What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Time to bench Jahvid Best? (1 Viewer)

oh com'on.. last week there weren't "flashes of brilliance" TD's are the toughest thing to predict and last week's seemed fluke-ish.

In many 10 and 12 man leagues you probably had 3 pretty good backs and maybe only had lineups that allowed you to put RB's in 2 of them.

I have Mathews, Bradshaw, Best. Of those 3, FBG's had best 3rd.

So best didn't get the start.

78 RuYd, 2 RuTD (14,2), 154 ReYd, ReTD (75), 9 Recpt 51.7

Woot on my bench!!!

FU Charles!!

You have to keep in mind he was playing against the Eagles. Against any of the other 30 teams he will go back to his 1.4 avg

Dr. No said:
oh com'on.. last week there weren't "flashes of brilliance" TD's are the toughest thing to predict and last week's seemed fluke-ish.In many 10 and 12 man leagues you probably had 3 pretty good backs and maybe only had lineups that allowed you to put RB's in 2 of them.I have Mathews, Bradshaw, Best. Of those 3, FBG's had best 3rd.So best didn't get the start.
:shrug:

Started him as he's one of my 2 best RB's. Bush, Best, and Jackson. Yay!

And seriously, :lmao: as people saying he's a bust due to 1 game against a healthy Chicago D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr. No said:
oh com'on.. last week there weren't "flashes of brilliance" TD's are the toughest thing to predict and last week's seemed fluke-ish.In many 10 and 12 man leagues you probably had 3 pretty good backs and maybe only had lineups that allowed you to put RB's in 2 of them.I have Mathews, Bradshaw, Best. Of those 3, FBG's had best 3rd.So best didn't get the start.
:lmao: Sharks don't let FBG tell them what to do.This matchup was screaming for Best to have a huge week. Their starting QB went down so you knew they would have to rely heavily on Best. The eagles run D aren't world beaters. No way Best was coming out of my lineup.

Tanner9919 said:
Dr. Gobbler said:
Is this the point where all of the disbelievers shut up and start calling this kid Light Silver Jesus?

Seriously any of you that benched Best after he scored two TDs last week, please turn in your Hawk cards, if you had one to begin with. If not then please turn in your Shark card if you have one, if not please take a complimentary bag for your head at the front desk.
nice post!'GUPPIESbenched Best after last week's 2 TD performance, sharks kept him in their starting lineups.. ;)

not sure what a hawk is since this is the Shark Pool.. :confused:

:D

I had him and Miles Austin in my league...and I may still lose because of how horrible everyone else was. Ray Rice put up decent numbers for me, but I also had Hines Ward, Heath Miller, Greg Jennings, and Cadillac Williams.

I had him and Miles Austin in my league...and I may still lose because of how horrible everyone else was. Ray Rice put up decent numbers for me, but I also had Hines Ward, Heath Miller, Greg Jennings, and Cadillac Williams.
keep us posted

So let's stop kicking ourselves for benching him and stroking our egos for starting him.

Let's talk next week vs the Vikes in Minny.

Must start?

I don't think I can bench this guy for the reset of the season.

Best will probably struggle against the williams wall but then again everyone does.He should still get a bunch of catches and a td.

Dr. No said:
:lmao: Sharks don't let FBG tell them what to do.This matchup was screaming for Best to have a huge week. Their starting QB went down so you knew they would have to rely heavily on Best. The eagles run D aren't world beaters. No way Best was coming out of my lineup.
As far as I know Dodds and Bloom and the other FBGs staff spend more time thinking and watching football than I do.In general the shark play for me is not to put any thought into it and blindly follow their recommendations.Unfortunately much like with picking stocks, they are going to be wrong.. a lot.From what I DO know, regardless if they were going to rely on Best a lot or not, my fear was that they would not move the ball at all.I was wrongSorry.

So let's stop kicking ourselves for benching him and stroking our egos for starting him.Let's talk next week vs the Vikes in Minny.Must start?I don't think I can bench this guy for the reset of the season.
he is now a legitimate unbenchable stud

So let's stop kicking ourselves for benching him and stroking our egos for starting him.Let's talk next week vs the Vikes in Minny.Must start?I don't think I can bench this guy for the reset of the season.
Yeah, I highly doubt I will be benching him the rest of the season. May even try to trade some folks.

Gotta admit I benched Best for FBG darling #2 A Foster. (Started Best in another, though)

Even with this misstep (2-0), I will be rolling with the all FBG hype machine tandem of:

Gore

Best

Foster

Hello bench D'angelo Williams.... :goodposting:

All PPR.

Best will probably struggle against the williams wall but then again everyone does.He should still get a bunch of catches and a td.
I think we can put this to bed. The Vikes suck, they have no center, and are the least respectable two loss team in the league. I full expect Favre to quit by game 6. They are a trainwreck.

:goodposting:

The thread starter didn't even bench Best

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I bet this thread convinced at least a few people to bench Best. Those people would like to have a word with you... :hot: :hot:

Why would anyone bench him at home???

If you're going to bench him ever, at least do it when the playing surface negates some of his superior speed.

Question for those who benched him. Tough matchup next Week 3 @ MIN. Keep him benched, or start him and chase the points? Assuming those starting him both weeks will continue to keep him active.

Question for those who benched him. Tough matchup next Week 3 @ MIN. Keep him benched, or start him and chase the points? Assuming those starting him both weeks will continue to keep him active.
He will never leave my starting lineup again. And Minny is not as good as you think anymore on run defense. My Dolphins were manhandling them for a good portion of the game.

Why would anyone bench him at home???If you're going to bench him ever, at least do it when the playing surface negates some of his superior speed.
IS this your first post in this thread?If so....beat it. Hind sight is 20/20. :banned:
No.You should retire from fantasy football if you benched him on the carpet. Do you also start David Garrard on the road?? Good luck in your future endeavors.

I couldn't bench a guy that scored two TDs for me last week. Didn't know there was a bunch of people down on him and actually benched him. lol

He will never leave my starting lineup again. And Minny is not as good as you think anymore on run defense. My Dolphins were manhandling them for a good portion of the game.
Thanks didn't catch much of that game. Saw the outcome of course and the big day by Peterson.Checking the box score the Vikes D allowed 4.1 ypc with Brown leading the way (including a 51 yard run so perhaps susceptible to a big play or two). No TD's on the ground, bit of a concern there.Bottom line I agree the move is to play Best but perhaps Week 3 looks more like Week 1. Which isn't bad, at least in my leagues.

I benched Best yesterday - ugh. Although I played Mike Vick at Super Flex in the slot that I had started Best in Week 1 and Vick got me 30 pts (vs 45 for Best) and I got the win (2-0). This comes on the heels of having Matt Forte score 44 points on my bench in Week 1.

Meanwhile the cemented starters, Ryan Matthews and MJ Drew have yet to do anything. Will make for some interesting lineup decisions for me amongst Mathews, Drew, Best and Forte going forward. Happy problem to have and it takes some of the sting away by winning anyway and having the Flex slot still produce big points for me.

It will be tough to keep Best out of the lineup here on in and I think he gets better upon Stafford's return.

As others have mentioned, Stew Bradley not being in at MLB downgrades this entire defense big time. Best doesn't need a ton of space to rip off a few big gains. Hill, I don't think, is much of a downgrade at all. In fact he might bring a little stability to the team. He should checkdown to Best a ton as the pass rush via Graham and Cole is still strong. i could see 8-9 receptions for Best this weekend and once he gets into open field its lights out (Eagles secondary is not known for excelling at tackling). He played a tough defense at full strength on the road last week. This week he gets a team whose defense is without their "quarterback" and offense is without theirs as well, resulting in a lot of 3 and outs. At home. On turf. Sit him at your own risk.I am starting him with Mendy and Brandon Jackson as my flex over MBII, Harrison, and Welker FWIW.
:lmao: Thats right, I am bumping my own post. Great weekend. Best blew up huge but the brids still won.

Grace Under Pressure said:
It would take an act of God to make me bench him after watching play yesterday.

never again, benched for Run DMC and Moreno. Still won with the highest score of the week, but would have had the all-time high score. 7 year league

Users who are viewing this thread