What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Are you a morning person? (1 Viewer)

Do kids influcence why you get up earlier?

• Yes

Votes: 60 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 135 69.2%

• Total voters
I don't like waking up, but once I'm awake I am revved up and ready to go. The wife on the other hand... We've worked it out over the years so I get up first and get out of her way. Otherwise I will annoy the hell out of her trying to talk to her. I guess opposites do attract...

I get up, and get in the shower. Get dressed, eat breakfast (or make it for consumption on my commute) and leave.

That all happens in 30-45 min.

I used to be a "snooze" person but I got married and that got eliminated.. probably for the better.

I get up, and get in the shower. Get dressed, eat breakfast (or make it for consumption on my commute) and leave.

I used to be a "snooze" person but I got married and that got eliminated.. probably for the better.
:goodposting: Alarm goes off at 5:15am and I am on the road by 5:50am..

Even on the weekends I'm usually up before 6am..Internal clock and all. :yawn:

As for being a "Morning Person".. At home I am.. Ticks off my wife and daughter to no end :lol:

but once I get to work I find myself doing the <_< look to those that come in all happy with their smart ### morning comments..

Last edited by a moderator:
i am 100% not a morning person.

my alarm goes off at least 3 snoozes before i get up. i run to the shower, get dressed and am out the door in like 20 minutes from rising to in the car. i have kids but besides saying goodbye to them, i barely see them in the morning. my daughter is the same as me. hates getting up. wife handles the morning time, i handle most of the nighttime (she works later hours).

i can stay up late nearly all nights. my ideal timing would be working 10-6, imo.

I don't care for working early shifts. But when I do work one I get up about 30 minutes before I need to get in the shower so I can putter around and knock out a couple of morning chores before I leave. Litter box and that kind of stuff.

alarm - 6:30a

snooze - 6:39a

snooze - 6:48a

snooze - 6:57a

snooze - 7:06a

finally get out of bed - 7:15a

piss, shower, shave, brush teeth, dress, say good bye to family, leave house - 7:15a-7:35a

ride train in the morning. if i see anyone i know on the platform, i avoid them at all costs. have no interest in speaking with anyone that early.

piss, shower, shave, brush teeth, dress, say good bye to family, leave house - 7:15a-7:35a
You need to set for 7:15 and get up, use that 45 minutes for solid sleep.

That's pretty much exactly how my mornings go.

I never used to get up before 8. After having kids now I can't sleep past 7.

Not a morning person at all. First cup of coffee is absolutely necessary.

That's pretty much exactly how my mornings go.
I rarely use an alarm and when I do I never use snooze. To be honest don't understand why people do it.
There's no question that it doesn't accomplish anything other than giving you less time to get ready and out the door. I think for me it's more related to anxiety about my work day rather than laziness. I just lay in bed for a while thinking about how my day will go.

how do you shower, shave, brush your teeth, and dress in 0-20 minutes?

I've used an alarm less than a handful of times over the past couple years; only when I have to be somewhere before 6. So, a couple days for early work calls and for races.

Don't know what you mean by "start to get ready for work" - is eating breakfast part of that? Is coffee?

Normal routine:

0520 - wake up

0522 - make coffee, start reading or surfing on the net

0530 - drink coffee

0600 - poop

0615 - read more, start breakfast; say good morning to my 12 yo son who wakes himself up with his Dart Vader alarm clock

0645 - wake up 10 yo son (shares a room with my 6 yo son)

0650 - shower

0700 - see 4 yo son get up, tell him to go back to bed

0705 - wake up 6 yo son, make him breakfast

0715 - pack my lunch, "encourage" 6 yo to get dressed, usually race him to see who can get dressed first

0730 - wait with 6 yo son for his ride

0735 - drive to work

0800 - arrive to work

I wake up and walk into my home office and I'm at work. If I go into the office, I'll need an hour for a shower and the commute.

Very much a morning person. I only need 6-7 hours of sleep so I also tend to stay up late as well.

Here is my routine... And I'm a "morning person" once I'm awake...

5:50 - Alarm goes off

5:55 - Wife shoves me and tells me to turn off the stupid chicken alarm because I'm sleeping on my ear that I can hear out of

6:00 - 6:10 - I manage to get out of bed.

6:11 - 6:25 - Shower, brush teeth, put in contacts, get dressed.

6:25 - 6:40 - scarf some food, try to put a lunch together because I always forget to do it the night before, let the dogs out.

7:10ish arrive at work. (supposed to be there at 7:00)

Seems about right.. I get up at 5:15am, but have to make :coffee: and let the dog out and pack a lunch so not in the shower until 5:25am or so.. Shower, shave( electric), brush and dressed by 5:45am .. :shrug:

Get up at 5:30am Coffee..workout..eat. Ready to go around 7:30am

If I had my way for a perfect routine it would be up at 8am. Coffee..workout..eat. Ready to go at 10:30am.

I feel way better and have more energy from 11am to 9pm than 6am-4pm.

Weekends without an alarm and if something does not wake me up usually sleep till 8 or 8:30

i am 100% not a morning person.

my alarm goes off at least 3 snoozes before i get up. i run to the shower, get dressed and am out the door in like 20 minutes from rising to in the car. i have kids but besides saying goodbye to them, i barely see them in the morning. my daughter is the same as me. hates getting up. wife handles the morning time, i handle most of the nighttime (she works later hours).

i can stay up late nearly all nights. my ideal timing would be working 10-6, imo.
Me too. I'm out of bed and out the door with something to eat in 15 minutes tops. I typically don't dress up for work and don't have to shave every day so that helps.

Get up 5am, meet friend to tun at 5:15am. Run until 6:15am. Back to house to help get kids ready for school etc until 7:30am. Then get ready for work and off I go. Some days I work earlier, like 7am on Fridays, but Monday to Thursday, I always have the hour of running and 30-60 minutes of stuff with kids, etc.

I take a bath every morning and still do this in under 20 minutes. It is when I have to drop a deuce time gets all messed up.

You need to set for 7:15 and get up, use that 45 minutes for solid sleep.
i've tried, just doesn't work. in college i'd snooze at least 90 minutes. so 45 minutes is an improvement. yes, my college roommate hated me.

i shave and brush my teeth in the shower. so i guess the multi-tasking helps speed up the process. and sometimes i take 25 minutes. hth

Not sure how to answer question 2. Once I get up I get ready for work. I'd say 20 to 30 minutes by the time I get up and get ready and leave total.

sometime between 6:15 and 6:30 - human alarm clock, the first of my wife getting me out of bed once she's done showering and getting dressed, my 5 year old storming in and yelling WAKE UP DADDY IT'S HUNGRY TIME, or my 2 year old coming in saying Dad. Stink. Butt. Either way I get in the shower, my wife deals with the dirty diaper, and turns on shows for them.

6:45 - I'm showered + at least partially dressed, wife leaves for work.

6:52 - the world is over if I do not have breakfast ready for the kids, so I'm working against the clock here. If it's ready? All's well. They quietly retreat back to the living room. If not? ...

7:00 - kids are eating and I'm in the office drinking coffee, half watching the news, half reading twitter

7:22 - kids eat fast, but they leave me alone until their show is over and I have enough caffeine in me to deal with them

7:40 - everyone is dressed, teeth are brushed, beds are made, dishes are done, house is at least somewhat presentable, and we read stories until 7:50 when the sitter gets to the house...that's the goal anyway. Reality? Different story...

Wake up at 4, coffee and silence for 30-40 minutes. I might throw on the TV but it's background noise only. Then, I shower and all that and leave around 5:30 for a 6am arrival. I used to do the snooze/jump out of bed/get ready/leave thing, but that snooze sleep doesn't really have any actual benefit, at least not as much as the 30 minutes of quietly easing into the day does.

interesting thoughts regarding the snooze button. i just like to wake up in stages i guess. it's like having the alarm go off and then laying in bed longer. maybe i should try it, but i have almost never gotten out of bed on the 1st alarm.

I am not a morning person.

I have to get up earlier than I would to help get the kids ready.

When I did not have kids, I would get up and get ready and go to work. I don't understand why you would get up earlier to do...... what? Before you have to get ready and go to work.

I hate mornings.

I take a bath every morning and still do this in under 20 minutes. It is when I have to drop a deuce time gets all messed up.
When? It's optional?

Pretty much the entire time I was in college I was a bartender and regularly closed down the bar and was home around 4am. And back up for classes at 8am (stupid math classes only offered at 8am). It's pretty much doomed me to now I'm routinely up til 1-2 am, as I just can't seem to get tired before then regardless of how little sleep I had the night before. I've always been the guy who's still going/drinking til late into the night/early morning.

Wife and kids usually go down around 9pm-10. I'll read/watch tv/ go for a run/waste time on the internet etc til about 1, usually finally fall asleep around 1:30-2. I have to be at work for a 7:45 meeting every morning and catch the 7:00 train. I get up around 6:00-6:15. Wife and kids are all usually still asleep. Get ready, make a smoothie, grab my lunch and out the door by 6:45.

I'm pretty sluggish til about 9:30-10 til I really start to wake up, usually drink 3-4 cups of coffee, then I'm fine for the rest of the day. If I have absolutely nothing to do, the latest I can ever sleep in is about 7 am. Even if I'm up til 3 the night before. I think I'm cursed. I really want to sleep more, but I just never can.

I get up, get out my clothes and get in the shower. Get dressed, eat breakfast (or make it for consumption on my commute) and leave.

This is me.

I am not a morning person.

I have to get up earlier than I would to help get the kids ready.

When I did not have kids, I would get up and get ready and go to work. I don't understand why you would get up earlier to do...... what? Before you have to get ready and go to work.

I hate mornings.
Read, relax, listen to music, have a cup of coffee. :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread