What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UDFA news (1 Viewer)

Jiggyonthehut

Footballguy
I didn't see any feature on UDFA's so I'm starting a thread to consolidate relevant info regarding UDFA's.

First up: Auburn G Tim Duckworth was waived recently from the Denver Broncos following a failed physical. Good size and ability and the Broncos are expected to re-sign him within the month if another team does not snatch him up. Good chance another team takes a chance on him. Interesting story, at one point was rated as a top-5 G in the draft and, as of the beginning of the season, was rated higher than fellow Auburn G Ben Grubbs. Great 2005 season but slipped in 2006, giving up 5.5 sacks in first 1/2 of season. Fell because of timed-speed. Not a great combine. Excellent size and a classic road-grading G with fantastic upper-body strength. Speedy DT's are an issue.

Second: Miami (Fla.) RB Tyrone Moss was waived May 3 from the Cleveland Browns following two days of unspectacular performance. Moss was the poster child of unfulfilled expectations, never making the most of his darn good freshman campaign. Knee injury obviously a major issue as he runs very physically and loves to block. Not the size you want for a fullback, not enough running ability to catch on as a RB. I think this spells the end for him. Teams will look at the knee (ACL) and shy away.

Third: UDFA's still on the market:

Texas RB Ramonce Taylor --> Top prospect with off-field issues (drugs.) Kicked off team but has good ability.

JMU QB Justin Rascati --> Good mobility, great accuracy, adequate arm strength. Surprise that no WCO teams offered yet.

Miami (Fla.) WR Ryan Moore --> Not technically sound, but good size and speed. Thought he'd get an offer by now.

Fresno State C Kyle Young --> One of the top C's comming into 2006 season. Academic, athletic issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread