What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (4 Viewers)

14 team salary cap league. (400 cap)

Gave: Harvin at $53

Got: Foles at $1

L. Green at $1

opens up salary for auction and still have Green, Allen, Crabtree and Randle to plug in at WR

Last edited by a moderator:
14 team salary cap league. (400 cap)

Gave: Harvin at $53

Got: Foles at $1

L. Green at $1

opens up salary for auction and still have Green, Allen, Crabtree and Randle to plug in at WR
That looks like not that great a move if no salary. But with harvin at like 13% of the salary, I think it makes it look pretty god. Plus Foles has more value in a 14 team league.

I say good move, and made even better since you have good WRs

Thats a decent return for Charles if rebuilding.

The 2015 1st belongs to the team getting Charles though.

I dont like the deal if Team be can compete now though
Team A can compete this year and was a bit unlucky with injuries last year. He has Rodgers, Doug Martin, Victor Cruz, Fitz, Randall Cobb, Jimmy Graham, and the 1.01 (Watkins).

Thats a decent return for Charles if rebuilding.

The 2015 1st belongs to the team getting Charles though.

I dont like the deal if Team be can compete now though
Team A can compete this year and was a bit unlucky with injuries last year. He has Rodgers, Doug Martin, Victor Cruz, Fitz, Randall Cobb, Jimmy Graham, and the 1.01 (Watkins).
I meant Team B. If team B can compete then I dont like the deal for him giving up Charles.

But if Team B is rebuilding, then picks 3/6 and another future 1st is good. Although it is sure to be a LATE 2015 1st if that already good team is adding charles

bengalbuck said:
Blockbuster just went down.

FFPC (12 team PPR dynasty, 1.5 PPR for TE)

Pick 1 (sure to be Watkins)

Ben Tate

Keenan Allen

Marvin Jones

pick 17

for

Lesean Mccoy

Dez Bryant

Bryce Brown
Like the McCoy/Dez side there.

Seems unlikely that the Watkins side will win unless Ben Tate blows up. Watkins/Allen have some youth on McCoy/Dez, but more question marks.

Guessing that the Watkins/Allen side is trying to fill out a starting lineup while the other team is combining spare parts for elite players.

Almost always better to be the latter IMO.
EBF is probably my favorite poster, so this kinda makes me want to vomit, since I am on the Watkins/Allen side of this trade.Obviously I don't feel Shady will outscore Tate by more than 50 this year.time will tell. But the addition of Sproles to the Iggles has to hurt Shady, and while I don't believe Tate is a top talent RB, he is in a GREAT situation in Cle. Incentive based contract, good O-line, no competition for carries, and the likelihood they add a solid piece to their Offense with the 4th pick in the draft.

Keenen is closer to Dez IMO than others believe. It will never seem that way, cuz Dez is a beast of a man (no homo) and plays on the the high profile Cowboys, but Keenen will score really close to him in PPR leagues year in year out.

Marvin Jones is an X factor, and if he produces, its a big bonus, but he does have a lot of uside as the WR2 in that offense.

More risk on our side, yeah, no doubt. But more reward as well.

Full team.

RG3

Kaepernick

Cutler

Ellington

Gore

Tate

T. Smith

K. Allen

M. Jones

Reggie Wayne

Givens

Brazil

G. Olsen

D. Walker

B. Pettigrew

Picks

I don't necessarily hate the trade, but I think you are really overrating Ben Tate if you think there is a good chance he scores near Shady.I personally pay very close attention to the details of contracts because I think they often tell you a lot about how a team views a guy they are signing. Ben Tate's contract screams backup RB. The Browns have 5 picks in the top 75 or so of the draft in 2 weeks. I personally think there's a 75% chance that one of those early picks is used on a RB. At which point Tate's value falls like a rock...
Or it screams we'll pay you if you can stay on the field. Which is the only concern in my mind on his production in Cle the next two years. But I have that concern with every player, and don't put too much stock in past injuries.

The guy has proven he can produce when on the field. Even if they take an RB in the draft this year, none ate head and shoulders above Tate's talent level.

Also gotta wonder why the team dealing away Charles didnt get pick 1 in that deal
Probably because a deal wouldn't have happened. Charles will be 28 in December.
I think if it came down to it and I was a very good team and a top rb would make me a ton better, I would have zero problem dealing pick 1 for Charles.

Not sure how much more, bit probably when a bit more.

Picks 3,6, and a future 1st I would think carry more value than pick 1 this year.

Also gotta wonder why the team dealing away Charles didnt get pick 1 in that deal
I think if it came down to it and I was a very good team and a top rb would make me a ton better, I would have zero problem dealing pick 1 for Charles.

Picks 3,6, and a future 1st I would think carry more value than pick 1 this year.
You would be wrong, because I'm the one who dealt for Charles and the 1.1 would have been a deal breaker for me. I had plenty of ammunition for Charles that didn't include the 1.1 and feel as if giving up 3 1st rd picks was plenty fair, as has been stated in this thread already. I felt as if I could win with or without Charles if I didn't have the type of injuries I had last year.

duaneok66 said:
Agree with the people favoring Mcoy/Dez - two proven stars at the position. The other side is wishing.
A little wishing, sure.

But I believe that the defficiency between Keenen/Tate and Dez/Shady can be made up by Sammy, Jones, and what we develop by adding the 2.5 pick.

We "may" suffer in year 1 and 2, but the idea is we are much better years 3-10. All wishing on Sammy, of course. But a pretty safe guy to wish on.

You would be wrong, because I'm the one who dealt for Charles and the 1.1 would have been a deal breaker for me. I had plenty of ammunition for Charles that didn't include the 1.1 and feel as if giving up 3 1st rd picks was plenty fair, as has been stated in this thread already. I felt as if I could win with or without Charles if I didn't have the type of injuries I had last year.
I like the deal for you that you made to get Charles. If the 2015 1st was projected to be high it would change things, but if it is your own 2015 1st then it SHOULD be in the 8-12 range.

And for you specifically, I can see pick 1 being a deal breaker for YOU because you are very high on Watkins, so i can see that.

That, and you had more than enough ammo to get charles and keep that pick.

duaneok66 said:
Agree with the people favoring Mcoy/Dez - two proven stars at the position. The other side is wishing.
A little wishing, sure.

But I believe that the defficiency between Keenen/Tate and Dez/Shady can be made up by Sammy, Jones, and what we develop by adding the 2.5 pick.

We "may" suffer in year 1 and 2, but the idea is we are much better years 3-10. All wishing on Sammy, of course. But a pretty safe guy to wish on.
Assumign watkins isnt that good of a play THIS year, I can see Mccoy 100 points over Tate, and Dez 50 points over Allen (just my projections) which would hurt your team a lot THIS year and make ours a lot better THIS year.

As for 2015, anyones ballgame there.

I like the deal for us cause we have enough to win it all now and for a couple years with this deal, plus we are young enough with some of our key pieces that it isnt a total future killer.

You had the option to take either our 2015 1st, or Marvin and pick 17 this year.

I know pick 17 and Marvin is PROBABLY more value than our 2015 1st, but I am glad we got to keep that pick. Insurance in case we get the severe injury bug of Staph proportions.

And we weren't dealing pick 1 unless a stud was involved anyway.

Next year's 1st is likely going to be towards the end of round 1, and pick 16 this year holds more value with the depth of thos year's draft. Add Marvin to that and it was an easy choice.

Next year's 1st is likely going to be towards the end of round 1, and pick 16 this year holds more value with the depth of thos year's draft. Add Marvin to that and it was an easy choice.
I can see that on your end.

On my end I am glad to keep the future 1st just for insurance. 3-4 major injuries and another prison sentence like last year and we miss the playoffs again

12 team ppr QRRWWWTKDF

Gave: '15 1st, Knowshon Moreno, Dwayne Bowe, Marvin Jones

Received: Jordan Cameron, 2.06, 3.06, 3.12

Main pieces for me

Rodgers

Shady, Spiller

Dez, Garcon, Welker, Streater, Cooks

Jimmy, Cameron

Panthers

Edit: Took Allen Robinson OTC at 2.06
A couple of smaller deals I've done since

Gave: 3.09 (Turned into Marlon Grice)

Received: 4.03, '15 3rd (probably middle)

Gave: Geno Smith

Received: 4.12, '15 3rd (probably late)

Only other deal done during the draft was:

Team A gives: Philip Rivers

Team B gives: Riley Cooper, Greg Jennings

FFPC

Pick 25

pick 34

Chicago D

for

Seattle D

a 5th, 6th, and 7th rounder
This seems like a lot for a D, especially with the extra juice in the rookie drafts due to only being able to keep 14 position players.

That said, it is quite possible Seattle's D outperforms 2 3rd rounders that might be cut by week 5 anyway.

FFPC

Pick 25

pick 34

Chicago D

for

Seattle D

This seems like a lot for a D, especially with the extra juice in the rookie drafts due to only being able to keep 14 position players.

That said, it is quite possible Seattle's D outperforms 2 3rd rounders that might be cut by week 5 anyway.
If they score 25 more than the D's I would have played with otherwise, I'll take it.

Dez/Mccoy and it's not close. Dez is here to stay and Mccoy is Mccoy. He is proven and not slowing down at all yet

This justin hunter trade, like most justin hunter trades, makes no sense to me whatsoever.
I gotta agree...people are trading for Hunter like he's already done it.

The 1.04 gets you a high-end starter, what, 8 times out of ten, across a three year span, post-pick....?

Even if the 2015 2nd is the 2.01, I'll take the 2014 1.04 by a wide margin.

I had decided to rebuild via picks in this league, but the lure of Charles was too much for me. I missed out on this deal above which I had an offer of less on the table to accept, but Johnny had his go through -- Maclin, Dwayne Allen, 2014 1.09, another owners 2015 1st (mid pack) and my own 2015 1st (if getting Charles, then may have been high). Owner definitely got the better deal in his, but I probably shouldn't have hesitated so much.

Since not getting this deal I decided to go another path below ....

I traded: Knowshon Moreno, Andre Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Jason Witten and the 2014 1.09

I received: Julio Jones and Jordan Cameron

Maybe it was just as good I didn't get Charles. Team core is set with Bernard, Jones, Jeffery, Cameron and 3 1st rounders next year.

I traded: Knowshon Moreno, Andre Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Jason Witten and the 2014 1.09

Maybe it was just as good I didn't get Charles. Team core is set with Bernard, Jones, Jeffery, Cameron and 3 1st rounders next year.
Julio/Cameron

FFPC

Pick 25

pick 34

Chicago D

for

Seattle D

I actually think due to the FFPC off-season rosters it's gives extra value for D's and K's since you have to keep one of each and relative to your roster size they make up a larger chunk of your team than in most leagues.

So I can see some reasoning behind it but I'd still probably not do that trade this year mainly because at this point I have 31 incoming rookies I'd grade out as fantsy second round draft picks and we'll see some veterans picked inside those 31. So while on paper those are third round picks to me they carry the same value as what I'd put a middle second and late second rounder in most years. That being said middle and late second rounders most years have low percentages of sticking on the roster so again I can see reasons for making this trade.

You should feel lucky the Charles trade didn't go through since Julio is worth that by himself.

You should feel lucky the Charles trade didn't go through since Julio is worth that by himself.
I really liked the Julio / Cameron deal for FFKing.

Was going to say the exact same thing.

No idea how you got that done but good job!

I actually think due to the FFPC off-season rosters it's gives extra value for D's and K's since you have to keep one of each and relative to your roster size they make up a larger chunk of your team than in most leagues.

So I can see some reasoning behind it but I'd still probably not do that trade this year mainly because at this point I have 31 incoming rookies I'd grade out as fantsy second round draft picks and we'll see some veterans picked inside those 31. So while on paper those are third round picks to me they carry the same value as what I'd put a middle second and late second rounder in most years. That being said middle and late second rounders most years have low percentages of sticking on the roster so again I can see reasons for making this trade.
Seattle D scored a decent amount more points than all the other non top 3-4 defenses. I dont have the exact numbers but it was probably like 30-40 points more than what we would have had, if not 50 points.

That is a VERY large discrepency. Thats like having Julius Thomas scoring 240 instead of having Delanie walker who scores like 190.

Of course, they could easily regress and score like 140 this year instead of the 200 they scored last year..........but you can just as easily draft a dud at pick 25.

I like the move for us given our roster is definitely set up to win now and for the next few years.

Also, in a startup I am pretty confident Seattle D goes a few rounds or more ahead of wherever that 25th pick in this draft will go.

I agree with you that the top D and K are underrated a bit. I can understand taking the picks side also this year, but when you are set up to make a run at a BYE for a couple years, and you have a weakness at D, getting the best D for a couple 3rds (while getting a few later picks back which have provided value for us several times in the past) was an easy decision for me.

Seattle D scored a decent amount more points than all the other non top 3-4 defenses. I dont have the exact numbers but it was probably like 30-40 points more than what we would have had, if not 50 points.

That is a VERY large discrepency. Thats like having Julius Thomas scoring 240 instead of having Delanie walker who scores like 190.

Of course, they could easily regress and score like 140 this year instead of the 200 they scored last year..........but you can just as easily draft a dud at pick 25.

I like the move for us given our roster is definitely set up to win now and for the next few years.

Also, in a startup I am pretty confident Seattle D goes a few rounds or more ahead of wherever that 25th pick in this draft will go.

I agree with you that the top D and K are underrated a bit. I can understand taking the picks side also this year, but when you are set up to make a run at a BYE for a couple years, and you have a weakness at D, getting the best D for a couple 3rds (while getting a few later picks back which have provided value for us several times in the past) was an easy decision for me.
If you have to keep a D/K trading late picks for the top one(s) isn't a bad idea imo

Pick 25 could easily be a good player, but Seattle IS a good defense and will have a nife positive impact over the bad D we woulda used.

Pick 25 could easily be a good player, but Seattle IS a good defense and will have a nife positive impact over the bad D we woulda used.
No one knows what pick 25 could have been might have been the next Keenan Allen or the next guy that wastes a roster spot until you cut him or might have been a guy who you keep for 4 weeks does nothing you cut him and he becomes the next Zac Stacy as it happened to me last year.

What I do know is Seattle DF is likely to be pretty good and I don't have to worry about what DF to play each week just plug and play and forget.

Without a taxi squad any pick you take sits on your 20 man roster is in danger of getting cut or is a potential albatross for your roster.

Here was another fun one in my 12 team dynasty. Large rosters (up to 35) and up to 30 man taxi squad where players can be kept up to 3 years. SAlary cap.

2015 1st (looks like a pretty good bet to be a playoff team)

for these picks this year:

Users who are viewing this thread