What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL WIS XIX DRAFT THREAD - The War Years (3 Viewers)

Ruth is swooning. Must be drinking too many hot dogs.

Need to get some trade discussions going. Although my team doesn't have a specific crying need, definately could deal some OF depth for top flight but limited innings pitching or an upgrade at MI (could give back Sherry Magee or Nellie Fox).

Heck, I could even deal Ruth in a deal as team's held up without him of late nicely.

I have lost 17 in a row. That has to be some kind of record. And I am actually trying not to lose.

I couldnt lose 17 in a row if I tried. I dont understand the sim very well.

I have lost 17 in a row. That has to be some kind of record. And I am actually trying not to lose.

I couldnt lose 17 in a row if I tried. I dont understand the sim very well.
Yeah, I noticed that over the weekend when we were matched up. WTF? You've done pretty well in these, no?

BTW, if anyone is up for a change of scenery deal, while I hate to even say it...

The Babe's on the block.

Certainly in no hurry, but for another frustrating star I'd consider a swap. Carried my team the first 20 games, but just slumpin.

Eephus said:
How's Kraft's team doing?
Rush is doing really well, Blackwell is 3-8 but eating some innings. My 1B platoon(Phil Weintraub/George Burns) are putting up numbers just as good as Rosen(the current AL MVP). Humphries and Ferrick solid 16 BP innings, Schupp is getting most of the work there.

Was gaining ground on Moops but he just rattled off 8 in a row so now I'm 7 back. :sadbanana:

I'll listen to offers for Gavvy Cravath and Joe Gordon. Not sure what I want though. Probably SS/OF/SP. Preferably good fielding hitters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am available for the next 6 hours for Simlive. It is a slow ### Friday at work. I understand many of you are probably working and unavailable, but I thought I would throw it out there on the off-chance that someone might be.

May be around for some live later.

On the block:

Babe Phelps C (Just not getting PAs)

Sherry Magee SS (Sorta got beat out, for now at least, by Solly Hemus, much less pop, but better D and better OBP_

Ken Keltner 3B (Would need a defensive replacement for Ott back)

OF (Buddy Lewis or Johnny Lindell - POSSIBLY Cullenbine or even Dom Dimaggio if I got enough in return)

Mel Ott 3B / OF - But Id need to get something damn good back.

Babe Ruth - See above, but even more.

Ott AND Ruth or one of the above - for a 1rd type stud depending

Honeslty, no particular need. But if you have depth at a position and you find me a nice upgrade, especially top flight reliver (could give something back) or low inning top starter, or MI. I'd lovea blockbuster, my big guns, get a great offensive / good to very good defensive OF.

I love how you keep pimping Babe. His season in this format in nothing special.
Id beg to differ. Without giving away too many of the champs' secrets, he was the last in his tier on my lists, has as much or more XBH upside as anyone and normalizes wonderfully. Like I said, he carried my team for the first 20 games. If he wasnt good for just 500 PAs and we drafted again, he would be mid first round according imo. As is, i had him going mid-high second and was ecstatic to get him when I did. Will get his share of E's on D, but has B range at least.

Obviously everyone has different strategy, preferences and takes on players, so if someone doesnt want Ruth where I value him, don't try to get him. :shrug:

Big series here, btw.

ETA: An OBP+ OF 127 and slugging of 172 respectively, thats rare air........ ITF

Ok FOR SERIOUS NOW...

Does ANYone want to trade? Other than X only because we don't seem to have a fit. If anyone is looking for OF, MI, 3B possibly C or SP. Sorta solid all around so would trade a couple good players for a very good one. Al Maul or Ernie Shore for those looking for pitching.

Ill no longer pimp ruth, sorry.

I guess from the deadballers ... but the HR numbers in this rendition are way suppressed. Through 97 games, only one player has 20 HRs (Bill Nicholson for my squad). The HR champ is probably going to be in the 35-40 range.

Ok FOR SERIOUS NOW...

Does ANYone want to trade? Other than X only because we don't seem to have a fit. If anyone is looking for OF, MI, 3B possibly C or SP. Sorta solid all around so would trade a couple good players for a very good one. Al Maul or Ernie Shore for those looking for pitching.

My squad's in a tailspin. Take a look and see if you find a fit.

Doug B said:
I guess from the deadballers ... but the HR numbers in this rendition are way suppressed. Through 97 games, only one player has 20 HRs (Bill Nicholson for my squad). The HR champ is probably going to be in the 35-40 range.
There seem to be a scarcity of elite power hitting in this rendition. Obviously you have the deadball years, so that's half the pool. However the other era's were certainly not big HR ones. And while you had some decent HR numbers, so many good deadball or at the least, ok but no home run pitchers, here's the result.

rodg12 said:
Ok FOR SERIOUS NOW...

My squad's in a tailspin. Take a look and see if you find a fit.
Im looking. Not sure I see something. :- /

Chemical X said:
i would deal, but this thing seems dead
Ok #####es, lets livin' up some convo.

Can't say there are that many real surprises on my team. Defense is significant worse than usual, but been better over the last 50 games.

Heart of the order has each had a swoon, but really solid overall.

I :heart: Mel Ott. .300 .408 .524 and 17 HRs

Babe's actually, well, what expected, normalized with lower SLG because the league seems a bit supressed.

.293 .387 .536 and over 40 XBH in an 75% role

Pitching fairly what was expected, although Ernie Shore's been a bit of a disappointment (thought he'd rock, maybe he will?), and Jack Quinn has really had some bumps in the road. Would swap him for another "allegedly" elite Closer.

Biggest surprises:

Dom Dimaggio. Great D got him some early ABs, and he's taken it from there.

Mickey Vernon. Not so much for his performance, but somehow being the in MVP race most of the year. Huh?

Oh Sherry. After a mid season benching (he was brutal) Sherry Magee hitting

.286 .358

While I'll take a 5 game lead, Hoos will not let go. Whenever I seem to have a win streak, he won't fall out. And lately he's been the best / hottest team in the league. Going to be a good finish.

PS: I also :heart: ****. Wakefield. Guy just rakes in WIS. I've wanted he and Ruth since the first iterations. It's a dream come true. Thank you. Thank you all. :cry:

Jimmy Sheckard has been my best hitter by far. Been playing him at 3B against righties and LF against lefties. Has been OK at 3B. Burleigh Grimes has been my ace. Really good value from him. Coveleski, my #1 pick, has been awful. 5.70 ERA, .306 OAV. OOF! Hank Greenberg was great in the first half but has been in a terrible slump coinciding with my team's collapse.

ETA : The level of HR suppression has been jarring. I expected some, but not to this level. Drafted a power-hitting team and chose Tiger Stadium. Did not expect my top HR guy would have 15 and only one other above 10 at 13.

Jimmy Sheckard has been my best hitter by far. Been playing him at 3B against righties and LF against lefties. Has been OK at 3B. Burleigh Grimes has been my ace. Really good value from him. Coveleski, my #1 pick, has been awful. 5.70 ERA, .306 OAV. OOF! Hank Greenberg was great in the first half but has been in a terrible slump coinciding with my team's collapse.

ETA : The level of HR suppression has been jarring. I expected some, but not to this level. Drafted a power-hitting team and chose Tiger Stadium. Did not expect my top HR guy would have 15 and only one other above 10 at 13.
Check yo' PMs.

Al Mauls been fantastic since a #### start.., I could give up Carl Mays in a deal with Cullenbine for a top OF and / or a lower IP stud.

Users who are viewing this thread