What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock Draft #2 - Let's draft! (2 Viewers)

Any interest in the first pick?
It's a really tough sell. The teams at the top need QB's and depth.

And with Atlanta's apparent shift to the 3-4, I'm not sure he's the best fit there either.
I think Clowney would be an excellent player in the 3-4. He would give the D coordinator options to have him rush as a LB or play DE. He is a very versatile option
We've never seen him play as LB though, it is a big unknown if he could develop into doing any type of coverage at all.

Anyone one want an assistant for their war room? Someone to discuss pick and trades with maybe. Just trying to weasel my way into the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone one want an assistant for their war room? Someone to discuss pick and trades with maybe. Just trying to weasel my way into the fun.
A few people are doubled up I think. I'm sure someone will let you have one of their teams.

On the clock for two hours. Amazing how actual NFL GM's can get these deals done in 10 minutes.
This is the reason why I put the Raides pick on the trading block early. People get antsy if a pick isn't made within and hours time.

1.02. St. L Rams - Greg Robinson - T, Auburn

Tried to move the pick but in the end there isn't enough interest form other teams. Robinson is the top T in this draft, #2 player on my board and he's immense potential.

PSA: Everyone is interested in moving down!

Thought I'd get that out there for everyone!!
I know but I have to plant the seed for when someone sees their guy falling out of the top 10. Can't catch a fish if you don't put a line in the water.

Isn't keeping Bradford upright a priority?
No, not really. Particularly not with the #2 overall.

The tea leaves are all over this one. If they were planning on going OT at #2, they wouldn't have given Saffold that contract. Not even to play guard.

I still think teams would prefer Matthews to Robinson.
Not the Rams....
Sure they would. They still have Jake Long under contract and Matthews has played both left and right side.Anyway, I'm still convinced the Rams don't take a tackle here at all.
The transition to RT isn't that difficult in the NFL and Robinson has the most athleticism of anyone in the class at T. The fact that they have Long to play LT is a huge plus for Robinson as he needs work on his pass blocking to make the transition to the NFL stud he can become. Robinson is easily the best run blocking T in this draft and that also is a plus for his 1st year at RT. In the end I'm not picking a T. I'm picking the BPA on the board. That is Robinson IMO. I'd love to have traded back but there aren't any real takers.

I still think teams would prefer Matthews to Robinson.
Not the Rams....
Sure they would. They still have Jake Long under contract and Matthews has played both left and right side.Anyway, I'm still convinced the Rams don't take a tackle here at all.
The transition to RT isn't that difficult in the NFL and Robinson has the most athleticism of anyone in the class at T. The fact that they have Long to play LT is a huge plus for Robinson as he needs work on his pass blocking to make the transition to the NFL stud he can become. Robinson is easily the best run blocking T in this draft and that also is a plus for his 1st year at RT.In the end I'm not picking a T. I'm picking the BPA on the board. That is Robinson IMO. I'd love to have traded back but there aren't any real takers.
I can see how you could reason that.

But Watkins and Mack also fit that description.

Isn't keeping Bradford upright a priority?
No, not really. Particularly not with the #2 overall.

The tea leaves are all over this one. If they were planning on going OT at #2, they wouldn't have given Saffold that contract. Not even to play guard.
So what's their play if they can't move the pick, Watkins? That's a lot of high picks at WR for St. Louis the last few years.
Absolutely. But like the Lions, they don't have much to show for it. Should they not have taken Calvin just because the other guys weren't any good?

Users who are viewing this thread