What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Saturday Night Football on ABC - Lions 11-4 at Cowboys 10-5** (-5.5 , 52) 8:15 (2 Viewers)

If this is Dector reporting, the NFL will have a LOT of explaining to do.

And before anyone continues on with ESPN saying it would have been an illegal formation, absolutely not. It was an unbalanced formation and the outside WR was off the line. Which made Decker essentially a TE. The formation was perfectly legal.

This could be an all time screw job. I really really hope audio someone comes out of what was said on that video clip I linked to.

IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF IF
in the post game presser we get something like we heard with Toney from KC where something taken for granted with all NFL officiating and tonight at the worst time they did something different than normal but well within the letter of the law/rules...MOP is gonna have a **** FIT

-I have had enough of the NFL ruining the end of what is otherwise a terrific and thrilling football game
It's like at the end of a great movie or film, the last 5-10 pages of the script they just send the writers home or they cut it out and write their own ending

I have had enough of loving a football game only to watch complete bull spit unfold at the end and judging by the way Dan Campbell almost body slammed the Ref...I'm thinking
something really bad happened
It was a good call though. Simple procedural thing they failed to do. Cant blame the zebras
He did report though. Apparently the zebras didn't hear him

I have never laid into Dan Camobell but this is just absolute stupidity, don't care if the guy was WIDE OPEN if you listen to the booth

You take the XP and you go to Overtime, I might be livid if I were a Lions' player right now
Coaches have to know when they need to circle their players and protect them, kicking that XP would have shown that ability but Campbell right now is LACKING in that category
BIG TIME

-You GD Fool!
sorry MOP, can't disagree strongly enough. You go for two there (maybe not from the 7, but certainly from 2 or 3) OT on the road is less then a 50-50 shot. One play from the 2 or 3 is better then 50%
I did say I disagreed with the 1st call going for it, that's fair and I'm glad @Capella gave a rousing thumbs up, all good

-However you both must agree that going for it on 4th and 7 or 4th and an XP/2-Pt and you are on the 7 yd line
You kick the XP, I've never seen a coach try and go for 2 points from the 7 yard line, none in recent memory
That cannot be a good choice even from the analytics, wherever these humanoids reside
As a routine thing...no, I don't think its wise to always go needing 6 or 7. Pretty sure the stats would suggest kicking in both spots.
I thought the fake punt from his own 25 in a tight road game was far more silly then either of those decisions though, it just happened to work out then.

in the post game presser we get something like we heard with Toney from KC where something taken for granted with all NFL officiating and tonight at the worst time they did something different than normal but well within the letter of the law/rules...MOP is gonna have a **** FIT

-I have had enough of the NFL ruining the end of what is otherwise a terrific and thrilling football game
It's like at the end of a great movie or film, the last 5-10 pages of the script they just send the writers home or they cut it out and write their own ending

I have had enough of loving a football game only to watch complete bull spit unfold at the end and judging by the way Dan Campbell almost body slammed the Ref...I'm thinking
It was a good call though. Simple procedural thing they failed to do. Cant blame the zebras
I'm sorry but I let you have the mic on the last post, IT'S NOT a GOOD CALL!!!
Procedural, false start, crotch itch, head shake, poop in your pants, none of it matters when you can FORCE OT with a simple kick from the 7 yd line, that's nonsense to forgive Dan Campbell all the way thru...BIG CAHONES when it was from the 2 yd line, I'll give you that, not from the 7 yd line in that situation and given the fact he PISSED AWAY other scoring opps

:wink:

Procedural, false start, crotch itch, head shake, poop in your pants, none of it matters when you can FORCE OT with a simple kick from the 7 yd line, that's nonsense to forgive Dan Campbell all the way thru...BIG CAHONES when it was from the 2 yd line, I'll give you that, not from the 7 yd line in that situation and given the fact he PISSED AWAY other scoring opps

wasn't arguing about the call going for it from the 7 ;)

Sorry to all you fantasy footballers if you got in the way of the CeeDee Lamb script.

Awful. They singled him all night and got beat. All night.
In my 16-team startup PPR IDP dynasty I dealt my 2024 1st & 2025 2nd for pick 1.14, with which I picked CeeDee Lamb.

It was worth every penny. If I’d made the LCG I’d be crushing my opponent. As it stands he’s likely gonna win me a 3.17 for 3rd place. :wub:

I asked up thread, when a player reports as eligible, doesn't the referee supposed to make an announcement that #68 has reported as eligible?

If this is Dector reporting, the NFL will have a LOT of explaining to do.

And before anyone continues on with ESPN saying it would have been an illegal formation, absolutely not. It was an unbalanced formation and the outside WR was off the line. Which made Decker essentially a TE. The formation was perfectly legal.

This could be an all time screw job. I really really hope audio someone comes out of what was said on that video clip I linked to.
What does the NFL rulebook say about the ref acknowledging/accepting the report? Yes, I suppose it's a technicality, but a consequential one.

I haven’t been paying attention, does the loss change the Lion’s playoff seeding?
I don't think so.

Eagles and Niners will be 1-2 (currently at 11 wins each). Bucs suck and are locked into 4 (currently at 8 wins). Barring a total meltdown by Eagles/Niners both going 0-2 these last 2 weeks the Lions were stuck at 3 win or lose.
If the Lions had won out they would have leaped frogged Philly with the win over a common opponent, Dallas and would of had the 2 seed. The Luons only needed one loss by SF for the 1 seed. Now they are locked into 3rd.

What a auto sow that a
Because there is video of Decker reporting eligible
No, no there is not.
they just showed it on TV with Aikman saying he was surely reporting eligible and saying the ref just missed it
He wasn’t covered anyway, even if he did report it was an illegal formation.
If he’s an eligible receiver, he doesn’t need to be covered in that unbalanced formation. I don’t fully grasp those rules but there’s a few retire NFL OL on Twitter posting that the refs got it wrong and it was legal.

I haven’t been paying attention, does the loss change the Lion’s playoff seeding?
I don't think so.

Eagles and Niners will be 1-2 (currently at 11 wins each). Bucs suck and are locked into 4 (currently at 8 wins). Barring a total meltdown by Eagles/Niners both going 0-2 these last 2 weeks the Lions were stuck at 3 win or lose.
If the Lions had won out they would have leaped frogged Philly with the win over a common opponent, Dallas and would of had the 2 seed. The Luons only needed one loss by SF for the 1 seed. Now they are locked into 3rd.
It DOES mean they can punt week 18 and rest key starters though. The game is meaningless to them now (technically still alive for the 2 seed but would need Philly to lose at least one, maybe even both against cupcakes)

Looks like Goff told Decker he had to report. Decker went over to Referee Brad Allen, and then Skipper came running in too. No reason for anyone going over to Allen if they weren't reporting eligible. Allen didn't seem very interested in anything anyone was saying.

Looking at the video, Allen either looks like he's on the take, or he's as clueless as Phil Luckett calling a Jerome Bettis coin toss.

Gotta go for it on that first one.

Then you try to draw them off.

Now you're first and goal at the 3.5.

I wonder how much that yard matters.

Oh my what a game.

SO MUCH RESPECT FOR FREAKING DAN "WIN THE GAME AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT LOSING IT" CAMPBELL THAT I'M HOLLERING ABOUT IT

I really don't get having four chances at OT (basically) and not taking any and lose.
Your odds covering from the 2 are like 70-75%. Odds of winning in OT significantly lower than that.

Would not have said the same about going for it from the 7. That was a bit reckless.
Sure the pure analytics say go for it but when you suck all night in short yardage situations maybe just maybe consider game flow

I can guarantee that every single player on the Lions wants Campbell to go for two, even on the 7-yard-line and the vast majority of fans did too.
Not this fan. I was ok with the first even if I thought kick. Absolutely you kick from the 7.

I asked up thread, when a player reports as eligible, doesn't the referee supposed to make an announcement that #68 has reported as eligible?
Yes the ref does announce it. And he did announce that #70 reported as eligible. He did not announce that #68 reported as eligible.

Looking at the video, Allen either looks like he's on the take, or he's as clueless as Phil Luckett calling a Jerome Bettis coin toss.

****ing hope that's not the case, because that would fry me. Just make me livid. I don't care about not covering the receiver. Let them call that if they catch it. But the call was a non-report, so any of this ******** "yeah, but even if. . . " just chafes me. Save it for your appellate brief.

Just looked it up, the referee makes an announcement that a player is eligible. So without being in the stadium to hear if the referee acknowledged #68 as eligible there's no way to know if #68 reported and was acknowledged as eligible by the referee.

What a auto sow that a
No, no there is not.
they just showed it on TV with Aikman saying he was surely reporting eligible and saying the ref just missed it
If he’s an eligible receiver, he doesn’t need to be covered in that unbalanced formation. I don’t fully grasp those rules but there’s a few retire NFL OL on Twitter posting that the refs got it wrong and it was legal
All there is is speculation. No one including the refs heard him actually report. Campbell just said on the presser that 70 did report and that only one player could report at a time. I fully don’t understand that rule but that’s what he just said.

****ing hope that's not the case, because that would fry me. Just make me livid. I don't care about not covering the receiver. Let them call that if they catch it. But the call was a non-report, so any of this ******** "yeah, but even if. . . " just chafes me. Save it for your appellate brief.
I believe from what I’m seeing online- decker did not need to be covered if he was eligible

What a auto sow that a
No, no there is not.
If he’s an eligible receiver, he doesn’t need to be covered in that unbalanced formation. I don’t fully grasp those rules but there’s a few retire NFL OL on Twitter posting that the refs got it wrong and it was legal
All there is is speculation. No one including the refs heard him actually report. Campbell just said on the presser that 70 did report and that only one player could report at a time. I fully don’t understand that rule but that’s what he just said.
I’m fairly certain multiple players can report as eligible at the same time. If they gave Campbell that explanation, this whole crew should be fired.

Got to disagree. It was the ultimate alpha call. Love it. I wouldn't trade Dan Campbell for a thousand Mike McCarthys.

The ball don't lie, mark my words, the Lions will go further than the Cowboys in the playoffs. ****ty way to lose but Campbell will use this as motivation in the playoffs.

Decker told the ref AND THE REF NODDED! What the ****!
I have to ask, please do not take offense, is this true?
Is that internet speculation or is it in print?

-I'm only asking because it will really sour me for future games. This cannot happen under any circumstances the way you described it. If I were Goodell I would launch an enitire investigation into it behind the scenes with the same fervor he's shown for other problems like Inflate-Gate and the event that triggered pink shoes and wristbands(it wasn't breast cancer)

...it's not because I had money riding on this game but I am left very bitter after having so much fun earlier and just letting it go as an NFL fan for once.
:tumbleweed:

If the ref doesn’t announce it how does the defense know? Seems like that wouldn’t be fair
True but also can you even hear those announcements in that situation? Could Decker have possible recognized he didn’t get called eligible?

The part I don’t understand is why did both 70 and 68 report as eligible. Specifically why for 70?
Not sure if this is true or not, but I just saw on Twitter someone say that #70 said he didn’t actually report.

I really hope we get a full answer in the pool report from the refs on this one.

Campbell gets no pass from me because you cannot coach reckless 100% of the time. He flat out gives away points during games. At some point you have to coach situationally.

The two point conversion call was fine other than the fact his dumb decisions earlier put them in that position. And they got screwed on the call. Welcome to the **** NFL.

But you gotta bury that to give your team a chance to win. Especially now when seeding effing matters.

Campbell failed his team. I’m sorry - he just did.

Decker told the ref AND THE REF NODDED! What the ****!

-I'm only asking because it will really sour me for future games. This cannot happen under any circumstances the way you described it. If I were Goodell I would launch an enitire investigation into it behind the scenes with the same fervor he's shown for other problems like Inflate-Gate and the event that triggered pink shoes and wristbands(it wasn't breast cancer)

...it's not because I had money riding on this game but I am left very bitter after having so much fun earlier and just letting it go as an NFL fan for once.
:tumbleweed:
They just showed Decker walking to the ref, said something, and the ref nodded.

I really don't get having four chances at OT (basically) and not taking any and lose.
Your odds covering from the 2 are like 70-75%. Odds of winning in OT significantly lower than that.

Would not have said the same about going for it from the 7. That was a bit reckless.
Sure the pure analytics say go for it but when you suck all night in short yardage situations maybe just maybe consider game flow
Ok but then game flow was they just went 80 yards in 60 seconds.

Decker and his cohort were telling the ref. The ref walked away when number seventy was trying to tell him. I think he earnestly may never have seen the offending player report.

I don't even know who is the offender at this point. But it's quite clear #68 is reporting as eligible. If it was him, then they blew the call.

Users who are viewing this thread