What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (4 Viewers)

I was out in Ireland on vacation last week. Posting to confirm that the Guinness really is better over there. Drinking a Guinness at the Gravity Bar at the top of the Guinness Storehouse is pretty cool to experience.

I was surprised to find that Murphy's is not really popular over there. Most of the pubs that I went to didn't carry it; for Irish beers, they just carried Guinness, Smithwick's and Bulmer's.
My understanding is Murphy's popularity is kind of localized. Particularly in the south round the county Cork.
Yeah, that seems right from what I observed. I drove past the Murphy's/Heineken brewery in Cork, and saw some Murphy's signs around there. But that was it.

Starting my weekend with a Wicked Weed Oblivion, a pretty good sour red ale aged in red wine barrels with blackberries and dates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Making my first home brew tonight, a Citra IPA. Just cracked a Lawsons Sip of Sunshine to commemorate the event. Awesome beer.

Making my first home brew tonight, a Citra IPA. Just cracked a Lawsons Sip of Sunshine to commemorate the event. Awesome beer.
Don't pitch too hot and don't ferment too hot.
Pitching at 66-67* and fermenting at 65* in my temp controlled ferm chamber. :hifive:
Nice. Most common mistakes in homebrew I see. I'd even pitch a touch lower, but that should work.
I figure the middle ground of the US-05 range would be best, I can go lower if need be. You thinkin 63-64*? Cuz its doable.

This Sip of Sunshine is legit. Damn good Citra beer. Almost as good as Cycle's Crank. Almost. But damn good, and 2% stronger. Big fan.

Pitching at 66-67* and fermenting at 65* in my temp controlled ferm chamber. :hifive:
Nice. Most common mistakes in homebrew I see. I'd even pitch a touch lower, but that should work.
I figure the middle ground of the US-05 range would be best, I can go lower if need be. You thinkin 63-64*? Cuz its doable.
When you pitch the temp can shot up a couple digits (at least I think I remember that. Been a while since I brewed), so just under your fermentation is what I'd go for.

When you pitch the temp can shot up a couple digits (at least I think I remember that. Been a while since I brewed), so just under your fermentation is what I'd go for.
:thumbup: Thanks!

Good to see this thread is still alive. So far today...

2006 Anderson Valley Brother David's Tripel

New Glarus Thumbprint Cran-bic

Central Waters Belgian Blonde x2

Also shared Stone 18, Jack's Abby Hopstitution, O'so Restless Soul and Stone Rye ******* at work today.

Also shared Stone 18, Jack's Abby Hopstitution, O'so Restless Soul and Stone Rye ******* at work today.
Welcome back GB.

Welcome back GB.
This is just one of my very irregular check ins. I have to come back to the roots once in a while.

Welcome back GB.
This is just one of my very irregular check ins. I have to come back to the roots once in a while.
Oh I know...good to see you make an appearance though. This is where it all started! Lol

Off to the Surly taproom in an hour. I'll have some Cultivate and Damien there, then we'll see what they have on tap at the Replacements concert.

Nothing yet. Possibly a Jai Alai and a white oak Jai Alai later today. Courtesy of Wingnut.
Dang, I forgot you'd get it today...everything make it intact?
Yep - thanks again and thanks for the white oak Jai Alai's. Much appreciated.
:banned: No problem. I happened to be at the brewery when they rolled it out into the cooler. Had no idea it was even being released so I bought half a case - some for me and some to throw into trades.

I'm enjoying a Crank IPA at the moment. Love this beer. I've got a Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue bomber in the fridge, debating whether to drink it tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wingnut said:
ditka311 said:
Wingnut said:
ditka311 said:
Nothing yet. Possibly a Jai Alai and a white oak Jai Alai later today. Courtesy of Wingnut.
Dang, I forgot you'd get it today...everything make it intact?
Yep - thanks again and thanks for the white oak Jai Alai's. Much appreciated.
:banned: No problem. I happened to be at the brewery when they rolled it out into the cooler. Had no idea it was even being released so I bought half a case - some for me and some to throw into trades.

I'm enjoying a Crank IPA at the moment. Love this beer. I've got a Toppling Goliath Pseudo Sue bomber in the fridge, debating whether to drink it tonight or tomorrow.
Decided to save them for football tomorrow.

When you said 32oz can for Crank I thought that was a typo. I was pleasantly surprised when it was actually a 32 oz can when I opened the box.

Gonna have a Johnson IIPA from Lakefront and call it a night.

2013 BCS and Clown Shoes Vampire Slayer.

The 2012 BCCS had little coffee and was more like a chocolate stout. I'm not sure if the coffee was lost in age, but early reviews do suggest it wasn't very coffee forward compared to other versions. It was outstanding though.

I stumbled upon Cantillon Rosè de Gambrinus raspberry lambic on tap at Falling Rock today. That was a nice surprise treat.

I also had a Russian River Consecration and Comrade Superpower IPA.

The 3rd round of Beer It Forward is here. Do you want 3 free beers? Are you willing to pass 3 beers on? Long Ball Larry is ready to donate beers to the next winner.

You get one guess per 24 hours. I was born in 1982, who is my favorite Detroit Tiger of all time?

Users who are viewing this thread