What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shark Pool Mock Draft #2 - Let's draft! (1 Viewer)

With pick 1.3, the Jaguars select WR Sammy Watkins, Clemson.

While QB and pass rusher are the Jaguars most glaring needs, it's not hard to see that there are other obvious needs all over the roster. Plain and simple, this team needs playmakers and Sammy Watkins definitely fits that bill. This is even more true given that Justin Blackmon's status is unkown. If he makes it back, great combo on the field. If not, Watkins is here.

Khalil Mack would make for the perfect LEO and can easily see him being selected here. But I think Watkins is the guy at #3. Today, at least.

Could you imagine the Rams having a front seven of Quinn/Brockers/Langford/Long and Khalil Mack/Laurinaitis/Ogletree?

Whoa daddy!

With the 1.04 pick in the NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Jake Matthews.

Well... "worst case scenario" happened in front of me with Robinson and Watkins being taken...

But what a consolation prize for the Browns... Matthews is pro ready, insane upside, and better in pass protection than Robinson.

Brian Hoyer figures to have vacation time in the pocket this season. Gordon, Cameron and Tate should all be smiling.

I like Watkins' talent, but JAX would be crazy to take him at three. They have glaring holes up and down that roster that needs to be filled before you even think about WR IMO.

I think if the Rams could guarantee Lewan would be available with their 2nd #1 they would take Watkins but that isn't a guarantee therefore I do think they go with a tackle but I agree with Andy, I think Matthews is the pick.

Mathews is pro ready and the Rams have already tried to take a workout warrior at tackle before (Jason Smith) and look how that worked out.

Mathews has ties with Fisher as well and is better in the passing game also has experience playing right tackle in the SEC for 3 years.........He is a sure thing. Maybe not quite the ceiling but not a risk at all.

IMO, the safest pick in the NFL draft this year and that is what the Rams need.

That oline could be very good next year

I like Watkins' talent, but JAX would be crazy to take him at three. They have glaring holes up and down that roster that needs to be filled before you even think about WR IMO.
They improved the defensive front a LOT in free agency and they took an offensive lineman early last year that should play on the left side.

Really, they're just skipping on the QB right now. I can dig the Watkins pick.

Raiders are on the clock. I will give it a few minutes to see if any trade offers come in. If not I will make my pick in about 15 minutes.

They improved the defensive front a LOT in free agency and they took an offensive lineman early last year that should play on the left side.

Really, they're just skipping on the QB right now. I can dig the Watkins pick.
Insurance for Blackmon, worse case scenario, they play together. I actually like Henne as the QB there. I thought Jax looked a lot better with him.

If anyone is wanting to trade up for the top QB (or 2nd top if Oak takes one) PM me for ATL's pick. Wanted a LT

They improved the defensive front a LOT in free agency and they took an offensive lineman early last year that should play on the left side.Really, they're just skipping on the QB right now. I can dig the Watkins pick.
This was my thought process here. They really improved up front defensively and added a capable OG. While it's tough to win without a QB, the buzz around all of them is just not there. I can see Mack as the pick and would be really happy with it, but WR is a need as well.

I think the Jack pick had to come down to Watkins vs. Mack. I'd probably have gone Mack because I have him rated a bit higher but it's very close. Blackmon is talented but a doofus. Bringing in the best playmaker from this draft is great insurance for a team that lacks playmakers.

Edit, freaking hate iPad auto spell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raiders are on the clock. I will give it a few minutes to see if any trade offers come in. If not I will make my pick in about 15 minutes.
With all of the QB's on the board and Watkins gone you're in a tough spot.
If you're drafting as if you're the Raiders GM, it's pretty clear, IMO.

His job is on the line, so he takes BPA which is Mack. But it's up to him.
I can actually see a team trade up to 5 or 6 if Mack is there. He's the real deal IMO.

I think if Oak ends up in a position to take the QB they have atop their board, they do it. I just haven't a clue who that guy is.

With the 5th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, The Oakland Raiders select Khalil Mack LB Buffalo

The Raiders need playmakers on both sides of the ball. Khalil will add a playmaker to the defensive side of the ball and is best player available on my board. He is a guy that I think Reggie will look at as well with the 5th pick. Reggie drafts BPA not need.

With the free agency additinos of Tuck, Woodley, Antonio Smith, re-signing Sims and adding a playmaker like Khalil Mack will help to vastly improve the Raiders rush defense.

Khalil Mack is not only good making plays behind the line of scrimmage he also does good in pass coverage as well. Plus Mack is versatile and can play OLB in a 4-3 and a OLB in a 3-4 and the Raiders love players that are multiple.

If this happens I would guess that Mack will play SLB and the Raiders will move Sio Moore to the WLB spot. That would give the Raiders a young couple of LB's to build around.

I did consider Bortles here but in the end I think if the board falls like it did it will be Mack because I don't think Reggie is sold on any of the top QB's on the board being a top 5 pick.. I think if the Raiders could have traded back and a QB had fallen to them at that point Reggie would have taken a QB but in the end Reggie drafts BPA and Mack was the BPA on the board.

crap crap crap.

Selling cheap

PM me for top QB on your board.

Give 20 mins to make a pick
Jeez, this is probably your worst case senario right here.

*edit* I could totally see a team try to move up on the cheap here for Evans.

I love Tampa's spot if the draft breaks this way. All of the QB's available, Barr, or Evans. They're guaranteed to get a potentially great player and fill a major need.

I don't think I've seen this in any other mocks, but since TonyG retired could Ebron possibly go here?

#6 ATL Falcons select Taylor Lewan

So the worst case scenario for the Falcons has happened and their phone didn't ring at all after putting out an offer to trade back for cheap (says a lot about this qb class). ATL needs help on defense but also oline and for the offense to be highlighted they need protection up front. Baker is a good tackle but not great and I believe his contract is up after this year. The drafting of Lewan would help this year and help in negotiations with Baker in the offseason. Lewan is a step behind the top 2 tackles but is no slouch at all. He has a mean streak that ATL needs.

All in all ATL wanted 4 other guys or Watkins to be there to gain picks but in this scenario that just didn't happen. There are worse case scenario's than coming out of the draft with your first pick being Taylor Lewan

Lewan is a solid choice there. I fully believe the 3 Tackles will all be gone in the top 10 at the latest.

After overhauling the coaching staff and addressing the offense and defense with several players in free agency the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

1.7 Johnny Manziel - QB, Texas A & M

Lovie Smith is rumored to be in love, love, love with Johnny Manziel. The organization doesn't seem to be too enamored with Mike Glennon, and they'll be looking to trade him for hopefully a 3rd round pick or at least a 4th. The signing of McCown was basically an insurance policy. The TB fanbase has been itching for a player to get excited about for several years now, and we all know Johnny Football will be just that.

Lovie Smith's defense is predicated on pressure and turnovers. If things go according to plan on that side of the ball, the Bucs could be a playoff team in year one with Johnny Manziel under center making plays all over the field. This is exactly the type of team he needs to end up on to be successful right away.

WR is still a glaring need, but with this draft as deep as it is at the position they can afford to wait to address it.

After overhauling the coaching staff and addressing the offense and defense with several players in free agency the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select:

1.7 Johnny Manziel - QB, Texas A & M

Lovie Smith is rumored to be in love, love, love with Johnny Manziel. The organization doesn't seem to be too enamored with Mike Glennon, and they'll be looking to trade him for hopefully a 3rd round pick or at least a 4th. The signing of McCown was basically an insurance policy. The TB fanbase has been itching for a player to get excited about for several years now, and we all know Johnny Football will be just that.

Lovie Smith's defense is predicated on pressure and turnovers. If things go according to plan on that side of the ball, the Bucs could be a playoff team in year one with Johnny Manziel under center making plays all over the field. This is exactly the type of team he needs to end up on to be successful right away.

WR is still a glaring need, but with this draft as deep as it is at the position they can afford to wait to address it.
You pull a hamstring getting that pick in? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread