What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official WIS XIV Format Discussion & Signup Thread (1 Viewer)

Ok I'll play.You guys took long enough getting started that I've figured out when/how to slack off enough at work to draft, which was my initial concern because I was at a brand new job when this thread was started.
Plus you'll be saving time with all the playoff games you won't have to watch the rest of the year:thumbup:

Bump. Am I going to have to take charge? Are you guys sure you want me running the show? Larry trades WILL BE ALLOWED.

If there are no objections, I'll take this thing on.

Can't let WIS die, it's the only thing I have going for me in this God-forsaken world...

Can't let WIS die, it's the only thing I have going for me in this God-forsaken world...
DO IT!
:goodposting: Anyone going to object to a First-Year Player League? Seems like an easy way to do an all-rookie league without the hassle of searching for who qualified as a rookie in what year.

ETA: WIS is searchable by "First Season." We'll just say any player on that search list is draftable for our purposes? (Excluding partials, Federal league, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

DO IT!
:thumbup: Anyone going to object to a First-Year Player League? Seems like an easy way to do an all-rookie league without the hassle of searching for who qualified as a rookie in what year.

ETA: WIS is searchable by "First Season." We'll just say any player on that search list is draftable for our purposes? (Excluding partials, Federal league, etc)
Fine with me.

DO IT!
:moneybag: Anyone going to object to a First-Year Player League? Seems like an easy way to do an all-rookie league without the hassle of searching for who qualified as a rookie in what year.

Works for me.

Ok, let's start getting a list of people together that are good with the First-Year League:

1- RnR

2- jfranco77

3- Dr. Detroit

4- Arsenal of Doom

5- Hoos First

6- Super Nintendo Chalmers

7- Eephus

8- Spartans Rule

9- the_moops

10- Sammy3469

11- Tremendous Upside

12- Notorious T.R.E.

13- Brady Marino

14- Greco

15-

16-

17-

18-

19-

20-

21-

22-

23-

24-

I know there are several regulars that have already expressed interest in here, but go ahead and give me a quick :lmao: to let me know you are on board.

We'll shoot for a full 24, but may be forced down to 16 or 20 based on interest. How is Monday for a target start date?

While we're waiting to get :thumbup: , let's see if we can fill in the blanks here. I feel like we should preserve some sort of ***OFFICIAL*** list of champions.

WIS 1

Theme: "All-Time Draft" (Sim was conducted as afterthought)

Champion: Pumpnick

WIS 2

Theme: "All-Time Draft II" (Sim-fishing encouraged)

Champion: Spartans Rule

WIS 3

Theme: "Cocaine and Greenies" (1969-1992)

Champion: Dirty Halos

WIS 4

Theme: "The Golden Era" (1946-1968)

Champion: RnR

WIS 5

Theme: "Clone Wars" (All-Time Draft with multiple versions of the same player allowed)

Champion: Koya

WIS 6

Theme: "The Salary Cap League" (A draft and salary-cap fused together. Each team drafted with a $80mil WIS salary cap)

Champion: Kraft

WIS 7

Theme: "The Deadball Era" (1894-1919)

Champion: Kraft

WIS 8

Theme: "The Golden Steroid Era" (Pitchers: 1920-1941, Hitters: 1986-2004)

Champion: Doug B

WIS 9

Theme: "The Disco Era"

Champion: Koya

WIS 10

Theme: "The Dice Roll Debacle" (All-Time Draft that required a roll of a six-sided die to determine which season you got to use for each player drafted)

Champion: Eephus

WIS 11

Theme: "The Uecker Era" (1962-1967)

Champion: jfranco77

WIS 12

Theme: "Roll for Years" (Each team was required to roll dice to determine what year they would be able to select a player from in each round)

Champion: Mr. Phoenix

WIS 13

Theme: "Hall of Very Good" (No Hall of Fame players allowed)

Champion: Hoos First

While we're waiting to get :hifive: , let's see if we can fill in the blanks here. I feel like we should preserve some sort of ***OFFICIAL*** list of champions. WIS 1Theme: All-time draft, sim just for kicksChampion: PumpnickWIS 2Theme: All-time draft, sim-fishing encouragedChampion: Spartans RuleWIS 13Theme: Hall of Very GoodChampion: Hoos First
I'll work more on this later.Sim 3 was 1969-92. Sim 4 was 50s and 60s but I forget exact years. I think 5 was Clone Wars.

While we're waiting to get :lmao: , let's see if we can fill in the blanks here. I feel like we should preserve some sort of ***OFFICIAL*** list of champions. WIS 1Theme: All-time draft, sim just for kicksChampion: PumpnickWIS 2Theme: All-time draft, sim-fishing encouragedChampion: Spartans RuleWIS 13Theme: Hall of Very GoodChampion: Hoos First
I'll work more on this later.Sim 3 was 1969-92. Sim 4 was 50s and 60s but I forget exact years. I think 5 was Clone Wars.
I won Sim 4, I think it was 46-68ish "The Golden Years"

Sim 8: Short season (86-87) champ?

Sim 9: Short season (76-80) champ?

Sim 10: All time with lots of dice rolls eephus

Sim 11: Uecker Era (62-67) jfranco77

For the moops, the best introductory info I've found is this thread from the old :lmao: board. Keep in mind, we don't use salary caps or AAA so some of the advice may not be relevant. Make sure you draft enough PA/162 and IP/162 unless you plan on a lot of SimLive. Top of the order hitters require more PA/162 than bottom of the order guys. Pay attention to IP/G because it determines pitch count limits.

While we're waiting to get :lmao: , let's see if we can fill in the blanks here. I feel like we should preserve some sort of ***OFFICIAL*** list of champions. WIS 1Theme: "All-Time Draft" (Sim was conducted as afterthought)Champion: PumpnickWIS 2Theme: "All-Time Draft II" (Sim-fishing encouraged)Champion: Spartans RuleWIS 3Theme: 1969-1992Champion:WIS 4Theme: "The Golden Years" (1946-1968)Champion: RnRWIS 5Theme: "Clone Wars" (All-Time Draft with multiple versions of the same player allowed)Champion:WIS 6Theme:Champion:WIS 7Theme:Champion:WIS 8Theme: "The Steroid Era" (1986-2004)Champion: WIS 9Theme: "The Disco Era"Champion:WIS 10Theme: "The Dice Roll Debacle" (All-Time Draft that required a roll of a six-sided die to determine which season you got to use for each player drafted)Champion: EephusWIS 11Theme: "The Uecker Era" (1962-1967)Champion: jfranco77WIS 12Theme: "Roll for Years" (Each team was required to roll dice to determine what year they would be able to select a player from in each round)Champion: Mr. PhoenixWIS 13Theme: "Hall of Very Good" (No Hall of Fame players allowed)Champion: Hoos First
Here's what we've pieced together so far.I think WIS 2, WIS 3, and WIS 4 were on BaseballTangent. It appears that at least WIS 8 and WIS 9 were on RotoDugout. Hard to track some of those threads for winners.

Ok, let's start getting a list of people together that are good with the First-Year League:

1- RnR

2- jfranco77

3- Dr. Detroit

4- Arsenal of Doom

5- Hoos First

6- Super Nintendo Chalmers

7- Eephus

8- Spartans Rule

9- the_moops

10-

11-

12-

13-

14-

15-

16-

17-

18-

19-

20-

21-

22-

23-

24-

I know there are several regulars that have already expressed interest in here, but go ahead and give me a quick :lmao: to let me know you are on board.

We'll shoot for a full 24, but may be forced down to 16 or 20 based on interest. How is Monday for a target start date?
Ok, fellas. Still looking for 15 more commitments. Doug B, Koya, Frosty, Phoenix, Kraft, Tre, etc. Where ya at?

IN (17)

eephus :lmao:

jfranco77 :goodposting:

Koya

Arsenal of Doom :goodposting:

Doug B

MrPhoenix

Hoos :thumbup:

Larryboy

bobucarow

rodg12

HellToupee

TU

AcerFC

Northern Voice

Spartans :thumbup:

oso diablo

Greco

ACTIVE IN THREAD BUT NO FORMAL COMMIT (1)

RnR :thumbup:

ACTIVE IN THREAD BUT :unsure: (1)

scoobus

SO SAD (1)

Frostillicus
We've added Dr. D, SNC, and moops that were not included in that list. I think we can get 24 if these people are still in.

IN (17)

eephus :banned:

jfranco77 :shrug:

Koya

Arsenal of Doom :thumbup:

Doug B

MrPhoenix

Larryboy

bobucarow

rodg12

HellToupee

TU

AcerFC

Northern Voice

oso diablo

Greco

scoobus

SO SAD (1)

Frostillicus
We've added Dr. D, SNC, and moops that were not included in that list. I think we can get 24 if these people are still in.
Where is Kraft, Sammy, TU and TRE?

IN (17)

eephus :thumbdown:

jfranco77 :thumbup:

Koya

Arsenal of Doom :no:

Doug B

MrPhoenix

Larryboy

bobucarow

rodg12

HellToupee

TU

AcerFC

Northern Voice

oso diablo

Greco

scoobus

SO SAD (1)

Frostillicus
Exactly. Should we PM these guys?

While we're waiting to get :shrug: , let's see if we can fill in the blanks here. I feel like we should preserve some sort of ***OFFICIAL*** list of champions. WIS 6Theme:Champion:WIS 7Theme:Champion:
I am pretty sure WIS 6 was salary cap and for some reason I think 7 might have been dead ball (up to 1919?) but I am not sure.

IN (17)

eephus :rolleyes:

jfranco77 :lmao:

Koya

Arsenal of Doom :thumbup:

Doug B

MrPhoenix

Larryboy

bobucarow

rodg12

HellToupee

TU

AcerFC

Northern Voice

oso diablo

Greco

scoobus

SO SAD (1)

Frostillicus
You rang?Oh, and in

Ok, let's start getting a list of people together that are good with the First-Year League:1- RnR2- jfranco773- Dr. Detroit4- Arsenal of Doom5- Hoos First6- Super Nintendo Chalmers7- Eephus8- Spartans Rule9- the_moops10- Sammy346911- Tremendous Upside12- Notorious T.R.E.13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-
Anyone remember the password to WISRuthRoll@gmail.com? No reason we can't start rolling for draft position.

Also, "first season" is dumb. Like DougB said, it's pretty easy to get a list of rookie years for you knobs.
I agree with that and support making this an All-Rookie league. That's the way the idea was intended to be executed. Can a Tre Sheet of rookies be provided for these slackers?

While we're waiting to get :goodposting: , let's see if we can fill in the blanks here. I feel like we should preserve some sort of ***OFFICIAL*** list of champions. WIS 6Theme:Champion:WIS 7Theme:Champion:
I am pretty sure WIS 6 was salary cap and for some reason I think 7 might have been dead ball (up to 1919?) but I am not sure.
Nice work. Now we just need the Champions from WIS 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. I'm pretty sure Koya, Kraft, and Doug B won some of those.

Also, can't you just do "first season" and then put 130+ ABs in on the draft center?
I don't think that would work. For anyone that had a "first season" under 130 ABs, their "second season" is technically their rookie season. That season would be filtered out by WIS.

Also, can't you just do "first season" and then put 130+ ABs in on the draft center?
I don't think that would work. For anyone that had a "first season" under 130 ABs, their "second season" is technically their rookie season. That season would be filtered out by WIS.
Hmmm, that's not necessarily true either. Ex. Carlton Fisk'69: 5 AB'71: 48 AB'72: 457 AB (ROY)So, if I run a report off of the database, I need to do a little math I guess.

Hmmm, that's not necessarily true either. Ex. Carlton Fisk'69: 5 AB'71: 48 AB'72: 457 AB (ROY)So, if I run a report off of the database, I need to do a little math I guess.
That's a good point. I guess there are those situations where guys don't qualify as a rookie until well into their career.

Put me down for first year in WIS. I'm not religious about rookie status and foresee the griping about rookie/non-rookie years will be more trouble than its worth.

Ok, let's start getting a list of people together that are good with the First-Year League:1- RnR2- jfranco773- Dr. Detroit4- Arsenal of Doom5- Hoos First6- Super Nintendo Chalmers7- Eephus8- Spartans Rule9- the_moops10- Sammy346911- Tremendous Upside12- Notorious T.R.E.13- Brady Marino14- Greco15- shake zula16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-

Ok, let's start getting a list of people together that are good with the First-Year League:1- RnR2- jfranco773- Dr. Detroit4- Arsenal of Doom5- Hoos First6- Super Nintendo Chalmers7- Eephus8- Spartans Rule9- the_moops10- Sammy346911- Tremendous Upside12- Notorious T.R.E.13- Brady Marino14- Greco15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-
I'm in too. Don't leave me out like you did last round #######s.

RnR said:
Ok, let's start getting a list of people together that are good with the First-Year League:1- RnR2- jfranco773- Dr. Detroit4- Arsenal of Doom5- Hoos First6- Super Nintendo Chalmers7- Eephus8- Spartans Rule9- the_moops10- Sammy346911- Tremendous Upside12- Notorious T.R.E.13- Brady Marino14- Greco15- shake zula16- Koya17- Northern Voice18- boubucarow19-20-21-22-23-24-
Here's the scoop: We're 8 away from having 24. I have PM'ed 9 people that expressed interest in this thread but have yet to respond about the first-year league. My hope is that we land 8 of them and we're ready to go. Assuming we are able to fill this by the end of the week, we'll shoot for a start to the draft early next week. I'll be making a new thread soon with the rules and a link to do our dice roll for draft order.

Thanks for the PM RnR. While I am still resting on my laurels of WIS - The Early Years - I'm down.

WAY too busy to worry about the format, so consider me in regardless. As long as there are multiple chance ridden dice rolls, Nipsey and SHOWDOWNS involved.

PS - Is Harrrrrr out of jail yet?

Users who are viewing this thread