What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL WIS XIV DRAFT THREAD*** (2 Viewers)

here's a quirk...

oso novato and the New Orleans Pelicans have the two best records in the NL. In their 11 head-to-head matchups, oso novato has won all 11.

though of course, i'm sure i've just jinxed the 12th game tonight.

the moops said:
Carlton Fisk has 20 rbi in his last 10 games including grand slams in back to back games vs moors.
I am throwing at his head from now on.
Good thing we sat him the last game of the series. Thanks oso, your sweep and my sweep has Hit and Run a game out of first in the division and currently in control of the NL wildcard race.

Last edited by a moderator:
here's a quirk...oso novato and the New Orleans Pelicans have the two best records in the NL. In their 11 head-to-head matchups, oso novato has won all 11. though of course, i'm sure i've just jinxed the 12th game tonight.
You drubbed my ### again, of course. My team's been ridiculously streaky.

RnR, we are tied for the wild card. Our last 3 game series starts at midnight. If you want to simlive those games, send me a PM when ready.

Magic number was 9, three days ago. It is all the way down to 8 now!

Have lost 7 straight. Chalmers is only 4 back with eleven games left. We end the season with 4 games. Yikes.

Hit and Run currently 2 games behind the Pelicans with a four game home series against the Pelicans starting this afternoon. Also one game behind Telly's Monsters for the wild card. 8 games to go.

clinched my division a few days ago. close out with 4 games against the Telly Monsters, and it looks like those will be meaningful games. also aiming to get the best overall record, but am 2 games behind Sammy with 7 to go.

my team has scored 924 runs. the next best team is sammy with 797 runs.

clinched my division a few days ago. close out with 4 games against the Telly Monsters, and it looks like those will be meaningful games. also aiming to get the best overall record, but am 2 games behind Sammy with 7 to go.my team has scored 924 runs. the next best team is sammy with 797 runs.
Probably a good time to rest your regulars. :lmao:

Hit and Run pulls within a game of the Pelicans with a 7-3 win powered by Alvin Davis who drove in 4 runs including a 3 run homer.

So now....

NL Central

Pelicans 84-71

Hit and Run 83-72

Wild Card

Telly Monsters 84-71

Hit and Run 83-72

By the way, Carlton Fisk has recovered from an early season slump to bat .286 with 28 doubles, 19 triples, and 16 homers. He leads the team with 117 rbi and .509 slugging. Yet, no MVP love.

NL CentralPelicans 84-72Hit and Run 84-72
Going into the overnight game, you've drawn even. Nice work.The Pelicans have only scored 10 runs in their last 6 games, which is very uncharacteristic for them.
... and in the overnight game, my bats kind of wake up, but my pitching goes to pot :shrug: Now the Pelicans are out of first place for the first time since around game 25 or so.The Pelicans have led the AL Central for something like 130 straight games ... now they've got a good shot at missing the playoffs altogether :blackdot: Damn streakiness.

RnR said:
RnR said:
boubucarow said:
Also one game behind Telly's Monsters for the wild card.
I'm calling shenanigans over here. In the midst of a 7 game losing streak, all to losing teams, and 5 of the 7 by ONE run. :thumbdown:
Update: Lost 9 of last 10, 7 of them by 1 run.
Make it 10 of 11, but this one was by 2 runs. I quit.

Hit And Run and Pelicans are tied for 1st. Telly Monsters are a game behind in the wild card race. 4 games left all against different opponents.

I am 3-11 in my last 14 games. 4 games to play.

All 4 are at the 2nd place team Bernie Carbo's Barber Shop who is 3 games back.

He sweeps, he is in.

Ugh.

TU has given up more runs than he has scored, yet has a 94-64 record.
Updated. TU's squad's got a 41-19 record in one-run games ... Huston Street has been quite a weapon (62 SV in 66 attempts with a 1.49 WHIP :thumbup: ).

Last edited by a moderator:
Next time, more PAs and IPs. Got it.

Also, I'm certain that my lower threshhold for PA/IP screwed up the rankings. Koya is one of the biggest fails due to this.

Both of my teams are tied for division leads with three games left to play. The Blackened Voodoo in the NL has clinched a playoff spot, however, being 11 games up in the NL WC race. The Pelicans in the AL are tied for the Central and have a one-game lead on Telly Monsters for the AL Wild Card.

I really wish I would have just rested up players here at the end. Gonna cost me in the playoffs I think.
I wish I could bench my entire team and just forfeit the next 3 games.All but 3 of my position players are on pace to go well over their allotted innings.

Both of my teams are tied for division leads with three games left to play. The Blackened Voodoo in the NL has clinched a playoff spot, however, being 11 games up in the NL WC race. The Pelicans in the AL are tied for the Central and have a one-game lead on Telly Monsters for the AL Wild Card.
You have to beat Russ Ford for the division title and I am loading in all my partials. This is my playoffs!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread