What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shooting at people (1 Viewer)

Have you ever shot a human being, whether you intended to or not?

• Yes

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • No

Votes: 137 91.9%

• Total voters

Henry Ford

Footballguy
In a lot of gun control threads, people talk about shooting at and/or shooting other people. Good guys shooting bad guys, good guys having good aim when shooting at bad guys around other good guys, etc.

Just curious, ever shot at someone? Ever hit someone with a bullet, intentionally or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I lived in Maryland I shot a burglar dead. Got him twice in the chest. I had to pay for new carpeting, insurance didn't cover it. Bastards still considered it a claim just because I asked about it.

Nope. Suck on that, NCC! ;)

Seriously though, I came close to being shot by a 30-30 rifle on a hunting trip. The bullet hit just inches away from me. An accident, by all means. It was an unpleasant experience to say the least.

In a lot of gun control threads, people talk about shooting at and/or shooting other people. Good guys shooting bad guys, good guys having good aim when shooting at bad guys around other good guys, etc.

Just curious, ever shot at someone? Ever hit someone with a bullet, intentionally or not?
No. And (God willing) I never will.

I am interested to hear the stories of the people who answered "yes".

Shtick? Military service? CCW holder? Redneck shenanigans? Other?

:popcorn:

When I was very young, a very bad thing happened and my stepfather, who had a restraining order against him, broke into our home. There was a gun in what used to be his bedside table, and I used it to put a bullet in my stepfather's back. The bullet went through him and into my mother, but it made him stop trying to rape and murder her.It's a great story, I know.

When I was very young, a very bad thing happened and my stepfather, who had a restraining order against him, broke into our home. There was a gun in what used to be his bedside table, and I used it to put a bullet in my stepfather's back. The bullet went through him and into my mother, but it made him stop trying to rape and murder her.It's a great story, I know.
:shock: Seriously?

:mellow: You win.

This is one of those reasons I take what most people say about my position on gun control with a grain of salt. I don't really give a #### what someone who's never shot someone thinks about my position on gun control.

:mellow: You win.
Nah, I only hit him once.

This is one of those reasons I take what most people say about my position on gun control with a grain of salt. I don't really give a #### what someone who's never shot someone thinks about my position on gun control.
Understood. That is some extremely heavy ####e. Sorry that you had go through that horrible ordeal.

i am very sorry you had to go through that

:sadbanana:

i am very sorry you had to go through that
It was a very, very long time ago. I haven't even mentioned it in a very long time. I blame McGarnicle and Buffalo Trace.

I've always admired what little i know about you. The why is beconing more clear,

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have. Although I didn't take the time to identify them I think I hit several and I have reason to believe I killed a couple. I was with the 1st SOW somewhere the government would say we never were and we came under fire. A young man I had come to like was killed next to me. His parents were told it was a training accident. We of course returned fire. Luckily the real badassess showed up and with our numbers advantage the tide quickly turned. We got out as quick as we could. I had sighted down on a couple and well headshots tend to be fatal I saw the round hit. Others I shot at not sure if i hit but I was a pretty good shot in those days so I am assuming I winged them at least.

I find no glory in it. There were no hero's that day IMO. Just a bunch of kids acting out the play someone else called. In the end it was all meaningless. I still dream about it to this day.

Take it from me you don't want to shoot anyone. It ain't like TV.

I've always admired what little i know about you. The why is beconing more clear,
Because I shot a man in the back at a young age? It really gets the ladies going, too.
I've never told my wife much about my military service. Just a couple of silly drinking stories really. She wouldn't understand or be able to process the other stuff. I think she'd be afraid of me.

Because I shot a man in the back at a young age? It really gets the ladies going, too.
I've never told my wife much about my military service. Just a couple of silly drinking stories really. She wouldn't understand or be able to process the other stuff. I think she'd be afraid of me.
I don't really understand what you've been through as I never served, but I certainly understand the idea of not telling your wife things about your past so she won't be afraid of you. Been there, done that.

I shot four 203 rounds and three M-16 magazines at some rascals one time. Unloaded a side arm a few times but mostly just to scare dickholes off a convoy. I've been shot at, mortared, shot at, mortared, rocketed, was in an airplane that took fire, and my leg was dry humped one time.

Albania, Afghanistan, Iraq. Most afraid I ever was in Central African Republic though, no shots but we heard the local government had been overrun and we were out on a MEDCAP with no weapons and a bunch of African troops who couldn't protect Otis from Jimmy the Gay in an Lower Eastside deli.

I don't talk much about this stuff IRL, unless I run into an Army guy who wants to make fun of Air Force guy when he never went further than Fort Irwin and was medically retired for bunions. Then I get froggy.

Some fat chick in Michigan pulled a gun on me too.

Forgot about that. Angry fat chick>>>>Taliban

Never held a real gun so never shot anyone. I went to a party once where a guy was showing his gun and immediately left. Guns and booze are a combo I do not want to be around.

Anyone that doesn't take guns seriously enough to NOT want to shoot someone else is someone that shouldn't own a gun. Having to shoot at somebody is an awful thing. Unfortunately, there are bad people out there that make it necessary at times. But it should always be viewed as a necessary evil.

I can definitely respect this. Sorry you had to do that. I can't imagine how you dealt with that.

GroveDiesel said:
Anyone that doesn't take guns seriously enough to NOT want to shoot someone else is someone that shouldn't own a gun. Having to shoot at somebody is an awful thing. Unfortunately, there are bad people out there that make it necessary at times. But it should always be viewed as a necessary evil.
sort of like pepper spray, in order to carry it in the military you have to be sprayed by it and experience the pain. Obviously you can't do that with guns but maybe throw a vest on a gun buyer and shoot them with a non lethal round just to experience a fraction of the pain. :shrug:

GroveDiesel said:
sort of like pepper spray, in order to carry it in the military you have to be sprayed by it and experience the pain. Obviously you can't do that with guns but maybe throw a vest on a gun buyer and shoot them with a non lethal round just to experience a fraction of the pain. :shrug:
Back when the AF used pepper spray to simulate a chemical attack. You would go into a tent and they would set off like a pepper spray fogger. Then you had to put on your head gear in the pepper spray cloud. They kept changing the training so I got exposed to it 4 times in the same year. I was starting to enjoy it.

When I was younger one of my friends had some sort of Nerf Crossbow thing. It was pretty poorly made and and the string was looser than an SEC sorority girl but someone loaded it with a real metal tip dart one time and shot me in the foot with it hard enough to puncture the skin

I remember a time when I got shot in the head and the foot at the same time. I re-spawned and was immediately shot in the chest. #### spawn campers.

McGarnicle said:
When I lived in Maryland I shot a burglar dead. Got him twice in the chest. I had to pay for new carpeting, insurance didn't cover it. Bastards still considered it a claim just because I asked about it.
The state should reimburse you for it. You saved them a lot more $ that that carpet cost. Good job by the way. :thumbup:

NCCommish said:
Yes I have. Although I didn't take the time to identify them I think I hit several and I have reason to believe I killed a couple. I was with the 1st SOW somewhere the government would say we never were and we came under fire. A young man I had come to like was killed next to me. His parents were told it was a training accident. We of course returned fire. Luckily the real badassess showed up and with our numbers advantage the tide quickly turned. We got out as quick as we could. I had sighted down on a couple and well headshots tend to be fatal I saw the round hit. Others I shot at not sure if i hit but I was a pretty good shot in those days so I am assuming I winged them at least.

I find no glory in it. There were no hero's that day IMO. Just a bunch of kids acting out the play someone else called. In the end it was all meaningless. I still dream about it to this day.

Take it from me you don't want to shoot anyone. It ain't like TV.
Have you ever considered going to a psychiatrist? You seem very angry on these forums and maybe that is the reason why.

Users who are viewing this thread