What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official NY METS 2014 Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Obviously this success isn't sustainable unless the offense improves in a big way, but it's still nice to see the Mets winning games.
Agreed. With the anemic offense they will eventually go through losing 7 of 8 streak...but 2/3 against the cards is pretty good.Last few series have been very positive. Granderson getting hot sure would help a great deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously this success isn't sustainable unless the offense improves in a big way, but it's still nice to see the Mets winning games.
Agreed. With the anemic offense they will eventually go through losing 7 of 8 streak...but 2/3 against the cards is pretty good.Last few series have been very positive. Granderson getting hot sure would help a great deal.
Granderson getting hot would be great. Granderson even being league average would be huge though. And yeah, the pitching can't keep this up, but it's fun now, and they have a chance to do some damage this weekend against the Marlins.

Also, I'm getting a little perturbed by Terry's maniacal devotion to Torres as his "eighth inning guy." His arm is going to fall off by June.

3 outta 4 against the Cards makes it even better.

Top guy so far has to be Meija. So impressed with him. We've got some nice starting pitching.

3 outta 4 against the Cards makes it even better.Top guy so far has to be Meija. So impressed with him. We've got some nice starting pitching.
Yea looking forward to the call ups to see what the 2015 rotation can look like.

Any tradeable candidates this year?

Colon perhaps?

3 outta 4 against the Cards makes it even better.Top guy so far has to be Meija. So impressed with him. We've got some nice starting pitching.
Yea looking forward to the call ups to see what the 2015 rotation can look like.

Colon perhaps?
Yeah Colon has deadline bait written all over him.

Colon perhaps?
Yeah Colon has deadline bait written all over him.
He also makes 10 million next year as a 41 year old, which might temper some enthusiasm. But what a great win tonight, despite the horrific non-call of that strike 3 that Germen should have had.

Another series win and another good performance from a starting P.

6-4 home stand
Gee was great today. I still think that this offense isn't good, but it's good enough now and I'm enjoying it. I'd love for some success on this upcoming road trip. And it will be great to get Lagares back.

9 game road trip

2 @ PHI

4 @ COL

3 @ MIA

Even with a 4-5 road trip we would be at 18-16.

Lets hope for 5-4 and come out with a 19-15 record with Philly coming to town for 3 to then ensure a +500 record before 4 against the Yankees.

:thumbup:

comfortably numb said:
9 game road trip

2 @ PHI

4 @ COL

3 @ MIA

Lets hope for 5-4 and come out with a 19-15 record with Philly coming to town for 3 to then ensure a +500 record before 4 against the Yankees.

Be nice if Granderson/Darnaud got going here. i'd sign for a 4-5 trip for sure. That COL series scares me.

comfortably numb said:
9 game road trip

2 @ PHI

4 @ COL

3 @ MIA

Be nice if Granderson/Darnaud got going here. i'd sign for a 4-5 trip for sure. That COL series scares me.
Feels like Colorado trips always go bad.

comfortably numb said:
9 game road trip

2 @ PHI

4 @ COL

3 @ MIA

Is Darnaud related to Shaquille Oneal?

The downer who made a couple posts about Ike Davis after he had a hit and a grand slam for the Pirates, where has that guy been lately?

The downer who made a couple posts about Ike Davis after he had a hit and a grand slam for the Pirates, where has that guy been lately?
A Mets fan, assuming the worst? I'm shocked. :coffee: I guess getting to Colorado early can't hurt, right? I'm hoping for a split with this one.

A Mets fan, assuming the worst? I'm shocked. :coffee: I guess getting to Colorado early can't hurt, right? I'm hoping for a split with this one.
Not sure if you meant to quote me or not. Upthread there was a guy providing Ike Davis updates. That stopped now that Davis has gone 0 for his last 16.

Not sure if you meant to quote me or not. Upthread there was a guy providing Ike Davis updates. That stopped now that Davis has gone 0 for his last 16.
I got carried away with the triple crown thoughts but he is a lock for an NL MVP

Last edited by a moderator:
mets open letter to unloyal fans irks me. closer to my last straw here. hoping The wilpons tell teh blacks to stay away from games.

As a Mets fan, i'm cautiously optimistic. We're always waiting for the inevitable collapse. But this team has a special feel to it. Their pitching is going to keep them relevant barring injuries of course. But heck, we have Montero/Syndagard waiting as replacements. The offense like every year is really what scares you. Im not a Duda believer, he's a medicore DH to me. Tejada while playing much better defensiviely provides pretty much nothing with the bat. I would have loved Sandy to explore the Nick Franklin route. But geez, Brad Miller's patheticness will prevent that from going down im sure. Sandy needs to upgrade this offense, SS/1b most notably. I'd even sign Morales after that June date. He's def a better hitter then Duda, and they both stink defensively. I also wouldnt hesitate to upgrade in the OF. Chris Young meh. I'd much prefer him as my 4th OF. Do something Sandy. Thanks

As a Mets fan, i'm cautiously optimistic. We're always waiting for the inevitable collapse. But this team has a special feel to it. Their pitching is going to keep them relevant barring injuries of course. But heck, we have Montero/Syndagard waiting as replacements. The offense like every year is really what scares you. Im not a Duda believer, he's a medicore DH to me. Tejada while playing much better defensiviely provides pretty much nothing with the bat. I would have loved Sandy to explore the Nick Franklin route. But geez, Brad Miller's patheticness will prevent that from going down im sure. Sandy needs to upgrade this offense, SS/1b most notably. I'd even sign Morales after that June date. He's def a better hitter then Duda, and they both stink defensively. I also wouldnt hesitate to upgrade in the OF. Chris Young meh. I'd much prefer him as my 4th OF. Do something Sandy. Thanks
It is too bad the Mets didn't have the balls or money to pursue Jose Abreu. He would have solved some problems.

And dare she goes....

It is 'amazin' how this team collapses every year. They cant just flat out stink, they have to play really well, get the fans semi-excited, then just completely fall off a cliff.

they do flat out stink, the fans are apathetic at best and if you don't think hitting eric campbell 5th is falling off the cliff, then well........

Montero vs Tanaka.

Here is one we have been waiting for.

This is what this season was going to be about. Seeing what these young arms can do
I'm excited to see Montero tonight; all the scouting reports I've read have said that he projects as a 3rd starter type, but it's always fun to watch a new prospect and see what he can do.

Citi Field just completely saps power away from everyone. You have to literally crush the ball to get it out of the park. A huge part of Wrights' game was that Right-Centerfield power, thats pretty much gone now. Granderson is a dead pull hitter where 1/2 his Yankee stadium hr's probably dont even reach the track in Citi Field. What they need is 8 Daniel Murphys. Its the truth. Get contact hitters in this lineup that can spray the ball to all fields. Be nice to have Gomez/Pagan in this lineup right about now..ha! Guys like Duda/Grandy/C Young, low avg/'sorta power' guys dont work in this stadium. The only guys who probably wouldnt suffer here are Stanton/Fielder/Adam Dunn types..

I knew the name Frank Cashen, but it was only upon reading of his passing that I saw the awesome legacy he left behind.

He arrived not too long after the Mets traded Tom Seaver for Doug Flynn and Pat Zachary, and completely transformed them into an 80's powerhouse.

He drafted Gooden, Dykstra and Strawberry. He acquired Keith Hernandez and Ray Knight and Gary Carter. He fleeced a young Sid Fernandez from the Dodgers.

It was really interesting to read about the guy.

I'm fed up with the losing. The ownership has to go,they're pitiful,let them go f^@k up their personal finances without destroying The Mets franchise. They're LUCKY to have a player like David Wright decide to show loyalty and stay around this miserable ownership group. They're like a rudderless ship with broken navigation,absolutely clueless. I've been a fan of this team since I was 8 years old,I've seen awful teams,rebuilding teams and championship teams. I can accept when a team has to rebuild and fans need to be patient,but this is insane. How many more wasted seasons do fans have to endure before this franchise finds a direction? Wilpon and his clueless cronies need to exit stage left ASAP!

Rubi said:
I'm fed up with the losing. The ownership has to go,they're pitiful,let them go f^@k up their personal finances without destroying The Mets franchise. They're LUCKY to have a player like David Wright decide to show loyalty and stay around this miserable ownership group. They're like a rudderless ship with broken navigation,absolutely clueless. I've been a fan of this team since I was 8 years old,I've seen awful teams,rebuilding teams and championship teams. I can accept when a team has to rebuild and fans need to be patient,but this is insane. How many more wasted seasons do fans have to endure before this franchise finds a direction? Wilpon and his clueless cronies need to exit stage left ASAP!
I gave up on the season after the Cubs embarrassed the Mets in early June. The only thing keeping me interested in baseball is my fantasy team.

Rubi said:
I gave up on the season after the Cubs embarrassed the Mets in early June. The only thing keeping me interested in baseball is my fantasy team.
Same here. I'm used to giving up on them after the All-Star break or in August but this team is just pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread