What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL WIS XIV DRAFT THREAD*** (1 Viewer)

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but if the next league is going to be the "Back to the Future" edition, we should probably start looking for a game plan to make sure we draft it before fantasy baseball drafts start ruling the upcoming weeks. We've actually timed this out pretty nicely.

Both of my teams are tied for division leads with three games left to play. The Blackened Voodoo in the NL has clinched a playoff spot, however, being 11 games up in the NL WC race. The Pelicans in the AL are tied for the Central and have a one-game lead on Telly Monsters for the AL Wild Card.
You have to beat Russ Ford for the division title and I am loading in all my partials. This is my playoffs!!!!
Shane Spencer and Shoeless Joe say "Hi".

Hit and Run erases a 5 run deficit to take a 1 game lead in the division and now 2 games up in the Wild Card race with 2 games to go. Any one know if there are tiebreakers?

Hit and Run erases a 5 run deficit to take a 1 game lead in the division and now 2 games up in the Wild Card race with 2 games to go. Any one know if there are tiebreakers?
Same as MLB -- if teams are tied for a division or wild card, there's a 1-game playoff.

Just changed it so all of my starters can come in for relief in the last two games against the Pelicans. I've also changed it so they have a relatively quick hook. We'll see if I can shake up the wild card finish at all.

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of my teams are tied for division leads with three games left to play. The Blackened Voodoo in the NL has clinched a playoff spot, however, being 11 games up in the NL WC race. The Pelicans in the AL are tied for the Central and have a one-game lead on Telly Monsters for the AL Wild Card.
You have to beat Russ Ford for the division title and I am loading in all my partials. This is my playoffs!!!!
Glad to have kept Russ Ford from getting his 30th win ... would've have liked to get the victory, though. Small Ball lost too, at least, so I didn't lose ground.Can't believe Ford shut out Shane Spencer.

1 game left.Hit and Run and Pelicans are tied for 1st.Telly Monsters 1 game back for wild card.
And ... we finish tied for first. The sim will schedule a 1-game playoff sometime soon, with the loser being the AL Wild Card. Telly Monsters is eliminated.

Is there any way to change the starter of the next game?
I think (not sure) that you'll be able to reset your pitchers once the playoff schedule rolls out. The playoff schedule should include our squad's play-in game as part of the playoffs proper.

Doug B said:
boubucarow said:
Is there any way to change the starter of the next game?
I think (not sure) that you'll be able to reset your pitchers once the playoff schedule rolls out. The playoff schedule should include our squad's play-in game as part of the playoffs proper.
When does the playoff schedule come out?

Congrats to the playoff teams. Let the small sample randomness begin.

I'll start a thread about the Back to the Future WIS format

Doug B said:
:lmao: Didn't see any fatigue issues in your Game 161 lineup ... unless your bench is full of resting guys down in the low 90s.
starting pitchers. unless something changes once the playoff schedule is set, i have Steve Rogers going in game 1 with a 94% factor. my offense is fine.

Doug B said:
<_< Didn't see any fatigue issues in your Game 161 lineup ... unless your bench is full of resting guys down in the low 90s.
starting pitchers. unless something changes once the playoff schedule is set, i have Steve Rogers going in game 1 with a 94% factor. my offense is fine.
I think Rogers will get some of that back before game 1

was there a one-game playoff in the NL Central? I'm scheduled to play the NO Pelicans, so that would suggest that they are the wild card team.

was there a one-game playoff in the NL Central? I'm scheduled to play the NO Pelicans, so that would suggest that they are the wild card team.
Doesn't look like it happened. My only explanation is that my Hit and Run won the season series and a one game wasn't played since we were both playoff teams.

Doesn't look like it happened. My only explanation is that my Hit and Run won the season series and a one game wasn't played since we were both playoff teams.
Interesting. Koya and I tied for a division lead way back in WIS II. We had to play a tie-breaker -- maybe our head-to-head was tied 7-7 that time.

Congrats to the playoff teams. Let the small sample randomness begin.
no kidding. oso novato beat the Pelicans 12 out of 12 times in the regular season.in all 4 first-round series, the team with the fewer wins won the series.but i benefited from this last season, so you gotta take the bad with the good.

The good ole 3-0 lead then lose 4 games straight.

:rolleyes:

Good series and season anyway. Got further then I thought I would.

So it is Doug B vs. Boug D in the World Series? Pretty impressive...
Pretty crazy :goodposting: The two teams split the season series....

Hoos, great series. My team did screw themselves out of two earlier ALCS victories: In Game 1, Guidry gave up no earned runs and lost 1-0 when my bats couldn't do anything. In Game 4, Pujols commited a four-run error in the 7th when my squad was up 5-1 ... later lost that game 6-5.

Users who are viewing this thread