What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (3 Viewers)

Homebrew came out much better than I expected since it was my first brew. Not very strong but plenty of hops. Pleasantly surprised I could make something like that from my own kitchen. Bought a Furious clone called Ferocious that is loaded with warrior, amarillo and simcoe (or citra if I use that instead). Can't wait for that one.

I absolutely love Tres Blueberry.Tonight so far, Lakefront Brewery Chad, Sprecher Hard Root Beer, now working on Clown Shoes Ghengis Pecan.Question for the group, I noticed my beer store has Sam Afams Utopias, for those who have purchased how much did a bottle cost you?

But I bought a Flying Dog 12-pack today that has 3 Oyster Stouts :X in it. Haven't gotten to them yet. Someone tell me something good about it.
Is that their "Pearl Necklace"? :lmao: I love the irreverent names Flying Dog uses. Very good brewery imo. The oyster stout style name is more historical than anything - its really just a dry stout, similar to Guinness. They might throw a few handfuls of oysters into the brew kettle, and some breweries just use the name but don't actually use any oysters at all. At most, you might notice a slightly salty or "briney" background flavor in some oyster stouts.
Thank you for calming my fears. I was just :X thinking about what this will taste like. Nothing oystery about it. Loving these 12-packs from the craft brewerys. I nver would have bought somthing called oyster stout. It almost made me not buy it but I've loved everything I've had from Flying Dog so far.

Im pretty sure Cheeky Monkey is tapping one tomorrow. I do love the finish on this brew. I don't care what anyone says, at 10-11% abv it doesn't get any smoother.

Pliney the Younger - Falling Rock Tap House Denver Blizzard conditions - round two
Nice! I've been watching for Pliny the Younger to come in at Falling Rock and Freshcraft.
I wouldn't say it's "in" it's only here for a couple hours. $8 for about 1/3 pint. They give you a ticket when you come in the door. When the line does they call for round two. There's a blizzard - might be a round 3. I'm halfway through number 2 and I can feel it coming on. Finish is phenomenal. For a brew with such a high ABV it hides it better than anything else I've had. The finish is just amazing. I like good beer and I'm a skeptic generally. This beer is legendary.

Pliney the Younger - Falling Rock Tap House Denver

Blizzard conditions - round two
Nice! I've been watching for Pliny the Younger to come in at Falling Rock and Freshcraft.
I wouldn't say it's "in" it's only here for a couple hours. $8 for about 1/3 pint. They give you a ticket when you come in the door. When the line does they call for round two. There's a blizzard - might be a round 3. I'm halfway through number 2 and I can feel it coming on. Finish is phenomenal. For a brew with such a high ABV it hides it better than anything else I've had. The finish is just amazing. I like good beer and I'm a skeptic generally. This beer is legendary.
JFC.

Pliney the Younger - Falling Rock Tap House Denver Blizzard conditions - round two
Wow. I knew it went fast, but didn't realize it would go that fast. I heard that Freshcraft was getting the Younger in this week (had the Elder there last week), and it looks like they are tapping it at 6:00 p.m. this Thursday. I will definitely have to go check it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Steve Tasker said:
'Sebowski said:
'Fantasy_Freak said:
Question for the group, I noticed my beer store has Sam Afams Utopias, for those who have purchased how much did a bottle cost you?
Never bought one, but I've seen it from $180-$250
Whatever it's going for, it's way too much.
Agreed, I could not validate spending that type of money, although I did get a bottle of Bourbon County Rare from the brewery for $50.Right now drinking a Ghandi Bot, tastes fantastic.

Going with a Widmer Brothers Falconer IPA. Meh. The more I live on this planet the surer I am that Widmer Bros make one very good beer, which is their flagship Hefeweizen. Everything else is just...okay. Their Drop Top Amber is borderline disgusting.

As has become the usual, I drank a homebrew last night. IPA with Bravo, Warrior and Amarillo. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not a Guinness lover, but I have a question. On a recent Bar Rescue episode, three employees of this bar and grill were sent to the Guinness plant in Ireland to become Certified Guinness Pourers. They put their plaques on the wall of the bar and were all proud.

How hard is it to pour a freakin beer? :unsure:

Bud Light:kicksrock:But the more I drink, the better it gets.
I'm not a light guy. But this thread needs more posts like this :thumbup:
yes...really curious to see how bud and bud light are tasting these days. Have you had the barrel-aged bud light premium yet?? I heard it's fantastic.
I don't know where you think you are, but this is the
What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?
thread.

I'm not a Guinness lover, but I have a question. On a recent Bar Rescue episode, three employees of this bar and grill were sent to the Guinness plant in Ireland to become Certified Guinness Pourers. They put their plaques on the wall of the bar and were all proud.

Apparently you're supposed to pour 3/4 a glass or something, let it sit for a minute, then pour the rest and put a big head on it or something; anyway, their process isn't a simple pull the tap, it's slightly more complicated. I'm not sure if it's the pour or that the Guinness in Ireland is different than the Guinness in North America, but it definitely tastes better in Ireland than it does here.

yes...really curious to see how bud and bud light are tasting these days. Have you had the barrel-aged bud light premium yet?? I heard it's fantastic.
thread.
So you're advocating for people to drink more ####ty beer?

thread.
RN didn't indicate he thought BL was ####ty.

I think I had Guinness once in my life and it was fairly repulsive. But there is a chance that the "pour" was incorrect, the glass wasn't clean, etc. I'm not opposed to trying it again in a fine hotel bar or someplace non-gross.

Apparently you're supposed to pour 3/4 a glass or something, let it sit for a minute, then pour the rest and put a big head on it or something; anyway, their process isn't a simple pull the tap, it's slightly more complicated. I'm not sure if it's the pour or that the Guinness in Ireland is different than the Guinness in North America, but it definitely tastes better in Ireland than it does here.
I just attributed the taste to the freshness of it. Surely Guinness from the tap at the brewery is far fresher than a pint at my local bar. Guinness brewery is a ####### cool place, though.

thread.
I drink whatever my buddies leave in the fridge. Free beer is my favorite beer. :shrug:

I think I had Guinness once in my life and it was fairly repulsive. But there is a chance that the "pour" was incorrect, the glass wasn't clean, etc. I'm not opposed to trying it again in a fine hotel bar or someplace non-gross.
I doubt the pour had a noticeable effect on the taste of the beer. I like Guinness and have no problem drinking it even though I'm probably considered a beer snob by most standards, but it's not for everyone...not everyone likes stouts. It's a decent introduction to the style though, IMO.

thread.
Oh, so you just wanted RN to drink more BL.

thread.
You clearly have a hard time comprehending what you read. Are you drunk right now?

thread.
You clearly have a hard time comprehending what you read. Are you drunk right now?
I don't think that's it. Perhaps you forgot when you posted that you wanted more posts about people drinking beers like BL?

thread.
I don't think that's it. Perhaps you forgot when you posted that you wanted more posts about people drinking beers like BL?
What does that have to do with your ramblings about me wanting RN to drink more BL?

Users who are viewing this thread