What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disney Vacation (5 Viewers)

Hov34 said:
6:00 Boma - Never been.Cinderella's Castle - Dinner was very good and the atmosphere is cool. Don't know about breakfast or lunch. Sci Fi - Had reservations but didn't hit it this time.Tony's Town Square - Awful. It's the worst place in the whole Disney world. The service wasn't very good and the food isn't very good. The location is good, however, so if you are getting reservations around parade time, you get a good seat. Othern then that, I'd pass.Hoop-De-Doo Review - Never been.Spirit of Aloha Dinner/Show - If I'm going to the Polynesian, I'm hitting Ohana, sorry.Chef Mickey's Buffet - Pretty good breakfast - one of the best buffet style ones. Mickey is there as well for the kids.Princess Storybook Norway Dining - Never been.Le Cellier Steakhouse Canada - Great place as I said above.The Plaza Restaurant - Pretty good place. Not high up on the list of things people usually hit, but it was well done all around. I think they are pretty famous for their ruebens...Biergarten in Germany - My wife would puke if she had to eat German food so I've never been. Smells interesting walking by.

Hov34 said:
Here's our dining itineraryMonday (getting in 3:00 staying at AKL) - 6:00 Boma Tuesday - 11:00 - Cinderella's Castle 5:45 - Sci FiWednesday - 11:00 Tony's Town Square 5:00 - Hoop-De-Doo ReviewThursday - 8:00 Spirit of Aloha Dinner/ShowFriday - 7:45 - Chef Mickey's Buffet 12:00 - Princess Storybook Norway Dining 5:30 - Le Cellier Steakhouse CanadaSaturday 11:30 - The Plaza Restaurant 5:30 - Biergarten in GermanyThose are the reservations we have - the character dinners are not that flexible but the rest is. Yes we have two daughters so that explains all the character dinners.
My thoughts, all based on one trip this summer:Boma: didn't try it, although we did hit Jiko, the African themed sit down restaurant at the AKL, and it was the best quality meal of the trip. Simply outstanding food, but nothing special for atmosphere in restaurant.Cinderella's castle - Very cool. Somehow, we managed a breakfast reservation. Be sure to look up into the rafters while waiting for pictures to see a very cool touch.Sci-Fi: The coolest atmosphere restaurant we ate at. Big :confused: ...Princess storybook in Norway: Did breakfast. Decent meal, a couple of princess's were hot :shrug: , but the best part was walking through the closed Epcot (for our first view ever of the park) before they opened.

Just returned Friday night. Like Yankee said, it was HOT!! Like 90 with 100% humidity.

We did Cinderella's breakfast, but WARNING...they have changed it. Cinderella no longer circles around during breakfast. She meets you downstairs for a photo only. Wife and daughters were not happy.

We did the Mickey's-not-so-scary-Halloween. It was alright. Not sure it was worth the money. Characters our in costume. That's about it.

Ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern prior to and the charachters in there were dressed up as well. Chip had a Spiderman mask thing on. Girls loved it.

Not very busy at all. Most rides were 5-10 minutes tops. Wife did the ride (new ride...can't think of the name of it) at Animal Kindgom first thing in the morning and was through the line in maybe 10 minutes.

Chef Mickey's breakfast was adequate. Nothing to write home about. But certainly not bad by any means.

Crystal Palace buffet was good as well. Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore can be found here.

Not much else to add that hasn't been said.

Just returned Friday night. Like Yankee said, it was HOT!! Like 90 with 100% humidity.We did Cinderella's breakfast, but WARNING...they have changed it. Cinderella no longer circles around during breakfast. She meets you downstairs for a photo only. Wife and daughters were not happy. We did the Mickey's-not-so-scary-Halloween. It was alright. Not sure it was worth the money. Characters our in costume. That's about it.Ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern prior to and the charachters in there were dressed up as well. Chip had a Spiderman mask thing on. Girls loved it.Not very busy at all. Most rides were 5-10 minutes tops. Wife did the ride (new ride...can't think of the name of it) at Animal Kindgom first thing in the morning and was through the line in maybe 10 minutes.Chef Mickey's breakfast was adequate. Nothing to write home about. But certainly not bad by any means.Crystal Palace buffet was good as well. Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore can be found here.Not much else to add that hasn't been said.
We did the Cinderella Castle breakfast in May 2007. The Breakfast included 2 pictures with Cinderella. Cinderella doesn't come around to meet and greet, but Snow White, Jasmine and the Fairy Godmother do come around. My wife and I thought that this was the best character breakfast we did (also did Chef Mickey's and Restaurantosaurus).We also did the Spirit of Aloha luau. Good show, food average. If anyone does this, I recommend doing the early show. Wife wants to do the Mickey's Backyard BBQ next time we go. Anyone have any reviews?

Ohana's is the shiznit. If you walk out of there hungry, something is wrong with you. The food and the service are awesome! But it is a tough reservation to get if you don't do it ahead of time.
Nothing compared to trying to get "breakfast in the castle". We hired a travel agency and the day our agent could reserve it for us she started calling the minute she could and couldn't get a reservation. :hey:

Luckily for us we hired her.

A week later she sent an e-mail that after a few more phone calls she was able to get us in for breakfast on my daughters birthday.

My daughter will never forget having breakfast in the castle on her 8th Birthday. :goodposting:
We are staying concierge at the Animal Kingdom in March and got our dining list to him 183 days out and he locked everything down (including lunch at the castle) that same night. When I get home I'll post our restaurants and if you don't mind Yankee could you let me know which one to knock off for Ohana, because I don't think we have that one...
Here's our dining itineraryMonday (getting in 3:00 staying at AKL) - 6:00 Boma

Tuesday - 11:00 - Cinderella's Castle

5:45 - Sci Fi

Wednesday - 11:00 Tony's Town Square

5:00 - Hoop-De-Doo Review

Thursday - 8:00 Spirit of Aloha Dinner/Show

Friday - 7:45 - Chef Mickey's Buffet

12:00 - Princess Storybook Norway Dining

5:30 - Le Cellier Steakhouse Canada

Saturday 11:30 - The Plaza Restaurant

5:30 - Biergarten in Germany

Those are the reservations we have - the character dinners are not that flexible but the rest is. Yes we have two daughters so that explains all the character dinners.
Spirit of Aloha is a cool show, but the dinner at Ohana is way better.I would also recommend making a reservation at one of the MGM restaurants so you can get prime seating for Fantasmix. That was a great show with cool effects and stars Mickey. We ate at the Brown Derby....but that was not really suited for smaller childeren because the menu is upscale.

If you have daughters book....the princess tea party at the Grand Floridian. They have finger sandwiches, juice, coffee tea...and they get a princess doll. It is a cool thing for moms and daughters to do together. You could even make appointment at the bibbity boppity boutique. It's expensive...but what isn't at Disney? They get their heair, makeup and dress like their favorite princess for the day. Your daughters will never forget it

I would also recommend making a reservation at one of the MGM restaurants so you can get prime seating for Fantasmix. That was a great show with cool effects and stars Mickey. We ate at the Brown Derby....but that was not really suited for smaller childeren because the menu is upscale.
I'd disagree with this. We did the Brown Derby as well (didn't like it), but the "Prime Seating" is off to the right of the set, and you still need to get there relatively early for the better seats (just not as insanely early for middle stage). We all agreed it wasn't worth it.

I would also recommend making a reservation at one of the MGM restaurants so you can get prime seating for Fantasmix. That was a great show with cool effects and stars Mickey. We ate at the Brown Derby....but that was not really suited for smaller childeren because the menu is upscale.
I'd disagree with this. We did the Brown Derby as well (didn't like it), but the "Prime Seating" is off to the right of the set, and you still need to get there relatively early for the better seats (just not as insanely early for middle stage). We all agreed it wasn't worth it.
I'd do it no other way myself. It was nice to walk right from dinner and to our seats and not wait in yet another line.Maybe it was the time of year, but we walked in about 15 minutes before show time and had our pick of any seat. Ended up in the front two rows, got wet and had a blast. :D

Payne said:
Just returned Friday night. Like Yankee said, it was HOT!! Like 90 with 100% humidity.We did Cinderella's breakfast, but WARNING...they have changed it. Cinderella no longer circles around during breakfast. She meets you downstairs for a photo only. Wife and daughters were not happy. We did the Mickey's-not-so-scary-Halloween. It was alright. Not sure it was worth the money. Characters our in costume. That's about it.Ate at the Liberty Tree Tavern prior to and the charachters in there were dressed up as well. Chip had a Spiderman mask thing on. Girls loved it.Not very busy at all. Most rides were 5-10 minutes tops. Wife did the ride (new ride...can't think of the name of it) at Animal Kindgom first thing in the morning and was through the line in maybe 10 minutes.Chef Mickey's breakfast was adequate. Nothing to write home about. But certainly not bad by any means.Crystal Palace buffet was good as well. Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore can be found here.Not much else to add that hasn't been said.
Yeah...both trips this past year and a half we have liked the Crystal Palace buffet.New ride is Expedition Everest...very cool too. :hey:

I've never been to Disney World (only Disneyland), but I am enjoying reading this thread. I have a two year daughter, so we're planning ahead. Would a 3 yr old be too young for DW?

Also, is there only one character in all of DW? Example, if Mickey is at the Chef Mickey Breakfast, is he then not at the Park greeting visitors? Of are there multiples of each character to accomodate the demand to see them?

I've never been to Disney World (only Disneyland), but I am enjoying reading this thread. I have a two year daughter, so we're planning ahead. Would a 3 yr old be too young for DW? Also, is there only one character in all of DW? Example, if Mickey is at the Chef Mickey Breakfast, is he then not at the Park greeting visitors? Of are there multiples of each character to accomodate the demand to see them?
Each kid is different. Mine was there 4 or 5 times before he was three and he remembered it well and enjoyed it. Some people say that kids will not enjoy it for the money. We love the place, so that's where I come from.As for the characters, there are multiples all over the place. Mickey isn't always there to greet people when the parks open though. But if you go to Magic Kingdom, for example, Mickey will be at the character places he is at, and at Mickey's Toontown Fair house taking pictures all day, and probably in another place or two.You won't have any trouble finding any of the characters you want to see. If you want to make sure you get to see them and you don't do any character meals, then Mickey's Toontown Fair is where there are always picture rooms with characters - and while some of them vary each day, Mickey and Minny are always there in their homes.In Epcot there is a picture place right in the front right of the park after you pass Spaceship Earth. That is usually Mickey, Minny, Chip and Dale, Pluto and Goofy. Donald will make an appearance as well from time to time. Pooh and Tigger are in the England Pavilion a lot at a Kidcot picture stand, and Mary Poppins is usually there as well.In Animal Kingdom there is a picture place as well that varies characters, but Mickey or the Pooh friends are the standards.In the Studios I know of one specific place where Phantasia Mickey is always there taking pictures and most people don't know it's there, so sometimes it's empty. It's near JoJo's trailer, and while most people stop to see JoJo and Goliath, many don't see Mickey. I've gone there and had no one but me, my son and Mickey and his handler there for 10 minutes, and Mickey played with him the whole time.I've never seen the characters in Downtown Disney that I can remember. And I've only done each water park once, and not recently, so I don't know how often they are there.

I've never been to Disney World (only Disneyland), but I am enjoying reading this thread. I have a two year daughter, so we're planning ahead. Would a 3 yr old be too young for DW? Also, is there only one character in all of DW? Example, if Mickey is at the Chef Mickey Breakfast, is he then not at the Park greeting visitors? Of are there multiples of each character to accomodate the demand to see them?
Each kid is different. Mine was there 4 or 5 times before he was three and he remembered it well and enjoyed it. Some people say that kids will not enjoy it for the money. We love the place, so that's where I come from.
My 2 1/2 year old nephew loved the trip. As for how much he remembers, a week after we got back, we went to see Ratatouille. As the movie started and the Disney logo with Cinderella's castle appeared on the screen, Mikey perked up, pointed at the screen, started saying "Disneyworld" over and over. :thumbup: My 6 year old nephew, Jason, who celebrated his birthday in the park, suffice it to say, loved it.

I think each age will experience things differently, but each age will enjoy it. Definitely lots of things at WDW for a 3 year old to enjoy. Will she remember the trip when she's 10 years old??? wtf cares as long as she enjoyed it at the time and you document it with photos, etc.p.s. Best thing about taking a < 3 year old to Disney... No Charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took my son last year right before he turned 2 and again this year a few months before he turned 3.He had a great time.Characters are at multiple places.

I've never been to Disney World (only Disneyland), but I am enjoying reading this thread. I have a two year daughter, so we're planning ahead. Would a 3 yr old be too young for DW?

Also, is there only one character in all of DW? Example, if Mickey is at the Chef Mickey Breakfast, is he then not at the Park greeting visitors? Of are there multiples of each character to accomodate the demand to see them?
Each kid is different. Mine was there 4 or 5 times before he was three and he remembered it well and enjoyed it. Some people say that kids will not enjoy it for the money. We love the place, so that's where I come from.As for the characters, there are multiples all over the place. Mickey isn't always there to greet people when the parks open though. But if you go to Magic Kingdom, for example, Mickey will be at the character places he is at, and at Mickey's Toontown Fair house taking pictures all day, and probably in another place or two.

You won't have any trouble finding any of the characters you want to see. If you want to make sure you get to see them and you don't do any character meals, then Mickey's Toontown Fair is where there are always picture rooms with characters - and while some of them vary each day, Mickey and Minny are always there in their homes.

In Epcot there is a picture place right in the front right of the park after you pass Spaceship Earth. That is usually Mickey, Minny, Chip and Dale, Pluto and Goofy. Donald will make an appearance as well from time to time. Pooh and Tigger are in the England Pavilion a lot at a Kidcot picture stand, and Mary Poppins is usually there as well.

In Animal Kingdom there is a picture place as well that varies characters, but Mickey or the Pooh friends are the standards.

In the Studios I know of one specific place where Phantasia Mickey is always there taking pictures and most people don't know it's there, so sometimes it's empty. It's near JoJo's trailer, and while most people stop to see JoJo and Goliath, many don't see Mickey. I've gone there and had no one but me, my son and Mickey and his handler there for 10 minutes, and Mickey played with him the whole time.

I've never seen the characters in Downtown Disney that I can remember. And I've only done each water park once, and not recently, so I don't know how often they are there.
This is the best place to knock them all out in the same time. The line is inside in the A/C and there is one line to stand in for all of them. Excellent idea.

Each kid is different. Mine was there 4 or 5 times before he was three and he remembered it well and enjoyed it. Some people say that kids will not enjoy it for the money. We love the place, so that's where I come from.As for the characters, there are multiples all over the place. Mickey isn't always there to greet people when the parks open though. But if you go to Magic Kingdom, for example, Mickey will be at the character places he is at, and at Mickey's Toontown Fair house taking pictures all day, and probably in another place or two.

You won't have any trouble finding any of the characters you want to see. If you want to make sure you get to see them and you don't do any character meals, then Mickey's Toontown Fair is where there are always picture rooms with characters - and while some of them vary each day, Mickey and Minny are always there in their homes.

In Epcot there is a picture place right in the front right of the park after you pass Spaceship Earth. That is usually Mickey, Minny, Chip and Dale, Pluto and Goofy. Donald will make an appearance as well from time to time. Pooh and Tigger are in the England Pavilion a lot at a Kidcot picture stand, and Mary Poppins is usually there as well.

In Animal Kingdom there is a picture place as well that varies characters, but Mickey or the Pooh friends are the standards.

In the Studios I know of one specific place where Phantasia Mickey is always there taking pictures and most people don't know it's there, so sometimes it's empty. It's near JoJo's trailer, and while most people stop to see JoJo and Goliath, many don't see Mickey. I've gone there and had no one but me, my son and Mickey and his handler there for 10 minutes, and Mickey played with him the whole time.

I've never seen the characters in Downtown Disney that I can remember. And I've only done each water park once, and not recently, so I don't know how often they are there.
This is the best place to knock them all out in the same time. The line is inside in the A/C and there is one line to stand in for all of them. Excellent idea.
Yep... great place to knock out most of the main characters. One thing we've always done is my wife will stay in line with the kids waiting for pictures while I'll go score us some Fastpasses.

Good info in here. Keep it coming. I'm a little over a year away and in the initial planning stages.

Regarding meals, we probably would not do a meal plan because it would go to waste with our kids' eating habits. If I'm not doing a meal plan, how many reservations should I still plan on making? I'm thinking we would not want to be too structured, yet we want to make sure we hit some things like the character / princess meal opportunities. Can we get into some decent places to eat without reservations?

Yep... great place to knock out most of the main characters. One thing we've always done is my wife will stay in line with the kids waiting for pictures while I'll go score us some Fastpasses.
:goodposting: Sorin at the beginning of the day.

Good info in here. Keep it coming. I'm a little over a year away and in the initial planning stages.Regarding meals, we probably would not do a meal plan because it would go to waste with our kids' eating habits. If I'm not doing a meal plan, how many reservations should I still plan on making? I'm thinking we would not want to be too structured, yet we want to make sure we hit some things like the character / princess meal opportunities. Can we get into some decent places to eat without reservations?
It really depends on how much you want to spend, where you go. Figure out your meal daily budget. I'm sure if you do that and tell us what park you will go to, several DVC members and others here can really help with suggestions on pricing, the best place for the price and if reservations are needed.

Good info in here. Keep it coming. I'm a little over a year away and in the initial planning stages.Regarding meals, we probably would not do a meal plan because it would go to waste with our kids' eating habits. If I'm not doing a meal plan, how many reservations should I still plan on making? I'm thinking we would not want to be too structured, yet we want to make sure we hit some things like the character / princess meal opportunities. Can we get into some decent places to eat without reservations?
How old are your kids? For kids under 10, the meal plan is only $10 a day.

Disco Stu said:
Al Czervik said:
They're both under 10. Good to know.

Disco Stu said:
Al Czervik said:
They're both under 10. Good to know.
I think the meal plan for mom and dad would put this out of Al's wheelhouse. He is kind of tight.

Al Czervik said:
We plan this way - we have at least one reservation every day, and a majority of the days we have 2. We know going in that we won't hit every reservation.You can get into many places without a reservation but, you need to get there off peak time, and expect to wait. Like I previously posted, we walked into the new Italian place in Epcot and we walked into the place at The Land - which is a character meal - with no wait, and both times it was after calling to see if there were any openings to be had.If there are two or three places you really really want to hit (hint hint Ohana, hint hint) make a reservation to ensure your spot. If your kids really want a character meal, make sure you reserve them as well to be safe. But you can make the no reservations work based on timing.

Got back last weekend. Had a good time. The dinning plan is definitely worth it. Right now it includes an appetizer and the gratuity for sit down meals but I hear that is changing.

Disney really impressed me with the way they sell the illusion on all of their rides. It’s almost as if the lines are part of the ride. I was also impressed with the food at most of the sit down restaurants. About 1/2 way through I realized that my daughter didn't have to eat off the kids menu for a counter service.

50’s Prime time Café was decent. The waiter made my wife eat more of her veggies before he would give her dessert. He forked some green beans and fed them to her. My daughter loved it.

Coral Reef was probably the best meal we had.

Tony's Town Square was pretty good and we got in without a reservation.

Breakfast at Cindarella's castle was good. My daughter loved seeing all of the princess' and the food was really good and all you can eat. I Didn’t have much time to eat though because I was too busy snapping pictures.

Le Cellier Steakhouse was the most disappointing. I wasn't that impressed especially for the price, $118 for 2 adults and a child.

9 and under at Disney is basically a waste of money. Kids of that age would have the same amount of fun at a local fair.
Too funny...I read that as "Kids of that age would have the same amount of fun at a local bar."

Just got back from 8 days in Orlando. Hit Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM and Sea World. With 2 three year olds with us, we didn't do a lot of dining, although we did go out to Charley's one night and had awesome steaks.

The only real comment I have is that Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween is absolutely worth it. You can get in at 4 pm, but from 7-12 the park is limited to 5,000 people, meaning no lines for any rides at all. The only lines are to take pictures with characters and for candy (the kids got a totally ridiculous amount of candy). They loved it, the adults were able to trade off watching the kids and could walk onto rides like Splash Mountain without any wait. Kids had a blast, and it was cool to see the park decorated for Halloween.

Ohana's is the shiznit. If you walk out of there hungry, something is wrong with you. The food and the service are awesome! But it is a tough reservation to get if you don't do it ahead of time.
Nothing compared to trying to get "breakfast in the castle". We hired a travel agency and the day our agent could reserve it for us she started calling the minute she could and couldn't get a reservation. :shrug:

Luckily for us we hired her.

A week later she sent an e-mail that after a few more phone calls she was able to get us in for breakfast on my daughters birthday.

My daughter will never forget having breakfast in the castle on her 8th Birthday. :goodposting:
We are staying concierge at the Animal Kingdom in March and got our dining list to him 183 days out and he locked everything down (including lunch at the castle) that same night. When I get home I'll post our restaurants and if you don't mind Yankee could you let me know which one to knock off for Ohana, because I don't think we have that one...
Here's our dining itineraryMonday (getting in 3:00 staying at AKL) - 6:00 Boma

Tuesday - 11:00 - Cinderella's Castle

5:45 - Sci Fi

Wednesday - 11:00 Tony's Town Square

5:00 - Hoop-De-Doo Review

Thursday - 8:00 Spirit of Aloha Dinner/Show

Friday - 7:45 - Chef Mickey's Buffet

12:00 - Princess Storybook Norway Dining
Went in May/June. This was better than Cinderella castle. More princesses, Belle was the starting picture and Cinderella, Jasmine, Sleeping Beaty, and Arial visited the table.

For Christmas this year the wife and I decided to join the Disney Vacation club. Since we are young (I'm 24) we figured it would be best to join now and later we will have a great time for cheap when we have kids. The cool thing is that there are plenty of other options besides Disney if you get sick of going. That sold it for me. The meal plan is a must I agree. You don't have to worry about what to order. You just go for the most expensive thing without guilt.
We joined last month as well, 250 pts. I am 47 but my kids are 21, 20 and 18. The wife and I figure we can use it for a few years and then our kids can use it with their kids.
In the process of closing on a 200 point contract w/ Beach Club Villa home resort. It's a Christmas present for the family. We can't wait to start using it. I'll keep you two in mind if I ever need to rent more points. :excited:

Decided to take the plunge in mid April - 2 kids 6.5 yrs old and 3.5 yrs old

I never go anywhere (hate to fly) so will be splurging a bit so money not a big deal in the scheme of things

We are debating a few room options - a regular room at the Polynesian; a concierge lounge room at the Polynesian or a 2 BR Villa at the Old Key West; regular room at the Floridian - any recs?

How noisy are the hotels? Read the walls are pretty thin.

Also - one of the weeks we were looking at has a grad night in it - heard some bad things about that...anyone experience? Think I will avoid...

How are the bars? May have to sneak down and knock a few back to keep my sanity!

Grand Floridian is newer than the Polynesian. Definately get a place on the monorail route. It makes it alot easier to park hop after lunch.

Grand Floridian is newer than the Polynesian. Definately get a place on the monorail route. It makes it alot easier to park hop after lunch.
The Polynesian is only resort where you can take the monorail to both Magic Kingdom & EPCOT without transferring. A big plus for those who like MK and EPCOT the best.

Decided to take the plunge in mid April - 2 kids 6.5 yrs old and 3.5 yrs oldI never go anywhere (hate to fly) so will be splurging a bit so money not a big deal in the scheme of things We are debating a few room options - a regular room at the Polynesian; a concierge lounge room at the Polynesian or a 2 BR Villa at the Old Key West; regular room at the Floridian - any recs?How noisy are the hotels? Read the walls are pretty thin.Also - one of the weeks we were looking at has a grad night in it - heard some bad things about that...anyone experience? Think I will avoid...How are the bars? May have to sneak down and knock a few back to keep my sanity!
I stayed at the Polynesian and highly reccommend it. I had no issues with noise what so ever. Plus you I think it is a must to get a dinner reservation for Ohana if yuo stay there. They have a nice sized bar inside Ohana as well......but it will e one of the best meals you will have during your stay.

Decided to take the plunge in mid April - 2 kids 6.5 yrs old and 3.5 yrs oldI never go anywhere (hate to fly) so will be splurging a bit so money not a big deal in the scheme of things We are debating a few room options - a regular room at the Polynesian; a concierge lounge room at the Polynesian or a 2 BR Villa at the Old Key West; regular room at the Floridian - any recs?How noisy are the hotels? Read the walls are pretty thin.Also - one of the weeks we were looking at has a grad night in it - heard some bad things about that...anyone experience? Think I will avoid...How are the bars? May have to sneak down and knock a few back to keep my sanity!
I stayed at the Polynesian and highly reccommend it. I had no issues with noise what so ever. Plus you I think it is a must to get a dinner reservation for Ohana if yuo stay there. They have a nice sized bar inside Ohana as well......but it will e one of the best meals you will have during your stay.
Ohana is ####### awesome.

We stayed at the Wilderness Resort. We are going back in two years and will be staying there again. We loved getting back to the hotel and feeling like we were in Yellowstone and getting away from the Disney experience for a bit.

We stayed at the Wilderness Resort. We are going back in two years and will be staying there again. We loved getting back to the hotel and feeling like we were in Yellowstone and getting away from the Disney experience for a bit.
The Wilderness Lodge is great but you should give the Polynesian a try. The place is beautiful at night and the transportation options are the best of any resort.

We are in the preliminary stages of booking a trip down there for Christmas; thinking roughly 12-21 through 28 or something like that. Likely going with close friends who are DVC members and we are going to blow out theri points and add some money on top of that and get one of the townhouses in Saratoga for the week. Those places are wild.

Should be a blast. Already have required at least 2, nad would be more happy with 3 or 4, meals at Ohana.

We are in the preliminary stages of booking a trip down there for Christmas; thinking roughly 12-21 through 28 or something like that. Likely going with close friends who are DVC members and we are going to blow out theri points and add some money on top of that and get one of the townhouses in Saratoga for the week. Those places are wild.Should be a blast. Already have required at least 2, nad would be more happy with 3 or 4, meals at Ohana.
Just be prepared for the crowds. That week, along with July 4th and Thanksgiving, is the busiest week at WDW.

We are in the preliminary stages of booking a trip down there for Christmas; thinking roughly 12-21 through 28 or something like that. Likely going with close friends who are DVC members and we are going to blow out theri points and add some money on top of that and get one of the townhouses in Saratoga for the week. Those places are wild.Should be a blast. Already have required at least 2, nad would be more happy with 3 or 4, meals at Ohana.
Just be prepared for the crowds. That week, along with July 4th and Thanksgiving, is the busiest week at WDW.
I know. It's the only reason that we haven't just done it already. We always go off peak so we can enjoy the place, but there is something cool about being there for Christmas I think. And haev you seen those townhouses? Living the life right there.

I know. It's the only reason that we haven't just done it already. We always go off peak so we can enjoy the place, but there is something cool about being there for Christmas I think. And haev you seen those townhouses? Living the life right there.
Yep. We banked our points last year and so must splurge this year so we're planning on staying at a 3-bedroom place at Saratoga Springs in late spring/early summer.

Going in September and taking a 9 month old. Staying at the Broadwalk.

I like the Polynesian for the monorail, Saratoga for being right next to downtown disney and pleasure Island.

Going in September and taking a 9 month old. Staying at the Broadwalk.I like the Polynesian for the monorail, Saratoga for being right next to downtown disney and pleasure Island.
Which is your home resort? or do you have contracts at both?

Going in September and taking a 9 month old. Staying at the Broadwalk.I like the Polynesian for the monorail, Saratoga for being right next to downtown disney and pleasure Island.
Which is your home resort? or do you have contracts at both?
Saratoga Springs is my home resort, but i can stay anywhere really.

Have a conference in 2 weeks there. Everything was booked but the Coronado. Anyone stay there before?

The meal plan was great when we went in October but I hear they are cutting the gratuity and dessert out. Has that happened yet?

Also, ATC1, what is that user name from?

The meal plan was great when we went in October but I hear they are cutting the gratuity and dessert out. Has that happened yet?Also, ATC1, what is that user name from?
Yes it has, but it's no appetizer, not dessert. Effective 1/1/2008

The meal plan was great when we went in October but I hear they are cutting the gratuity and dessert out. Has that happened yet?Also, ATC1, what is that user name from?
Athletic Trainer Certified

Yes it has, but it's no appetizer, not dessert. Effective 1/1/2008
correct and gratuity is no longer included as well. I can see not using it, but when I go on vacation, I will spend that much on meals easily.

anyone have info on this grad night? The week we are looking at has at least one of them on each Fri so e will hit one - heard its a ton of HS kids with music blasting until 4am - ugh! Anyone experience or heard about this - can I live through it one night or should I try to rearrange everything which is a huge hassle to avoid it.

Users who are viewing this thread