What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (7 Viewers)

Made it to Savannah in 11 hours. Didn't hit a bit of traffic leaving at 7:00 AM. GPS took me around 95 in DC so I guess that's why. Stopped at Whileys for some BBQ and am getting a hotel now. Thanks for the help guys.
Good luck on the 2nd leg of your trip.  Enjoy the vacation and keep us updated!!  

And tell Ariel to clear her calendar for the 1st 2 weeks in August for when I get there. 

We had a fast pass for the new frozen ride today. I'm not a fan of the movie nor am I a 12-year-old girl, but objectively it was kind of drab. The animatronics are simply incredible -- best I've seen. But it's just the maelstrom ride with new characters in it. I dunno, just not impressive. No idea why it took them almost 2 years to build it. 

Good for them for making money though. All of Norway is just frozen crap now. 

Did my fast passes a few days ago. Just wanted to rant about how worthless 3 FP are in epcot since you can only choose one of frozen, test track and soarin per day. Otherwise,  other than getting that elusive ohana reservation, we're all set.

We leave in one week for DL. Talking to kids yesterday about plans and it turns out no one wants to see the Frozen show at CA? :shrug: I guess that just frees up more time.

Did my fast passes a few days ago. Just wanted to rant about how worthless 3 FP are in epcot since you can only choose one of frozen, test track and soarin per day. Otherwise,  other than getting that elusive ohana reservation, we're all set.
Yea. Rant away brother.  It's amazing how glaring the lack of good attractions are at Epcot when they force you into tiers like that.

and I want to meet the sap who picks "living with the land" as his tier 1 attraction there just so I can laugh at him.  

Yea. Rant away brother.  It's amazing how glaring the lack of good attractions are at Epcot when they force you into tiers like that.

and I want to meet the sap who picks "living with the land" as his tier 1 attraction there just so I can laugh at him.  
IIRC, the reasoning behind Living With The Land as Tier 1 was they wanted something that wasn't an aggressive ride with height restrictions so families with just little kids or groups not interested in thrill-type rides wouldn't have a wasted spot.  But yeah, all things being equal, I think of Living With The Land as "that thing you do when the line for Soarin is too long".

if you're creative enough, all Epcot rides have a purpose.  I've converted Ellen's Energy Adventure into "38-minute air-conditioned nap area after big meal or F&W samplings".  I emerge from that one a new man.

IIRC, the reasoning behind Living With The Land as Tier 1 was they wanted something that wasn't an aggressive ride with height restrictions so families with just little kids or groups not interested in thrill-type rides wouldn't have a wasted spot.  But yeah, all things being equal, I think of Living With The Land as "that thing you do when the line for Soarin is too long".

if you're creative enough, all Epcot rides have a purpose.  I've converted Ellen's Energy Adventure into "38-minute air-conditioned nap area after big meal or F&W samplings".  I emerge from that one a new man.
Yep - nothing like a nap on Ellen's ride.  Not sure what I'll do if they update the pavilion to something I want to see.

Details for Epcot Food & Wine 2016 are revealed this week.  Here's the Eat To The Beat concert schedule.  These shows are at the American Adventure Pavilion in World Showcase.  If you've seen or walked by the Candlelight Processional, it's the same site as that.  

• Wang Chung — NEW! – September 14-15
  • Starship —  September 16-18
  • Air Supply –  September 19-20
  • The Bo Deans — September 21-23
  • Fuel – September 24-25
  • Sugar Ray — September 26-28
  • Los Lobos – September 29-30
  • David Cook — October 1-2
  • Wilson Phillips — October 3-4
  • Blues Traveler – October 5-6
  • Plain White T’s — NEW! – October 7-9
  • 38 Special — October 10-11
  • Jeffrey Osbourne — October 12-13
  • Tiffany — October 14-16
  • Dennis DeYoung and the Music of Styx — October 17-19
  • Christopher Cross – October 20-21
  • Toad the Wet Sprocket — NEW! — October 22-23
  • Chaka Chan — October 24-25
  • Billy Ocean — October 26-27
  • Living Colour -- NEW!! October 28-29
  • Hanson — October 30-November 1
  • Soul Asylum — NEW! — November 2-3
  • Delta Rae — NEW! — November 4-6
  • Boyz II Men — November 7-9
  • Sister Hazel — November 10-11
  • Big Bad Voodoo Daddy — November 12-14

Outstanding rundown of the 2016 Food And Wine Booths by Disney Food Blog.

I gotta stop reading it or I'm gonna book a flight to Orlando.

Some of my favorites from our F&W visit.  Keep in mind just about everything at the booths range from "really good" to "outstanding".  I recommend sampling as wide a range as possible; it's such a great way to try new flavors, or at least familiar flavors in a different way.

• Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies (Australia)
  • Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream (Belgium)
  • “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce (Canada)
  • Beijing Roasted Duck in a Steamed Bun with Hoisin Sauce (China)
  • Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole® Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayonnaise (Hawai'i)

Last edited by a moderator:
Details for Epcot Food & Wine 2016 are revealed this week.  Here's the Eat To The Beat concert schedule.  These shows are at the American Adventure Pavilion in World Showcase.  If you've seen or walked by the Candlelight Processional, it's the same site as that.  

• Wang Chung — NEW! – September 14-15
  • Starship —  September 16-18
  • Air Supply –  September 19-20
  • The Bo Deans — September 21-23
  • Fuel – September 24-25
  • Sugar Ray — September 26-28
  • Los Lobos – September 29-30
  • David Cook — October 1-2
  • Wilson Phillips — October 3-4
  • Blues Traveler – October 5-6
  • Plain White T’s — NEW! – October 7-9
  • 38 Special — October 10-11
  • Jeffrey Osbourne — October 12-13
  • Tiffany — October 14-16
  • Dennis DeYoung and the Music of Styx — October 17-19
  • Christopher Cross – October 20-21
  • Toad the Wet Sprocket — NEW! — October 22-23
  • Chaka Chan — October 24-25
  • Billy Ocean — October 26-27
  • Living Colour -- NEW!! October 28-29
  • Hanson — October 30-November 1
  • Soul Asylum — NEW! — November 2-3
  • Delta Rae — NEW! — November 4-6
  • Boyz II Men — November 7-9
  • Sister Hazel — November 10-11
  • Big Bad Voodoo Daddy — November 12-14
This would be a sick line up in 1989

What are the dates?  I don't see them?  We may go down mid-October.
The official dates of the festival this year are September 14 to November 14.  

Mid-October is a great time for WDW.  Food & Wine in full swing in Epcot, Halloween decorations up and Mickey's Halloween Party at MK, summer heat is over, school is in session so crowds are below peak level.... and I gotta stop listing reasons why it's great or I'm gonna book a hotel and flight.

The official dates of the festival this year are September 14 to November 14.  

Mid-October is a great time for WDW.  Food & Wine in full swing in Epcot, Halloween decorations up and Mickey's Halloween Party at MK, summer heat is over, school is in session so crowds are below peak level.... and I gotta stop listing reasons why it's great or I'm gonna book a hotel and flight.

Think that $15 guide is worth it for the food festival?  

Think that $15 guide is worth it for the food festival?  
I'd pass.  Instead I'd grab a Food & Wine Passport from the Marketplace.  The Passport will have all the menus and booth locations.  Last year they were free, but only available at the Marketplace building.

I recommend one of those wristband Food & Wine gift cards.  They don't cost any extra to load or reload, transactions at the booths go much faster, any leftover money on them can be spent anywhere else where the parks take credit cards, and make a nice souvenir when you're done with it.

We weren't on the Disney Dining Plan when we went there for F&W, but the best DDP snack credits to be had by far are at the F&W booths.  

I'd pass.  Instead I'd grab a Food & Wine Passport from the Marketplace.  The Passport will have all the menus and booth locations.  Last year they were free, but only available at the Marketplace building.

I recommend one of those wristband Food & Wine gift cards.  They don't cost any extra to load or reload, transactions at the booths go much faster, any leftover money on them can be spent anywhere else where the parks take credit cards, and make a nice souvenir when you're done with it.

We weren't on the Disney Dining Plan when we went there for F&W, but the best DDP snack credits to be had by far are at the F&W booths.  

Thanks!

So in an unrelated but also related info

today is Amazon Prime Day 

i bought something in the pre sale yesterday and it gave me a delayed shipping option that came with a $5.99 credit to Amazon Pantry (basically the delivery fee) which I claimed 

Amazon Pantry delivers to the Disney Resorts, so my little $12.00 Prime Day purchase is getting me a free grocery delivery to my resort for vacation. 

Side note: the Disney resorts also fall into Amazon Prime Now delivery area. basically 1 and 2 hour grocery delivery service   So that's an option too

Bruce Dickinson said:
I'd pass.  Instead I'd grab a Food & Wine Passport from the Marketplace.  The Passport will have all the menus and booth locations.  Last year they were free, but only available at the Marketplace building..  
Great post.  The only thing I'll add is they will stamp your passport so you can see where all you've been.  I keep my used one in my office at work and take it out from time to time to look through the offerings. :bag:  

I love F&W more than Jaysus loves pizza - mainly because F&W also has copious amounts of beer and other alcohol 

Great post.  The only thing I'll add is they will stamp your passport so you can see where all you've been.  I keep my used one in my office at work and take it out from time to time to look through the offerings. :bag:  

I love F&W more than Jaysus loves pizza - mainly because F&W also has copious amounts of beer and other alcohol 
F&W is pretty awesome.  It really makes EPCOT adult IMO.

Good luck on the 2nd leg of your trip.  Enjoy the vacation and keep us updated!!  

And tell Ariel to clear her calendar for the 1st 2 weeks in August for when I get there. 
Went to Animal Kingdom on day one and spent a total of 9.5 hours in the park. The shade in that park was a huge help for my little guys (7 & 6). We fast passed Dinosaur, Rapids and The Safari. The safari we fast passed started at like 4 and it was SOOO hot! As soon as we hoped in the truck it started to POUR and we loved it. The rain seemed to energize a lot of the animals as well which made for an even better experience. The thunder and lightening seemed to scare the elephants and they started to run away which was cool and somewhat scary at the same time lol. The dinosaur ride was pretty good as well. We were a little disappointed in the rapids though. We barely got wet and the ride seemed to be over pretty quickly.  We also met Donald and my girls met Pocahontas. The shows we saw were Nemo the musical and The festival of the Lion King.  These shows IMO are a must see, they were SO good and get you out of the heat for at least a half an hour. 

Day 2 we went to Epcot and unlike the above there is NO SHADE ANYWHERE! There is a lot of walking as well. We were there 9 hours. We all went on Test Track, Soren, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Nemo and some little boat type of ride in Mexico. We didn't fast pace Frozen and the wait never dipped below 70 minutes so we just scratched the idea of going. We met Baymax, Belle and Mary Poppins. Test Track and Soren are just amazing. I can't say enough how great these rides were. We saw a couple other street shows as we were walking around as well. Serveur Amusant in France was pretty good. It's an acrobatic show. The other was in Italy and it was a juggling show called Sergio. He picked me and youngest son to participate. Everyone made the ball into the big net he had except me, of course lol. Speaking of Italy we stopped at a place called Via Napoli Ristorante E Pizzeria. We got their biggest pizza (I forget the name). We got a half of pepperoni and pancetta and the other half cheese (awesome) anyway, the entire pizza was $70 including gratuity and fed all 6 of us. Pretty damned good deal for eating in the park IMO. Also, Germany has this grapefruit beer that I won't attempt to spell and it was AMAZING. I'd highly recommend you try it if you haven't done so already. We left the park at 5 after 8 hours and crashed. We went back at 8, went to France for some ice cream (cinnamon ice cream with roasted pecans and apple crumbles was very good) and went to watch the fireworks show after which was also very good. 

I underestimated just how hot it would be down here but we have all avoided any sunburn. My only real complaint so far would be the seats. Everywhere is either cement, stone or wood which sucks.

Today is one of our off days before heading to Magic Kingdom tomorrow.  

All in all this has been an amazing 2 days. 

So glad you took the time for the Lion King and Finding Nemo shows.  They've got those staged so well, nice break from the heat, but not so long you feel like you're making a big sacrifice to go.  When those Lion King singers are in their groove it is a powerful experience.  

Never done the Safari in the rain, but anything that gets the animals moving around makes it special.  Totally get what you said about elephants in motion.

Via Napoli for dinner and L'Artisan des Glace for dessert?  You are speaking my language, sir.  Cappy and I joke about not tipping the waiters at Via Napoli because you know they are swimming in international ##### after hours; it's why they are always smiling.  By we keep going back because the pizzas are terrific. Also dig the chicken parm, but you gotta go pizza there if you're drafting 1.01.

The macaroons at Glace are among my favorite tastes in all of WDW.  You can't go wrong with any ice cream flavor they offer.  

@Bigboy10182000 glad to hear everyone is enjoying themselves. Rest up, you earned it and MK is a big park to tackle. 

and yes...Lion King and Nemo are both great shows...a must do on each trip for us.

Question, how are you finding the crowds? Reports I see are surprisingly light for summertime. I'll be there in 3 weeks and hope the trend continues. 

Since we're talking Epcot Food & Wine, I feel the need to send out the @Yankee23Fan signal and see if he's around.  He's our F&W OG.
I'm going to put that on my business cards.  Esq., F&W O.G.  The conversations will be awesome.

Ok, Food and Wine, the atmosphere has changed over the years from when it was a special Disney thing to know being the thing that every 22 year old in Florida and every middle aged guy whose wife never lets him have fun needs to abuse over and over so you have to deal with that.  But it's still a great experience.  Feel free to trip any moron that has some kind of "I got drunk at Food and Wine" or similar shirt because they don't need to be in the genepool any longer.

Payment Options

As mentioned in the thread the very best way to do this is to get the keychain credit card thing.  It can be used elsewhere as a credit card but the main thing is payment within in the lines of Food and Wine.  It's the easiest way.  You would think cash is, but for some reason it isn't.  Use the wristband credit card thing and then keep it as a souvenier when you go home.  I might have a box full of them.  

Map/Guide Options

Don't buy anything.  There is no need.  Marketplace has a free Passport as has been mentioned.  (Hopefully it's still free).  That will give you a very good breakdown of all your options.  I find that the best way to tackle food and wine is in the opposite direction that the larger crowds seem to be moving.  More often than not, people with kids will be moving towards the Mexico pavilion first to the left of the main entry walk into World Showcase because Mexio and then Norway have rides.  Going the other way there are no rides any time soon.  So you are more likely to hit small kid families and people moving out of the accepted lanes of walking traffic more often in that area.  So start to the right heading towards Canada.

Be sure to stop in the central sister stores on the lake before you begin as well.  There are always deals there and they started selling a collectors mason jar of several moonshines for Food and Wine.  Caveat there though - Disney does not allow you to carry the moonshine in the park.  If you buy it, they deliver it to the front of the park for you to pick up when you leave the park for the day.  I might have objected to that once or twice.

General Overview/Layout

The general feeling of the setup is that the new Food and Wine booths are in the areas that most closely resemble their place in the world.  The South American countries will be near Mexico for example.  So you get not only new foods and treats to try but they are somewhat organized into regions of the planet.  You will get fat in the Mexico pavilion eventually.  The food from Argentina alone is orgasmic usually.

In the main portion of the entry to World Showcase (in between Mexico and Canada) there will be countries lined up as well.  These are usually the most crowded because people hit them first as they walk in.  I usually skip them and head back to France right away but YMMV.  In this general area you are probably going to find Domincan Republic, Hawaii, Scotland, Patagonia, New Zealand and Ausralia.  Sometimes they are in general places.  I know Greece is always in that area and never by, say, Italy, for some reason.  At least not that I have seen or remember.  But, whatever you do don't get stuck in one spot - there is a ton to do.

Pricing

The prices for everything range from $4 to about $11 for some higher end stuff.  A glass of wine is usually $5 or $6 and they are small - maybe half a normal glass or a third of a glass you would pour at home.  It really is designed to be a tasting and not a meal.  The food portions are more single appetizer size.

Menu

There is too much to review, but there are some must eats.  When it comes to the wine and the various beer areas and beer flites it really is whatever you want.  I usually go for the more refreshing and light stuff alcohol wise during this endeavor because of all the food and heat.

Africa will have a pavilion that should have a beef tenerloin option.  About $5.  Awesome.  The Africa cart area has a Grey Goose flozen drink that wife loves.  Everything is awesome in Australia especially the shrimp option.  In Belgium they should have a chocolate ganache - doesn't have to be dessert time - just get it.  And all their beers are awesome.  Brazil is orgasmic in every way.  Canada does a stand that basically has samples from the LeCellier' menu.  Awesome and makes you want to run into Le Cellier' - which you cannot do.  If you don't have a reservation there you aren't getting in.  China has a roast duck option if you like that but I go with the pot stickers.  Solid.  In the American pavlion there barbeque stuff that is solid but you can get that any time so I usually ignore the USA area except the grab a Sam Adams while I walk to the next stop.  Anything near France is awesome usually without a problem.  The Hawaii pork slider - do this.  You're welcome.  If Ireland is there again they do a lobster thing that is good although you can get roughly the same thing in America with probably a little smaller line.

Italy, well if you have to ask about that area you aren't human.  Poland has a good keilbassa that is awesome.  Scottland - potato pancake.  Again, you are welcome.  If South Korea is there again you will lose a lot of money there but it is worth it.  Just get one of everything.  And of course there is alcohol everywhere.  Germany will be packed with every moron on the planet to get the regular German stock and then all the new stuff (Belgium is there usually).  The German girls are 12's on the offdee scale almost universally.  The Italians are 13's.  I digress.

Overall if you are a glutton you will spend an easy $250 if you hit every place there.  A comfortable walk and hitting only stuff every now and then could see $100.  It your choice.

Gameplan

Like I said,  start on the right side towards Canada usually always.  There will be another block of a crowd as you cross the bridge into France because of the layout.  What you can't do though is ignore the countries that are always there because they step up at Food and Wine with different stuff, collectables and other treats.  No matter what plan we do we always try to end the indulgence back in France somehow for the Patessieri.  Just bakery heaven.  There should be no reason to ever stand in a line for more than 20 minutes.  You will see groups of people break up with one standing in one line and another somewhere else and eating like Italy food while in the German line getting beer while someone else is getting dessert somewhere.  I shun those people.  If you want the enjoy the place, enjoy it.

Do not, under any circumstances, eat before you go - no matter the time.  No breakfast or lunch or dinner that day - everything you need is at Food and Wine.  I would recommend no late snacks the night before either if you aren't man enough to shove stuff down your gullet.  And ignore all the stuff in Furture World.  It's a waste of time and takes away from the World Showcase's food.  

Extras

There is a ton of other stuff to enjoy.  Shows, concerts and the like.  Don't ignore them.  Especially family wise.  And frankly, though I haven't been there yet this year I imagine that staying from Norway if at all possible is probably a smart move.  Just, let it go.  See what I did there.

Good luck, have fun, and may the food be with you.

Payment Options

As mentioned in the thread the very best way to do this is to get the keychain credit card thing.  It can be used elsewhere as a credit card but the main thing is payment within in the lines of Food and Wine.  It's the easiest way.  You would think cash is, but for some reason it isn't.  Use the wristband credit card thing and then keep it as a souvenier when you go home.  I might have a box full of them.  
If you are staying on property, can you just use your regular wristband and charge back to your room?

@Bigboy10182000 glad to hear everyone is enjoying themselves. Rest up, you earned it and MK is a big park to tackle. 

and yes...Lion King and Nemo are both great shows...a must do on each trip for us.

Question, how are you finding the crowds? Reports I see are surprisingly light for summertime. I'll be there in 3 weeks and hope the trend continues. 
So far I didn't think any of the crowds were bad, however, I don't have anything to compare them to other than Busch Gardens or another park. I have found Disney to be so much easier to park in, get around and leave without any traffic at all. Even when the masses left after the final show at Epcot I didn't hit a single bit of traffic. 

BTW, we are going to MK all day tomorrow and for like half the day on Friday before going to dinner at Shutters for my daughters 18th birthday 

As soon as we hoped in the truck it started to POUR and we loved it. The rain seemed to energize a lot of the animals as well which made for an even better experience.
Have never been on the ride when it rained but have heard this from park employees. The animals love the rain and it proves a more entertaining experience than just seeing them rest in the shade or graze (again...so I've heard).

Day 2 we went to Epcot and unlike the above there is NO SHADE ANYWHERE! There is a lot of walking as well. We were there 9 hours. We all went on Test Track, Soren, Mission Space, Spaceship Earth, Nemo and some little boat type of ride in Mexico. We didn't fast pace Frozen and the wait never dipped below 70 minutes so we just scratched the idea of going.

Speaking of Italy we stopped at a place called Via Napoli Ristorante E Pizzeria. We got their biggest pizza (I forget the name). We got a half of pepperoni and pancetta and the other half cheese (awesome) anyway, the entire pizza was $70 including gratuity and fed all 6 of us. Pretty damned good deal for eating in the park IMO. Also, Germany has this grapefruit beer that I won't attempt to spell and it was AMAZING.
Epcot certainty isn't as nice as Animal Kingdom for shade but I think it's much better than Magic Kingdom. The reason is I have zero interest in the shops @ MG but love going into all the "towns" @ Epcot so am able to cool off.

The grapefruit beer at Epcot is Schöfferhofer and is indeed great on a hot day. Refreshing and low in alcohol content so you can suck back several.

Have been to Epcot more times than I can count but never had the pizza you mentioned in Italy. I'll definitely have to try that the next time we go. My go to lunch @ Epcot is a beer from Germany and something from Morocco.

Today is one of our off days before heading to Magic Kingdom tomorrow.  
What is this off day you speak of? My family is psycho in that they believe in zero out of park time. There are some days when I bail after dinner to go back to the hotel to relax because I've had my fill and they all think I'm nuts. Don't get me started on the "extra park hours." No thanks!

Schofferhofer is awesome.  It has become a staple in our house since they introduced it in Germany.  Always have a case or more in the beer fridge.

Always a joy reading an expert writing in his area of expertise with a high level of effort and enthusiasm.  Loved how he gave both the thousand-foot view and zoomed in for details.  

Wanted to reiterate Y23fan's lack of patience for team drinkers at Epcot.  Fortunately, they are usually easy to spot.  With the speed and ease of making customized T-shirts these days, you can often spot a "Drink Around The World" team from a distance thanks to their uniforms, usually with checkboxes they try to get cast members to mark as they hit each country.  

Always a joy reading an expert writing in his area of expertise with a high level of effort and enthusiasm.  Loved how he gave both the thousand-foot view and zoomed in for details.  

Wanted to reiterate Y23fan's lack of patience for team drinkers at Epcot.  Fortunately, they are usually easy to spot.  With the speed and ease of making customized T-shirts these days, you can often spot a "Drink Around The World" team from a distance thanks to their uniforms, usually with checkboxes they try to get cast members to mark as they hit each country.  
Seriously, good god are those people annoying.  I think I put in one of my last updates when we were there but if I heard one more 20 something idiot manchild yelling he was getting his drink on to his bros I was going to lose it.  There is an art to enjoying food and wine that is not college age drinking game level of enjoyment.  There is a place for that but this isn't it.  Or frankly, if it is at least have some class about it.

Maybe I'm getting old.

So far I didn't think any of the crowds were bad, however, I don't have anything to compare them to other than Busch Gardens or another park.
Agree. I was there last week and was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I could get out of the park and onto a bus. We were at MG for the New Year fireworks and it was a complete zoo. About an 1 1/2 hour wait from end of fireworks to get on the bus. Will never do again. By comparison we went to the 4th of July fireworks at MG last week and was on the bus in 15 minutes. Now I understand New Years vs the 4th is kinda apples and oranges but 15 minutes is fantastic by any measure.

Now the humidity...that's another story (brutal)!

We are planning on going during President's Day week next year instead of Spring Break as we have done the last two times. It has to be a LITTLE less busy? Right? 

Kids have never been to AK or Epcot and going to do those for the first time.

We are planning on going during President's Day week next year instead of Spring Break as we have done the last two times. It has to be a LITTLE less busy? Right? 

Kids have never been to AK or Epcot and going to do those for the first time.
Less busy.  And cooler weather.  The weekend will be crowded but not Spring Break crowded.  You will notice the difference on the Thursday-Friday before and/or the Tuesday/Wednesday after.

I can't say how much I underestimated the heat and humidity down here. I have dealt with 95+ before but this is completely different level. 
yep...its crazy hot and humid. Thats why I went 100% under armor/quick dri type shirts and shorts in place of cotton ones. Plus, doing early mornings and later nights makes it somewhat more bearable. 

add another of Early Morning Magic to the roster. Studios now has it starting Aug 1

Beginning August 1, a select number of guests can experience Disney Early Morning Magic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Beginning at 7:45 a.m., guests can enter the park and experience Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Toy Story Mania!, Pixar Place character greetings (with Woody and Buzz), and Mickey and Minnie on Commissary Lane and Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight. Guests can also partake in an all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast at ABC Commissary from 8-10 a.m.

Book your reservation today so you don’t miss out on this all-new special event. Disney Early Morning Magic—Disney’s Hollywood Studios is available for $69 per adult and $59 per child (ages 3 through 9) plus tax.

this is a curious one, the studios is really slim on attractions as it is. I mean you can arguably do this, stick around at park open and do RnRC and Tower and call it a day before 10 am. 

thoughts?

ok...my rant....FFFFFFUUUUUUAAAAAAAACCCCKKK!!!!!!  

I'm generally pretty neutral on these AM events b/c I kind of live by the if it works for you cool...but it aint gonna affect me type deal. Except now this one does.

We are scheduled to spend our only full Studios day on the same day that one of these AM events is offered. Normally, like above it wouldn't effect me. BUT...my kids want to do the Jedi Academy and we were planning on being at the park at rope drop to ensure they get in. I have heard that the sign up line is anywhere from 45-1.5 hours at opening and the spots have been going quick. Also, you need to have any kid signing up with you at time of registration. 

Now with this extra cost event that morning, I am hearing talk that they will let people who bought in get in line early for the Jedi thing. So now i'm faced with fighting the rope drop crowd AND these people, or buying the damn package for my family so that we can be on the inside already. FRACK!!!!

And with the magic of disney having us make all of our reservations and FP's so long ago, my schedule is pretty much locked in right now (will be there in 3 weeks)

so IDK what the heck to do....seems I'm forced to choose to spend money on something to get a normally free event. I think I may book it and hold it to see how the 1st few go, then if its not an issue, cancel it...FML!!! 

Somehow my wife read our plan we bought wrong and breakfast is not included in our hotel stay. We always try to do that for convenience and finances. I believe we are staying at the Sheraton with in walking distance of Disneyland. Any breakfast suggestions that wont break the bank and take to much time? Right now I am thinking we may be bringing our own food but the kids would much prefer to eat out.

Somehow my wife read our plan we bought wrong and breakfast is not included in our hotel stay. We always try to do that for convenience and finances. I believe we are staying at the Sheraton with in walking distance of Disneyland. Any breakfast suggestions that wont break the bank and take to much time? Right now I am thinking we may be bringing our own food but the kids would much prefer to eat out.

Eat stuff in the room and then go to Golden Corral every other day - their breakfast is great for the money.  

Users who are viewing this thread