was responsible for leaking their plans to a television partner, but then again it makes perfect sense: This isn’t about Wade and Bosh choosing the Heat. It’s about LeBron getting the stage to himself on Thursday night.One front-office executive whose team made a presentation to LeBron James told Yahoo! Sports that he believes James is choosing between Miami and Cleveland. And yet, if James wants to deliver the biggest kick in the gut to his hometown, he’ll pick the flat-lined New York Knicks. Whatever the decision, he’s made clear that the teasing and tormenting of the loser isn’t his concern.Team LeBron is having the time of its life, but has no idea the repercussions of what it’s done here. All that comes to James now is the biggest burden to win a championship that sports has ever seen. They aren’t making James a bigger star with this big-top, but a bigger target. All those teams that marched into the presentations and listened to some of the foolish and naiuml;ve questions asked of them believed these kids had no idea what they were doing, or what they had gotten themselves into. They’re all feeling more validated every day. From beginning to end, this process has been a farce.On James’ new website, under the headline dubbing this TV debacle “The Decision,” there come these words: “Maverick Carter, CEO of LRMR Marketing said…” This explains everything. Carter’s marketing company isn’t doing so well trying to get its one client Jonny Flynn a used-car dealership endorsement in the Twin Cities, and now Carter’s going to try to justify all that plush office space, staff attorneys, private planes and resort hotels by translating the Championship of Me into the making of his reputation.Carter’s pushed one agent – Aaron Goodwin – and one advisor – William Wesley – aside because he wanted to be the voice in James’ ear and the one getting credit on the masthead. So far, Carter’s been a superstar at spending James’ money on LRMR, but now he’s getting the company name out there and turning LeBron into Mr. July after LeBron didn’t have the stomach to be Mr. June.Team LeBron had discussed a documentary on the free-agent process, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported, but the narrative changed after James’ Game 5 meltdown in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Carter says there was never a plan for a free-agent tour, but this is what he means: There was never a plan for James to get held accountable, to have his motivations and priorities called into doubt. There was never a plan for the blame to shift from Danny Ferry, Mike Brown and his Cavaliers teammates. There was never a plan that real-world rules applied to the self-proclaimed King.They scrapped the tour, the documentary and set sights on hijacking the network for an unprecedented special they believe will elevate James’ brand. Only, James has never looked smaller, never more insecure and unsure of who he is and what he wants to be. He won’t look so much like Kobe Bryant and David Beckham, but rather a three-star linebacker from Shaker Heights picking Bowling Green over Kent and Ohio U. on local access television.Team LeBron has known all along it was going to do this, and the cushy, protective relationship with that television network culminates with a basketball player commandeering his own coverage on his own terms. Now James and his buddies spoon out misdirection plays on his possible destination – feeding everyone for days and weeks that the Knicks were dead, only to say now, “Well…who knows?” – to build back drama for the infomercial.This is some plan they’ve hatched and some game they’re playing with those Cleveland fans who’ve been so relentlessly loyal to James. First, he marched the biggest suitors in the sport to come court him in downtown Cleveland with those pointless presentations. He wanted those people out there creating a visual public push-and-pull for him, and because James needed to be told something that probably isn’t completely true anymore: Cleveland loves him.Well, Cleveland craves him. Love is a strong word, and it ought to be unconditional, but loving a sports hero is the most conditional kind of love there is. Only, it was different with Cleveland. He’s one of them, but you still have to wonder: Are they one of him?James never shared that town’s angst with the Browns and Indians. He wanted winners in his life, and rooted for the Dallas Cowboys and New York Yankees. He doesn’t feel the pain of a city’s broken heart. Shaquille O’Neal leaving the Orlando Magic for the Los Angeles Lakers 14 years ago was a hard hit, but LeBron bailing on Cleveland is far more devastating on a different level.Everyone ridicules Cleveland, makes it a butt of jokes, but LeBron James has the chance to change all of that. And even then, it has to crush Cleveland’s sporting psyche that James could still walk out. If one of our own won’t stay, what does that say to the rest of the country?That’s the hardest part here, and that makes the possibility that James would go on national television – with those split-screen shots of stunned fans in Akron and Cleveland – and completely crush those people so impossible to believe. He couldn’t be that cold, that callous, that cunning? Or perhaps, maybe this is all a rollout – the website, the Twitter page and the infomercial – to introduce a new LeBron, a new city, to the world.Whatever happens, James and the television network will hide behind some money going to the Boys & Girls Clubs. But this isn’t about kids and sports, and it sure isn’t about the credibility that comes with winning championships. Something’s changed here, and LeBron James has gone a long way to devaluing winning and losing in the NBA. David Stern has long pushed the individual over team, marketed showy over substance, and LeBron James represents the manifestation of it all.Greatest talent to ever walk into this league, the self-proclaimed King, and now everyone gets a front-row, primetime seat for how it means to live without self-awareness, without restraint. The vacuous star for our vacuous times, live on Thursday night and fitting himself for a ring as the undisputed Championship of Me. All about ‘Bron and all about nothing.
pretty much agree with all of this...and yet this jagoff will still be sitting front and center with :lmao: watching
For sure. Basketball is alive again in Cleveland and it's fun. I'll def be :lmao: Although I will say, Woj has always been very rigid with Lebron, then will wipe his ### a few columns later. He also fails to point out how all these teams cutting costs and the media have taken turns driving this car over the past 2+ years.

It will be very interesting to see if Miami's approach works. They effectively are building a roster from scratch around 2 superstars. It's far easier to recruit talent when you have studs in place, but it's difficult to take a brand new team and win championships immediately.

No doubt that the Heat will win a ton of regular season games with Wade, Bosh, and the 3rd talent they sign with their leftover $, but when you get deep in the playoffs role players become extremely important as mismatches are exploited to an even greater extent and decide who the winners are.

Good for the NBA. This is exciting. :lmao:
Seems like the exact same experiment that the Celtics did a few years ago and they won the title.
Really? The exact same experiment?

My fear in the whole thing is that the Bulls would feel the need to do "something" if they lost out on the big 3. Save the money and go after Carmelo next year. Don't do like the Knicks did and spend money just because you have it available. Once you start spreading Joe Johnson money around to the David Lee's of the world, you're setting yourself up for nothing but cap trouble.
well, hey, on the positive side the bulls still have many years of deng and noah ahead of them.

All signs are pointing to Melo signing with Denver, so I don't think he is going to be an option for NY. I would hate to be a NY fan right now. Like I posted earlier, you spend two years tanking for what? Amare.....Ouch!!

All signs are pointing to Melo signing with Denver, so I don't think he is going to be an option for NY. I would hate to be a NY fan right now. Like I posted earlier, you spend two years tanking for what? Amare.....Ouch!!
I don't feel even slightly bad. You spend years yelling about how no other state is NY, no other city is NYC. Well the reality has come to kick NY square in the sack. NYC isn't what everything people say it is. High taxes, gross winters, nasty people, old arena, bad traffic. Like I said, don't even feel slightly bad.

Thanks in advance for Melo.

Would rather have Amare then the disaster they have had on the court for the last decade. At least it is a start for something but all along this has been only a slim chance.

It will be very interesting to see if Miami's approach works. They effectively are building a roster from scratch around 2 superstars. It's far easier to recruit talent when you have studs in place, but it's difficult to take a brand new team and win championships immediately.

No doubt that the Heat will win a ton of regular season games with Wade, Bosh, and the 3rd talent they sign with their leftover $, but when you get deep in the playoffs role players become extremely important as mismatches are exploited to an even greater extent and decide who the winners are.

Good for the NBA. This is exciting. :confused:
:( Obviously it's different players at different stages in their careers. But the idea is the same. Keep your one superstar. Add two more superstars from other teams. Fill in roster with a bunch of role players, young players, and players willing to take less than market value.

Good for the NBA. This is exciting. :unsure:
:shrug: Obviously it's different players at different stages in their careers. But the idea is the same. Keep your one superstar. Add two more superstars from other teams. Fill in roster with a bunch of role players, young players, and players willing to take less than market value.
A storyboard with lots of bright colors would be helpful here.

He is a below avg player last year in both metrics BTW due to his crappy % which were below his career averages and this is the worst his shot overall since his rookie year (TS%).
Ah yes, below average metrics because he can't shoot for ****. 450 attempts not enough? :shrug:You can sign a scrub from Europe or out of college for the minimum and he'll at least put in some effort. Why spend four million on a guy who's squandered his talent partying instead of, oh I don't know, working on his shot? :unsure:
The point is he sucks at scoring and grades poorly in those metrics because he sucks as a scorer. However, if you don't look for him to be a major scorer on the team then he can distribute the rock and play defense.Duhon is a very good floor general or did you choose to ignore the passing metrics that showed he was #5 in assists per 100 possessions and #6 in AST:TO ratio?Wonder what scrub from Europe or college player can run an NBA team like Duhon. He's not a star player but he'll be a very good back up for the Magic where he'll be asked to choose the best scoring option between Howard and three other 3 pointer shooters the floor. Sounds simple but you'd be surprised how many people mess that up.Finally do you think he is an upgrade over Jason Williams?

Users who are viewing this thread