What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2016 Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Alabama junior RB Derrick Henry ran a 4.50 forty at 6'3/242 lbs during the school's spring testing, according to Matt Zenitz.
"Henry also did 440 pounds on the bench press, squatted 500 pounds, recorded a 35-inch vertical jump and had one of the best power cleans on the team (345 pounds)," Zenitz writes. Henry is finally draft eligible, and he and Ezekiel Elliott could compete for the top running back in the 2016 draft. Expect Henry to take on a large role during the 2015 season.

Source: AL.com
Apr 4 - 8:25 AM

Watched Amari Cooper's combine presser and he was asked who was the best CB he faced. He answered Vernon Hargreaves.

Vernon Hargreaves III, arguably the best cornerback in college football, will be the first of his position to come off the board in the 2016 NFL draft.

Hargreaves has dominated his opponents from the moment he first stepped onto the field for Florida as a true freshman in 2013. The AP second-team All-American in 2014 has been a first-team All-SEC selection in each of his two seasons as well.

Hargreaves' standing as a rising junior is the only reason he's not in the NFL already. After this season, though, the son of current Arkansas linebackers coach Vernon Hargreaves Jr. will get his opportunity to be drafted in the top 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched Amari Cooper's combine presser and he was asked who was the best CB he faced. He answered Vernon Hargreaves.

Vernon Hargreaves III, arguably the best cornerback in college football, will be the first of his position to come off the board in the 2016 NFL draft.

Hargreaves has dominated his opponents from the moment he first stepped onto the field for Florida as a true freshman in 2013. The AP second-team All-American in 2014 has been a first-team All-SEC selection in each of his two seasons as well.

Hargreaves' standing as a rising junior is the only reason he's not in the NFL already. After this season, though, the son of current Arkansas linebackers coach Vernon Hargreaves Jr. will get his opportunity to be drafted in the top 10.
Hargreaves is a stud. If you pained yourself to watch any UF football the past few years he'd jump off the screen.His matchup with Cooper was must watch football for me last year. Too bad he wasn't 100% for it.

Tyreek Hill has ended up in Akron.

May need to add Bg/Akron to my calendar this fall.

Rotoworld:

Oregon senior TE Pharaoh Brown vows to play football again despite suffering a major leg injury last November.
Brown "underwent three major surgeries to stabilize the leg after a "stretched" artery cut blood flow off below his knee and nearly led to an amputation," Andrew Greif. Brown has been walking under his own power since February. The tight end even revealed he was planning to leave for the NFL following last season, but the injury derailed that. He is a great talent went on the field.

Source: Oregon Live
Apr 18 - 12:03 PM

Rotoworld:

Arkansas junior TE Hunter Henry "is definitely on the short list of tight ends to watch next year," wrote CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.
The former top recruit posted 37 catches, 513 yards and two touchdowns in 2014. "The Little Rock product is a well-rounded tight end, showing the athleticism needed to be a mismatch in coverage, but also the toughness and point of attack strength to block inline," Brugler wrote. "Henry is extremely competitive at the catch point and shows a lot of the traits NFL scouts seek at the position for the next level." The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder runs a 4.79 40-yard dash.

Source: CBS Sports
Apr 16 - 3:13 PM

Rotoworld:

Arkansas junior RB Alex Collins "needs to become more versatile on offense, but the natural talent is promising," notes CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.
Collins hasn't been a factor in the passing game and had only three catches last year. "He reminds some scouts of Isaiah Crowell when he was at Georgia with the explosive lower body to slash through defenses, running low to the ground with balance to pick up yards after contact," Brugler wrote. Collins has back-to-back 1,000-yard rushing seasons, becoming the first Razorback to do that since Darren McFadden. A third 1k season is in the offing if he stays healthy.

Apr 16 - 2:40 PM

Rotoworld:

Arkansas senior RB Jonathan Williams "enters the 2015 season as one of the top senior running backs on the NFL radar," wrote CBS Sports' Dane Brugler.
"He runs light for his build with the body strength to run through arm tackles, lowering his pads and driving his legs to pick up tough yards between the tackles," Brugler wrote. "Williams had a bad habit of running upright, but he has shifty feet and clean lateral burst to juke and quickly regain his momentum." The 6-foot, 223-pound Williams rushed for 1,085 yards and 11 touchdowns last season on 188 carries and averaged 91.5 yards per game and 5.6 yards per rush.

Apr 16 - 1:55 PM

Scouting the SEC: Auburn's top prospects in 2015 NFL DraftExcerpt:

An early look at Auburn's top NFL prospects for the future:

Duke Williams, WR, Senior (6-2, 216, 4.54)

A JUCO transfer, Williams arrived at Auburn in 2014 and led the Tigers in catches (45) and receiving scores (5) despite missing three games due to injury. Like Sammie Coates, he is raw in several areas, but the natural tools are encouraging. Lining up inside and outside in Auburn's offense, Williams runs with long strides and strong cuts at the top of his routes, using his good-sized frame to shield defenders from the ball. He has quick hands to pluck, but NFL scouts want to see him cut down on the drops as a senior in 2015.

Jeremy Johnson, QB, Junior (6-5, 230, 4.86)

With Nick Marshall off to the NFL, Johnson takes over as the starting quarterback for the Tigers, which might actually be an upgrade for the Auburn offense. He is a very “toolsy” prospect with the size, athleticism, and arm talent that is easy to spot. Johnson saw some action last season when Marshall was out and he completed 75.7-percent of his passes (28-for-37) and recorded four touchdowns (three passing, one rushing). He is still unproven in many aspects of the quarterback position and Gus Malzahn's offense isn't known for grooming NFL passers, but Johnson might be closer to Cam Newton as a pro prospect than Marshall.

Marquez North as a top 15 pick? That's wishful thinking IMO. I don't see Duke Williams as top 5 material either. Not based on last season at least. I don't see Tyler Boyd as a top 20 pick unless he runs and tests far better than expected.

I like Elliott, Henry, and Treadwell. That's a good starting point for this class.

Marquez North as a top 15 pick? That's wishful thinking IMO. I don't see Duke Williams as top 5 material either. Not based on last season at least. I don't see Tyler Boyd as a top 20 pick unless he runs and tests far better than expected.

I like Elliott, Henry, and Treadwell. That's a good starting point for this class.
Do you think, as of now, it is looking like the kind of draft where a top 3 pick is where you want to be or can it go a little deeper with top talent?

Do you think, as of now, it is looking like the kind of draft where a top 3 pick is where you want to be or can it go a little deeper with top talent?
IMO the depth in any given draft usually ends up being better than anticipated because there are always guys who end up being 1st round picks who weren't expected to be going into their final college season. This year we have White, Dorsett, and Perriman as good examples (and Agholor to a lesser extent). Nobody had them as 1st rounders a year ago. Yet here we are.

My guess is that you'll see the same thing next year. A couple guys who are regarded as mid-round talents or off the radar entirely will step up and earn high draft slots. So I think you'll see decent value in the 1.04-1.06 slots like usual.

A QB with a chance to break out this year is Gunner Kiel. He's a former 5 star recruit who committed to LSU, backed out, redshirted at Notre Dame, transferred to Cincinnati and had to wait a year to play.

In his first year starting last year he completed just under 60% of his passes, 8.3 YPA, 31 TD, 13 INT.

If he improves this year he could be a surprise 1st round pick like Bortles was (both played in the American conference). Despite all the moving around he's still 21.

Way too early rankings:

QB

1. JT Barrett
  2. Jeremy Johnson
  3. Cardale Jones
  4. Cody Kessler
  5. Jared Goff
  6. Gunner Kiel
  7. Trevone Boykin
  8. Connor Cook
  9. Christian Hackenberg
  10. Carson Wentz
  11. Trevone Boykin
  12. Dak Prescott

JT Barrett is better than Cardale Jones, but he won't be in this draft. He has a quicker release, is a better runner, better short area quicks, better footwork in the pocket. Same arm talent.

RB

1. Derrick Henry
  2. Ezekiel Elliott
  3. Alex Collins
  4. Justin Davis
  5. Devon Johnson
  6. James Conner
  7. Jonathan Williams
  8. Corey Clement
  9. Paul Perkins
  10. Elijah McGuire
  11. Matt Breida
  12. Tyreek Hill
  13. Kareem Hunt
  14. Thomas Tyner
  15. Dwayne Washington
  16. Jovon Robinson
  17. Korliss Marshall
  18. David Williams
  19. Ashton Shumpert
  20. Daniel Lasco
  21. Tyshon Dye
  22. DJ Foster
  23. Shock Linwood
  24. Kenyan Drake
  25. Byron Marshall
  26. Devontae Booker
  27. Peyton Barber
  28. Akeel Lynch
  29. Keith Marshall
  30. Barry Sanders Jr
  31. Paul James
  32. Mario Pender
  33. Damien Haskins
  34. Wayne Gallman
  35. Myles Willis

-Henry and Elliott are my 1A/1B. But I prefer Henry.

-Devon Johnson is the most underrated RB in the country. He's just as good as James Conner as far as big power backs go.

-Paul Perkins is better than Duke Johnson.

WR

1. Laquon Treadwell
  2. De’Runnya Wilson
  3. Jordan Villamin
  4. Michael Thomas
  5. Tyler Boyd
  6. Mike Williams
  7. Isaac Whitney
  8. D’haquille Williams
  9. Leonte Carroo
  10. Deon-Tay McManus
  11. Pharoh Cooper
  12. Corey Coleman
  13. Travin Dural
  14. Ricky Seals-Jones
  15. Hasaan Henderson
  16. Marquez North
  17. Jordan Williams
  18. Tajae Sharp
  19. Corey Davis
  20. Kenny Lawler
  21. Rashard Higgins
  22. Corey Robinson
  23. Mekale McKay
  24. Ja’Quay Savage
  25. Jamari Staples
  26. Cayleb Jones
  27. Hunter Sharp
  28. Amara Darboh
  29. Will Fuller
  30. Josh Doctson
  31. Sterling Shepard

-Jordan Villamin is a better prospect than Jaelen Strong. He's huge at 6-4 230. Looked more explosive than Strong. Will only be a Redshirt Sophomore, so not likely to declare. But with a huge year, who knows.

-Michael Thomas moves really well for 6-3 212. Great feet, coordination, and body control.

-Isaac Whitney will lead USC in receiving this year. I have absolutely no idea how he's not being hyped up. He's a better JUCO guy than D'haquille Williams was and has much more impressive movement skills than Jaelen Strong and Kevin White.

-Leonte Carroo is what we wanted Ty Montgomery to be. Very explosive player, but very natural at WR.

-Deon-Tay McManus is he closest thing to Anquan Boldin we've ever seen. He's 6-2 227, and benches 385, squats 505. Put up 24 reps of 225lbs.

-Pharoh Cooper is a lot like Golden Tate and Randall Cobb. Explosive weapon but is natural at WR as well.

TE

1. Bucky Hodges
  2. OJ Howard
  3. Evan Engram
  4. Pharaoh Brown
  5. Hunter Henry
  6. Jonnu Smith
  7. Steven Scheu
  8. Austin Hooper
  9. Cam Serigne

-Hodges has top 15 type talent.

-Engram and Smith could be slot WRs in the NFL.

IMO the depth in any given draft usually ends up being better than anticipated because there are always guys who end up being 1st round picks who weren't expected to be going into their final college season. This year we have White, Dorsett, and Perriman as good examples (and Agholor to a lesser extent). Nobody had them as 1st rounders a year ago. Yet here we are.

My guess is that you'll see the same thing next year. A couple guys who are regarded as mid-round talents or off the radar entirely will step up and earn high draft slots. So I think you'll see decent value in the 1.04-1.06 slots like usual.
Yeah, I can follow ya there.

Way too early rankings:

QB

1. JT Barrett
  2. Jeremy Johnson
  3. Cardale Jones
  4. Cody Kessler
  5. Jared Goff
  6. Gunner Kiel
  7. Trevone Boykin
  8. Connor Cook
  9. Christian Hackenberg
  10. Carson Wentz
  11. Trevone Boykin
  12. Dak Prescott

JT Barrett is better than Cardale Jones, but he won't be in this draft. He has a quicker release, is a better runner, better short area quicks, better footwork in the pocket. Same arm talent.

RB

1. Derrick Henry
  2. Ezekiel Elliott
  3. Alex Collins
  4. Justin Davis
  5. Devon Johnson
  6. James Conner
  7. Jonathan Williams
  8. Corey Clement
  9. Paul Perkins
  10. Elijah McGuire
  11. Matt Breida
  12. Tyreek Hill
  13. Kareem Hunt
  14. Thomas Tyner
  15. Dwayne Washington
  16. Jovon Robinson
  17. Korliss Marshall
  18. David Williams
  19. Ashton Shumpert
  20. Daniel Lasco
  21. Tyshon Dye
  22. DJ Foster
  23. Shock Linwood
  24. Kenyan Drake
  25. Byron Marshall
  26. Devontae Booker
  27. Peyton Barber
  28. Akeel Lynch
  29. Keith Marshall
  30. Barry Sanders Jr
  31. Paul James
  32. Mario Pender
  33. Damien Haskins
  34. Wayne Gallman
  35. Myles Willis

-Henry and Elliott are my 1A/1B. But I prefer Henry.

-Devon Johnson is the most underrated RB in the country. He's just as good as James Conner as far as big power backs go.

-Paul Perkins is better than Duke Johnson.

WR

1. Laquon Treadwell
  2. De’Runnya Wilson
  3. Jordan Villamin
  4. Michael Thomas
  5. Tyler Boyd
  6. Mike Williams
  7. Isaac Whitney
  8. D’haquille Williams
  9. Leonte Carroo
  10. Deon-Tay McManus
  11. Pharoh Cooper
  12. Corey Coleman
  13. Travin Dural
  14. Ricky Seals-Jones
  15. Hasaan Henderson
  16. Marquez North
  17. Jordan Williams
  18. Tajae Sharp
  19. Corey Davis
  20. Kenny Lawler
  21. Rashard Higgins
  22. Corey Robinson
  23. Mekale McKay
  24. Ja’Quay Savage
  25. Jamari Staples
  26. Cayleb Jones
  27. Hunter Sharp
  28. Amara Darboh
  29. Will Fuller
  30. Josh Doctson
  31. Sterling Shepard

-Jordan Villamin is a better prospect than Jaelen Strong. He's huge at 6-4 230. Looked more explosive than Strong. Will only be a Redshirt Sophomore, so not likely to declare. But with a huge year, who knows.

-Michael Thomas moves really well for 6-3 212. Great feet, coordination, and body control.

-Isaac Whitney will lead USC in receiving this year. I have absolutely no idea how he's not being hyped up. He's a better JUCO guy than D'haquille Williams was and has much more impressive movement skills than Jaelen Strong and Kevin White.

-Leonte Carroo is what we wanted Ty Montgomery to be. Very explosive player, but very natural at WR.

-Deon-Tay McManus is he closest thing to Anquan Boldin we've ever seen. He's 6-2 227, and benches 385, squats 505. Put up 24 reps of 225lbs.

-Pharoh Cooper is a lot like Golden Tate and Randall Cobb. Explosive weapon but is natural at WR as well.

TE

1. Bucky Hodges
  2. OJ Howard
  3. Evan Engram
  4. Pharaoh Brown
  5. Hunter Henry
  6. Jonnu Smith
  7. Steven Scheu
  8. Austin Hooper
  9. Cam Serigne

-Hodges has top 15 type talent.

-Engram and Smith could be slot WRs in the NFL.
Well this is one heck of a starting point for me heading into the next season. Thanks for the list.

Corey Davis seems a little low at 19 to me
He's good., just not as high on him like the rest of the community. Production is great. At 6-2 205, he'll need to have a really good Combine. I like Jordan Williams more, 6-2 224, quick in his routes, physical, and may test the same. Only turns 21 this month. That's young for a True Senior.

QB

1. JT Barrett
  2. Jeremy Johnson
  3. Cardale Jones
  4. Cody Kessler
  5. Jared Goff
  6. Gunner Kiel
  7. Trevone Boykin
  8. Connor Cook
  9. Christian Hackenberg
  10. Carson Wentz
  11. Trevone Boykin
  12. Dak Prescott

Are you assuming Cardale Jones wins the starting job?

I expect Barrett to get a 1st round grade and declare. There's no advantage to stay in school these days. Chip will be all over him.

QB

1. JT Barrett
  2. Jeremy Johnson
  3. Cardale Jones
  4. Cody Kessler
  5. Jared Goff
  6. Gunner Kiel
  7. Trevone Boykin
  8. Connor Cook
  9. Christian Hackenberg
  10. Carson Wentz
  11. Trevone Boykin
  12. Dak Prescott

Are you assuming Cardale Jones wins the starting job?

I expect Barrett to get a 1st round grade and declare. There's no advantage to stay in school these days. Chip will be all over him.
Cardale didn't come back to be on the bench. Barrett should start, but he probably won't.

I just measured Isaac Whitney's 40 at 4.43. But his splits are insane: 10: 1.53, 20: 2.53. Those are the exact splits I had for Kevin White and JJ Nelson. His form at the top end did get sloppy, so his splits suggest he'll run a mid to high 4.3x easily. He also had a Vertical of 43.5" a year ago. Here are his HUDL highlights. He's looks a lot more like Julio Jones than Kevin White does.

Users who are viewing this thread