What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

Here is an awful one for a 12 team PPR league (Memphis is defending champion)

[SIZE=medium]Puerto Rico[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] gave up:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Brees, Drew NOS QB[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Memphis [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]gave up:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Romo, Tony DAL QB[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Davis, Knile KCC RB[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thompkins, Kenbrell NEP WR[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Year 2014 Draft Pick 5.12[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Year 2016 Round 3 Draft Pick from Memphis[/SIZE]

Year 2016 Round 4 Draft Pick from Memphis
Great QB upgrade at minimal cost.
I could almost understand this if Romo were a younger but equally valued QB.

Other than Knile - MAYBE, he didn't get much to show for Brees.

Pretty much a no brainer to take Brees for this package.

C. Palmer and a 2015 1st for C. Latimer and K. Robinson
Palmer for Robinson are essentially window dressing for me; that's basically Latimer for a future 1st. Going to depend a lot on the future first. If it's late, that's a strong deal for the Latimer side. If it's mid, that's probably a wash or a small loss. If it's high, then the Latimer side just lost his shirt.

Unless I was stacked and confident the pick would be late, I wouldn't take that gamble.

C. Palmer and a 2015 1st for C. Latimer and K. Robinson
Palmer for Robinson are essentially window dressing for me; that's basically Latimer for a future 1st. Going to depend a lot on the future first. If it's late, that's a strong deal for the Latimer side. If it's mid, that's probably a wash or a small loss. If it's high, then the Latimer side just lost his shirt.

Unless I was stacked and confident the pick would be late, I wouldn't take that gamble.
Agreed

PPR Dynasty

Traded Andre Williams for Terrance West
West for me

12 Team ppr QB/ 2RB / 3WR / TE/ FL

Gronk side so fast

Oof

I wouldn't trade Gronk by himself for all of that, never mind including Pierce and a 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Team PPR

Team A gave up:

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB
Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team C
Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team A

Team B gave up:
Adams, Davante GBP WR

Both picks are tough to gauge. Both likely mid to late.

Non-ppr, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE:

Ertz, Fitzgerald and Chris Johnson

for

Gronk (and scrubs)
Gronk smash.
Lol, probably time to just make this your sig!
Lol. I've honestly thought about posting a fake Percy for Gronk trade just to see which way Adam would go. I think he'd labor over it for hours or maybe even days!
Please don't do that, you'll break the machine.
:lmao:

12 Team PPR

Team A gave up:

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Team B gave up:

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Wow! I'm a Davante Adams owner, but I would gladly part with him for that deal.

Oof

I wouldn't trade Gronk by himself for all of that, never mind including Pierce and a 1st.
Yea, it's weird that the Gronk side had to include a 1st. Total overpay.

Oof

Vetoable and I never say that. Take Gronk out of it and I still favor the side getting Pierce and the 1st.

12 Team PPR

Team A gave up:

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Team B gave up:

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Tannehill and the picks for me

Gronk Smash! LOL
Sometimes, it's warranted...

Oof

Vetoable and I never say that. Take Gronk out of it and I still favor the side getting Pierce and the 1st.
I was on the side getting Gronk and I can assure you the other side is a very knowledgeable/successful owner and there was no collusion.

While I'm happy with the trade and I can see the point some of the Gronk supporters are making, the bolded is a strange comment as Mathews was very productive last season, especially in the second half of the season. Thomas caught 77 balls last season and Sproles is now gone and Cooper had a nice rapport with Foles and is still improving.

I think maybe the other owner was a little shell shocked by all of Gronk's injuries as I know he's been actively shopping him around hard. (ETA: Plus he also owns Julius Thomas). One league member has agreed with the masses here so far, and while I thought I made out well I didn't think it was that big of a steal.

In fact I pushed hard for the first to make the deal worth doing for me, since making the deal leaves me with having to rotate either Pierce, Danny Woodhead, Knowshon Moreno or Jeremy Hill at RB, making me long shot for a playoff spot.

I have a pretty good team other than at RB (but thought I'd rebuild a bit based on the strength of the league's top two teams).

12 Team PPR

Team A gave up:

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Team B gave up:

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Tanny and the picks, easily.

Oof

I was on the side getting Gronk and I can assure you the other side is a very knowledgeable/successful owner and there was no collusion.

While I'm happy with the trade and I can see the point some of the Gronk supporters are making, the bolded is a strange comment as Mathews was very productive last season, especially in the second half of the season. Thomas caught 77 balls last season and Sproles is now gone and Cooper had a nice rapport with Foles and is still improving.

I think maybe the other owner was a little shell shocked by all of Gronk's injuries as I know he's been actively shopping him around hard. (ETA: Plus he also owns Julius Thomas). One league member has agreed with the masses here so far, and while I thought I made out well I didn't think it was that big of a steal.

In fact I pushed hard for the first to make the deal worth doing for me, since making the deal leaves me with having to rotate either Pierce, Danny Woodhead, Knowshon Moreno or Jeremy Hill at RB, making me long shot for a playoff spot.

I have a pretty good team other than at RB (but thought I'd rebuild a bit based on the strength of the league's top two teams).
if you couldn't flex a TE, maybe it could be a decent deal without the 1st. as it is, you took him to the cleaners.

Oof

Mathews is really the only thing of value you gave up- the rest is just roster-filler in dynasty. You not only got the best player in the deal by far, but also good RB prospects and a 1st. It's really not close.

Wow... the 1st is really on the wrong side of that one. (Even if the pick was on the other side, Gronk would still be smashing and dashing.)

12 Team PPR

Team A gave up:

Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

Team B gave up:

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Like with the Latimer trade, the risk doesn't seem commensurate with the upside for the side giving up the picks.

Oof

IN some deeper leagues, I could see trading Gronk for all of that- but I don't see why both Pierce AND a 1st would be needed. Definate overpay. IN shallower leagues, Gronk alone would be enough.

12 team PPR. 1 PPR - WR and 1.5 PPR - TE

Traded: Jimmy Graham and Wes Welker

Received: Julio Jones and Jordan Reed

At 1.5 PPR for TE's, Graham is the #1 scoring non-QB player in the league. Hard to refuse an opportunity to get a top 5 dynasty WR and a potential young, top scoring TE though.

Oof

In fact I pushed hard for the first to make the deal worth doing for me.
that's just rubbing it in on the guy you fleeced.

More rookie trades (.5 ppr)

OBJ and Jordan Matthews for Brandin Cooks

Different league (.5 ppr)

Davante Adams for 2015 1st

I read through this top to bottom so I was like "Ok SD backfield, PT, Cooper, Miller are all rather "blah" type guys probably just depth on a roster. Then went on to the other side and said "Ok BAL backfield a useless wr, and PFFFFTTT (spits drink out of mouth) GRONK??????, AND A 1ST???????"

12 team PPR

Gave: B. Tate and C Givens

Got: 2015 1st rounder should be top 4, Russell Wilson and Tate probably the two best players on his roster.

I read through this top to bottom so I was like "Ok SD backfield, PT, Cooper, Miller are all rather "blah" type guys probably just depth on a roster. Then went on to the other side and said "Ok BAL backfield a useless wr, and PFFFFTTT (spits drink out of mouth) GRONK??????, AND A 1ST???????"
That's pretty much exactly what I did too.

OofI wouldn't trade Gronk by himself for all of that, never mind including Pierce and a 1st.
:goodposting:

Oof

While the guy getting gronk clearly fleeced the other owner, this is simply not true. Mathews > Pierce, and Cooper > the rest of the crap obtained except the 1st. Thomas and Miller are at least serviceable while Taliafero is a fourth tier rookie prospect barely even rosterable and Holmes is worthless at this point. I would much prefer the Mathews side without Gronk.

OofI wouldn't trade Gronk by himself for all of that, never mind including Pierce and a 1st.
:goodposting:
I wish I didn't post this trade. I'm starting to feel really bad :( . He said on the chat he was happy with the deal, after one owner expressed a negative opinion about the deal. Guy is a founding member of a league that goes back about 12 years and has been in the playoffs every year except for last season, so it's not like I took advantage of a noob. Still I guess I'll bend a bit the next time we discuss a deal, as we've always been good trade partners.

12 team PPR

Got: 2015 1st rounder should be top 4, Russell Wilson and Tate probably the two best players on his roster.
We had a discussion about this with respect to Toby Gerhart several pages back, but I love moves that convert non-core players into future firsts.

I wish I didn't post this trade. I'm starting to feel really bad :( . He said on the chat he was happy with the deal, after one owner expressed a negative opinion about the deal. Guy is a founding member of a league that goes back about 12 years and has been in the playoffs every year except for last season, so it's not like I took advantage of a noob. Still I guess I'll bend a bit the next time we discuss a deal, as we've always been good trade partners.
I wouldn't sweat it too much- the other guy was the guy who drove most of the negotiating process it seems, so it's not like you bent his arm into anything he didn't want. No sense in paying more than you're comfortable with for a guy- even a consensus stud like Gronk- just because you want to make sure the other guy gets fair market value.

I had Robert Griffin III when he was going nuts during the first half of his rookie year and one of my leaguemates approached me about buying him. I told him that I was a huge RGIII fan and really wanted to own him for his entire career, so if he wanted to get him, it would take a clear and unambiguous overpay. So the guy offered me Stafford and three 2014 firsts for Griffin and a 2013 first. By market value, I wrecked him on that trade, but he really wanted Griffin, and I really didn't want to give Griffin up. At the end of the day, we were both happy with the outcome, which is what matters. Like you say, it's not like the other guy is too dumb to know what he wants.

Not quite a dynasty league (can keep 8)...

TE DEN Julius Thomas

-for-

WR CLE Josh Gordon

Oof

IN some deeper leagues, I could see trading Gronk for all of that- but I don't see why both Pierce AND a 1st would be needed. Definate overpay. IN shallower leagues, Gronk alone would be enough.
Yeah even without Gronk I would take Pierce and the 1st side but at least it would be close

TE DEN Julius Thomas

-for-

WR CLE Josh Gordon
Keeper makes this a strange deal. I guess if you pln on keeping Gordon it might work out but JT is probably better than I would expect to collect for Gordon now.

Good deal for the team selling Gordon today

More rookie trades (.5 ppr)

OBJ and Jordan Matthews for Brandin Cooks

Different league (.5 ppr)

Davante Adams for 2015 1st
OBJ/Matthews.

2015 1st unless it's projected to be late.
OBJ/Matthews

Adams unless the first has high probability of being top 3-4.
Agreed on both deals

12 team PPR

We had a discussion about this with respect to Toby Gerhart several pages back, but I love moves that convert non-core players into future firsts.
Great deal for a probable high 1st

Charles

for

CJ Spiller, Michael and Pierce

PPR

NOT the leauge in my signature.
Charles

But if you're rebuilding I get it
Agreed.

Adam Harstad said:
Dr. Octopus said:
I wouldn't sweat it too much- the other guy was the guy who drove most of the negotiating process it seems, so it's not like you bent his arm into anything he didn't want. No sense in paying more than you're comfortable with for a guy- even a consensus stud like Gronk- just because you want to make sure the other guy gets fair market value.

I had Robert Griffin III when he was going nuts during the first half of his rookie year and one of my leaguemates approached me about buying him. I told him that I was a huge RGIII fan and really wanted to own him for his entire career, so if he wanted to get him, it would take a clear and unambiguous overpay. So the guy offered me Stafford and three 2014 firsts for Griffin and a 2013 first. By market value, I wrecked him on that trade, but he really wanted Griffin, and I really didn't want to give Griffin up. At the end of the day, we were both happy with the outcome, which is what matters. Like you say, it's not like the other guy is too dumb to know what he wants.
Concur 100%. The guy liked the deal, you have no responsibility to make anything up for him, especially if he's an experienced and knowledgeable owner. Almost every trade every has some level of remorse, by one side or another, at some point. I don't see this as horrible as most are depicting it, and it makes me wonder how many of them have put Gronkoswki on the block to see what the market is bearing for him. Depending on the state of his roster, three of those guys are at least spot starters from day one, maybe more, and Matthews is still young enough to stay that productive. This is the kind of trade I love to make, and although I don't love the names involved, you could easily shuffle a couple to different guys in the same ADP range (Trent Richardson, Greg Jennings, Delanie Walker) to something I would accept as well.

You owe him nothing.

Non ppr 14 team qrwwft

Dez, Blount

For

Watkins, bradford, 2015 first

Both are contenders and both have stud qbs. The team getting bradford has brees and manziel. The team giving bradford has manning but no other qb.

Non ppr 14 team qrwwft

Dez, Blount

For

Watkins, bradford, 2015 first

Both are contenders and both have stud qbs. The team getting bradford has brees and manziel. The team giving bradford has manning but no other qb.
Am I safe in assuming that the 2015 first is likely to be late? If so, I'd take the Dez side. I don't see Sammy having upside beyond Dez's, and a late first isn't enough for me to assume the risk. Give me the proven stud in a "+" situation, especially if I'm contending.

If you're that high on Watkins--I guess you "gotta do what you gotta do".

lfh3 said:

TE DEN Julius Thomas

-for-

WR CLE Josh Gordon
Thomas for me. In a more traditional dynasty format, it might be a more difficult call. But not when I get--and have to--reset outside of my top 8 every year.

Users who are viewing this thread