What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL WIS XIX DRAFT THREAD - The War Years (1 Viewer)

Let's bring this thread back on track... we desperately need an update from Bogart on dating the married chick.

:lol:

Didn't see that one coming...
Yeah. Great two dates. Then she comes out and says she's getting divorced and needs space. Then says she's not getting divorced and can we do something. Then goes quiet and won't answer my texts. Has changed her profile that she is looking for men that are already in Poly relationships.

So now I'm back to Offdee 5 FWBs who don't mind you calling them up at midnight to come over and stick it in their butt.

No idea what to make of this team at this point.

Hit 12-14 games above 500 twice and am now a game under. Weird.

No idea what to make of this team at this point.

Hit 12-14 games above 500 twice and am now a game under. Weird.
Yet you still will win division. Ours has been over since the first week of the season. <_<

Meanwhile, my forlorn team of hacks that I've mostly ignored up to this point is only 6 games back of "The Chump" despite being 13 games under .500.

Gil Hodges with 8 HRs and 100 RBI. He hit 31 in RL. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have we ever had someone hit .400 in one of these things? Cobb appears close the doing this for Pumpernickle.

Meanwhile, my forlorn team of hacks that I've mostly ignored up to this point is only 6 games back of "The Chump" despite being 13 games under .500.

Gil Hodges with 8 HRs and 100 RBI. He hit 31 in RL. :lmao:
To provide some historical context, you don't get the moniker (self proclaimed as it may be) Champ because of one past season.

As I see it, Champ still has a shot at WS 6 and Trophy #5.

I'll hang up and listen.

:coffee:

Topsy Hartsel is getting screwed out of MVP voting.

934 OPS (2nd)

99 RBI (5th)

90 R (11th)

337 AVG (4th)

516 SLG (4th)

28 SB (3rd)

:prosecco:

Harldy deserves champagne, but we clinched.

Now that I've slow played the regular season to a tee, time to turn it one for the road to three!

Congrats moops, total gag job down the stretch by my squad. Represent!(and don't be afraid to sweep the champs leg)

Congrats moops ... Represent!(and don't be afraid to sweep the champs leg)
:goodposting:

Jebus, our division was stout. Koya's AL East champs might've finished last running the AL West gauntlet with us.

If I can take one of my final two games against moops, four 90-win teams will miss the playoffs in this rendition.

Jebus, our division was stout. Koya's AL East champs might've finished last running the AL West gauntlet with us.

If I can take one of my final two games against moops, four 90-win teams will miss the playoffs in this rendition.
Never again.
Well, I was trying to keep things close for the fun of it. When you are the Champ, that's one of the benefits. :coffee:

Seriously, never again. It's embarrassing, but I'll take it. On the other hand, I've never had such a good first half and poor second half. As if everyone stopped hitting at once.

That said, Champ has some tricks up his sleeve as drafting is to try sand get to the playoffs, but be able to win once there.

If I can win against Pete Alexander that is. :oldunsure:

Never again.
Well, I was trying to keep things close for the fun of it. When you are the Champ, that's one of the benefits. :coffee:

Seriously, never again. It's embarrassing, but I'll take it. On the other hand, I've never had such a good first half and poor second half. As if everyone stopped hitting at once.

That said, Champ has some tricks up his sleeve as drafting is to try sand get to the playoffs, but be able to win once there.

If I can win against Pete Alexander that is. :oldunsure:
It's ok. My team had a poor first half and a downright miserable second half.

I think I hate this team more than I've hated any other team I've done in this thing.

I've never had such a good first half and poor second half. As if everyone stopped hitting at once.
I had the opposite experience with my squad. After starting something like 12-4, my squad tanked hard for about 60 games. Didn't get back to .500 until around the All-Star Break.

Letting Robin Roberts get down to 2-10 after 15 starts or so was terrible management on my part. Should pulled the plug earlier. My squad was one more solid starting pitcher away from threatening 100 wins.

Feel bad for pump ... his squad led the NL East for about 140 straight games, only to fade over the last week. ChemX and Sparty's squads have both gone nuts over the second half.

i can't believe i actually have a chance here. i made some tweaks along the way. big gets for me were bob lemon, who has arguably been my best pitcher and bill voiselle's 33 innings. i kept voiselle benched until after the AS break, then made him the closer. it lengthened my pen, which is pretty decent. my starters usually go 7-8 and keeping only a couple of good relievers pitching and avoiding those long/weak guys. i began to sit walt dropo and moved ival goodman in against RHP.

i can't believe i actually have a chance here. i made some tweaks along the way. big gets for me were bob lemon, who has arguably been my best pitcher and bill voiselle's 33 innings. i kept voiselle benched until after the AS break, then made him the closer. it lengthened my pen, which is pretty decent. my starters usually go 7-8 and keeping only a couple of good relievers pitching and avoiding those long/weak guys. i began to sit walt dropo and moved ival goodman in against RHP.
Congrats. To me you should just be crowned champ now because our division had all the best teams.

Congrats. To me you should just be crowned champ now because our division had all the best teams.
i was worried about your team, i can't seem to do better than 1 out of 3 during our series'.

i need to play road games, for some reason i don't like my home park much.

unchartered territory for me. i reset my rotation to go johnson, vaughn, lemon, though lemon is my 2nd best pitcher, maybe even on par with johnson. i am thinking that with a 3 man rotation, only the 1 goes 3 times (1-4-7). so, i would rather have lemon pitch games 3 & 6, with vaughn going 2 & 5. with the visiting crowd being rowdy, i like lemon's steady nerves for that game 3 on the road. he brings a veteran presence.

Yeah, you guys were right... there was no advantage to having one of the top tier SPs in this thing.

Koya said:
the moops said:
koya - wanna play our series live?
If you are around later tonight I may be able to. Would be fun - a throwback series.
I'm here.

:coffee:

:upset:

:worstchampionever:
You already hold that title.
Fair enough.

Which one, btw?
When we get together at the Gold Jacket Champions Ceremony each season, we look at you like like the greats looked at Ty Cobb walking into Cooperstown.

Users who are viewing this thread