What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SUNDAY AM - RB Chris Brown (Ten) (1 Viewer)

I only saw this one. Sounds like he is going to play maybe; "I'll be all right...it feels good actually." Would you start him this week though?

I only saw this one. Sounds like he is going to play maybe; "I'll be all right...it feels good actually." Would you start him this week though?
Diesel was right, and caught that I made two Chris Brown Threads. I've already deleted the other one. Good catch! :thumbup: Only thing I have to add to this thread is that Brown did the usual Player deal where he proclaimed himself ready to go, and he is looking forward to the game. Stephen Davis almost burned me with that a few weeks ago. I just don't trust the players, they are always full of bravado, and think they are Superman.Brown was wearing a Cast all week and didn't practice on Friday. I'll believe he is a go when and if Mort says so. ;)

In a recent Chris Brown thread there was a link to a Cincinatti Enquirer article that states "Titans insiders expect backup quarterback Billy Volek to play instead of McNair and think Brown will start but is unlikely to finish the game."

If you're a Brown owner and in a league where you can listen for the gameday info and adjust your lineup accordingly, I think waiting until the last minute is the best play. If not, I think you probably want to sub in another starter, if you have a capable option. I'd leave some upside on the table for a lesser player more certain to play. However in the dynasty league that I have Brown, due to byes and suspensions I have no other options, so my best bet is to play Brown and hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to leave for the Skins game right now, and my only other option is Sammy Morris. I'm going to have to ride with Brown and hope he has another 100-yard first half and then calls it a day...Happy Halloween!

Diesel was right, and caught that I made two Chris Brown Threads. I've already deleted the other one. Good catch! :thumbup: Only thing I have to add to this thread is that Brown did the usual Player deal where he proclaimed himself ready to go, and he is looking forward to the game. Stephen Davis almost burned me with that a few weeks ago. I just don't trust the players, they are always full of bravado, and think they are Superman.Brown was wearing a Cast all week and didn't practice on Friday. I'll believe he is a go when and if Mort says so. ;)
Since he said "It feels good", I'm starting him. I don't feel as good about Roy Williams however.

If you are a Brown owner, you have to be on crack (or really desparate) to play him. He won't be 100%. In his last 4 weeks, he has had several bad games. With him not at full capacity, no reason to think he will go nuts today. I imagine it will be hard for him to make cuts, explode through the line, and such like he did that monday night game.(in fair disclosure from a Brown owner who dumped him this week for thomas jones)

I have to leave for the Skins game right now, and my only other option is Sammy Morris. I'm going to have to ride with Brown and hope he has another 100-yard first half and then calls it a day...Happy Halloween!
Now THAT's a fan! Going tailgating to a game at 7:55AM! I salute you! :thumbup:

If you are a Brown owner, you have to be on crack (or really desparate) to play him. He won't be 100%. In his last 4 weeks, he has had several bad games. With him not at full capacity, no reason to think he will go nuts today. I imagine it will be hard for him to make cuts, explode through the line, and such like he did that monday night game.(in fair disclosure from a Brown owner who dumped him this week for thomas jones)
If he said he feels good and they are playing that Bengals rush defense, I have to roll the dice and play him in leagues where I don't have a Corey Dillon to replace him. If I had to choose between Brown and someone like Sammy Morris, I'm playing Brown today.

Heavily debating starting Kevin Jones over Brown
Oh, I would do that in a heartbeat. A healthy Chris Brown playing one of the worst run defenses is better than a dinged up Brown against a poor run defense. I look for Jones to go over the century mark in yds today.

Oh, I would do that in a heartbeat. A healthy Kevin Brown playing one of the worst run defenses is better than a dinged up Brown against a poor run defense. I look for Jones to go over the century mark in yds today.
Kevin Brown? Heck, A healthy Bobby Brown is better than Chris Brown these days :)

Unless Brown is declared the starter and near 100%, I'm starting McGahee over him. Despite Henry's presence, McGahee's likely to have a stronger game than a gimpy Brown with Volek at QB.

Unless Brown is declared the starter and near 100%, I'm starting McGahee over him. Despite Henry's presence, McGahee's likely to have a stronger game than a gimpy Brown with Volek at QB.
That's an easy call. Try picking between Brown and Zereoue

Oh, I would do that in a heartbeat. A healthy Kevin Brown playing one of the worst run defenses is better than a dinged up Brown against a poor run defense. I look for Jones to go over the century mark in yds today.
Kevin Brown? Heck, A healthy Bobby Brown is better than Chris Brown these days :)
My bad. I have Chris Brown in every league and I refer to him as Kevin Brown? WTF was I thinking? Not enough coffee I guess. Damn Sunday morning brain farts :bag:

I'm in the same boat in 2 leagues. Right now I have KJones in my lineups. I have to leave to coach my 12-year old youth team at ~ 11am EST. I think that KJones is the safer play, although I do like the Detroit O better with ROY in the lineup today.

Turf toe is a hyper extension and usually haunts a player if he doesn't rest it+ice it for a long enough time. Usually they run(or stand) with their foot on an angle in an attempt to support the weight their big toe isn't supporting. Pushing off is the point of most pain. Sports teams do give them (non steroid)anti-inflammatory shots but that only lasts a while.

:wall: :cry: I'm going through this, it seems weekly now, with C Brown, R Moss.......going to start Antwon Smith and Driver instead......so since I control the games Brown & Moss owners rejoice!

22 Members: The Ref, theedge, JohnnyU, richnsht, Furps, Weekend Warrior, The Gatekeeper, Raiders Fan, Harpua, Wilbur Wood, jazz12pg, drdgreenlove, NoCheese, Vitruvian Man, pmedina, Ramblin Wreck, tdoublebb, Skinsfan, Ahmad Rashad, The Dude, dijon, EvilToddDont tell me that this board does not have a Chris Borwn Chubby. It's 9:06 EST and everyone seems to be in this thread.At any rate, my situation is the same as a lot of you. My only other options are Willie Green and "2". Let me know what time the Browns and Saints play today and you will figure ot who I am starting out of the three.

For me it's either Brown or Jimmy Smith. I might just play it safe. I am playing a weaker opponent. Who has Bulger on Bye and Clayton. Starting Lelie and Collins instead. I should walk either way..

22 Members: The Ref, theedge, JohnnyU, richnsht, Furps, Weekend Warrior, The Gatekeeper, Raiders Fan, Harpua, Wilbur Wood, jazz12pg, drdgreenlove, NoCheese, Vitruvian Man, pmedina, Ramblin Wreck, tdoublebb, Skinsfan, Ahmad Rashad, The Dude, dijon, EvilToddDont tell me that this board does not have a Chris Borwn Chubby. It's 9:06 EST and everyone seems to be in this thread.At any rate, my situation is the same as a lot of you. My only other options are Willie Green and "2". Let me know what time the Browns and Saints play today and you will figure ot who I am starting out of the three.
:D funny :thumbup:

That's an easy call. Try picking between Brown and Zereoue
How about Chris Brown vs. TJ Duckett in a TD only league :no:

FWIW....Czarnecki is usually pretty good. I would be very hesitant to start either Brown or McNair today?

Oct 31, 2004, 09:19

Titans - RB C.Brown Will Try To Go, QB Volek Will Start

John Czarnecki, FOX Sports - [Full Article]

The Titans will start QB Billy Volek for Steve McNair (bruised sternum) and RB Chris Brown will try to play with a bad turf toe. The Titans are winless at home this season and running out of excuses.

LINK

Arrrggggg....Westbrook OUT, McAllister on BYE, DDAvis at 90%, CBrown ????I thought I had monster depth at RB. Instead all I have is a crappy receiving corps and a bunch of injured stiffs.Next year I am drafting receivers in the first two rounds!I just had to trade for CTaylor. I know its not an AC thread, but some confirmation that Taylor should start for me would be appreciated (especially if Brown busts out for 150 yard), so WDIS?

Just to add to R.White's post of the bad turf toe....If you listen to Jeff Fisher's Friday press conference on the Titans website, he seemed a little disappointed that they could not have Brown run in practice on Friday, referring that the toe was still quite sore. It seems to run counter to their earlier optimism that the boot was going to reduce the swelling and improve the situation. Of course, that might be a little slanted as I'd like to see Antowain Smith at RB today for the Titans...now do I start him or Emmitt Smith?

Just to add to R.White's post of the bad turf toe....If you listen to Jeff Fisher's Friday press conference on the Titans website, he seemed a little disappointed that they could not have Brown run in practice on Friday, referring that the toe was still quite sore. It seems to run counter to their earlier optimism that the boot was going to reduce the swelling and improve the situation. Of course, that might be a little slanted as I'd like to see Antowain Smith at RB today for the Titans...now do I start him or Emmitt Smith?
all of that means nothing if the statements by Chris Brown are true "it feels good acutally". Brown could be playing the "macho man" game here, but I would think he knows his own body, and if he says it feels good, then I'm playing him.

Fellas we know what's going to happen, if we bench him he rips it up for 200 and 2, if we start him he's leaves the game after the 1st series. :rant: I'm starting him.

I am banking on his confidence that he will play and play well - he was downplaying the injury big time on Friday even though he couldn't practice and was still in a boot.I like Morris on MNF, but not as much as Brown, if he plays.

I am banking on his confidence that he will play and play well - he was downplaying the injury big time on Friday even though he couldn't practice and was still in a boot.I like Morris on MNF, but not as much as Brown, if he plays.
Did you hear a press conference or interview w/ CB? I want to believe he is ok, but am concerned w/ Volek at QB combined with CB's iffyness. This is assuming that iffyness is a word. :popcorn:

Fellas we know what's going to happen, if we bench him he rips it up for 200 and 2, if we start him he's leaves the game after the 1st series. :rant: I'm starting him.
I agree, Im playing him in one league (dont have a better option) and am sitting him in 2 leagues for Kjones and Fred Taylor.

I agree.. look at McAllisters numbers while playing through his injury. Very low yardage, but a few TDs. With Brown we'll probably get the yardage but not the TDs. He should be a desperation play only this week.

This situation is causing me fits - if I don't start Brown I have to go with Eddie George, facing Detroit (which is encouraging) but his numbers have been poor all season. What to do? :confused:

This situation is causing me fits - if I don't start Brown I have to go with Eddie George, facing Detroit (which is encouraging) but his numbers have been poor all season. What to do? :confused:
If it's between George and Brown, it's an easy call. You roll the dice with Brown.

If it's between George and Brown, it's an easy call. You roll the dice with Brown.
Thanks for the input JohnnyU - that is way I am leaning.

Another hard question is C.Brown or A.Smith? Brown does not exactly have a history of toughing these things out, and turf toe is very painful. I'm leaning toward Smith.

I have the option of starting Barlow against the Bears instead. I'll probably go that way unless there is some really solid information emerges regarding Brown's health/playing time before kickoff. It's killing me though--my team is desperate for wins. LT2, Brown, and Barlow seemed like great RB depth, and Brown vs. the Vikings and Bengals looked like fantasy gold.

I just want to say that those of us choosing between CB and Dorsey Freaking Levens really hate those of you who have Kevin Jones right now.

This has turned into a WDIS thread....
In this case, it helps though. People aren't asking "who's best to start this week?" They are simply stating whether or not they feel comfortable starting Brown, and if they don't, who they feel is the better start. I think it's warranted here as long as its owners making statements; not asking for input on team-specific WSIS.

I have the option of starting Barlow against the Bears instead. I'll probably go that way unless there is some really solid information emerges regarding Brown's health/playing time before kickoff. It's killing me though--my team is desperate for wins. LT2, Brown, and Barlow seemed like great RB depth, and Brown vs. the Vikings and Bengals looked like fantasy gold.
i aqm in the same boat. i am going with LT2 and barlow

I just put Barlow and Brown on my bench.A player going to "try" to play isn't very encouraging to me.

I just put Barlow and Brown on my bench.A player going to "try" to play isn't very encouraging to me.
I'm starting Brown in 3 $$ leagues today :excited: :eek:

This has turned into a WDIS thread....
Brown was a popular FBG sleeper this year. I'd bet there a ton of guys on this forum who have him on a roster and are struggling with a starting decision today. For once, a WDIS thread may not be all that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread