Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
phrozen

Arrested Development

It definitely picks up on the second half of the episodes.

Will need to re-watch it all tomorrow, generally the case with new AD anyways.

Gets better with each episode.

Yep. Finally finished, Gob was the best. Loved the roofie circle.Anustart :lmao:

I lost it when Lucille 1 was shotgunning the smoke into Buster's mouth. The Helms real estate scene was great too. "Ninja please!"

Watching the reruns, I'm starting to think Hale's the most talented actor in the cast. That smoking scene is pure genius with him getting sicker between blasts, trying to tell his story and then scrambling to be there in time. Also, the influence of Cheryl Tunt on Kitty Sanhez really, really makes me want to find Judy Greer at last call somewhere.

Yep. Finally finished, Gob was the best. Loved the roofie circle.Anustart :lmao:
Who the hell thinks of that license plate?!In case anyone's missed it, Cross plays a less gay but more clueless character in the hilariously underrated Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.

a>

I've made a huge mistake. Episodes 4, 5, and 6 are fantastic and really build off of the 1st 3. I can't wait to watch another installment but I'm tempted to go back and watch the ones I've aready seen first.

I've made a huge mistake. Episodes 4, 5, and 6 are fantastic and really build off of the 1st 3. I can't wait to watch another installment but I'm tempted to go back and watch the ones I've aready seen first.

Are you watching in the order Netflix dishes them out to you?

Are you watching in the order Netflix dishes them out to you?

I believe so. They're 15 boxes labled 1 - 15 and I've gone in order and I'm seeing ccall backs.

Through 3 so far and a little under whelmed. I think the best part of the show was when they were all together and these single character centric episodes aren't doing it for me.

This. I get the point of what they're doing, but the isolation concept just does not work like the other episodes in terms of funny.

this is what i was starting to think it might turn out to be like after little more than an episode last night...

i understand why it had to be structured this way (no way to get cast together at same time with different circumstances this time around), but seems to defeat the purpose of having one of greatest ensemble casts ever... and as noted elsewhere, tobias and GOB are probably two funniest characters for me, so that will be weird if they are missing for long stretches...

that said, hope i'm wrong, and i turn out to like it as much (or almost) as first three seasons...

Awesome, the news reporter reporting about George Michael is a FOX reporter. LOLZ

Through 3 so far and a little under whelmed. I think the best part of the show was when they were all together and these single character centric episodes aren't doing it for me.

This. I get the point of what they're doing, but the isolation concept just does not work like the other episodes in terms of funny.
this is what i was starting to think it might turn out to be like after little more than an episode last night... i understand why it had to be structured this way (no way to get cast together at same time with different circumstances this time around), but seems to defeat the purpose of having one of greatest ensemble casts ever... and as noted elsewhere, tobias and GOB are probably two funniest characters for me, so that will be weird if they are missing for long stretches... that said, hope i'm wrong, and i turn out to like it as much (or almost) as first three seasons...
I miss Tobias for long stretches (could take or leave GOB, really), but the single character focus format is better than I thought it'd be. In the hands of these writers, it works fine I think.

Yep. Finally finished, Gob was the best. Loved the roofie circle.

Anustart a>

Who the hell thinks of that license plate?!

In case anyone's missed it, Cross plays a less gay but more clueless character in the hilariously underrated Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret.

I just finished watching Todd Margaret last week leading up to Arrested Development coming back on... I really liked it. Only 12 episodes, but he and Arnett are great in it.

So how long until its elsewhere, other than netflix

anyone?

anyone?
Just sign up for Netflix. If you're new, pretty sure they have a free 1-month trial deal you can do.

anyone?
Just sign up for Netflix. If you're new, pretty sure they have a free 1-month trial deal you can do.
Or as someone else so eloquently put it, shoot the lock of your wallet and support the company that gave fans a 4th season of AD.

anyone?
Or as someone else so eloquently put it, shoot the lock of your wallet and support the company that gave fans a 4th season of AD.
not new, and netflix will never see another dime from me

anyone?
not new, and netflix will never see another dime from me
Hence the "as someone else said".The question's not a new one either, so the answer remains the same. Either pay the people that foot the bill for this, do the lame free-trial thing, or get it illegally.

Just signed up for streaming. :thumbup: Can't wait to get started. a>

I thought that Kristen Wiig really nailed the young Lucille character. Was Steve Holt wearing a fat suit or something? He looked like a hot mess. The thing that really cracked me up was when Ron Howard said Grazer was tipped off 3 months before the market collapse. I was laughing so hard I almost passed out, I had to to pause the show and breath a little. It was a bit scary, but it felt so good to laugh again. What is the Show Stealer watermark stuff about, I don't get that reference.

OMG, Season 2 is hilarious...

the 30th Mother-Son Dance?

MotherBoy XXX a>a>a>

I would love to be watching it all again for the first time. Although even the 4th and 5th time are still hilarious but nothing like the first.

I thought that Kristen Wiig really nailed the young Lucille character. Was Steve Holt wearing a fat suit or something? He looked like a hot mess. The thing that really cracked me up was when Ron Howard said Grazer was tipped off 3 months before the market collapse. I was laughing so hard I almost passed out, I had to to pause the show and breath a little. It was a bit scary, but it felt so good to laugh again. What is the Show Stealer watermark stuff about, I don't get that reference.

They only show it during the old footage of the show. It is a gag, as in, they could not get the original footage from FOX show they had to download the old footage and burn it with "Show Stealer Trial Version". It is a "funny" gag and what is funnier is the people asking about it.

It's probably some kind of copyright gag like the google stuff. I don't know if Holt was wearing a fat suit but a hairpiece for sure. Some of the lighting is so bad you can see the edges. Wiig is great, Rogen is crap. He adds absolutely nothing. I'm not thrilled with the lighting in general, which is a disappointment as the precedent for net series.

I don't think Holt was wearing a fat suit. It's not uncommon for guys his age to throw on a bunch weight. Especially guys that aren't working actors, as I assume the guy playing Holt hasn't been.

It's probably some kind of copyright gag like the google stuff. I don't know if Holt was wearing a fat suit but a hairpiece for sure. Some of the lighting is so bad you can see the edges. Wiig is great, Rogen is crap. He adds absolutely nothing. I'm not thrilled with the lighting in general, which is a disappointment as the precedent for net series.
Rogen was an awful pick and pretty terrible in general.

He brings nothing, he looks about a foot shorter than Tambor. Complete fail. I liked him in 40 Year Old Virgin, mostly because I had most of the albums and/or shirts that he was wearing, and he might be a good writer, but his one personality that he has is well overplayed already.

He brings nothing, he looks about a foot shorter than Tambor. Complete fail. I liked him in 40 Year Old Virgin, mostly because I had most of the albums and/or shirts that he was wearing, and he might be a good writer, but his one personality that he has is well overplayed already.

I agree, I only liked him as half of the duo Santiago and Dunbar.

I noticed the Workaholic guys in the show and I also recognized some Outsourced characters, but I don't know that show well enough to know how many people were represented. I'm wondering if other show casts that I hadn't seen were represented and how intentional it was. There are some people from the Office, but that's not really new and of course there's going to be some natural overlap just because of the industry. I was sad to see that Alia Shawkat was beaten mercilously with an ugly stick after season 3, but happy to see the continued hot redhead trend as exhibited by great shows like Game of Thrones.

I agree, I only liked him as half of the duo Santiago and Dunbar.

I noticed the Workaholic guys in the show and I also recognized some Outsourced characters, but I don't know that show well enough to know how many people were represented. I'm wondering if other show casts that I hadn't seen were represented and how intentional it was. There are some people from the Office, but that's not really new and of course there's going to be some natural overlap just because of the industry. I was sad to see that Alia Shawkat was beaten mercilously with an ugly stick after season 3, but happy to see the continued hot redhead trend as exhibited by great shows like Game of Thrones.

There's nothing hot about red-headed Lindsay (Rebel Alley is nice). Nothing hot about Lindsay at all. Too thin, face ruined and inexpressive. Sad.

I agree, I only liked him as half of the duo Santiago and Dunbar. I noticed the Workaholic guys in the show and I also recognized some Outsourced characters, but I don't know that show well enough to know how many people were represented. I'm wondering if other show casts that I hadn't seen were represented and how intentional it was. There are some people from the Office, but that's not really new and of course there's going to be some natural overlap just because of the industry. I was sad to see that Alia Shawkat was beaten mercilously with an ugly stick after season 3, but happy to see the continued hot redhead trend as exhibited by great shows like Game of Thrones.
Didnt like the workaholics stuff either. Gail the snail from Sunny did well.

Don't know if Lindsay had a face lift, nose job or what but there is no "Lindsay" there anymore. No emotion or something else lacking there.

Maebe is good looking but they did not help her at all with a good hair style or anything. They did her no favors.

Kitty is still rocking it.

Don't know if Lindsay had a face lift, nose job or what but there is no "Lindsay" there anymore. No emotion or something else lacking there.

Maebe is good looking but they did not help her at all with a good hair style or anything. They did her no favors.

Kitty is still rocking it.

It's called overdone botox. Her muscles are all paralyzed.

Maeby looks exactly the same but the hair is not complementary.

Kitty needs much, much more screentime. The Cheryl voice makes me want to choke her a bit.

Still laughing at how the Funke's put a live duck in the oven. Then, its still alive when they serve it. a>a>

Method One clinic. :lol:

Edited by Mario Kart

Rewatching s4ep1 again.

Cinco de Quattro :lmao:

Gay in-flight magazine :lmao:

Court room turning back into a crab shack/maritime law :lmao:

and the guys from Workaholics :thumbup:

Edited by Guster

I knew Alia was going to take a lot of crap for her looks, but I think her episode (Senoritis) was probably my favorite of the new season.

I think most critics are coalescing around a "B+" grade for the season. I'd probably go with an "A-". Any complaints I have essentially boil down to it not being as good as the best comedy I've ever seen on TV, which seems a bit harsh. I do think some things didn't work as well as I would have liked, including (sadly) Tobias' storyline (but I seem to be alone in not liking Tobias' episodes that much).

I'm not sure they really had enough for 15 (longer than usual) episodes here, particularly if the goal was to put the characters in the places they'll be in for the movie. The format means that we have characters like George and Lindsey, who are in place for the movie by episode 10 or so, and then we get 5 more episodes to put Michael and George Michael in their place.

Still, a satisfying binge watching experience. Several classic jokes. Some of my favorites:

• The recurring "coincidence" Indian mantra.
  • The gigantic "HER?" at Anne's wedding,
  • "I'm here, I'm queer, now I'm over here!"
  • The obvious, but still funny, Social Network parody around FakeBlock, particularly the PHound as Eduardo Saverin jokes.
  • Anything to do with the maritime trial being held at a crab shack, but particularly the verdict being posted on the daily specials board.
  • Heartfire trying to order a drink.
  • "Carlos the Tickle Monster"
  • Tobias' tying his sari like Marilyn Monroe's dress in the Seven Year Itch.
  • Tobias using the term "Theralyst" after being in prison
  • "You're not charring my tree."

I knew Alia was going to take a lot of crap for her looks, but I think her episode (Senoritis) was probably my favorite of the new season.

I think most critics are coalescing around a "B+" grade for the season. I'd probably go with an "A-". Any complaints I have essentially boil down to it not being as good as the best comedy I've ever seen on TV, which seems a bit harsh. I do think some things didn't work as well as I would have liked, including (sadly) Tobias' storyline (but I seem to be alone in not liking Tobias' episodes that much).

I'm not sure they really had enough for 15 (longer than usual) episodes here, particularly if the goal was to put the characters in the places they'll be in for the movie. The format means that we have characters like George and Lindsey, who are in place for the movie by episode 10 or so, and then we get 5 more episodes to put Michael and George Michael in their place.

Still, a satisfying binge watching experience. Several classic jokes. Some of my favorites:

[*]The recurring "coincidence" Indian mantra.

[*]The gigantic "HER?" at Anne's wedding,

[*]"I'm here, I'm queer, now I'm over here!"

[*]The obvious, but still funny, Social Network parody around FakeBlock, particularly the PHound as Eduardo Saverin jokes.

[*]Anything to do with the maritime trial being held at a crab shack, but particularly the verdict being posted on the daily specials board.

[*]Heartfire trying to order a drink.

[*]"Carlos the Tickle Monster"

[*]Tobias' tying his sari like Marilyn Monroe's dress in the Seven Year Itch.

[*]Tobias using the term "Theralyst" after being in prison

[*]"You're not charring my tree."

Yeah, I think it's being judged a little harshly by critics.

It was certainly missing something not having the entire cast around each episode, but it was very entertaining and, really, a pretty amazing feat, I thought. Pretty ambitious and they pulled it off well.

If most any other show had tried this, it probably would've been a disaster.

I was actually disappointed to hear about the movie (not sure how I missed that). I was hoping they'd try to pull off another 15 episodes again in a couple of years. I wouldn't have really thought most of them would be that busy, except for Bateman, Cera, and Whitman. I guess Arnett probably is, but I really can't stand him in any other role outside of GOB.

I miss Michael playing the straight man. I think he works best when he's the foil to his family's craziness, but now he just seems to be pushing the crazy more.

Still laughing at how the Funke's put a live duck in the oven. Then, its still alive when they serve it. a>a>

Method One clinic. a>

It's a Thanksgiving miracle!

My favorite gag through 4 episodes.

We're taking our time with it but liked the first episode. Glad to have it back.

Are there any figures on added subscriptions for Netflix over the weekend. I hope it's a success and they do another season.

E1 and E2 were good, but agree without the whole crew involved it's a little more forced. Too much Michael the first 2 eps. I don't know if he's cycling off and will be totally out the next few or what.

Editing and direction is a little disjointed. It's really obvious they stitched this together in a real hurry.

[*]The recurring "coincidence" Indian mantra.

[*]The gigantic "HER?" at Anne's wedding,

[*]"I'm here, I'm queer, now I'm over here!"

[*]The obvious, but still funny, Social Network parody around FakeBlock, particularly the PHound as Eduardo Saverin jokes.

[*]Anything to do with the maritime trial being held at a crab shack, but particularly the verdict being posted on the daily specials board.

[*]Heartfire trying to order a drink.

[*]"Carlos the Tickle Monster"

[*]Tobias' tying his sari like Marilyn Monroe's dress in the Seven Year Itch.

[*]Tobias using the term "Theralyst" after being in prison

[*]"You're not charring my tree."

Yeah, I think it's being judged a little harshly by critics.

It was certainly missing something not having the entire cast around each episode, but it was very entertaining and, really, a pretty amazing feat, I thought. Pretty ambitious and they pulled it off well.

If most any other show had tried this, it probably would've been a disaster.

I was actually disappointed to hear about the movie (not sure how I missed that). I was hoping they'd try to pull off another 15 episodes again in a couple of years. I wouldn't have really thought most of them would be that busy, except for Bateman, Cera, and Whitman. I guess Arnett probably is, but I really can't stand him in any other role outside of GOB.

Arnett's pretty busy and he'll probably be doing a sitcom in the fall. James Burrows had 4 pilots going on at one lot last month and I was fortunate enough to be passed around onto a few of them when they needed extra crew. I got to be double lucky to be there for the taping of Arnett's sitcom (watching Burrows work was AWESOME) and it was really, really funny. Ever since the "single camera" comedy gained prominence, I haven't watched or laughed at a sitcom and I was rolling even though I'd already seen the rehearsals. So, short story long, Arnett's should get picked up with Burrows, Beau Bridges and the hillbilly matriarch villain from Justified all behind it. Will plays a pretty straight character dealing with crazy family after his parents divorce and move in with him (mom) and his sister (dad). Hilarious.

Not sure I like the "release all at once" plan. It is funny to have people point out the small details you might miss as people go thru the series. It makes shows like GOT and other shows that used to be funny like The Office better imo

Not sure I like the "release all at once" plan. It is funny to have people point out the small details you might miss as people go thru the series. It makes shows like GOT and other shows that used to be funny like The Office better imo

I agree. I wish they would have released one episode at a time so there would be more conversation on each episode.

I agree. I wish they would have released one episode at a time so there would be more conversation on each episode.

yep. was telling my GF the same thing yesterday.

You wouldn't tip an african american would you?

I loved it, sunday was awesome.

Impossible to stop watching these episodes. I was hoping to stretch this out for a week, but I'm afraid that is not happening.

I loved it, sunday was awesome.

I'm sure a lot of people like it that way, maybe even most. I've never been into the marathons of a show though. I could never go through a whole season of a show in a short time. We're watching Homeland season two and it'll take us probably 2 months to get through.