What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL WIS XIX Signup and Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Here's what I have, going through this thread and looking at recent drafts:

IN for WIS XIX
----------------------------
rodg12
Kraft
Koya
the moops
Chemical X
Hoos First
Super Nintendo Chalmers
RnR
jfranco77
Doug B
SoCalBroncoFan
Bogart
Greco

OUT for WIS XIX
Eephus
Brady Marino

And now, the potential list of invitees:

Was in WIS XVIII (Decades + Feds)

Arsenal of Doom
Acer
Dr. Detroit
avoiding injuries
Spartans Rule
Notorious TRE
Frostillicus
larry_boy_44
pumpnick

Was in WIS XVII (1990s)
oso diablo
Northern Voice
Tremendous Upside
cheese

Was in BTTF 2012
scoobus
Boubucarow
Sammy

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see if TU has returned to earth workwise.

Oso and Cheese should come back. WTF ever happened with NV?

That said, not having Sammy in these sucks. Guy was good WIS people.

Wasn't belljr in one or two of these?
I think so. We need to work on Eeph. I had totally burned out on WIS going back a few seasons. Of course slumping and sucking didn't help... I think I was the last sign up or close to it two WIS ago. But glad I stuck to it needless to say.

I usually stick to the BTTF or more recent era ones, I prefer building teams of players I've actually heard of.

I usually stick to the BTTF or more recent era ones, I prefer building teams of players I've actually heard of.
This is where you're missing the boat. My appreciation for the game has gone up substantially after digging through these era drafts. Helps put modern times in perspective a little, IMO.

This is where you're missing the boat. My appreciation for the game has gone up substantially after digging through these era drafts. Helps put modern times in perspective a little, IMO.
I totally agree with this. Half the fun IS having some random MIF from 1943 come through for you. Or know that you get to play Cobb AND Speaker in the same OF, #### like that. Really get to see how different eras produced different types of players.

I totally agree with this. Half the fun IS having some random MIF from 1943 come through for you. Or know that you get to play Cobb AND Speaker in the same OF, #### like that. Really get to see how different eras produced different types of players.
:goodposting:

Playing these last few has really broaden my knowledge of the old players. Looking at the stats and then researching the guy to find out what type of player he was is probably 75% of the fun for me doing these.

September might be the target for this. Football drafts over and most Baseball leagues are decided. Summer attendance can be spotty.

Kraft... said:
September might be the target for this. Football drafts over and most Baseball leagues are decided. Summer attendance can be spotty.
Will see... usually summer is a lot more clear for me and others with less biz travel and the like. It's not like this has to be so time intensive, especially for the vets. Build your lists, hope, pray then tilt.

oso, see below from the OP:

Proposed theme:

WIS XIX - The War Years

• Spanish American 1898-1901
  • World War I 1914-1918 (or extend to 20)
  • World War II 1939-1945 (or do we do 41-1945)
  • Korean War 1950-1953
I would prefer one draft with 24 teams drafting from those time periods. Everybody cool with that? We also need to firm up the time periods. Cut off WWI at 1918? WWII 39-45 or 41-45?
Then on May 24th, Koya posted:

With the limited number of teams, may be best to extend at least the WWI years to '20 or maybe '19 if you only do WWI, but I'm ok doing WWI from 1939-45 also.Not that strong either way, but would like to lock it down.
So ... the rough patch of years we'll be navigating is mostly set, but I don't think anything is quite finalized yet.

Eephus on full tilt with the avatar change. I don't even know the old guy anymore...
They say the rebellious stage comes just before the time you have to put them in a home.

T & P to Charles as he contemplates this decision in the coming months.

At this point, I'm going to try to get things rolling again after the 4th. I'll be on vacation for 10 days starting Friday and then the 4th is the Friday after I get back. Hopefully we can drum up some more interest then.

I just realized its 6:30. PM2 scores must be up and I have nothing to check

It's time folks. It's time.

Someone tell eeph to stop whining and let's get this #### started after the 4th

Alright, let's try to get this rolling again. So far...

IN for WIS XIX
rodg12
Kraft
Koya
the moops
Chemical X
Hoos First
Super Nintendo Chalmers
RnR
jfranco77
Doug B
SoCalBroncoFan
Bogart
Greco

Pumpnick

OUT for WIS XIX (allegedly)
Eephus
Brady Marino

Eephus...please tell me the festivities over the 4th renewed your love for America and baseball. C'mon man...you gotta do this. Who else wants in?

If you absolutely, positively need a member, I'm in. Would a 16 team sim be practical since we have 14 signed up?

Brady Marino said:

If you absolutely, positively need a member, I'm in. Would a 16 team sim be practical since we have 14 signed up?
So Brady is in...

Here's what I have, going through this thread and looking at recent drafts:

IN for WIS XIX

rodg12

Kraft

Koya

the moops

Chemical X

Hoos First

Super Nintendo Chalmers

RnR

jfranco77

Doug B

SoCalBroncoFan

Bogart

Greco

OUT for WIS XIX

Eephus

Brady Marino

And now, the potential list of invitees:

Was in WIS XVIII (Decades + Feds)

Arsenal of Doom

Acer

Dr. Detroit

avoiding injuries

Spartans Rule

Notorious TRE

Frostillicus

larry_boy_44

pumpnick

Was in WIS XVII (1990s)

oso diablo

Northern Voice

Tremendous Upside

cheese

Was in BTTF 2012

scoobus

Boubucarow

Sammy

Doctor Detroit was usually good for these, but he just got a new job that limits how much he can be online during work hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doctor Detroit was usually good for these, but he just got a new job that limits how much he can be online during work hours.
Thanks GB. Yeah, I could do this in September after FF stuff but probably not before. I have good WI-FI at the new gig, so I can participate if needed.

Thanks GB. Yeah, I could do this in September after FF stuff but probably not before. I have good WI-FI at the new gig, so I can participate if needed.
Oh stop being a #####. You damn well could fit this into the summer schedule. I have faith in you.

September is for football.

Oh stop being a #####. You damn well could fit this into the summer schedule. I have faith in you.

September is for football.
:goodposting:

We're at 15. Need one more for 16. Eephus...it's time to come home.

rodg12
Kraft
Koya
the moops
Chemical X
Hoos First
Super Nintendo Chalmers
RnR
jfranco77
Doug B
SoCalBroncoFan
Bogart
Greco

BradyMarino

DrD

We're at 15. Need one more for 16. Eephus...it's time to come home.

rodg12

Kraft

Koya

the moops

Chemical X

Hoos First

Super Nintendo Chalmers

RnR

jfranco77

Doug B

SoCalBroncoFan

Bogart

Greco

BradyMarino

DrD
Who was to commish this beast? I have a feeling that once we get the thing more formally going we will fill out a few spots. If not, we will go with 16.

Users who are viewing this thread