What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Recent Rookie Draft in Dynasty League (1 Viewer)

Pat Patriot

Footballguy
Unrestricted Free Agents are also eligible for this draft. 40 man roster

A couple of trades:

Drew Brees

Sean Taylor

for

Randy Moss

for

Draft

Adrian Peterson

Calvin Johnson

Marshawn Lynch

Jamarcus Russell

Brandon Jackson

Brady Quinn

Chris Henry = paid too much and picked too high

Dwayne Bowe

Robert Meachem

Sydney Rice

Greg Olsen

Dwayne Jarrett

Anthony Gonzalez

Kenny Irons

Michael Bush

Patrick Willis

Laron Landry = higher than I thought he would go

Drew Stanton

Ted Ginn

Craig Davis

Gaines Adams = too early

Steve Smith

Lamont Jordan

Alex Smith qb SF

Lorenzo Booker

Jermaine Phillips

Brian Leonard

Laurent Robinson

Matt Schaub

Ronald Curry

Vincent Jackson

Jon Beason

Omobi Okoye = shouldnt have gone ahead of Jamaal Anderson

Richard Marshall

Jamaal Anderson

Paul Posluzny

Jason Hill

Brandon Merriweather

Kevin Kesvahrian

Ty Warren

Damon Huard

Asante Samuel

Zach Miller

Anthony Spencer

John Beck

Tony Hunt

David Carr

Eric Weddle

Mike Walker

Nick Collins

Jeff Garcia

Devin Hester

Mike Williams

Reggie Nelson = Wish I had taken him instead of Eric Weddle.

Lawrence Timmons

Pass

Matt Jones

Jason Elam

Josh Brown

Kevin Kolb

Leon Hall

Neil Rackers

David Harris

DJ Hackett

Michael Griffin

What do you think?

Pat Patriot said:
Unrestricted Free Agents are also eligible for this draft. 40 man rosterA couple of trades:Drew BreesSean Taylor #4for #1Randy Moss#12for#7DraftAdrian PetersonCalvin JohnsonMarshawn LynchJamarcus RussellBrandon JacksonBrady QuinnChris Henry = paid too much and picked too highDwayne BoweRobert MeachemSydney RiceGreg OlsenDwayne JarrettAnthony GonzalezKenny IronsMichael BushPatrick WillisLaron Landry = higher than I thought he would goDrew StantonTed GinnCraig DavisGaines Adams = too earlySteve SmithLamont JordanAlex Smith qb SFLorenzo BookerJermaine PhillipsBrian LeonardLaurent RobinsonMatt SchaubRonald CurryVincent JacksonJon BeasonOmobi Okoye = shouldnt have gone ahead of Jamaal AndersonRichard MarshallJamaal AndersonPaul PosluznyJason HillBrandon MerriweatherKevin KesvahrianTy WarrenDamon HuardAsante SamuelZach MillerAnthony SpencerJohn Beck Tony HuntDavid CarrEric WeddleMike WalkerNick CollinsJeff GarciaDevin HesterMike WilliamsReggie Nelson = Wish I had taken him instead of Eric Weddle.Lawrence TimmonsPassMatt JonesJason ElamJosh BrownKevin KolbLeon HallNeil RackersDavid HarrisDJ HackettMichael GriffinWhat do you think?
Looks like I got good value with almost all of my picks. ;) I agree that you should have taken Nelson instead of Weddle.Is there a way you could have posted the salaries and years these guys had assigned to them?

Lamont Jordan (7th RB) and Vincent Jackson (11th WR) slipped further than I would have expected. Were their salaries reasons why?

Interesting, would be nice to know the salary cap implications... how is it set up?

I was surprised too of the trade up to #7, gave up to much... but maybe he knows something we dont?

Unless there's worse cap implications, the vets in this draft all lasted way too long. Smith, Schaub, Curry, and Marshall all should have went higher. Matt Jones and DJ Hackett were shoplifted (especially Hackett)

Unless there's worse cap implications, the vets in this draft all lasted way too long. Smith, Schaub, Curry, and Marshall all should have went higher. Matt Jones and DJ Hackett were shoplifted (especially Hackett)
:ptts: Welllll...maybe he was a steal in this particular draft. But I just don't see why there's all this love for Matt Jones. As a Jags fan, I don't see anything special. Especially since he can't stay on the field. There's tons of other guys I'd rather take a chance on. The WR sitch in Jax is fugly.

Sure, he's a physical freak, but so was Tony Mandarich :hot:

:goodposting:

:popcorn:

:D Welllll...maybe he was a steal in this particular draft. But I just don't see why there's all this love for Matt Jones. As a Jags fan, I don't see anything special. Especially since he can't stay on the field. There's tons of other guys I'd rather take a chance on. The WR sitch in Jax is fugly.

;)

:confused:
Thats fine, but there's no way he should have went right before two kickers.

:D Welllll...maybe he was a steal in this particular draft. But I just don't see why there's all this love for Matt Jones. As a Jags fan, I don't see anything special. Especially since he can't stay on the field. There's tons of other guys I'd rather take a chance on. The WR sitch in Jax is fugly.

;)

:confused:
Thats fine, but there's no way he should have went right before two kickers.
Well now that depends on your strategy. I mean, kickers do lead the league in scoring every year. :hot:

I'm sure these comments may be made to look silly pending a scoring system, but...

Drew Brees, Sean Taylor and the 4 pick for Adrian Peterson? Seems like an awful nice haul for him.

If IDPs are worth anything at all, Jon Beason and Paul Posluszny after Laurent Robinson and Ronald Curry is :) . And if David Harris at the very bottom of the draft thus far isn't a typo, behind a bunch of kickers and corners, I'm even more :football: .

Finally, :thumbup: at the drafting of Jermaine Phillips ahead of any number of players.

IDP Scoring

.5 pt per tackle

2 pts sack

2 pts interception

2 pts fumble recovery

6 for TD and 2 for Safety

None of the players drafted have salaries attached. The salary structure of the draft is as follows:

1st Round 3-5 years and $4 per year

2nd Round 3-5 years and $3 per year

3rd Round 3-5 years and $2 per year

4th to 7th Round 1-5 years and $1 per year

Owners decide salary within a week after draft.

I kind of lost track of Vincent Jackson. I think Curry has a decent shot in Oakland but in hindsight probably would have taken Jackson.

I have to be honest and say that I didnt even know who Jermaine Phillips was.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread