What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL WIS XIX DRAFT THREAD - The War Years (1 Viewer)

Just a reminder, the only WIS option for 20 teams is a real-life 1960s setup with two 10-team leagues and the winners go straight to the World Series.

Last time we did that, Franco went 157-5 or something like that and the season was pointless for everyone who had the misfortune of being in his league. I won the other league, which was competitive, but then got killed in the WS.

Just a reminder, the only WIS option for 20 teams is a real-life 1960s setup with two 10-team leagues and the winners go straight to the World Series.

Last time we did that, Franco went 157-5 or something like that and the season was pointless for everyone who had the misfortune of being in his league. I won the other league, which was competitive, but then got killed in the WS.
Oof.March to 24? :old unsure:

Btw, when was this? I have zero recollection. And how the hell did Franco only lose 5 freakin games?

Last edited by a moderator:

Btw, when was this? I have zero recollection. And how the hell did Franco only lose 5 freakin games?
I exaggerated on the record. Franco probably won around 110-120. It was his first sim with us, so it had to have been a while back.

I exaggerated on the record. Franco probably won around 110-120. It was his first sim with us, so it had to have been a while back.
I vaguely remember. I believe that was during my swoon years, memories of which are fairly repressed The real slide started with the damn Dice Roll sim. Sent me into a 7 year tilt.

I am unworthy of taking a spot at the expense of Eephus. If he brings us to 17,I am out.

My availability is dicey between 12 PM and 5 PM. Pre-draft and lists aren't as fun for me as live drafting and the shtick that comes with it.

My spot is yours, Eeph. For the good of the leeg

Seems like Eephus is coming around. Maybe we can get this to 24. Haven't PMed TRE and Frosty. If we get to 20 soon, we'll make a push for 24.

Seems like Eephus is coming around. Maybe we can get this to 24. Haven't PMed TRE and Frosty. If we get to 20 soon, we'll make a push for 24.
I would agree.

IT'S WORTH THE WAIT

Seriously, the shtick in these things are highlights of my otherwise pedestrian life. Which is still probably a lot more exciting than most of you shmucks.

Bring this thing to 24. MAC joining to flex his baseball knowledge muscles would be fantastic.

Still out. I need a wiss break before the upcoming BTF14 debacle. I'll probably be in for the usual winter draft.

Sparty/JFranco -

You guys wanna team up for the last spot? If so, one of you go ahead and roll then we'll get things started...

rodg12 said:
Sparty/JFranco -

You guys wanna team up for the last spot? If so, one of you go ahead and roll then we'll get things started...
1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Die rolls: 554

Roll subtotal: 554

Roll total: 554

I was planning on flying solo but if jfranco wants to join the team I won't turn down an opportunity to learn from the master.

rodg12 said:
Sparty/JFranco -

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1

I was planning on flying solo but if jfranco wants to join the team I won't turn down an opportunity to learn from the master.
:Nipsey:

All I know is there are 5 players on my top tier list and I'm sitting at 5, so these will help make some decisions for me.

rodg12 said:
Sparty/JFranco -

1d1000, rolled once.

Roll set 1

Cool by me. Sounded like jfranco would have a tough time doing this one.

the moops-923

Hoos First- 901

ChemX- 848

Bogart- 797

Koya- 755

DoougB- 722

Pupmick- 579

SNC- 559

Sparty- 554

Greco- 490

Rodg- 455

SoCal- 422

RnR- 356

Drd-AoD-338

BradyMarino- 227

Kraft- 125

1.4 - Ted Williams - OF

Never owned him before. I'm sure this pick sucks in this format. But I don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread