What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Advice official thread (3 Viewers)

In a 12 team yahoo h2h league that starts 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 2 UTL, 3 OF, and pitchers, what value would you put on Mark Reynolds, Adam LaRoche, Ike Davis, and Goldy?

I've got a logjam at 1B but I don't want to drop them either.

'rascal said:
'shadyridr said:
Id rank them:ReynoldsDavisGoldyLaRoche
Suprised to see Reynolds at the top. I've been starting Goldy/LaRoche more than him. I'm having a hard time determining value...if you traded 1-1 for a pitcher what would you think is equivalent?
I would be surprised if you got anything back honestly. Maybe like Cueto as the shady said before me but I just don't think any of them have any real value right now where I would trade anything of real significance for them. They are all kind of at the level where they probably can't really upgrade many temas 1B position if any or that most teams would rather just wait until you drop one or pick up someone off the WW with similar upside instead of trading a valuable asset.

NL only, 5x5 roto, 12 teams, 14 batters/11 pitchers

Tim Lincecum for Michael Morse

is this close? Anyone scared of either/both of these guys?

so im trying a buy low on lincecum. im thinking of offering cruz and luebke for him. is that even a buy low? i play in a pts league were wins are worth twelve pts so luebkes value isnt too great and i wanted to sell him high after his last start. plus i have a surplus of outfielders and can plug jd martinez in for cruz.

so im trying a buy low on lincecum. im thinking of offering cruz and luebke for him. is that even a buy low? i play in a pts league were wins are worth twelve pts so luebkes value isnt too great and i wanted to sell him high after his last start. plus i have a surplus of outfielders and can plug jd martinez in for cruz.
I mean if you can get Lincecum for that, I would definitely do it. I'm not too high on Lincecum this year but I mean if he isn't hiding an injury I expect him to get back on track to atleast be a good pitcher. Maybe not top 5-10 anymore but he also easily could regain form.For reference, in a 12 team H2H points, 4 player keeper, Lincecum was just traded with Alex Gordon for Madison Bumgarner and Matt Holliday. This was before last start but shows that there are still some people out there willing to take on risk with Lincecum.

Suprised to see Reynolds at the top. I've been starting Goldy/LaRoche more than him. I'm having a hard time determining value...if you traded 1-1 for a pitcher what would you think is equivalent?
I would be surprised if you got anything back honestly. Maybe like Cueto as the shady said before me but I just don't think any of them have any real value right now where I would trade anything of real significance for them. They are all kind of at the level where they probably can't really upgrade many temas 1B position if any or that most teams would rather just wait until you drop one or pick up someone off the WW with similar upside instead of trading a valuable asset.
I was just offered Cahill for LaRoche. He also has Lohse who I think I prefer more. Thoughts?

I was just offered Cahill for LaRoche. He also has Lohse who I think I prefer more. Thoughts?
Lohse is prone to hot starts, but as a whole is a very mediocre pitcher. I'd rather have Cahill it's an either or, but if it's a shallower league I'd bet I could find SP's I like more than him on waivers. Although I'm sure I'd say the same thing about LaRoche too.

5x5 ROTO w/ OBP instead of AVG

without looking at rosters, what do you guys think about this trade

Lincecum

for

Heyward

Garza

Sorry, didn't see this thread earlier. I wouldn't have started the other thread.

I am in a 10 team ESPN roto league. The only offensive stats we track are HR/RBI/Extra Base Hits/AVG.

I have some depth at OF (we start 5 with another Util spot) with

Josh Hamilton

Ryan Braun

Nelson Cruz

Howard Kendrick

Desmond Jennings

Drew Stubbs

Alex Rios

But I am really lacking at 1st base with

Ike Davis

Ryan Howard (DL obviously)

Another owner (last place team that needs a lot more offense) is willing to trade either

Adam LaRoche

Adam Dunn

Adam Linn

He has Pujols, but says he isn't on the trade table right now, but he doesn't sound totally firm on that

There isn't much on the waiver wire IMO, but I am out of the loop on deeper players in fantasy baseball.

Mat Gamel

Jaun Rivera

Aubrey Huff

Todd Helton

Yonder Alonso

Jeff Smoak

Jesus Guzman

Ty Wiggington

Casey Kotchman

Garrett Jones

Anyway, what should I be looking at for a trade offer/deal? Other owner has stated an interest in Cruz or Kendrick. I like that Kendrick is available at 2B and OF, but I already have Kinsler and Espinosa to use at 2B.

Or should I be looking at the Waiver Wire? It sucks that we only have waivers run once a week.

I would rather have Ike Davis than any of his 1B options (pujols not counting obviously).

Todd Helton at Coors is worth platooning.

I have had this trade offered to me:

I give:

Nelson Cruz

Buster Posey

I get:

Adam Dunn

Tim Lincecum

I have Matt Wieters at C still. Lincecum will add to Bumgarner, Gio Gonzalez, Anibal Sanchez, Jhoulys Chacin, Mike Minor, John Santana, Edison Volquez, Josh Johnson, Jonathan Sanchez. We only track W, ERA, HR allowed, and K for pitchers.

Any thoughts?

YES take that now. Since you already have a C its a no-brainer. Cruz is awesome but will get hurt like usual. Well worth the risk IMO. I offered the Timmay owner Cruz & luebke for him but hes yet to respond two days later

I have had this trade offered to me:I give:Nelson CruzBuster PoseyI get:Adam DunnTim LincecumI have Matt Wieters at C still. Lincecum will add to Bumgarner, Gio Gonzalez, Anibal Sanchez, Jhoulys Chacin, Mike Minor, John Santana, Edison Volquez, Josh Johnson, Jonathan Sanchez. We only track W, ERA, HR allowed, and K for pitchers.Any thoughts?
timmy was just traded in my 12 team league.Betancourt Garcia Peavy forM Moreland T Lincecum

Last edited by a moderator:
So the Latos owner and I have been talking. He is interested in trading, but I think his demands are too high. His first offer was my Jennings/Holland (or McCutchen...lol) for his Latos/Stubbs. He owned and then dropped Ike Davis and has said he doesn't want him back nor is he interested in Reynolds. Didn't say anything about LaRoche or Goldschmidt. I thought about returning an offer of LaRoche and Holland for just Latos, but I love Holland this year. Thoughts?

This is a 12 team, redraft, h2h, yahoo league.

My team:

C: Yadier Molina

1B: Joey Votto

2B: Dan Uggla

SS: Hanley Ramirez

3B: Evan Longoria

OF: Andrew McCutchen, Desmond Jennings, Adam Jones

UTL: Adam LaRoche, Ike Davis

SP: Jon Lester

SP: Yovani Gallardo

RP: Carlos Marmol

RP: Jim Johnson

P: Matt Moore

P: Ricky Romero

P: Max Scherzer

P: Jamie Garcia

Bench: Justin Masterson, Derek Holland, Hector Santiagio, Mark Reynolds, Paul Goldschmidt

DL: Chase Utley

His team:

C Carlos Santana

1B Gaby Sanchez

2B Brandon Phillips

3B Jose Bautista

SS Jimmy Rollins

OF Curtis Granderson

OF Josh Hamilton

OF Drew Stubbs

Util Elvis Andrus

Util Nolan Reimold

SP Mat Latos

SP Kyle Drabek

RP Heath Bell

RP Lance Lynn

P Joe Nathan

P Jose Valverde

P Clay Buchholz

P Jake Westbrook

Bench: Kelly Johnson, Daniel Hudson, Johnny Cueto, Jhoulys Chacin, Jason Hammel

DL Kyle Farnsworth

DL Tim Hudson

14 team H2h redraft

I was just offered this trade

Vogelsong for Chris Perez

My current pitchers

Lee

Hellickson

Lily

Feliz

Colby Lewis

Nova

Jonathan Sanchez

Kimbrel

Perez

Hector Santiago

Staufer on DL

We start 4 SP, 2 RP and 1 other P

If I move Perez I still have 2 closers. Does Vogelsong improve me enough to make the deal?

No, in a 3 OF league I'd have zero interest in Stubbs.
I agree and I'm not interested in trading any of my OFs. What about LaRoche and Holland for Latos?
Yea, I'd do that. But I also don't want anything to do with LaRoche in a shallower league (would not have owned him in the first place), so make note of that. I think Holland to Latos is a very modest upgrade, but since I don't think oanything of LaRoche I'd do it.

14 team H2h redraftI was just offered this tradeVogelsong for Chris PerezMy current pitchersLeeHellicksonLilyFelizColby LewisNovaJonathan SanchezKimbrelPerezHector SantiagoStaufer on DLWe start 4 SP, 2 RP and 1 other PIf I move Perez I still have 2 closers. Does Vogelsong improve me enough to make the deal?
No, Vogelsong is replacement level in that shallow of a league.

what level pitcher would i need to offer for mourneau? i was thinking of starting with nicasio and working my way up. i need a 1b desperately

Can the below team afford to lose Stanton for a top of the line SP? Does this team need another SP?

c- c ruiz1b- teixeira2b- uggla3b- longoriass- castroof- stantonof- werthof- maybinof- bonifaciout- hosmerut- chipperdl- ellsburybn- allen craigbn- troutp- sabathiap- lincecump- zimmermanp- minorp- lynnp- billingslyp- mccarthyp- streetp- adams

Can the below team afford to lose Stanton for a top of the line SP? Does this team need another SP?

c- c ruiz1b- teixeira2b- uggla3b- longoriass- castroof- stantonof- werthof- maybinof- bonifaciout- hosmerut- chipperdl- ellsburybn- allen craigbn- troutp- sabathiap- lincecump- zimmermanp- minorp- lynnp- billingslyp- mccarthyp- streetp- adams
Isn't Stanton playing injured?

Do I trade Beachy for Trumbo? 12 team standard H2H with dailey transactions.

My team:

C Alex Avila (Det - C)

1B Joey Votto (Cin - 1B)

2B Neil Walker (Pit - 2B)

3B Kevin Youkilis (Bos - 1B,3B)

SS Zack Cozart (Cin - SS)

OF Carlos Gonzalez (Col - OF)

OF Hunter Pence (Phi - OF)

OF Josh Hamilton (Tex - OF)

Util Nolan Reimold (Bal - OF)

Util Matt Joyce (TB - OF)

SP James Shields (TB - SP)

SP Josh Johnson (Mia - SP)

RP Joe Nathan (Tex - RP)

RP Hector Santiago (CWS - RP)

P Sean Marshall (Cin - RP)

P Brandon McCarthy (Oak - SP)

P Justin Masterson (Cle - SP)

P Ian Kennedy (Ari - SP)

BN Cameron Maybin (SD - OF)

BN Alexei Ramirez (CWS - SS)

BN Neftali Feliz (Tex - SP,RP)

BN Jake Westbrook (StL - SP)

BN Brandon Beachy (Atl - SP)

DL Kyle Farnsworth (TB - RP) DL

His team:

C Wilson Ramos (Was - C)

1B Freddie Freeman (Atl - 1B)

2B Rickie Weeks (Mil - 2B)

3B Brett Lawrie (Tor - 3B)

SS Troy Tulowitzki (Col - SS)

OF Andre Ethier (LAD - OF)

OF Jay Bruce (Cin - OF)

OF Justin Upton (Ari - OF)

Util Shin-Soo Choo (Cle - OF)

Util Desmond Jennings (TB - OF)

SP Cole Hamels (Phi - SP)

SP Jonathon Niese (NYM - SP)

RP Alfredo Aceves (Bos - SP,RP)

RP Francisco Cordero (Tor - RP)

P Chris Sale (CWS - SP,RP)

P Bartolo Colon (Oak - SP)

P A.J. Burnett (Pit - SP)

P Santiago Casilla (SF - RP)

BN Gaby Sanchez (Mia - 1B)

BN Delmon Young (Det - OF)

BN Jason Kipnis (Cle - 2B)

BN Mark Trumbo (LAA - 1B,OF)

BN Jhoulys Chacin (Col - SP)

DL Michael Pineda (NYY - SP) DL

yes I think you need another pitcher. And losing stanton doesn't seem to be a big deal right now. He hasn't done anything so the "afford to lose" line was kind of confusing

Do I trade Beachy for Trumbo? 12 team standard H2H with dailey transactions. My team:C Alex Avila (Det - C) 1B Joey Votto (Cin - 1B) 2B Neil Walker (Pit - 2B) 3B Kevin Youkilis (Bos - 1B,3B) SS Zack Cozart (Cin - SS) OF Carlos Gonzalez (Col - OF) OF Hunter Pence (Phi - OF) OF Josh Hamilton (Tex - OF) Util Nolan Reimold (Bal - OF) Util Matt Joyce (TB - OF) SP James Shields (TB - SP) SP Josh Johnson (Mia - SP) RP Joe Nathan (Tex - RP) RP Hector Santiago (CWS - RP) P Sean Marshall (Cin - RP) P Brandon McCarthy (Oak - SP) P Justin Masterson (Cle - SP) P Ian Kennedy (Ari - SP) BN Cameron Maybin (SD - OF) BN Alexei Ramirez (CWS - SS) BN Neftali Feliz (Tex - SP,RP) BN Jake Westbrook (StL - SP) BN Brandon Beachy (Atl - SP) DL Kyle Farnsworth (TB - RP) DL His team:C Wilson Ramos (Was - C) 1B Freddie Freeman (Atl - 1B) 2B Rickie Weeks (Mil - 2B) 3B Brett Lawrie (Tor - 3B) SS Troy Tulowitzki (Col - SS) OF Andre Ethier (LAD - OF) OF Jay Bruce (Cin - OF) OF Justin Upton (Ari - OF) Util Shin-Soo Choo (Cle - OF) Util Desmond Jennings (TB - OF) SP Cole Hamels (Phi - SP) SP Jonathon Niese (NYM - SP) RP Alfredo Aceves (Bos - SP,RP) RP Francisco Cordero (Tor - RP) P Chris Sale (CWS - SP,RP) P Bartolo Colon (Oak - SP) P A.J. Burnett (Pit - SP) P Santiago Casilla (SF - RP) BN Gaby Sanchez (Mia - 1B) BN Delmon Young (Det - OF) BN Jason Kipnis (Cle - 2B) BN Mark Trumbo (LAA - 1B,OF) BN Jhoulys Chacin (Col - SP) DL Michael Pineda (NYY - SP) DL
Id rather have beachy

'Annyong said:
'Wrigley said:
Isn't Stanton playing injured?
cant find it, but i read that he was pain free now.
From Rotoworld 4/20
Giancarlo Stanton said his left knee is starting to feel much better than it had been.Stanton has cartilage damage in his knee and has admitted he might have to play through it all year. "For the most part, [Wednesday] and for the past two days, I finally feel like I’ve got my legs back under me a little more," Stanton said. "It’s just maintaining it, coping with it. Whatever I’m going through, though, it doesn’t matter. I just have to go out there and do my job." The knee has clearly affected the outfielder to this point, as Stanton, a 40-homer threat coming into the season, has yet to go deep in 46 at-bats.

Is Zobrist for Cruz a fair offer? Id be giving up Cruz

I need serious help in the IF. This would allow me to slide Santana over to C & EE over to 1B. Right now Im playing Yadier @ C and Santana at 1B and EE in IF. I hate playing two catchers. I can replace Cruz with JD Martinez.

Should I ask for a little more?

Is Zobrist for Cruz a fair offer? Id be giving up CruzI need serious help in the IF. This would allow me to slide Santana over to C & EE over to 1B. Right now Im playing Yadier @ C and Santana at 1B and EE in IF. I hate playing two catchers. I can replace Cruz with JD Martinez.Should I ask for a little more?
I think its pretty fair as Zobrist is averaging ~100 more at bats a year than Cruz. They both hit in good lineups so I would call that aspect a draw. Martinez is doing well now, and its fairly easy to find a decent 3rd OF in FA on a rotating basis throughout the year. I would see if he would throw in a top set up man assuming he has one. Cruz for Zobrist and say a Tyler Clippard type player who will help you with Ks and ERA a bit.

all things equal, who wins this trade (5x5 obp instead of avg.)

Pujols

Balfour

Beachy

for

Tex

Stanton

Minor

Going to try and peel Cabrera away from an owner who's team is in the basement and has 5 or 6 guys on the DL. He needs depth

is this too much or not enough?

Y. Cespedes

M. Trumbo (he's getting his ABs)

J. Altuve

12 team

redraft

standard 5x5

Going to try and peel Cabrera away from an owner who's team is in the basement and has 5 or 6 guys on the DL. He needs depthis this too much or not enough?Y. CespedesM. Trumbo (he's getting his ABs)J. Altuve12 teamredraftstandard 5x5
Not even close to enough

What's Yadier Molina up to? He is killing it early in the season and has been a star for my H2H Points league which has negative -.5 for Ks. Is he going to be a top 5 catcher and where did this power come from?

I was thinking of selling high on Molina and maybe trying to get Wieters, thinking he might be an upgrade? Something like Molina and Downs to the Walden owner for Wieters. Do I try to get Wieters or Molina just as good this year? So is Molina breaking out or just a hot power streak?

Problem is Molina is a known commodity, he's alright but not a difference maker. I'm thinking I under valued him at the beginning of the season but I'm also content with my wait and take what's left strategy which netted me two of Lucroy, Ramos, and Martin while I'm stronger elsewhere.

At the end of the day, Yadier just isn't going to put up the numbers of a top 5 C. At this point you're really only selling him if someone sees career year, while possible it isn't something I'm going to bet on.

Any idea what the trade value of Jesus Montero is? He has catcher eligibility now.
Anyone? Typical 5x5.Guy is trying to unload Montero, and looking for a pitcher from me. Wants Zimmerman. Not sure I want to do that.My other pitchers are Bumgarner, Detwiler, Luebke, Lynn, and Smyly.

Users who are viewing this thread