What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL WIS XIX DRAFT THREAD - The War Years (1 Viewer)

Koya said:
the moops said:
koya - wanna play our series live?
If you are around later tonight I may be able to. Would be fun - a throwback series.
I'm here.

:coffee:

:upset:

:worstchampionever:
You already hold that title.
Fair enough.

Which one, btw?
When we get together at the Gold Jacket Champions Ceremony each season, we look at you like like the greats looked at Ty Cobb walking into Cooperstown.
Why? Did Cy win 4 WS? Jealousy is not becoming of you big guy.

I'm sure you'll lighten up when you get access to the multi-ring room. We get the primo whores there.

Great job, Moops. Win it for the league!

In other news, THE CHAMP IS DEAD.....

LONG LIVE THE CHAMP!!!

It was a fun two year persona. While grating and repetitive, at least the Champ tweaked RnR a bit. A fun run after my morass of crapitude in previous seasons.

Looking forward to a "normal" 24 teamer with the Old Guy and Doc Detroit. When do we start?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job, Moops. Win it for the league!

In other news, THE CHAMP IS DEAD.....

LONG LIVE THE CHAMP!!!

It was a fun two year persona. While grating and repetitive, at least the Champ tweaked RnR a bit. A fun run after my morass of crapitude in previous seasons.

Looking forward to a "normal" 24 teamer with the Old Guy and Doc Detroit. When do we start?
Thanks Champ.

Looking forward to facing either rod or x.

Good times

that was a rough series, i lose 7-4, then win 10-0, 9-1, 8-2.......then lose 2 straight. game 7 is why walter johnson gets the big bucks.

on to moopsville! thank god i don't have home field............

This has been one of the very few times (if ever) that the league's two best records have made it to the WS.

Good luck X.

You will have to beat Pete Alexander twice in 3 games though. But actually my #2 starter in Reb Russell has been better, and particularly fantastic in the playoffs. 4 starts, 3-0, 1.74 ERA.

on the ropes now.........1 bad pitch by lemon, grandslam and down 5-0 after 1. battled back to 5-4, but pen gave up some late.

well, i have walter johnson 2x, but just need to get to a game 7 now. i just don't match up well with your team and i don't play well at home.

Sure was sweet having Pete Alexander. He faulted in the playoffs a little bit, but he ended up pitching 460 innings and was 31-17.

MVP was my 11th round pick in Topsy Hartsel. Probably should have won the MVP of the league but somehow didn't even get any votes. 117 RBI, 36 SB, and a 335/416/493 line. My Stanky/Joost middle infield was superb. Late grab of Trosky for 1st base paid off and my bench was superb.

Doc Ayers in the 17th may have saved my season though. Appeared in 73 games, threw 150 innings, and did just about everything. Was only 5-10, but he was spot starter, middle reliever, and closer (24 saves). Rest of my bullpen besides Melfie Wolfgang was garbage though. A lot of ERA's in the 5.00-6.50 range.

In the playoffs I scored 51 runs and only gave up 34 runs. That will win you some games. Kind of what I did in the regular season too. Scored 887, which was top 5, but only gave up 720 runs, which was 2nd best to Chem X.

Oh, and Eddie Matthews, my 2nd round pick was garbage. Especially in the playoffs where he went 139/279/167

Cy Young was underwhelming, though not bad. Carl Mays had really nice numbers and was sub .500.

My team hit SO well for the first half, from top to bottom, and literally all the role players hit a slump. Ruth, Ott and Wakefield more than held their own. My scarcity positions, other than some nice pop from Sherry Magee, really sucked offensively as well.

Weird year.

I sucked yet again. But at least I only tied with the worst record.

Most of the time I suck due to shtick. This time I researched and still sucked. Someday....

Users who are viewing this thread