What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (1 Viewer)

Do dopie and anthony even have a thread here?Sounds like they may have gotten canned today
I think they're off K-Rock, still on satellite.FWIW, I think there show is still better than Stern's, although not as good as it used to be. Neither is as good as Ron and Fez.

this morning was brutal listening to Howard rip on Oprah for her no-show XM deal. Uh, hey Howie.....you work 20 hour weeks, like 40 weeks a year.

The actual banter was funny, but talk about hypocritical

Last edited by a moderator:
this morning was brutal listening to Howard rip on Oprah for her no-show XM deal. Uh, hey Howie.....you work 20 hour weeks, like 40 weeks a year. The actual banter was funny, but talk about hypocritical
So he works more hours than her in one week than she does in a year and hes being hypocritical....I dont get it.

this morning was brutal listening to Howard rip on Oprah for her no-show XM deal. Uh, hey Howie.....you work 20 hour weeks, like 40 weeks a year. The actual banter was funny, but talk about hypocritical
So he works more hours than her in one week than she does in a year and hes being hypocritical....I dont get it.
under no circumstances should Howard and his team be ragging on anyone for having a sweetheart deal. yeah, he works alot more than she does, but he's still working a 4 day week and is only on the air for 4-5 hours a day. It's like Oprah making fun of Rosey for being fat. They're both fat.

Sal and Richard strike gold again with the Tradeo calls

Hilarious
yup, the tradio calls are outstanding.
Agreed.FWIW, looks like they have a simple web page here:

http://www.ylcountry.com/tradio.shtml

ETA: Looks like this isn't confined to just one radio station...

Tradio is the name given to a variety of programs heard on small radio stations, usually on the AM dial, where listeners call in to buy or sell items.[1] The name "tradio" is a portmanteau of "trade" and "radio." The concept of tradio is analogous to classified ads in local newspapers.

The format is also often called Swap Shop, Buy Sell or Trade or Trading Post.

Most tradio programs follow a similar format to each other. Callers are given a studio line in which they can call in and advertise, for free, a limited number of items for sale, or request an item to purchase from another listener. The caller then gives a phone number so that other listeners can contact the person for further information. With the rise of e-mail and other electronic media, most stations permit the sending in of items to sell via e-mail or fax. Most stations also permit listeners to send lists of items through postal mail.

There are usually some limits to what can be bought and sold through tradio programs. Most stations stipulate that only individuals, and no businesses, may use the tradio service, since the financial security of these small stations usually relies on the advertising dollars from these businesses. Federal regulations prohibit the sale of firearms through these services; real estate is also usually not allowed on tradio programs. Restrictions on the sale of automobiles varies from station to station.

The name "tradio" does not apply to any one particular program and there are no national or syndicated tradio programs. It is technically not a franchised format, either, because the format and name is not copyrighted or trademarked.

Typically tradio and similar programs are only heard on small, rural stations; KDKA (AM) in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is the largest market with a tradio program, airing weekly on Saturday afternoons. In smaller markets, tradio programs can air daily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tradio

Just curious, has Howard made any comments about Don Imus' revelation that he has cancer? Howard has a longtime hatred towards Imus and was wondering if he dropped the radio-show-competitor-shtick long enough to say something classy or not.

Just curious, has Howard made any comments about Don Imus' revelation that he has cancer? Howard has a longtime hatred towards Imus and was wondering if he dropped the radio-show-competitor-shtick long enough to say something classy or not.
he discussed it on monday. Said he felt bad for the guy and wondered why he still does radio. they had a fairly long discussion about how prostate treatment affects men's libido. seemed at least somewhat sincere. Robin, on the other hand, could care less that he has cancer. I loved the discussion with Dr. Drew this morning. Robin and her 34 narcisism score.

he discussed it on monday. Said he felt bad for the guy and wondered why he still does radio. they had a fairly long discussion about how prostate treatment affects men's libido. seemed at least somewhat sincere. Robin, on the other hand, could care less that he has cancer. I loved the discussion with Dr. Drew this morning. Robin and her 34 narcisism score.
I missed the Dr. Drew bit.Robin got a 34, eh? Out of what...30? :goodposting:

I missed the Dr. Drew bit.Robin got a 34, eh? Out of what...30? :goodposting:
40. The average american scores 15. Average celeb scores 18. They tested like 200 people, many of which were celebrities and Robin was the highest of all of them. She was not happy about it

he discussed it on monday. Said he felt bad for the guy and wondered why he still does radio. they had a fairly long discussion about how prostate treatment affects men's libido. seemed at least somewhat sincere. Robin, on the other hand, could care less that he has cancer.

I loved the discussion with Dr. Drew this morning. Robin and her 34 narcisism score.
I missed the Dr. Drew bit.Robin got a 34, eh? Out of what...30? :lmao:
40. The average american scores 15. Average celeb scores 18. They tested like 200 people, many of which were celebrities and Robin was the highest of all of them. She was not happy about it
Take the quiz here.

he discussed it on monday. Said he felt bad for the guy and wondered why he still does radio. they had a fairly long discussion about how prostate treatment affects men's libido. seemed at least somewhat sincere. Robin, on the other hand, could care less that he has cancer.

I loved the discussion with Dr. Drew this morning. Robin and her 34 narcisism score.
I missed the Dr. Drew bit.Robin got a 34, eh? Out of what...30? :confused:
Take the quiz here.
I got a 16.But it's not a very smart quiz. I answered honestly, but I bet I could have scored 40 points if I wanted to.

If possible, Robin has been more annoying than ever with this stupid freakin detox diet.

How badly do you want to see her fat again?

Robin's so annoying with all teh healthy eating nonsense.

Howard's talking about something great he had for lunch at Nobu and robin pops in with "They have a great walnut salad".

"Oooooo, I'll have the steaaaaamed vegetables pleeeeease!"

Artie had a great line last week when Kurt Angle asked Robin out. They were talking about how Robin will now start hanging out with all wrestlers, and Artie, in a faux british/Robin voice chimes in with"

"King Kong Bundy......Is he a veeeeegan?"

Pound for pound, this was the best week since they have been on Sirius. Fight week

Just today some of the classics were Robin's birthday, the Rainbow Room incident, Scott's pushup contest, Ralph vs John

Yesterday had Beetle vs Hank, Howard vs Dice, AJ Benza slapping John

This week really shows you how good this show once was

Pound for pound, this was the best week since they have been on Sirius. Fight weekJust today some of the classics were Robin's birthday, the Rainbow Room incident, Scott's pushup contest, Ralph vs JohnYesterday had Beetle vs Hank, Howard vs Dice, AJ Benza slapping JohnThis week really shows you how good this show once was
:lmao: some great radio.

Pound for pound, this was the best week since they have been on Sirius. Fight weekJust today some of the classics were Robin's birthday, the Rainbow Room incident, Scott's pushup contest, Ralph vs JohnYesterday had Beetle vs Hank, Howard vs Dice, AJ Benza slapping JohnThis week really shows you how good this show once was
:shrug: some great radio.
The only way to get any real conflict now is to be strung out on drugs like Artie.Otherwise, everyone makes too much money now and is way too happy to get into stupid fights...LOL

:popcorn: some great radio.
The only way to get any real conflict now is to be strung out on drugs like Artie.Otherwise, everyone makes too much money now and is way too happy to get into stupid fights...LOL
Ron and Fez, noon to 3. :X

:goodposting: some great radio.
Ron and Fez, noon to 3. :coffee:
Sadly I ain't paying no 5 dollars for best of content.

I dunno I thought this weeks fight shows were great, they REALLY railed on each other in some of these, Love it.

I also like the new shows :goodposting: Just find the show to be very entertaining.

The only thing I don't like on the channel is replays of entire older shows, the stuff isn't relevant. At least with this fight week it doesn't matter when the fights take place

I dunno I thought this weeks fight shows were great, they REALLY railed on each other in some of these, Love it.I also like the new shows :thumbup: Just find the show to be very entertaining.The only thing I don't like on the channel is replays of entire older shows, the stuff isn't relevant. At least with this fight week it doesn't matter when the fights take place
:thumbup: Love the replays, still like the show...still a fan. It's obviously not as good as it used to be but I still like it.

:thumbup: some great radio.
:thumbup:

I think I like

better than Rusty. :( All of the great Tradio clips are up on YouTube too. :blackdot:

I could listen to 6 hours of Richard and Sal every day.

Sad news about Blue Iris, on life support, might pull the plug today.

She was always a trooper and made for some funny radio.

:goodposting: some great radio.
The 17 cents a day is a killer. The wife and I have been talking about what cut backs we could make to fit this into our entertainment budget.

Buddy Ball 2K3 said:
The 17 cents a day is a killer. The wife and I have been talking about what cut backs we could make to fit this into our entertainment budget.
:no: Just because you deem it affordable doesn't mean I enjoy dumping money to companies for "extra" stuff.Everything is overpriced as is so if I feel the extra $ is not worth it no need to bash. They have raised prices already and I'm close to canceling. Same for cable and their "sports tiers" - they give me a bunch of crappy channels I don't want but I have to pay $5 extra for NFL network - F that.Sure people say it's only x amount a month or day but that's how they end up getting people.

Users who are viewing this thread