What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

Bud Light:kicksrock:But the more I drink, the better it gets.
I'm not a light guy. But this thread needs more posts like this :thumbup:
yes...really curious to see how bud and bud light are tasting these days. Have you had the barrel-aged bud light premium yet?? I heard it's fantastic.
I don't know where you think you are, but this is theWhat kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight?thread.
So you're advocating for people to drink more ####ty beer?
RN didn't indicate he thought BL was ####ty.
Oh, so you just wanted RN to drink more BL.
You clearly have a hard time comprehending what you read. Are you drunk right now?
I don't think that's it. Perhaps you forgot when you posted that you wanted more posts about people drinking beers like BL?
What does that have to do with your ramblings about me wanting RN to drink more BL?
It's all there in the quotes above, but whatever.

I went to Ireland a couple of years ago and was looking forward to some really fresh Guinness. It was definitely better there, Murphy's was pretty good too, but I loved Beamish Stout.

Got my shipment from my California distributor last weekRussian River Pliny the Elder last night, which ties Green Flash West coast IPA for my favorite beer periodTonight it's Hangar 24 Double IPA, which is fantastic in its own rightI just can't get enough IPA right now :banned:

Question for the group, I noticed my beer store has Sam Afams Utopias, for those who have purchased how much did a bottle cost you?
Never bought one, but I've seen it from $180-$250
Whatever it's going for, it's way too much.
yeah, this. But, some years ago I found one that was going for $80. It was "way too much" then but if I had it now...
Government liquor stores in Ontario, Canada will be selling Sam Adams Utopias for $115 a bottle. They go on sale Friday morning and are only sold over the telephone. My link For those interested living in the area.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pliney the Younger - Falling Rock Tap House Denver Blizzard conditions - round two
Nice! I've been watching for Pliny the Younger to come in at Falling Rock and Freshcraft.
I wouldn't say it's "in" it's only here for a couple hours. $8 for about 1/3 pint. They give you a ticket when you come in the door. When the line does they call for round two. There's a blizzard - might be a round 3. I'm halfway through number 2 and I can feel it coming on. Finish is phenomenal. For a brew with such a high ABV it hides it better than anything else I've had. The finish is just amazing. I like good beer and I'm a skeptic generally. This beer is legendary.
Had Pliny the Younger on tap tonight at Freshcraft. You were right. Definitely legendary beer. Strong piney resinous, grapefruit, and tropical fruits with an incredibly clean sharp finish. Amazingly well hidden alcohol for the ABV. I can see why it has such a cult following. I'm planning on about heading to Falling Rock this weekend for their second round of tapping. Also had Russian River's Consecration sour/wild ale, which was great.

I think I had Guinness once in my life and it was fairly repulsive. But there is a chance that the "pour" was incorrect, the glass wasn't clean, etc. I'm not opposed to trying it again in a fine hotel bar or someplace non-gross.
There is certainly a difference with the pour or style of taps, but it only turns Guinness into a mediocre beer at best.

What are the good New Glarus brews? I'll be in Wisconsin tomorrow and plan to pick up some to bring back home. I generally like IPAs or Belgian style.

What are the good New Glarus brews? I'll be in Wisconsin tomorrow and plan to pick up some to bring back home. I generally like IPAs or Belgian style.
Wisconsin Belgian Red, it is a fruit beer that is sweet, tart. That is the only New Glarus beer I have had and it was excellent. Even though, that is not a style of beer I normally drink, I really enjoyed it.

Wisconsin Belgian Red, it is a fruit beer that is sweet, tart. That is the only New Glarus beer I have had and it was excellent. Even though, that is not a style of beer I normally drink, I really enjoyed it.
thx. I'll give that a try!

Where in Wisconsin will you be?

The Wisconsin Belgian Red is not available for a while, due to the drought this summer the Cherry crop was so depleted that New Glarus could not produce Belgian Red until next summer. You can not go wrong with anything you get from New Glarus. To replace Belgian Red they produced Serendipity, which is a fantastic Apple beer. Currently they also are offering a Coffee Stout, one of my favorites they offer in the winter. You could get a mixed 12 pack which more than likely will include Spotted Cow, Fat Squierrel, Two Women and maybe the Coffee Stout or some other offering. They also offer a series called Thumbprint, which is a "rare" release over a two month period currnetly their offering is Winter Warmer, but also available is Apple Ale (get this if you can) as well as Saison. If you hit the proper place maybe making your own 6 pack to see what meets your likes. Personally I would grab either Serendipity or Raspberry Tart, then get Coffee Stout as well as Apple Ale if you can find it, Black Top, and finally Moon Man (American PAle Ale).Also if I can recommend, since yo ulike IPA look for Lupilin Maximus from O'so, each bottle has a hop cone in the bottle.Enjoy your trip to Wisconsin.

The Wisconsin Belgian Red is not available for a while, due to the drought this summer the Cherry crop was so depleted that New Glarus could not produce Belgian Red until next summer. You can not go wrong with anything you get from New Glarus. To replace Belgian Red they produced Serendipity, which is a fantastic Apple beer. Currently they also are offering a Coffee Stout, one of my favorites they offer in the winter. You could get a mixed 12 pack which more than likely will include Spotted Cow, Fat Squierrel, Two Women and maybe the Coffee Stout or some other offering. They also offer a series called Thumbprint, which is a "rare" release over a two month period currnetly their offering is Winter Warmer, but also available is Apple Ale (get this if you can) as well as Saison. If you hit the proper place maybe making your own 6 pack to see what meets your likes. Personally I would grab either Serendipity or Raspberry Tart, then get Coffee Stout as well as Apple Ale if you can find it, Black Top, and finally Moon Man (American PAle Ale).Also if I can recommend, since yo ulike IPA look for Lupilin Maximus from O'so, each bottle has a hop cone in the bottle.Enjoy your trip to Wisconsin.
Nice suggestion for Lupulin Maximus. Depending where in WI you will be, you might be able to pick up some Ale Asylum Ambergeddon. Not a IPA, but rock solid. Their IPA is pretty good too. If you have a chance at Central Waters Bourbon Barrel Barleywine, don't pass it up. It's fantastic. WI has tons of great beers.

WOW. Thanks. This is great. I'll be in Glendale WI just north of Milwaukee to check out my brothers new restaurant. I think they'll have spotted cow there. It looks like there's a few liquor stores in the vicinity and i should have time to find some of these. I'll let you know how this works out. :banned:

WOW. Thanks. This is great. I'll be in Glendale WI just north of Milwaukee to check out my brothers new restaurant. I think they'll have spotted cow there. It looks like there's a few liquor stores in the vicinity and i should have time to find some of these. I'll let you know how this works out. :banned:
Sprecher Brewery is in Glendale - its one of Wisconsin's oldest and most established craft breweries. Its worth stopping by the brewery to do a tour or buy some carry out. Their wheelhouse is the german lagers. Their best and probably most popular beer is the Black Bavarian, which is one of the few real Schwartzbiers still made in the US and is very good. Bock, Dopplebock and Octoberfest are all very good. I would not bother with any of their ales. Some are decent but they are nothing special. As for New Glarus, I think their flagship beer - spotted Cow - is actually the one beer of theirs I really don't care for. Just about anything from the thumbprint series will be good. The Serendipity is still in stores and is very good if you like fruit beer (I don't), but very pricey imo. Of their regular offerings, I think the Fat Squirrel (brown ale), Black Top (BIAP) and Dancing Man (wheat) are all very good.If you're looking for good beer in Milwaukee, the best bars are south of the city in Bay View - Sugar Maple, Burnhearts have great beer selections and there are several other good ones. If you like Belgians, the Hollander is very good (4 locations). For bottle shops, you can't beat Discount Liquor on 50th / Oklahoma for price and selection.Depending on where you're from, the Wisconsin beers you can find here that may be difficult to get elsewhere will be the New Glarus, Central Waters, Sprecher, Lakefront (try the Fixed Gear), Tyranena (anything from the "Brewers Gone Wild" series), O'so, Dave's Brew Farm, Ale Asylum are some of the best.

Pliny the Younger last night followed by the elder and then 90 minute IPA.Just finished Russian River Supplication. This was incredible. I'm still trying to decipher what the hell it was, but I loved it.

'CletiusMaximus said:
Sprecher Brewery is in Glendale - its one of Wisconsin's oldest and most established craft breweries. Its worth stopping by the brewery to do a tour or buy some carry out. Their wheelhouse is the german lagers. Their best and probably most popular beer is the Black Bavarian, which is one of the few real Schwartzbiers still made in the US and is very good. Bock, Dopplebock and Octoberfest are all very good. I would not bother with any of their ales. Some are decent but they are nothing special. As for New Glarus, I think their flagship beer - spotted Cow - is actually the one beer of theirs I really don't care for. Just about anything from the thumbprint series will be good. The Serendipity is still in stores and is very good if you like fruit beer (I don't), but very pricey imo. Of their regular offerings, I think the Fat Squirrel (brown ale), Black Top (BIAP) and Dancing Man (wheat) are all very good.If you're looking for good beer in Milwaukee, the best bars are south of the city in Bay View - Sugar Maple, Burnhearts have great beer selections and there are several other good ones. If you like Belgians, the Hollander is very good (4 locations). For bottle shops, you can't beat Discount Liquor on 50th / Oklahoma for price and selection.Depending on where you're from, the Wisconsin beers you can find here that may be difficult to get elsewhere will be the New Glarus, Central Waters, Sprecher, Lakefront (try the Fixed Gear), Tyranena (anything from the "Brewers Gone Wild" series), O'so, Dave's Brew Farm, Ale Asylum are some of the best.
Wow, as a fellow Wisconsinite, I'll second all of this. Good stuff.

Homebrew Pale Ale2007 Rochefort 82007 Boon Mariage Parfait Gueze2008 Two Brothers Bare TreeSierra Nevada Narwhal

Users who are viewing this thread