What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

12 team PPR

Gave: 2.08

Got: Foles

I still have 1.03, 2.01 and 2.03
Super cheap for Foles. The counter to an offer I made for Foles was asking for my 1.07 and 2.12, which I thought wasn't crazy but just more than I was willing to pay based on my team since I have Russell Wilson already and would rather use the 1.07 on another position.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see him as someone capable of stepping right in to Charles' role at all, particularly in the passing game.
I believe wholeheartedly in Alex Smith's ability to dink and dunk.
Absolutely. I just think we'd see more McCluster in the backfield, Gray, Sherman, etc as opposed to Knile Davis getting the majority of Charles' looks.
Were those guys playing in week 17 and the wild card game?
Right, because a meaningless week 17 game and one playoff game where they unexpectedly lost Charles d/t injury tells the entire story about how they'd gameplan in the face of losing Charles for a long period of time.

Coeur de Lion said:
menobrown said:
I don't see him as someone capable of stepping right in to Charles' role at all, particularly in the passing game.
I believe wholeheartedly in Alex Smith's ability to dink and dunk.
Absolutely. I just think we'd see more McCluster in the backfield, Gray, Sherman, etc as opposed to Knile Davis getting the majority of Charles' looks.
Were those guys playing in week 17 and the wild card game?
Right, because a meaningless week 17 game and one playoff game where they unexpectedly lost Charles d/t injury tells the entire story about how they'd gameplan in the face of losing Charles for a long period of time.
Yes, I think how they actually used the players in Charles absence is considerably more telling than how you think they would be used.

Speaking of Foles:

Gave-

Nick Foles

Got-

Stefon Diggs

Dwayne Allen

12 tm devy league - 1 QB

May be a little light for Foles but I have Brees and wanted to get some value for Foles without just giving him away. Hard to get a lot of trade value for a QB in this league typically.

If Charles got hurt, Davis would get the majority of the touches. Not sure why that's a question. Mccluster??? Gray? Cmon.

May be a little light for Foles but I have Brees and wanted to get some value for Foles without just giving him away. Hard to get a lot of trade value for a QB in this league typically.
I would rather hold on to Foles, myself. But you're right; QB value is all over the place in established leagues, especially 12 teamers. As you own Brees, I don't think you got bad value, even though I would have passed.

If Charles got hurt, Davis would get the majority of the touches. Not sure why that's a question. Mccluster??? Gray? Cmon.
That's not the argument. The argument is whether or not Davis steps into Charles' full role and provides top-10 RB production. Of course Davis would get "the majority of the touches." Personally I doubt that he's effective enough to be fully featured as both a runner and receiver over a long stretch of games. YMMV.

Garcon may not be the most talented WR in the league, but the guy produces. I would surely take the Austin and Patterson side however.
Yeah, I realize Garcon could outproduce Patterson for 2 years and it would look foolish but I think it is worth the gamble in a lot of cases. If you can't afford to lose Garcon you don't do it (in a theoretical trade for just Patterson).

That's not the argument. The argument is whether or not Davis steps into Charles' full role and provides top-10 RB production. Of course Davis would get "the majority of the touches." Personally I doubt that he's effective enough to be fully featured as both a runner and receiver over a long stretch of games. YMMV.
If you are saying Davis is not a top 10 rb, then duh. Is anyone saying otherwise? Not many guys can fill charless shoes.

I also don't think pierce would be top 10 either.

If you are saying Davis is not a top 10 rb, then duh. Is anyone saying otherwise? Not many guys can fill charless shoes. I also don't think pierce would be top 10 either.
Read back a bit. Top 10 or better every week is what the guy is arguing.

Read back a bit. Top 10 or better every week is what the guy is arguing.
Obviously there's a huge difference between RB1 and RB10. Maybe 9 or 10 points again, 40% of the production. I don't think "RB10+" is unreasonable especially if it is a 4-6 week stretch in the mid-late part of the season if he can come in with fresh legs. While you're right he is injury prone and hasn't set the world on fire, he has pluses too including coach, QB, and ability to break an occasional long one. He doesn't have 130+ total yards every week and at least one score, but he gets most the running TDs, decent yardage and decent receptions. Barring injury I don't think DMc, Sherman, or Gray are any threat to low RB1 type of upside. Of course I think there's about 200 RBs in the world who have RB2 upside, so the fact that KC/Reid tend to feature a RB and the offense is WC and dink/dunk, I think a lot of those 200 would be nice adds if they were in the same situation as Knile. My only concern really is projecting too much from 2013. A lot of things are possible, including KC crashing back to earth, their OL not being as strong, their D not being as strong. I mean, a lot of Ben Tate owners out there praying and hoping for a chance for him to start, but when that happens the team is terrible and there's a revolving door at QB, so who knows about KC. I have some faith in Reid to put an offense out there, though, regardless of circumstance.

Just did this one:

10 team, start 1 qb,2rb,3wr,1te,1flex(any),+ idp. 1ppr.

I gave:

Trent Richardson (6 years left) + 1.10

He gave:

About 60% of his FABB for the year.

This can be used in our upcoming RFA period, where players up for bid consist of Megatron, McCoy, AP, Peyton, Dez Bryant, Harvin etc.

I needed the cash to try to protect Megatron (I can match the highest offer) or make a push for Bryant/Harvin as a consolation prize if I lose Megatron. He was about middle of pack as far as budget was concerned and had no key RFA to try to protect. This puts me at # 2 with a decent margin between 3rd. Although there are some nuances, as a majority of those players will likely receive the Franchise Tag, making them extremely expensive and likely unobtainable.

Fwiw mid first round picks usually sell for about 40% of the yearly FABB.

Just did this one:

I gave:

He gave:

This can be used in our upcoming RFA period, where players up for bid consist of Megatron, McCoy, AP, Peyton, Dez Bryant, Harvin etc.

I needed the cash to try to protect Megatron (I can match the highest offer) or make a push for Bryant/Harvin as a consolation prize if I lose Megatron. He was about middle of pack as far as budget was concerned and had no key RFA to try to protect. This puts me at # 2 with a decent margin between 3rd. Although there are some nuances, as a majority of those players will likely receive the Franchise Tag, making them extremely expensive and likely unobtainable.

If you got the equivalent of a late first for TRich I think I would have kept him.

If it turns into Dez it was a good deal.

Just did this one:

I gave:

He gave:

If you got the equivalent of a late first for TRich I think I would have kept him.

If it turns into Dez it was a good deal.
Yah, it's a gamble. Really depends on how people's "snotes" change as people start jockeying before our RFA period starts. Could end up that I need even more if I wanna try to protect Megatron and go after another player.

12 team PPR

Team A got: Doug Martin

Team B got: Alshon Jeffrey
Still Martin for me I think but it really is close
Me too but easy. Would only do it if I was wr desperate.
Alshon for me pretty easily. I'm not sold on Martin
I don't understand that. They both have one really good year under their belts and one bad year. Is this just a case of what have you done for me lately?

Three deals that just went down

12 team dynasty PPR TE bonus

Trade 1

Team A gets

AP and pick 1.6

Team B gets Lesean McCoy

Trade 2

Team C gets

Dwayne Bowe, Ridley and pick 2.5

Team D gets

Roddy White, Greshem and a 2015 3rd rounde

Trade 3

Team E gets

Julio Jones

Team F gets

Dez Bryant

12 team PPR

I don't understand that. They both have one really good year under their belts and one bad year. Is this just a case of what have you done for me lately?
I prefer Jeffery but can see both sides

Trade 1

Team A gets

AP and pick 1.6

Team B gets Lesean McCoy

Trade 2

Team C gets

Team D gets

Trade 3

Team E gets

Julio Jones

Team F gets

Dez Bryant
Give me Team E, Team C, and Team B

msudaisy26 said:
Matt said:

Trade 1

Team A gets

AP and pick 1.6

Team B gets Lesean McCoy

Trade 2

Team C gets

Team D gets

Trade 3

Team E gets

Julio Jones

Team F gets

Dez Bryant
Give me Team E, Team C, and Team B
F C and B for me

0.5 PPR

Gave:

Lamar Miller

Jordan Cameron

2014 1.11

Got:

Rob Gronkowski

Frank Gore

Kendall Hunter

2014 3.02

msudaisy26 said:
LBH said:
beef said:
maxhyde said:
Deuceman said:
12 team PPR

Alshon's bad year was his rookie year man, that is meaningless after putting up 1,500 in his second year. He has 8-9 yrs of high level production left. Martin's bad year was last year, the guys that came in after him put up numbers as good or as better, they're not going away and the new OC has said he wants a multi-back system. That aside, Martin has at most 4yrs of high level production left.

I could see the case for either, but I'll take Alshon

msudaisy26 said:
LBH said:
beef said:
maxhyde said:
Deuceman said:
12 team PPR

Alshon's bad year was his rookie year man, that is meaningless after putting up 1,500 in his second year. He has 8-9 yrs of high level production left. Martin's bad year was last year, the guys that came in after him put up numbers as good or as better, they're not going away and the new OC has said he wants a multi-back system. That aside, Martin has at most 4yrs of high level production left.

I could see the case for either, but I'll take Alshon
Saying the guys that came in after played better is a misperception, James had one nice game and on a small sample size he did average 5 ypc, Rainey averaged 3.77 ypc with a couple of nice games and Martin was 3.60 with one nice game. Coaches can say what they want but I doubt he is going to have a 3 back system with Martin, Rainey and James. The Bucs were a mess for most of the year.

12 team ppr

#11 gave up:

Lewis, Dion CLE RB

Todman, Jordan JAC RB

Jones, Julio ATL WR

Year 2015 Round 4 Draft Pick from THROW IT TO #11

Year 2015 Round 5 Draft Pick from THROW IT TO #11

The Real McCoy gave up:

Blackmon, Justin JAC WR

Shorts, Cecil JAC WR

Cameron, Jordan CLE TE

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.05

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.06

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.08

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.09

Year 2014 Draft Pick 3.09

Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from The Real McCoy

Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from The Real McCoy (mid? Pending if baker/Lewis or Todman/Robinson work out could be high)

12 team ppr

#11 gave up:

Lewis, Dion CLE RB

Todman, Jordan JAC RB

Jones, Julio ATL WR

The Real McCoy gave up:

Blackmon, Justin JAC WR

Shorts, Cecil JAC WR

Cameron, Jordan CLE TE

Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from The Real McCoy (mid? Pending if baker/Lewis or Todman/Robinson work out could be high)
Julio side for me by forever and I like Cameron alot

12 team ppr

#11 gave up:

Lewis, Dion CLE RB

Todman, Jordan JAC RB

Jones, Julio ATL WR

The Real McCoy gave up:

Blackmon, Justin JAC WR

Shorts, Cecil JAC WR

Cameron, Jordan CLE TE

I think I like the other side, particularly if I'm rebuilding and it's a TE req league. Lot of nice value with all those picks.

12 team ppr

#11 gave up:

Jones, Julio ATL WR

The Real McCoy gave up:

Blackmon, Justin JAC WR

Shorts, Cecil JAC WR

Cameron, Jordan CLE TE

Year 2014 Draft Pick 2.05, 2.06, 2.08, 2.09, 3.09

I think I like the other side, particularly if I'm rebuilding and it's a TE req league. Lot of nice value with all those picks.
There's a high likelihood that those 2nd's are busts, I wouldn't expect much from them. The entire trade hinges on Blackmon staying sober - not a bet I'd like to take with a player like Julio.

12 team PPR

Thomas Tyner

For

TY Hilton
whos Thomas Tyner
This must mean you don't read EBF's posts.
Should be the top RB taken in 2016.
A lot can happen in 3 years. Bryce Brown was once the best thing since slice bread too. Remember the phenom Delmon Young in baseball? I consider it a huge risk taking players just out of HS (just remembering Tyner and EBF taking him last year). I'm not saying Tyner will be a bust, but the risk is there, even if he's the next ADP.

12 team PPR

Thomas Tyner

For

TY Hilton
whos Thomas Tyner
This must mean you don't read EBF's posts.
Should be the top RB taken in 2016.
A lot can happen in 3 years. Bryce Brown was once the best thing since slice bread too. Remember the phenom Delmon Young in baseball? I consider it a huge risk taking players just out of HS (just remembering Tyner and EBF taking him last year). I'm not saying Tyner will be a bust, but the risk is there, even if he's the next ADP.
While I know who he is I really have trouble with those 2+ year projects.

I don't even really like TY but I will keep the guy who plays the next 2 years even if the other guy is the next ADP. I think I would opt for a less risky return on TY.

Users who are viewing this thread