What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The FFA discussing NFL so we don't have to go to Shark Pool thread (2 Viewers)

My league moved to a 3yr keeper format last year, including the ability to keep FA's as a last round pick. I proposed options so FAs weren't first come, first serve if some news broke after waivers and the quickest guy to the internet didn't get a 3yr advantage, but was voted down. There's already too much luck involved, this format just increase it to the 3rd power.

:ptts:

My league moved to a 3yr keeper format last year, including the ability to keep FA's as a last round pick. I proposed options so FAs weren't first come, first serve if some news broke after waivers and the quickest guy to the internet didn't get a 3yr advantage, but was voted down. There's already too much luck involved, this format just increase it to the 3rd power.

Nobody cares. That's not what this thread is about.

Take it to the shark pool

Take it to the shark pool
My main keeper league is this format, and it's free money if you're on top of player news and draft rookies.

My keeper league allows us to keep waiver guys but they count as a 9 not a last round pick. That's just asking for trouble as you mentioned.

Edit because Aaron is mean. Correct, but mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Five years ago, this is still my all time favorite football video. Game didn't even matter. http://youtu.be/7Q01821q-Hg
That is pretty impressive.
The noise he makes at the end is just awful. No idea how he did that.
Ugh. Love the Lions. Had a shoulder come out of socket over thirty times and had the requisite barbaric tendon-cutting surgery that was standard in the 90's. I can relate to all of it. That was a good watch.

eta* Aside from the millions, model girlfriends, and tens of thousands of screaming fans, that is.

Five years ago, this is still my all time favorite football video. Game didn't even matter. http://youtu.be/7Q01821q-Hg
That is pretty impressive.
The noise he makes at the end is just awful. No idea how he did that.
Ugh. Love the Lions. Had a shoulder come out of socket over thirty times and had the requisite barbaric tendon-cutting surgery that was standard in the 90's. I can relate to all of it. That was a good watch.

eta* Aside from the millions, model girlfriends, and tens of thousands of screaming fans, that is.
Thanks bostonfred, been a few years since I watched that. Still get goose bumps.

This is my first year having the Red Zone (I know, right).

My gawd this changes everything. I don't even remember what I did before, but I'm never going back.

Did anyone else notice that there were fewer commercials in week one this year? I mean, there was still: Change of possion ---> commercial ---> playcall ---> two minute warning commercial ---> touchdown ---> commercial. But then after kickoff, they were staying with the game and not cutting to another commercial.

Did anyone else pick up on this?

I can unequivocally say that I have never before enjoyed owning a player that scored me 0 points than I have had owning Josh Gordon in multiple keeper and re-draft formats this season.

F5'ing the Gordon SP thread has gotten me through entire days at work, and I can't get enough.

:freeJG12:

OMG MY ENTIRE TEAM IS HURT TODAY.

I can't take the fantasy football talk anymore in the shark pool. It is brutal.

Let's talk football.

No offense guys, but this thread is no better than a typical Shark Pool one. Coming from a long time lurker of this site.

Disappointed :(

Nice win for SD.

Of course Gates with the big day, but it looked like Seattle was a little out of whack all day on offense.

No offense guys, but this thread is no better than a typical Shark Pool one. Coming from a long time lurker of this site.

Disappointed :(
Instead of cursing the dark light a candle. What have you done to take this thread to the next level?

So my Panthers are 2-0. First time since 2008. And we are winning our division. Great win today. Hope some folks drafted Olsen he is looking unstoppable at times.

So my Panthers are 2-0. First time since 2008. And we are winning our division. Great win today. Hope some folks drafted Olsen he is looking unstoppable at times.
Meanwhile the Saints have shot themselves in the foot and are 0-2.

The Bucs are just really bad.

The Falcons are bad, but not Bucs bad.

Meanwhile the Saints have shot themselves in the foot and are 0-2.

The Bucs are just really bad.

The Falcons are bad, but not Bucs bad.
The Bucs need time. They have a lot of talent but they need a legit QB. Guys are backups for this long for a reason. I am really surprised by Atlanta this year. I read early in the offseason Mike Smith might be the first coach fired this year, I thought that was over the top. But maybe it isn't.

i asked a group of cops in the restaurant this afternoon to drive out to the airport and shoot Patrick Robinson in the knee.....this Saints defense will never be good with him starting.

Benjamin looking like a big time WR too. :wall: for taking Beckham over him.

Users who are viewing this thread