What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snowmageddon 2022 (2 Viewers)

glock said:
Koya said:
While some would say this was a perfect week to have a biz trip to boca (left last night head back Thursday), my jeep is sorta bored sitting at my work garage :-/
Oh, don't sweat it- this batch of white stuff will be here waiting for you when you get back... ;)
But roads will be clear. I want virgin snow.

Mmmm, virgins.

Is it really a winter storm if us Directv subscribers don't have The Weather Channel to give it a fictional name?

This afternoon, our carbon monoxide detector downstairs signaled. Yikes!

Called FD non-emergency after shutting furnace off. 5 minutes later 2 firefighters show up and measure 30 ppm at the base of the furnace in back (0-4 elsewhere downstairs). I shut down furnace, they call gas company. Gas company guys get the same readings as firefighters, and go on to test stove/oven, water heater...a-ok.

Gas guys show me the crack in the heat exchanger, demonstrate how the furnace isn't burning clean, point out soot, etc. Gas is shut off at furnace.

I have three portable radiators and two space heaters, all from when we refurbed a couple of duplexes. Two story, 1850 sq feet. Old home in historic district. I hope they help. My parents house is a back up plan.

18 F now, with wind chill of 4 F. Low tonight of 3F.

Last edited by a moderator:
i used to be anti snow blower, felt like i was giving up buying one. i heart you snowblower.

2 years buying another truck, wife finally back on board :lol:

Central NJ - still dumping...been snowing since I left for work at 7:30 AM. I had an early AM meeting, and left after that (11:00). Roads were horrible. I quickly realized that back roads were likely moving as fast as the interstate and jumped off the main road...glad I did as apparently a jackknifed tractor trailer shut down I-78 westbound for an hour or so. Several cars were stuck trying to get up a steep hill near my house. I'll never understand what possesses people to pull up behind a car that is clearly stuck on a hill...the only place he has to go is backwards. Regardless, I waited for him to slide out of the way and went around...Definitely a 4WD + good tires type of day.
Same thing happened to me today. Driving through the back roads and some dumb broad in a white sedan got stuck. Caused like 5 cars to back up in each direction. After like 5 minutes of flailing around like a dying fish, she slid to the side and we were all able to go around her.

She's probably still out there. Roads were nasty. Pretty psyched about a delayed opening tomorrow. sleeping in on a Wednesday rules

Called FD non-emergency after shutting furnace off. 5 minutes later 2 firefighters show up and measure 30 ppm at the base of the furnace in back (0-4 elsewhere downstairs). I shut down furnace, they call gas company. Gas company guys get the same readings as firefighters, and go on to test stove/oven, water heater...a-ok.

Gas guys show me the crack in the heat exchanger, demonstrate how the furnace isn't burning clean, point out soot, etc. Gas is shut off at furnace.

I have three portable radiators and two space heaters, all from when we refurbed a couple of duplexes. Two story, 1850 sq feet. Old home in historic district. I hope they help. My parents house is a back up plan.

Yikes. Nightmare scenario. Stay warm.

Thank goodness for the detector. Good luck!

14" here in Edison, NJ. There's a guy on facebook that goes by the name Severe NJ Weather. He called this storm a week and nailed it. He's been mroe accurate than all of the news people including the weather channel. He's like the Rain Man of weather.

14" here in Edison, NJ. There's a guy on facebook that goes by the name Severe NJ Weather. He called this storm a week and nailed it. He's been mroe accurate than all of the news people including the weather channel. He's like the Rain Man of weather.
Have you been following his feud with weatherboy? Who knew amateur meteorologists were so catty

Have you been following his feud with weatherboy? Who knew amateur meteorologists were so catty
Weatherboy also called this storm last week. Meanwhile, the meteorologists on the local news channels barely mentioned this possibility until MONDAY! I only listen to weatherboy now. Hes usually right

8.5" in Downingtown from yesterday. I dont have a shovel (part of HOA), but they hadnt gotten to my house yet so I had to use a push broom to clear a path for my car to get out of garage.

8.5" in Downingtown from yesterday. I dont have a shovel (part of HOA), but they hadnt gotten to my house yet so I had to use a push broom to clear a path for my car to get out of garage.
Wha????
I dont own a shovel because snow removal is part of our HOA and I havent had the motivation to get one.

That may change after today though...
I read that wrong. I thought part of your HOA terms was that you can't shovel your own sidewalk. GO GET A SHOVEL!!

Only couple inches snow where i'm at and sun out this morning but the dumb a@@es in this area called school off last freakin night. It is cold but in no way should schools be closed. It's no wonder kids are the way the are today, but alot of it comes from idiot parents who treat these brats like pu@@ies. Rant over

Newark Schools are in session with over a foot of snow. I teach in Kearny, a town over, and we had school called at noon yesterday.

Thank goodness for the detector. Good luck!
We got it as a throw in Christmas gift from my Dad about 6 years ago. Called him last night, "You remember that CO detector you gave us? It worked." Thanked him profusely.

1 F outside now, holding inside at 58 F. Series of heating contractors visiting the house starts in 15 mins.

There is a guy on Facebook that I follow that called this back on January 8.

Solid.

I have. Pure comedy.
Is this real or schtick. If real, link please.

Only couple inches snow where i'm at and sun out this morning but the dumb a@@es in this area called school off last freakin night. It is cold but in no way should schools be closed. It's no wonder kids are the way the are today, but alot of it comes from idiot parents who treat these brats like pu@@ies. Rant over
It has nothing to do with how the kids are treated. It has to do with driving conditions and a lot of people being bad drivers in adverse conditions, making the roads dangerous for them and others. NYC schools were open on time. You know why? Most of the kids walk to school.

Sunshine from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. House temperature went up from 58 F to 62 F.

Heating oven up for a roaster chicken and taters. Daughter and I are going to bake brownies and cookies after that.

5 Contractors in the house, three bids thrown out as they can't start work until Saturday or Monday (parts unavailable immediately or schedule long).

If we call tonight, one contractor can start early AM tomorrow. The other starts tomorrow, but will finish Friday. Parents of my daughter's friends offered her to stay; daughter goes with one family Thursday night, another family Friday night.

I hope I can fire up a new furnace by Friday.

I have. Pure comedy.
It's severe nj weather and weatherboy weather on Facebook. Weatherboy got on the map during sandy. He's like a 16 year old but does a good job. Severe weather is kind of an funny duck but it seems like weatherboy tried to discredit him. I'll look for links but follow severe and look for cryptic comments around the new year. Plays out in some comments though never directly that I have seen

Weatherboy isnt a 16 yr old kid. Its a group of trained meteorologists.

I saw a fight break out when weatherboy posted how accurate a previous forecast was compared to tv forecasts but he also included other online sites. The other sites got pissed saying he lied about some of the stats even though he was kind of giving them credit.

I have. Pure comedy.
Not schtick. The guy who runs Severe NJ Weather put out a disclaimer against WeatherBoy a few weeks ago, and then I think he found out that it was actually a Weather BOY, meaning the kid must have been like 15 or something, who is really trying to go to meteorology school.

I saw a fight break out when weatherboy posted how accurate a previous forecast was compared to tv forecasts but he also included other online sites. The other sites got pissed saying he lied about some of the stats even though he was kind of giving them credit.
I stand corrected.

Furnace installed and running. Good thing because I was losing the heating battle. House was 48 F this morning.

Now a toasty 70 F.

wait I saw what usual saw, that was spread by severe weather, that isn't true? Where did you hear weatherboy was a collective?

Heating season started in October here and we've gone thru 2.5 cords of wood and only 10% of our propane supply=50 gallons of a 500 gallon tank. Currently sitting on 3.5 cords and 30%. Last time we bought propane was last March 31, 200 gallons and I fully expect to make it thru the heating season without having to buy more propane despite the extreme and repetitive nature of the cold. Multiple readings near zero and days that don't get out of the teens and it's not forecasted to get above freezing for at least the next week.

Users who are viewing this thread